Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Punk (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The Official Clash & Joe Strummer Thread (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304613)

Coma_Girl 02-21-2005 08:40 PM

joe loved south park and the simpson...he was awesome.
he wrote a song for the chef aid episode he was in...i've never seen it though.
and i plan on going to rebel's wood when i'll have enough money...am i the only one? :wave:

CombatRock 02-21-2005 08:45 PM

whats rebels wood

guns_of_brixton 02-21-2005 08:45 PM

yea, i havent heard of it either

Coma_Girl 02-21-2005 08:47 PM

the forest in memory of joe.it's by the organism future forest...i have a really cool link about paul going there and it made me cry like a little girl.i cant help but cry everytime i read it.

[url]http://www.sundayherald.com/38638[/url]

SlappedByTheClash 02-21-2005 08:48 PM

Rebel's wood was a forest Joe got named after him.

We've surpased the Ska E/D thread.

CombatRock 02-21-2005 08:48 PM

awesome, if you go i will go with you

Coma_Girl 02-21-2005 08:49 PM

[QUOTE=guns_of_brixton]yea, i havent heard of it either[/QUOTE]
tssss and you guys say you're real fans? :rolleyes:

Coma_Girl 02-21-2005 08:50 PM

[QUOTE=SlappedByTheClash]Rebel's wood was a forest Joe got named after him.

We've surpased the Ska E/D thread.[/QUOTE]
you should try to change the title of the thread so more people would come and talk about the clash!

SlappedByTheClash 02-21-2005 08:51 PM

I've tried, it won't do it.

guns_of_brixton 02-21-2005 08:58 PM

awesome article

CombatRock 02-21-2005 08:59 PM

hey yall brb in like 15 mins gtg , jog get my *** in shape

Coma_Girl 02-21-2005 09:00 PM

[I]Strummer planned to visit the cottage himself, but never made it. When the trip to Scotland presented itself, Simonon told me, he knew he had to go to the house for Joe; in a sense, with him[/I]

that's where i start crying

[I]When did you last speak to Joe?

“He phoned,” he says, then stops. Then starts. “The night before he died. He was trying to send a fax. It wouldn’t go through. So he phoned to say, ‘Happy Christmas, I’m trying to send this fax.’ I got the fax later. The discussion was ‘Well, are we gonna play the Hall of Fame or are we not?’”[/I]

it made me smile throught my tears "Happy christmas, i'm trying to send this fax!"...so Joe...awwwwwwww

guns_of_brixton 02-21-2005 09:05 PM

When I read about Joe always forgetting the words, I instantly thought about the live London Calling on the essential clash dvd; "London calling, to the boys and girls come outta the cupboards, underwooorld."

The part about the fax was kinda cool, cause it was like meant to be so the fax wouldnt work and Joe and Paul would talk for one last time.

Coma_Girl 02-21-2005 09:10 PM

stop it, i got chills

guns_of_brixton 02-21-2005 09:12 PM

yea, its really kind of eerie.

Coma_Girl 02-21-2005 09:18 PM

but so cute.aww...it means he talked to paul just before he died.joe and mick forgot about their past fights at the last mescaleros show...i'm sure joe really rest in peace.i know it.plus his last show was for some cause i forgot.

straight to heaven.

guns_of_brixton 02-21-2005 09:19 PM

I think one of his last show was a tribute to Joey Ramone, who had just died.

Coma_Girl 02-21-2005 09:21 PM

i think his last was for firefighters...and i think theres a bootleg or a dvd called the last night london burned.
joe was really awesome

(i swear i said "he was really awesome at least 50 times in this thread.i deserve a throphy or something!)

guns_of_brixton 02-21-2005 09:26 PM

[QUOTE=Coma_Girl]i think his last was for firefighters...and i think theres a bootleg or a dvd called the last night london burned.
joe was really awesome

(i swear i said "he was really awesome at least 50 times in this thread.i deserve a throphy or something!)[/QUOTE]

joe was the greatest.
:thumb: <---- thats the closest thing to a trophy that i can find :)

CombatRock 02-21-2005 09:45 PM

noone has said anything in 20 mins

whats your best memoray of joe strummer

mines him hitting a fan over the head with his telecaster

guns_of_brixton 02-21-2005 09:49 PM

Tough one, and kinda hard to think of, but... I'd say the moment (whenever it was) that Joe wrote Death or Glory. Such an amazing song.

Coma_Girl 02-21-2005 09:50 PM

i guess mine is in westway to the world when he talks about the nothing hill riot...this whole moment but my favorite part is when he says :"and there was this fat women screaming 'OMG they're gonna set the car on fire'..blah blah blah" just so funny.you can see in his eyes that it's a good memorie for him.

i cant think of anything else right now.

CombatRock 02-21-2005 09:53 PM

aaaaah yes i love that part, i think its funny how he says it..and i like it when he did a black person impression on W.T.W. about when they were in kingston and they almost got shot

guns_of_brixton 02-21-2005 09:54 PM

Or it Westway when Paul and Joe (actually, I'm not sure if Joe was involved) were shooting pigeons with a pellet gun, and lots of cops showed up, which inspired Guns on the Roof.

CombatRock 02-21-2005 09:57 PM

ooh yea, that was paul and topper wasnt it

gtg guys

daily show is comming on

and i have a final exam thing for school tomrrow...dont wanna waste and education..later you clashophiles

Coma_Girl 02-21-2005 09:57 PM

"oh piss off ya stupid cunt! you think this is 1976 and you're talking to the ****ing sex pistols?...piss off or i'll piss all over.....if he feels like throwing up its because his stomache hurts, i don't need your ****ing jokes to contend with.......how a bout life and death never mind who pukes on stinking carpets.....we are not teeny-bopping puke group...go read your teeny bop puke magazines"
-Joe Strummer

hahaha...Joe to some ******* reporter who thought it would be funny to poke fun at Topper's drunkeness at an interview....i feel sorry for anyone who hasn't seen this as it truly shows the type of man that Joe was/is.......he may have come off like a dick to some but he truly stood up and defended the man that was close to him (Topper).....Topper looks so defenceless, and Joe gave it his best to make him feel comfortable again......not only that but when Paul leans over to stare at the reporter as if to say, i've got his back really shows the companionship of the band, and the unity that stood between them....

(a post someone did in another forum, and a quote from Joe I really love...i can't agree more with the one who posted that)

guns_of_brixton 02-21-2005 10:02 PM

whoever said that deserves some rep.

Coma_Girl 02-21-2005 10:02 PM

ohhh and its not about joe but i love the part in westway when they dance on a rooftop.:lol:

CombatRock 02-21-2005 10:03 PM

nvm im not going the daily show is a rerun

Coma_Girl 02-21-2005 10:06 PM

[QUOTE=guns_of_brixton]whoever said that deserves some rep.[/QUOTE]
unfortunatly, it's not me...and i found that somewhere on internet, i have no idea who the **** it is.but it's so true.and beautiful.