Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rock & Metal (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   fuck off pokemon hipsters (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=595679)

blockhead 03-19-2012 06:34 PM

[QUOTE=Gorgon;18828818]did you like chemistry when in school?

do you like to cook?[/QUOTE]

i didn't like chemistry in school but i enjoy learning about it when it's related to drugs lol. i've read around ten books about how drugs and addiction work for fun.

Gorgon 03-19-2012 06:36 PM

[QUOTE=blockhead;18828838]i didn't like chemistry in school but i enjoy learning about it when it's related to drugs lol. i've read around ten books about how drugs and addiction work for fund.[/QUOTE]

I talk with my friends girlfriend about stuff like that all the time
she's majoring in neuroscience and is like a sponge with information. It's intense.

just an endless repository of information on cognition and neurology

adbforever 03-19-2012 06:36 PM

[QUOTE=Gorgon;18828836]you do know that that capacity is important in human society, right?

yeah I called you stupid because how could you possibly know how I am conceptualizing my partner?[/QUOTE]

you're trying to tell me that communication is important :lol: dude you're a riot. Thanks for the info..

i can know just for the fact you're head over heels for a girl at age 19. this age is pretty irrelevant. you falling in love with a girl this early = high probablility of heartbreak.

adbforever 03-19-2012 06:37 PM

and even if you do fall in love with her and marry her...what do you have left? being stuck with the same girl your whole life...having kids...doing a bunch of shit to convince her not to leave you ?

Gorgon 03-19-2012 06:37 PM

what's your point?

wow you're a miserable excuse for a person.
1) you marry someone because you want to be with them for your whole life
2) having kids is every living organisms biological imperative
3) no one should have to convince their significant other to not leave them, if they do it wasn't working in the first place

you need to develop your emotional intelligence

blockhead 03-19-2012 06:40 PM

[QUOTE=Gorgon;18828839]I talk with my friends girlfriend about stuff like that all the time
she's majoring in neuroscience and is like a sponge with information. It's intense.

just an endless repository of information on cognition and neurology[/QUOTE]

whenever i'm interested in something I read as much as I can about it online and if i'm interested enough I'll buy books to read about it.

I like to learn but I've always felt bored in school except in english and social studies

Gorgon 03-19-2012 06:41 PM

school is structured pretty terribly. I wish I learned all my stuff through labs/application based studying like in college but no one is going to teach advanced device physics and quantum chemistry in college :(

I remember all the things I've done in the laboratory, not all the random shit I was exposed to in class. Unless we do the derivations in class from first principles, then I can remember the whole derivation. Used to derive every equation on my tests and apparently that was enough to impress all my profs

adbforever 03-19-2012 06:45 PM

[QUOTE=Gorgon;18828843]what's your point?

wow you're a miserable excuse for a person.
1) you marry someone because you want to be with them for your whole life
2) having kids is every living organisms biological imperative
3) no one should have to convince their significant other to not leave them, if they do it wasn't working in the first place

you need to develop your emotional intelligence[/QUOTE]

1. the probability of staying with them your whole life in this age :lol: Especially when both people are atheists with no objective morality

2. man, we totally need more kids to support our earth. bullshit. having kids at this day is basically something new to talk about to people. It's a basic conversation starter...like how's the weather...something you can talk to anyone about

3. csb

blockhead 03-19-2012 06:47 PM

[QUOTE=Gorgon;18828846]school is structured pretty terribly. I wish I learned all my stuff through labs/application based studying like in college but no one is going to teach advanced device physics and quantum chemistry in college :(

I remember all the things I've done in the laboratory, not all the random shit I was exposed to in class. Unless we do the derivations in class from first principles, then I can remember the whole derivation. Used to derive every equation on my tests and apparently that was enough to impress all my profs[/QUOTE]

at work i've been doing a lot of lab tests with my dad and it reminds me a lot of that sort of thing. I've also been in charge of identifying the samples and all the stuff that goes along with that in addition to what i was doing before.

I find it a lot more interesting than I did in school because I have a practical use for it and I already have a pretty solid understanding of how the drilling works so it's cool to see how it all fits together

adbforever 03-19-2012 06:48 PM

idk if you're aware of how much you're trying to brag in this convo gorgon

but the point is a lot of our actions are subconsciously geared toward having something to discuss with others in that fashion

you're one of those "I gotta one up this faggot" people because you're around so many of them

Gorgon 03-19-2012 06:48 PM

I just feel like if I constantly put you down you might be more inclined to go away

[QUOTE=adbforever;18828850]1. the probability of staying with them your whole life in this age :lol: Especially when both people are atheists with no objective morality

2. man, we totally need more kids to support our earth. bullshit. having kids at this day is basically something new to talk about to people. It's a basic conversation starter...like how's the weather...something you can talk to anyone about

3. csb[/QUOTE]

oh you're one of those new-atheists eh

and our children would be elite so yeah it would be a good idea

nice come back doofus

Gorgon 03-19-2012 06:49 PM

[QUOTE=blockhead;18828852]at work i've been doing a lot of lab tests with my dad and it reminds me a lot of that sort of thing. I've also been in charge of identifying the samples and all the stuff that goes along with that in addition to what i was doing before.

