Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Drum Equipment (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Request a Review (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171687)

bobby__johnny 11-05-2004 02:50 PM

i'm working on a review for the DTXtreme IIS by Yamaha....i can tell you this much right now - It beats the DTXpress III without even trying.

XemoXmoshXpitX 11-05-2004 09:47 PM

Zildjian ZBT cymbal pack from musiciansfriend for $200 - (crash, ride, hats, china)

Worth buying? What's the sound like and is it better or worse than other Zildjian cymbals?

bobby__johnny 11-06-2004 07:36 AM

wrong thread. and i'll just say this about the ZBTs. you get what you pay for.

filth and fury 11-11-2004 11:13 PM

zildjian zbts

leftydrummer 11-18-2004 01:31 PM

Meinl Amun Hi hats 14 inch SOundwave and Powerful and 16, 18 inch Crashes.

Punx18 11-22-2004 10:18 AM

Hi, could someone give me a review on the Gretsch Blackhawk and/or the Mapex M kits please. I'm un-decided which kit to go for! Also could someone tell me what the difference is between the a fusion kit and a rock kit!

sorry for being a noob!
Cheers

Mars Ulrich 11-24-2004 02:02 PM

[QUOTE=parijatkumar]I want to see reviews of sonor drum kits and A zildjian cymbals but the reviews should compare the products to other products of the same level.[/QUOTE]

For me, there is no better cymbal brand than Zildjian. I reckon they're the best, but they are expensive, if you live in the US, i know a site where you can get them cheaply, or on the other hand, good value for money makes are: Headliner, MCS and AA. Hope this is helpful to you!

Mars Ulrich 11-24-2004 02:09 PM

[QUOTE=AfroDrummer16]yeah nobody is making any reviews....but neways it would be nice if some1 could review the Janus Ergo Double pedals and compare them to Tama Iron Cobra's[/QUOTE]
Having used both, I'd say it is down to personal preference. Personally I would favour the Tama Iron Cobra, which is what I use now, but try them both out and then pick the one you prefer, they are both really good! However, try and avoid belts if you can and go for chains, because I find that belts damage easier.

Latouffe 11-27-2004 01:34 PM

i know someone wrote a review of the dtxpress II but i'd like to know how much is worth a second hand one in good condition with a dtextreme snare added(mesh)

and for the iron cobra double pedal they're the best i've tried but i didn't tried alot of other models... i

Der Meister 12-09-2004 01:15 PM

[QUOTE=Punx18]Hi, could someone give me a review on the Gretsch Blackhawk and/or the Mapex M kits please. I'm un-decided which kit to go for! Also could someone tell me what the difference is between the a fusion kit and a rock kit!

sorry for being a noob!
Cheers[/QUOTE]

Mapex M kits are the best in that price range IMO,

fusion sizes = 10",12" and 14" toms
rock sizes = 12",13" and 16" floor tom

jerzeydrummerboi 12-09-2004 08:33 PM

titanitum cymbals? help w/ groove percussion...

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen]
yeah so um 1st off. wuts the deal w/ titanium cymbals? do they have higher/lower pitches? do they "decay" faster? stronger take more abuse? or just for show?? and i ahve a 5-pices groove percusion drumset, it sucks, it sounds like timbales, lol. i had 2 get dat cuz dats all i could afford, supposedly wut mother said. so does ne1 know of decent low priced heads that will add a deeper sound?....
thanx

slaytalica25 12-18-2004 03:54 PM

tama bronze snare drum please.

SkaRabbit 12-23-2004 12:07 PM

sabian b8 ride if you could spare some time to review it please

Praiz 01-03-2005 11:30 PM

[QUOTE=GreenDrummer]Chad Smith Snare[/QUOTE]

I second that request.

dum drummer 01-14-2005 12:34 AM

[QUOTE=SkaRabbit]sabian b8 ride if you could spare some time to review it please[/QUOTE]

