Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Guitar (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Fender Jaguar Classic (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612017)

Ventriloquist 06-21-2012 03:40 PM

Fender Jaguar Classic

Thinking about buying a new guitar that will give me sweet clean tones. I have a Les Paul Classic and a 7string ibanez which are superb for my sludgy riffs but not so much for the drone stuff.

I'm interested in the single coil version called Fender Jaguar Player Classic which is made in Mexico. They are on sale right now so I might grab one. Anybody have one? I watched some reviews they seem to be the perfect guitar i'm looking for but i would like to hear you guys' opinions. I'm in no hurry to buy it and open to any other suggestions. Thanks!

Sad But True 06-22-2012 12:41 PM

Love Jags: the shape, the scale length, the sound. I'd personally go find a used Jap one from the 90s, replace the bridge with a Mustang bridge, re-do the electronics and sorted.

Not played the Player Classics yet, sorry.

Ventriloquist 06-22-2012 02:14 PM

hm i think i'm going to go with the american version. even tho it's like twice as much as the mexican one. the japanese one is the one one with humbucker pickups right? called blacktop i think. they just sound fantastic. i just don't like the clean strat sound. it sounds so.. strat..

Vinnie's Ice Cream 06-22-2012 05:04 PM

Enjoy paying a shit ton for a really crappy guitar with a name brand head stock. There's so much better for that price range...

spirit 06-22-2012 06:09 PM

jesus, jos, be wronger

Ventriloquist 06-22-2012 10:01 PM

lol

Vinnie's Ice Cream 06-24-2012 11:35 AM

Almost everything Fender makes is crap. It doesn't take a genius to open up the back and check out the wiring and components. Same goes for most the major brands. They make a killing off the name and cut costs with the cheapest possible labor and components.

Fan boys will scream otherwise, but anyone with even an inkling of knowledge can look at the guitars and see what's up real fast.

Hey, spend your money how you want. For that price range there are shit tons of better built machines if you stay away from major brand names.

spirit 06-24-2012 04:09 PM

[QUOTE=Vinnie's Ice Cream;18899655]Almost everything Fender makes is crap. [/QUOTE]

lol, no

it's no worse than *insert all brands here*

there may be as good or better guitars in the price range, but there is no way i'm gonna let "everything Fender makes is crap" fly. i'm not claiming exception for their hand built custom shop shit or anything. they just make good guitars. menstruation, as you north americans say.

both fender and gibson went through a bit of a lull recently, but they've been getting their shit together again in the last 5+ years.

there's something to be said for unnecessary fanboy-ism, but that doesn't mean that the big boys make shit, just that there as good or better options. and what fender (and gibson) make, at least just now, is as good as they've ever been (restrictions on buying out forests in poor countries notwithstanding)

Jeffs Carrot 06-24-2012 06:53 PM

New Fender and Gibson guitars stink

I'm a collector of Fender guitars, have put many together and have many of them. If you want a quality fender look to buy used and something old. The quality control nowadays is awful. Look at the workmanship when you go into any shop especially on the American series... They aren't worth the price they are offering

spirit 06-24-2012 06:57 PM

jesus, jeff

it's like i have to rape both of you. which i will. to completion.

christ, this is stupid

Jeffs Carrot 06-24-2012 07:02 PM

Maybe you can send me some Fender swag from the U.K distributor you work for

After the raping of course...

spirit 06-24-2012 07:04 PM

fucking, cunt face

wait for it

Sad But True 06-25-2012 01:45 PM

God this thread has gotten several degrees stupider recently.

guitarbaz 06-26-2012 08:29 AM

if you like a guitar and can afford it then then buy it. fuck what anyone else thinks.

/thread

in fact

/guitar forum

wartomods 06-29-2012 11:51 AM

I can swear chinese made squiers are the best, why?
Because they are made to standard fender specs, and in china they have the latests factories and processes, the guitars are very solid and playable.
Sometimes handmade is not the best, and fenders are guitars designed to be made by machines and cheap, those are fenders roots.

Left Face Down 06-29-2012 10:57 PM

[QUOTE=guitarbaz;18901194]if you like a guitar and can afford it then then buy it. fuck what anyone else thinks.

/thread

in fact

/guitar forum[/QUOTE]

This

Worst case scenario you get a P.O.S. and then you learn your lesson. You will always find lemons and diamonds in any model that is made from a factory line. Do your best to find the diamonds and avoid the lemons. If they have 5 of them in store, try out all five. Come back multiple days, play them over and over until you just have to have one of them or the store employees threaten to kick you out if you don't buy something. The former thankfully rarely happens.

Remember pickups can always be changed out. The best way to pick a guitar is to find what you like that you can't change, and if you don't like something you can then change it.