I find it a lot more interesting than I did in school because I have a practical use for it and I already have a pretty solid understanding of how the drilling works so it's cool to see how it all fits together[/QUOTE]

what does your dad's company do?

blockhead 03-19-2012 06:51 PM

i'm in love with myself tbh

if i could meet someone exactly like me i would be thrilled

witchxrapist 03-19-2012 06:52 PM

this is pretty gay

Gorgon 03-19-2012 06:53 PM

this girl is pretty similar to me

I met a girl that was really like me (and gorgeous) but I fucked it up because I was an awkward virgin at the time. I've bumped into her at school and I still get that feeling when I see her

@maps
I'm procrastinating; don't feel like reading any more papers on buddhism

blockhead 03-19-2012 06:57 PM

[QUOTE=Gorgon;18828855]what does your dad's company do?[/QUOTE]

he has an engineering business and a drilling business that work in conjunction

a client will call the engineering business with a property they want analyzed

me and another guy go out and drill usually two 25' holes and take samples of the soil every 5'. I write down what kind of soil it is and do a pocket pentrometer on it.

then we take the samples back to the lab and run moisture content, expansion and several other tests.

we send the results to my dad and he writes a report

adbforever 03-19-2012 06:57 PM

[QUOTE]I just feel like if I constantly put you down you might be more inclined to go away[/QUOTE]

:lol: good luck with that

gorgon logic:

has two weaksauce retorts

then for the third says " nice come back doofus" which drips with irony

Kaiwaz 03-19-2012 07:03 PM

[QUOTE=blockhead;18828863]he has an engineering business and a drilling business that work in conjunction

me and another guy go out and drill usually two 25' holes and take samples of the soil every 5'. I write down what kind of soil it is and do a pocket pentrometer on it.

then we take the samples back to the lab and run moisture content, expansion and several other tests.

we send the results to my dad and he writes a report[/QUOTE]

do they call often

Gorgon 03-19-2012 07:05 PM

blarg

[QUOTE=blockhead;18828863]he has an engineering business and a drilling business that work in conjunction

we send the results to my dad and he writes a report[/QUOTE]

sweet

seems pretty lucrative

blockhead 03-19-2012 07:07 PM

[QUOTE=Flynn;18828867]do they call often[/QUOTE]

we go through phases of being really busy for a week then not having shit to do the next

we're pretty dependent on people buying new property that needs to be tested so when the economy is bad it doesn't happen as often.

if it rains we also can't go out and drill because the rig will sink.

i know how to operate the drill rig that's pretty fun

Gorgon 03-19-2012 07:10 PM

move to canada people are still buying property/building new houses up here like nothing's happened

Kaiwaz 03-19-2012 07:20 PM

[QUOTE=blockhead;18828871]we go through phases of being really busy for a week then not having shit to do the next

we're pretty dependent on people buying new property that needs to be tested so when the economy is bad it doesn't happen as often.

if it rains we also can't go out and drill because the rig will sink.

i know how to operate the drill rig that's pretty fun[/QUOTE]

So it basically evens out though, how long have you guys been doing this?

blockhead 03-19-2012 07:20 PM

[QUOTE=Gorgon;18828874]move to canada people are still buying property/building new houses up here like nothing's happened[/QUOTE]

i wouldn't mind that at all i hate america and everything it stands for.

i honestly think we got what we had coming with 9/11. we treat other countries like shit and exploit them all the time i don't blame them for hating america and wanting to attack us. those people in the twin towers weren't really innocent either. they're like the people that worked on the Death Star; they knew they were working for a corrupt empire; that's a risk you take when you exploit other people and treat them like shit.

blockhead 03-19-2012 07:22 PM

[QUOTE=Flynn;18828881]So it basically evens out though, how long have you guys been doing this?[/QUOTE]

early 90s. my grandfather owned another engineering business before that and my dad bought part of it. he and my uncle (who works with me) have been doing this since they were 15-16.

I've been working there 3 years now.

botb 03-19-2012 07:22 PM

9/11 happened either because we staged it or because we were in other countries fucking with them for literally no reason.

Kaiwaz 03-19-2012 07:22 PM

[QUOTE=blockhead;18828886]early 90s. my grandfather owned another engineering business before that and my dad bought part of it. he and my uncle (who works with me) have been doing this since they were 15-16.

I've been working there 3 years now.[/QUOTE]

does it pay well?

blockhead 03-19-2012 07:23 PM

[QUOTE=bringonthebreakdown;18828887]9/11 happened either because we staged it or because we were in other countries fucking with them for literally no reason.[/QUOTE]

i wouldn't be surprised at all if it was staged, i wouldn't put anything past our corrupt government. and like i was saying we deserve it if it was because we fucked with all those other countries.

actions have consequences. notice nothing like this ever happens to places like canada

Ando! 03-19-2012 07:24 PM

I just want to say to anyone who might be lurking that not everyone on this forum is a huge dipshit about 9/11

I'm on your side, I'm here for you

Juddybear 03-19-2012 07:26 PM

[QUOTE=bringonthebreakdown;18828887][B]9/11 happened either because we staged it[/B] or because we were in other countries fucking with them for literally no reason.[/QUOTE]

you cant be serious

blockhead 03-19-2012 07:27 PM

[QUOTE=Flynn;18828888]does it pay well?[/QUOTE]

I make $9 an hour right now but we usually work 45-50 hour weeks. I've been told several times I'll get a substantial raise as soon as business picks up and we can afford it. I used to only work on the rig but I'm being taught how to do everything so I can take over the company later on. At the very least I'll get my uncle's job of being the manager and doing every thing. He makes $1000 a week and mostly sits around watching youtube videos.

I may become an english professor though, that's what I'm really passionate about.