Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Punk (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The Official Clash & Joe Strummer Thread (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304613)

Coma_Girl 02-19-2005 11:17 PM

when people that have contributed to the music as much as joe or johnny or joey die, it's hard to believe.in my head, they were immortals

CombatRock 02-19-2005 11:21 PM

great job man..joe is my hero..you my friend get rep

Brain Toad 02-19-2005 11:23 PM

Good profile. I didn't really know much about him when he died, so I didn't have much of a reaction. Same when Joey and Dee Dee died, I had no idea who they were. But when Johnny died I was hit pretty hard.

honkybrewster 02-19-2005 11:27 PM

[QUOTE=SlappedByTheClash]Geezer.;)[/QUOTE]
All these winks and eyebrow things are gonna turn shizzy gay.

Nice job on the profile.

Coma_Girl 02-19-2005 11:35 PM

[QUOTE=Brain Squirmin' Like a Toad]Good profile. I didn't really know much about him when he died, so I didn't have much of a reaction. Same when Joey and Dee Dee died, I had no idea who they were. But when Johnny died I was hit pretty hard.[/QUOTE]
for some reason, it reminds me of how i was talking about Joe with my english teacher, and he told me he was glad that his 8 years old son was into the clash, cause Joe is a good influence.It's crazy to see how a band can have an impact on 3 generations, and probably more.My dad used to hate Joe, but then, i forced him to listen to the mescaleros, and he loved that.Woah...it's really awesome, and I don't even knwo why i'm typing that right now.When I talk about the clash, I just go out of control. :upset:

honkybrewster 02-19-2005 11:56 PM

It's because the Clash is awesome. It's understandable.

Coma_Girl 02-20-2005 12:00 AM

[QUOTE=honkybrewster]It's because the Clash is awesome. It's understandable.[/QUOTE]
:p they are.

CombatRock 02-20-2005 12:06 AM

yea the clashes/joes imput is so strong...it changed me so much, on how i view things

i just read this what i just typed, and relized that imput isnt a word...i meant to say impact

honkybrewster 02-20-2005 12:08 AM

There's a pretty nice edit option for that. :thumb:

Coma_Girl 02-20-2005 12:12 AM

[QUOTE=combatrock*bass]yea the clashes/joes imput is so strong...it changed me so much, on how i view things

i just read this what i just typed, and relized that imput isnt a word...i meant to say impact[/QUOTE]
me too...and i don't even know exactly why.i guess it's not one song or one album, but just their whole attitude and political views and the way they had to always fight for something.okay, now i should shut up and go to sleep for real.

CombatRock 02-20-2005 12:18 AM

yea there message changed me so much, i use to be like a up tight conservative when i started listing to them, and there music and message just opend me up

Coma_Girl 02-20-2005 12:21 AM

[QUOTE=combatrock*bass]yea there message changed me so much, i use to be like a up tight conservative when i started listing to them, and there music and message just opend me up[/QUOTE]
yeah, i used to like only few music genres, now i listen to almost everything.i guess it's what they wanted, make people discover new stuff.just listen to the mescaleros...it's so different.

Pirate Satellite 02-20-2005 12:44 AM

Awesome job. Joe Strummer's gonna live forever.

One minor detail, I think you left 'Streetcore' out of the discography, and it's pretty important. No fuss, though. Nice work.

CombatRock 02-20-2005 12:45 AM

[QUOTE=Coma_Girl]yeah, i used to like only few music genres, now i listen to almost everything.i guess it's what they wanted, make people discover new stuff.just listen to the mescaleros...it's so different.[/QUOTE]
yea the mescaleros are preet awesome, i have some of there songs downloaded, i love joes version of redemption song, its the most beautiful thing i have ever heard

honkybrewster 02-20-2005 12:50 AM

[QUOTE=combatrock*bass]yea the mescaleros are preet awesome, i have some of there songs downloaded, i love joes version of redemption song, its the most beautiful thing i have ever heard[/QUOTE]
I saw the video for that one time on Vh1 Classic... It was pretty cool stuff.

Coma_Girl 02-20-2005 01:01 AM

the redemption song video is the saddest video ever.i cry everytime i watch it.the johnny appleseed video is fun though.it makes me smile a lot.
i never saw the coma girl and the yalla yalla video cause the epitaph website sucks, but anyway.
3 videos there: [url]http://music.uk.launch.yahoo.com/ar-266220-videos--Joe-Strummer[/url]

Coma_Girl 02-20-2005 01:05 AM

[QUOTE=combatrock*bass]yea the mescaleros are preet awesome, i have some of there songs downloaded, i love joes version of redemption song, its the most beautiful thing i have ever heard[/QUOTE]
you should buy the cds
i bought all 3 of them, and even if they were kinda expensive, i don't regret at all.they're all good in their own way.and different from each other.

theramed toothpaste 02-20-2005 06:06 AM

good job for a great guy

albert_bass 02-20-2005 06:14 AM

Good job, I was expecting a larger profile though.

guns_of_brixton 02-20-2005 10:09 AM

Good job, I just wish you didn't beat me to it.

SantaDuJuan 02-20-2005 10:23 AM

I liked it.

dropkickstreetpunk 02-20-2005 10:29 AM

that is an awesome profile. rep +. great job

sketchyjoe 02-20-2005 11:04 AM

[QUOTE=SlappedByTheClash]They were Bernie's doing.

What a f'uckin idiot.
[/QUOTE]
Paul SImonon came up with the "The Clash"

SlappedByTheClash 02-20-2005 11:27 AM

Yeah, I just like ragging on Bernie.

He made up the worst stuff for those guys to do.

And I didn't realize I left out Streetcore, I'll fix that right now.

AIRIC 02-20-2005 12:17 PM

nice d00d

Coma_Girl 02-20-2005 01:21 PM

[QUOTE=SlappedByTheClash]Yeah, I just like ragging on Bernie.

He made up the worst stuff for those guys to do.

And I didn't realize I left out Streetcore, I'll fix that right now.[/QUOTE]
but at the same time, without bernie it wouldn't have been the same.

SlappedByTheClash 02-20-2005 01:22 PM

Yeah, he got them off the ground, but he was all about image.

Coma_Girl 02-20-2005 01:44 PM

i think it was bernie that was always saying something like "i gotta have complete control"...so without bernie, the song complete control wouldn't be exactly the same.

and rock the casbah.

now the king told the boogie men
you have to let that raga drop

inspired by bernie.well, i read that somewhere.

CDR_Cool 02-20-2005 01:58 PM

Stummer didn't die, I'm actually him in disguise
excellent profile

Coma_Girl 02-20-2005 02:09 PM

blasphème!

i dont know how to say that in english...but hmm...i'm sure you understand