Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Punk (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The Official Clash & Joe Strummer Thread (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304613)

Liebensaft 03-17-2007 07:39 PM

[QUOTE=Skrunnch;14382063]Okay man great. Problem is some c[COLOR="White"]o[/COLOR]ck sucker has said that on every single page of this thread all ready.[/QUOTE]

Srsly. It looks like it's out of a magazine or something too.

I virtually never listen to this band. I've never been crazy about them.

AIRIC 03-18-2007 09:25 AM

Yeah I've never liked them. Definintely in my top 5 most overrated bands.

Flagjacket 03-18-2007 09:46 AM

I used to like them cause all punk were supposed to in 8th Grade but now I don't like them at all.

Henrik 03-18-2007 11:50 AM

I think they are very good, but I can definitely see why people would think they're overrated. I often listen to London Calling when I'm with friends who don't usually like punk. It's a very easy album to get into and many people like it.

fastcar_183 03-19-2007 05:01 AM

Ahh excuse me!

[QUOTE=Coma_Girl;6721347]:p they are.[/QUOTE]

"Goma_gilr" Hi Gud Day! im just looking for joe strummer forum and impressively i found this forum wow what a nice forum... if you dont mind im one of the million fan of joe strummer... since the time that i familiar with joe strummer i love collecting here music and DVD... and for now i have some info of joe strummer, its here d0cumentary film that made by his closest friend Julien Temple.(THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN) It features contributions from Bono, Martin Scorsese, Johnny Depp and John Cusack. The film features footage of his early life as well as rare clips of the band. The film features footage of his early life as well as rare clips of the band from the 101ers, The Clash to The Mescaleros... i know your interested this info just check in IMDB site for more info... additional for this It will show'n on 18th of MAY 2007. see all there guy's!!!

Ghostfire3 03-19-2007 07:32 PM

[QUOTE=fastcar_183;14396238]"Goma_gilr" Hi Gud Day! im just looking for joe strummer forum and impressively i found this forum wow what a nice forum... if you dont mind im one of the million fan of joe strummer... since the time that i familiar with joe strummer i love collecting here music and DVD... and for now i have some info of joe strummer, its here d0cumentary film that made by his closest friend Julien Temple.(THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN) It features contributions from Bono, Martin Scorsese, Johnny Depp and John Cusack. The film features footage of his early life as well as rare clips of the band. The film features footage of his early life as well as rare clips of the band from the 101ers, The Clash to The Mescaleros... i know your interested this info just check in IMDB site for more info... additional for this It will show'n on 18th of MAY 2007. see all there guy's!!![/QUOTE]

Oh boy! I can't wait to hear what Bono, Johnny Depp, and John Cusack have to say about Joe Strummer!!!

Flagjacket 03-19-2007 07:40 PM

Yeah famous people talking about OUR music is ALWAYS bad!!!!

Ghostfire3 03-19-2007 07:47 PM

[QUOTE=Flagjacket;14399288]Yeah famous people talking about OUR music is ALWAYS bad!!!![/QUOTE]

Lol, no silly. I just doubt they'll really have anything insightful to say.

Flagjacket 03-19-2007 07:53 PM

Well they're all older than you and me and were actually around when the Clash were around so I'm pretty sure they would. I dunno I could care less.

Two-Headed Boy 03-21-2007 02:57 PM

I've been digging Sandinita! alot lately. Up in Heaven and Somebody Got Murdered are classics. Also, Career Oppertunities is cute.

Henrik 03-21-2007 04:34 PM

Career Opportunities is from s/t originally.

tom79 03-21-2007 06:55 PM

Yes I think he knows. The kids version of it on Sandinista was awful/hilarious.

Ghostfire3 03-21-2007 06:57 PM

It was very bizarre.

The Zimmerman Note 03-30-2007 09:26 PM

[QUOTE=Buzzbomb;14281329]And burn it...

Mr. Hot shot moderator has the Redemption Song version with Johnny Cash. Everyone ask him for it.[/QUOTE]

Thats a great collaboration right there. I love the way Joe's voice sounds on that recording though I still like his Clash voice better.

Killamanjaro86 01-10-2011 06:44 AM

After reading most of this thread from beginning to end, i'm so happy to be around so many fans of such a great person/ band. I am in the middle of updating a blog post of mine on Joe, the Clash and their effect on me as a born londoner, i will post it up here as soon as its ready.

One love to you all and may Joe's legend live forever!!!

Killamanjaro86 01-10-2011 07:15 AM

Please let me know your thoughts and if you get to the bottom, let me know your stories so i can include them in my blog!! thank you.

www.emceekilla.blogspot.com

CombatRock 01-21-2011 07:03 PM

God, I have not posted here in over three years regularly and this thread is still going strong.

Long live The Clash.

Against All Authority 02-07-2011 12:48 PM

its a tribute the white man in hammersmith palais

pino 01-25-2013 04:08 PM

I hope this thread is not completely dead...

I'm researching about the former band of Joe Strummer, the 101ers and I'd like to get the lyrics of the song Boys Motor Boys but I couldn't find them online (I've spent a lot of time researching online).

Could someone help me with this please? I can't transcribe it because English is not my native language and Joe's accent is quite strong for me.

Thanks in advance!