Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Drum Equipment (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Request a Review (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171687)

Der Meister 04-13-2005 02:35 PM

[url]http://www.mikedolbear.co.uk[/url]

twitch101 04-14-2005 06:17 AM

zildjian ZXT flash splash and/or total china

Der Meister 04-14-2005 09:43 AM

steer clear of the ZXTs in general. They're not worth the money.

-TheGlassPrison- 04-21-2005 04:44 PM

I'll get a review of my starclassics up and going soon

AND NICCO USE THE EDIT BUTTON

spike9908 04-22-2005 08:29 PM

If anyone has:Paiste dimensions mid.heavy crunch hats
dimensions med. raw crash

MerDeNoms 04-27-2005 10:50 PM

Could anyone make a review of the Pearl MMX series? I heard one at a store, but it had dented, beat up heads, so I want an accurate example of how a well tuned, good conditioned one sounds :).

Sponer 05-12-2005 09:23 PM

Sorry if this was allready requested... but I'd like to see a review for Pearl Icon racks. I'm pretty sure that's the rack I want, but I want a few more opinions while I wait for $400 or so to magicaly appear in my wallet. :D

And if possible, compare it to Gibralter racks and explain which (in your opinion) is a better buy.

Der Meister 05-14-2005 09:17 AM

bill drum did a gret review on the DR-80. Check that one out.

Sponer 05-14-2005 05:09 PM

[QUOTE=Der Meister]bill drum did a gret review on the DR-80. Check that one out.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I'll check it out but I know I don't want a DR-80 rack. ;)

Imphead 05-15-2005 04:04 PM

I am getting so pissed of my hi-hat being farther away then I would like since I have my double pedal that I'm thinking of getting a DW 5520-2 Double Pedal/Accessory Hi-hat. I know it's expensive but that's not the point, has anyone ever played one of these?

Seafroggys 05-21-2005 11:06 PM

I'd like to have a review on a Paiste 2002 Classic Crash, preverably somewhere in the 17"-19" range. Thank you.

Chameleon 05-31-2005 01:08 AM

I am considering a Pearl Forum Standard (already reviewed) or a Pearl Forum Fusion (would like to request a review). Thank you. I really want a good starter kit with lots of thump, and am leaning towards a more low, bass sound. Hardcore or metal.

drummerdude9574 06-04-2005 08:42 PM

18" K custom fast crash. that would be sweet for someone to review that for me. thanks

FastHit 06-08-2005 04:19 AM

It would be good if some1 could review Wuhan S cymbals Thanks

charolastra 06-18-2005 12:21 PM

i can't decide between getting vic firth sticks or z's...

or if anyone can recommend me a good pair of sticks perfect for playing jazz-style in a rock band, it would also help.

thanks

kevbud187 06-19-2005 12:24 AM

Can someone please review Ludwig Accent 5-Piece Combo. I would much apreciate it

JDM DRUMMER 06-26-2005 11:09 AM

[QUOTE=charolastra]i can't decide between getting vic firth sticks or z's...

or if anyone can recommend me a good pair of sticks perfect for playing jazz-style in a rock band, it would also help.

thanks[/QUOTE]

I just bought a pair of the Joey Jordison model AHEAD (advanced high eficiency aloy drum sticks) and their great! they're not made of wood, they're made of some kinda metal and the tips are plastic and the part of the stick that you hit the drum with is made of an interchangeable grip.... over all it's kinda hard to explain. For me it makes it ALOT easier to play and it made my drum set (yamaha rhydeen) and cymbals sound beter. the JOey Jordison ones are more for rock but there's other models available for different types of music. These sticks were pretty expensive (45 buks CND)but i did get what i paid for.

P.S. could some one do a review of the DW 5002 AD3 (or maybe even the TD3). I'm gonna buy a double basss pedal soon and it's between one of those and an iron cobran. Any help would be much apreciated.

