Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Punk (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The Official Clash & Joe Strummer Thread (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304613)

SlappedByTheClash 02-20-2005 02:09 PM

[QUOTE=CDR_Cool]Stummer didn't die, I'm actually him in disguise
excellent profile[/QUOTE]

Propaganda and lies!

Coma_Girl 02-20-2005 02:14 PM

oh well...i guess it's the english way to say it then.

SlappedByTheClash 02-20-2005 02:17 PM

Blasphemy.

Yours looked cooler though.

guns_of_brixton 02-20-2005 08:02 PM

Joe directed a silent movie called Hell West 10, if you waqnt to add that.

SlappedByTheClash 02-20-2005 08:05 PM

He was in a couple of movies, I probably should include those.

Droogs_Dont_Run 02-20-2005 08:10 PM

A mate of mine went to see Joe at the uni near mine just a couple of weeks before he died, when i heard the news he was dead it was the first time i cried over the death of a "celebrity" for want of a better word.

guns_of_brixton 02-20-2005 08:49 PM

[QUOTE=Coma_Girl]i think it was bernie that was always saying something like "i gotta have complete control"...so without bernie, the song complete control wouldn't be exactly the same.

and rock the casbah.

now the king told the boogie men
you have to let that raga drop

inspired by bernie.well, i read that somewhere.[/QUOTE]

You've seen Westway to the World, right?

Coma_Girl 02-20-2005 09:00 PM

[QUOTE=guns_of_brixton]You've seen Westway to the World, right?[/QUOTE]
at least 80 times since I bought the dvd.when i'm bored i listen to it, it cheers me up.i love westway to the world... :D

CombatRock 02-20-2005 09:13 PM

west way to the world is great..its werid to see them all old and stuff, specially mick. hes old and fat and bald....is there any other clash dvds besides westway to the world and essential clash

guns_of_brixton 02-20-2005 09:17 PM

[QUOTE=Coma_Girl]at least 80 times since I bought the dvd.when i'm bored i listen to it, it cheers me up.i love westway to the world... :D[/QUOTE]

yea, best dvd I've ever bought.

Coma_Girl 02-20-2005 09:19 PM

when you watch westway to the world, the coolest part is the look in their eyes.you can see the moments they regrets and the moments that are good memories to them when they talk about it.

guns_of_brixton 02-20-2005 09:19 PM

[QUOTE=combatrock*bass]west way to the world is great..its werid to see them all old and stuff, specially mick. hes old and fat and bald....is there any other clash dvds besides westway to the world and essential clash[/QUOTE]

I think those are the only two, unless there are some European bootlegs out there. Yeah, Mick's teeth are all messed up and Topper looks like they took him straight out of rehab.

EDIT: I forgot about the dvd that came with the legacy edition of London Calling.

SlappedByTheClash 02-20-2005 09:20 PM

Topper's plain ugly.

guns_of_brixton 02-20-2005 09:21 PM

[QUOTE=Coma_Girl]when you watch westway to the world, the coolest part is the look in their eyes.you can see the moments they regrets and the moments that are good memories to them when they talk about it.[/QUOTE]

Yea, its kinda sad at the end when Paul is talking about him and Mick hating eachother and Joe being the medeator.

guns_of_brixton 02-20-2005 09:22 PM

[QUOTE=SlappedByTheClash]Topper's plain ugly.[/QUOTE]

Not even a mother could love that face.

Coma_Girl 02-20-2005 09:26 PM

I think it's kinda sad for topper though...he must have a lot of regrets and it must be hard to live with it.
is he still on drugs or is he doing better now?

EDIT: plus he looks like a little rat.

guns_of_brixton 02-20-2005 09:28 PM

I'm don't think he's still on heroin, but it probably messed him up for life.

SlappedByTheClash 02-20-2005 09:30 PM

Heroin messes up everyone, he's lucky he hasn't died yet.

It sucks that Joe never did anything more than smoke or drink a little, and he died first.

Coma_Girl 02-20-2005 09:30 PM

regrets will kill him before heroin

Coma_Girl 02-20-2005 09:32 PM

[QUOTE=SlappedByTheClash]Heroin messes up everyone, he's lucky he hasn't died yet.

It sucks that Joe never did anything more than smoke or drink a little, and he died first.[/QUOTE]
doctors said he could have died a lot younger, so i guess we should say :it's cool he lived that long and wrote so much great music for us to listen to.

SlappedByTheClash 02-20-2005 09:32 PM

Topper>Gay A'ss Tory Crimes.

I hope Topper lives a while longer.

closet_punk 02-20-2005 09:33 PM

Johnny didn't drink a lot either

or do drugs

guns_of_brixton 02-20-2005 09:34 PM

[QUOTE=closet_punk]Johnny didn't drink a lot either

or do drugs[/QUOTE]

Johnny? The kid from the Outsiders?

Coma_Girl 02-20-2005 09:35 PM

i hat ethe part in westway to the world where theres and interview with terry chimes.this guy sucks...it's funny when joe try to be nice and say "i guess he was a bit afraid by our...leftish, stalinist attitude...he just wanted to buy a lamborghini" or whatever.

CombatRock 02-20-2005 09:35 PM

[QUOTE=guns_of_brixton]Yea, its kinda sad at the end when Paul is talking about him and Mick hating eachother and Joe being the medeator.[/QUOTE]

yea, i got really sad at the end of that movie when paul was talking about that...its such a sad thing, does anyone know now if there friends or anythign of that nature

Coma_Girl 02-20-2005 09:35 PM

[QUOTE=guns_of_brixton]Johnny? The kid from the Outsiders?[/QUOTE]
from the ramones?

SlappedByTheClash 02-20-2005 09:37 PM

[QUOTE=Coma_Girl]from the ramones?[/QUOTE]

From the hood?

Coma_Girl 02-20-2005 09:37 PM

[QUOTE=combatrock*bass]yea, i got really sad at the end of that movie when paul was talking about that...its such a sad thing, does anyone know now if there friends or anythign of that nature[/QUOTE]
i saw them together a couple of times for tv and magazines.i know joe and mick were friends again just before joe died...when i listen to streetcore sometimes, it feels like joe knew he would die soon...it breaks my heart each time

guns_of_brixton 02-20-2005 09:38 PM

[QUOTE=SlappedByTheClash]Topper>Gay A'ss Tory Crimes.

I hope Topper lives a while longer.[/QUOTE]

Tory Chimes can suck an elephant's a'ss. Every time I see him in the live performance of Should I Stay or Should I Go on the Essential Clash dvd I want to chuck the remote at him. Plus, he destroyed the Beatles.

SlappedByTheClash 02-20-2005 09:39 PM

He also destroyed lamborghinis, from what I've heard.