Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Guitar (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   lod (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573519)

The Black Fist 04-22-2009 08:33 PM

lod

We're going to need weapons, food, and a place to take refuge and prepare for the siege.

Topics to be discussed;
- Guns vs. Melee weapons, guns require ammo which could be considered wasted space, melee weapons though are obviously only suitable in close combat and well if you're in close combat with a zombie you're probably in close combat with 20 zombies and they're hungry and a blow to the head with a 2x4 won't taste like brains to them

- We could shelter up in a big castle or something and defend it to the tits, or we could find a bunker somewhere and wait for the zombies to decompose. bunkers could also come in handy for later apocalypses.

- food; McDick's or Burger King? personally I think we need some royal support on this one and the King's got our backs

also sup lod

Used666 04-22-2009 08:58 PM

In.

motogrifo 04-22-2009 09:04 PM

hell yeah baby

oary77 04-22-2009 10:08 PM

I vote for fully automatic weapons as I am lazy and would rather sit in a lawn chair shootin back a few coldies and mowin down zombies as opposed to gettin out there and mixin it up with em.

JoshIsNumber3 04-22-2009 10:14 PM

I suggest that if you're going for firearms, the higher quality old firearms of War World II are a much better decision than anything new. Weapons then had fewer moving parts, decreasing the number of parts that had to be cleaned and had the possibility of breaking. I'll use an M1 Garand with a close combat weapon of some sort.

Bludgeoning weapons are made to endure sustained impacts, unlike cutting or slicing weapons. I'll probably use a modified workman's crowbar with a blade on the end, properly weighted for two handed use.

We can also take my zeppelin for transportation and housing.

Zed_Leppelin 04-23-2009 02:15 AM

what we should really be worried about is the jews

comptonassrobert 04-23-2009 02:30 AM

Bar, definitely in a bar.

Squirrel 04-23-2009 03:05 AM

I'd be happy with a fire-axe or pick-axe as far as melee goes, with a few short bladed knives littered over my body as a last resort if I ever get pinned, cornered etc.

Firearms i'd take a pair of handguns (easy to carry a belt full of clips), some variety of auto shotgun on my back for close encounterers, with my main weapon being some large magazine rifle capable of 3 round burst fire and semi auto. Maybe an M4, so i could have an underslung shotgun for backup.

I'd have a shoulder holster with a sawn off shotgun over my other shoulder as the last line of defense against anything big. Not many things could get up after a point blank shot from that.

I'd probably devise some kind of lightweight armour too, something to stop bites to the neck, upper arms etc. Nothing too elaborate but it might just be the clincher.

reccaoconnor 04-23-2009 06:01 AM

http://www.thinkgeek.com/books/humor/7838/

then we should all be good to go. except...
[QUOTE=Zed_Leppelin;17198235]what we should really be worried about is the jews[/QUOTE]
living jews or zombie jews?

i hear zombie jews feed on money, [I]not[/I] on the living. we don't need to worry about them. it's the [I]living[/I] ones i'm worried about.

jaklyons 04-23-2009 07:06 AM

Don't living Jews feed off money as well? :confused:

The Black Fist 04-23-2009 08:34 AM

squiq I admire your enthusiasm and that you're taking the zombie apocalypse seriously but I think you're overburdening yourself with firearms. could easily get away with the sawed off and two pistols, all you need is two different kinds of ammo that you could then stock the hell out of

I like Josh's Garand idea, Garand is a solid gun accurate enough to hit a zombie in the head from down the street

on that note I would definitely pack a sniper rifle and just find some high ground they couldn't reach and peg them off as they come. pack a lunchbox and an ipod with a lot of heavy metal and I'm set for the long haul

Doog 04-23-2009 10:07 AM

You guys forgot the most important part of the plan: flamethrowers. Zombies don't stand a chance against the fire.

purple_hazer 04-23-2009 10:45 AM

for close quarters i'd just lead core a baseball bat and have a detatchable knife handle just in case. and as for guns (unrealistically) i would want robocops gun, that s[COLOR="Black"]h[/COLOR]it is killer (realistically) i would mount a couple 50 cals on top of the bunker for whoever to use but i would carry around an AK and two .357 magnums with a backpack full of ammo (doom style) as well as carrying brass knuckles for when i get blood drunk and want to annihilate

but we should probably just blast blotted science through a loud speaker for everyone, and i would suggest a 'retired' missile silo with a sea port and sub just for when the nukes start flyin.