Well b8 is sabians beginner set so of coarse it is beginner quality, I would go with zildjian z dry ride, :thumb:

dum drummer 01-14-2005 12:39 AM

[QUOTE=jerzeydrummerboi][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen]
yeah so um 1st off. wuts the deal w/ titanium cymbals? do they have higher/lower pitches? do they "decay" faster? stronger take more abuse? or just for show?? and i ahve a 5-pices groove percusion drumset, it sucks, it sounds like timbales, lol. i had 2 get dat cuz dats all i could afford, supposedly wut mother said. so does ne1 know of decent low priced heads that will add a deeper sound?....
thanx[/QUOTE]

first off titanium have a very bright sound otherwise just show and for something different, as for heads it really depends oin what style your playing. for rock just get a simple two ply clear pin stripe for the toms and coated for snare. jazz and lighter music a single ply will do

dum drummer 01-14-2005 12:45 AM

[QUOTE=XemoXmoshXpitX]Zildjian ZBT cymbal pack from musiciansfriend for $200 - (crash, ride, hats, china)

Worth buying? What's the sound like and is it better or worse than other Zildjian cymbals?[/QUOTE]

my personal opinion is that packs afre just a plain bad idea, go out and buy your own cymbals for each individual sound(mix and match brands). plus zbt are only useful for titanium

rishjo15 01-28-2005 07:59 PM

Meinl Amun Cymbals? (getting a ride)

Sinai Beach 01-31-2005 11:55 PM

Pearl eliminator double bass pedal (chain drive)i really want this pedal. its between this and the iron cobra. im going more towards the pearl because it has interchangable cams

James2 02-12-2005 02:55 PM

Zildjian ZXT Pros

Nicco 02-18-2005 07:08 PM

tama rack

[QUOTE=BWD]tama racks..I need to buy all new hardware when I get my new kit, and I wanna know how good tama racks are..[/QUOTE]
never liked tama's set up try looking at pearls or ludwig

Nicco 02-18-2005 07:11 PM

double bass single foot

[QUOTE=MuffRaider]id like to see a review for a single foot double bass pedal... i wish i could remember the name of it, but i think it's black and pink and it's a double bass pedal for one foot.

EDIT: it is called The Dualist[/QUOTE]
i played with one for a while on a kit i rented for a summer once.
Its ok once you get use to it but for someone that is accelerant with heal toe you might not like it.

Nicco 02-18-2005 07:14 PM

roland v-drum

[QUOTE=Blood of Fury]I'd like to see a review of any of the Roland V-Drum series electronic drum sets.[/QUOTE]
review hers your review there the best thing you can get. you dont need to sound prof anything to not desterb the nabhers and the sound is studio quality
if you can afford a set buy them you will never regret it!!!

Nicco 02-18-2005 07:18 PM

cobra pedals

[QUOTE=AfroDrummer16]yeah nobody is making any reviews....but neways it would be nice if some1 could review the Janus Ergo Double pedals and compare them to Tama Iron Cobra's[/QUOTE]
dont like the cobras. dont have mutch play with ergos but my fav and some people dont like them but the pearl eleminator but thats just me.

matt_rockstarcustom 03-05-2005 04:38 PM

pearl profile drumset, tama rockstarcustom, sabian xs20, in fo on these products please

matt_rockstarcustom 03-05-2005 04:41 PM

[QUOTE=SkaRabbit]sabian b8 ride if you could spare some time to review it please[/QUOTE]
It is horrible, dnt waste ur money . go for the sabian xs20

matt_rockstarcustom 03-05-2005 04:42 PM

[QUOTE=XemoXmoshXpitX]Zildjian ZBT cymbal pack from musiciansfriend for $200 - (crash, ride, hats, china)

Worth buying? What's the sound like and is it better or worse than other Zildjian cymbals?[/QUOTE]
get it, but i think u can get it with 2 crashes and almost the sam price, it is worth it

Epiphender 03-30-2005 01:07 PM

Tama Superstar Custom

And does anyone know how many lugs each drum has?

cctama29 04-02-2005 07:45 PM

[QUOTE=Epiphender]Tama Superstar Custom

And does anyone know how many lugs each drum has?[/QUOTE]

they are quite new but someone out there must have them
so i second this request
even though no one has reviewed barely any of the requests on this thread but thats ok

Epiphender 04-02-2005 09:24 PM

Are there any good review sites at all, like harmony central, but for drums?