Chris 06-26-2005 12:54 PM

Welcome JDM,

A little hint, Aheads arent great. They are made of metal, and when used on Cymbals, odds on the Cymbals will come off worse, infact alot of cymbal companys will void there wantarys if you Aheads on there products. People on here do not rate them at all, and if you where to bring them up in the drums forum, you will get flamed.

But you should post in the drum forums, you will be suprised in what you will learn. And most of use in there dont bite that hard :p

JDM DRUMMER 06-28-2005 05:09 PM

Thanks Kriz for the heads up....and do they really bang up the cymbals more? ouch, I wish i knew that before i bought them...oh well. I just didn't think it would because the part that you hit the cymbal with is made out of some kinda plastic grip stuff that you can be replaced, and in the instructions for the sticks, it said that the cymbals warranty would be void if i hit the cymbals with the back end (which has exposed metal). Anyways thanks again for the heads up and I'll do my best not to get flamed lol.

DrummerDave96 07-19-2005 09:01 AM

[QUOTE=UrbanGeek]I would like to see a review or some reviews on good/decent splash cymbles, prefribly under £35, however i would also be interested in ones about splash cymbles up to the retail value of about £65. thank you.[/QUOTE]

Wuhan splashes sound really good. Most top of the line splashes sound like a watered down crash, but wuhans have a unique splash sound.

Bub 07-20-2005 03:19 PM

I'd like to see some reviews for the Paiste Rude cymbals - and if anyone's had the luxury to compare Sound Edge hats with regular Rude 14" hats :)
Thanks!

Duffcfh1022 08-07-2005 12:45 PM

Can someone please review the Axis Longboard X-L2 Double Bass Pedals, ive heard they're awesome, but i also think they're relatively new, and pretty freakin' expensive ($430 US). Any info on them would be appreciated.

Der Meister 08-27-2005 04:44 AM

[QUOTE=Duffcfh1022]Can someone please review the Axis Longboard X-L2 Double Bass Pedals, ive heard they're awesome, but i also think they're relatively new, and pretty freakin' expensive ($430 US). Any info on them would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.mikedolbear.com/story.asp?StoryID=749&Source=Search&txtSearch=axis[/url]

Skulltapper 08-28-2005 11:15 AM

Skulltapper : RE: Chad Smith Snare

[QUOTE=GreenDrummer]Chad Smith Snare[/QUOTE]

my drum teacher's son has a chad smith signature snare and may i say it is one of the best on the market. It definately makes use of the nickel plated steel shell because the sound that you get from a single stroke is loud, bright, but at the same time heavy and rocky, it will definately make you want to go through every song on your chili's albums. peace out

Sithdrummer 09-02-2005 09:47 PM

[QUOTE=Skulltapper]my drum teacher's son has a chad smith signature snare and may i say it is one of the best on the market. It definately makes use of the nickel plated steel shell because the sound that you get from a single stroke is loud, bright, but at the same time heavy and rocky, it will definately make you want to go through every song on your chili's albums. peace out[/QUOTE]

i have it, and i absolutely, compelety LOVE IT. its sounds awesome and is at a great price.

Sithdrummer 09-02-2005 09:50 PM

oh can anyone review the Sabian Metal X hi hats compared to the AAX Metal Hats compared to the AA Rock hats?

im in the process of replacing my B8s, and was gonna get Stage Hats, but saw those in the sound catelog.

XxDrummerboyxX 09-17-2005 08:32 AM

Would this be a good deal its on music123.com
Verve Vibe Master With Cymbals (Metallic Blue)

Brokensticks 10-12-2005 11:30 PM

Review AAX Stage Set Please

Seafroggys 10-18-2005 12:09 AM

y'know, does anybody ever do the reviews that are requested?

Der Meister 10-18-2005 12:46 PM

well people can only review what they have extensively used so chances are, there aren't gonna be many people who have used it and have seen this thread/can be bothered.