EDIT: banana clips, banana clips

thickasabrick 04-23-2009 11:48 AM

Are these nazi zombies?

jaklyons 04-23-2009 11:54 AM

Zombie costume, machinegun mounted on a flamethrower, beer, beer, and beer.

All you need.

JoshIsNumber3 04-23-2009 12:12 PM

[QUOTE=Doog;17198606]You guys forgot the most important part of the plan: flamethrowers. Zombies don't stand a chance against the fire.[/QUOTE]

People die from fires because of deep tissue burning, massive infection, or inhalation of smoke. Already dead organisms such as zombies who survive on pure hindbrain functioning are not affected by such things.

MBS 04-23-2009 12:16 PM

if a zombie apocalypse were to occur, i've always imagined heading to my nearest costco with a couple rifles and holding out. they're made of stone, don't have windows and giant steel doors. no zombie is getting in that mother****er.

Blue_Moon 04-23-2009 12:16 PM

burn

thickasabrick 04-23-2009 12:20 PM

I hate to break in on the fantasy world here...

Anyone see Colbert Report last night?

I loved when he mentioned "liberal history books" then stopped and was like "I realize I'm being triple redundant when I say that."

Hilarious.

Zed_Leppelin 04-23-2009 12:29 PM

[IMG]http://wa2.images.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/cferris/teamwork-small.jpg[/IMG]

MBS 04-23-2009 12:32 PM

black man looks like an older louis from l4d

Zed_Leppelin 04-23-2009 12:44 PM

its an ad for the new dead rising I think thats what they were going for.

also l4d is a great zomb apoc training game.

Kuffuffled 04-23-2009 12:52 PM

Laser pointers man, if those ****ers can't see they're screwed

They're too dumb to use any other senses, for attack anyway

purple_hazer 04-23-2009 01:35 PM

[QUOTE=JoshIsNumber3;17198769]People die from fires because of deep tissue burning, massive infection, or inhalation of smoke. Already dead organisms such as zombies who survive on pure hindbrain functioning are not affected by such things.[/QUOTE]

im sure the destruction of their tissue will, although still 'alive', render them motionless and useless

jaklyons 04-23-2009 02:17 PM

[QUOTE=JoshIsNumber3;17198769]People die from fires because of deep tissue burning, massive infection, or inhalation of smoke. Already dead organisms such as zombies who survive on pure hindbrain functioning are not affected by such things.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but flaming zombies are awesome.

The Black Fist 04-23-2009 07:44 PM

The flamethrower would be good for a second wave, mostly to incinerate the bodies of fallen zombies to ensure that they don't get back up. unadviseable as a main weapon though as they don't actually pack any force so the zombies are just going to walk through it and eat your brains with their flaming skull

I'm going to convert the rotors of a helicopter and make a spinning weapon out of it, as soon as any of them get within four feet of me they go slice slice slice off with their head

NMBlack 04-23-2009 07:47 PM

i would just pack a sword. i've always wanted to **** **** up with a sword, what better target than marauding zombies?

JoshIsNumber3 04-23-2009 09:40 PM

Like one or two zombies.

I'm going to take a Sherman tank and attach a rotary bland around the outside of it. It'll be about 5 feet high so that I can just drive through hordes of zombies and ruin anything that I get close to. Also, I'll become a genius and create a gun remotely shoots only the head of zombies and instantly kills them. Josh wins.

NMBlack 04-23-2009 10:18 PM

sword>

Morumbar 04-24-2009 03:51 AM

I vote melee weapons (broadswords and axes).
Also, no castle. We should live on top of an extremely high, cold and grim mountain.