Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archives (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Sonic Youth vs. Nirvana vs. Pixies (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286655)

SlasHfan2045 01-10-2005 11:43 AM

[QUOTE=IhateUsernames]Nirvana = suckage.
Sonic Youth = Not bad, but highly over rated.
The Pixies = Ok, also highly over rated.

As you can see, I'm not a big fan of any of those bands.[/QUOTE]
hey jackass u can go suck a dick NIRVANA is one of the greatest bands in rock'n'roll history as well as sonic youth **** you **** you **** you **** you.and anyone else who wants to clown on nirvana dave kurt krist foo fighters sweet 75 eyes adrift or sonic youth

nrvn55 01-10-2005 12:02 PM

[QUOTE=SlasHfan2045]hey jackass u can go suck a dick NIRVANA is one of the greatest bands in rock'n'roll history as well as sonic youth **** you **** you **** you **** you.and anyone else who wants to clown on nirvana dave kurt krist foo fighters sweet 75 eyes adrift or sonic youth[/QUOTE]

USE COMMAS.

any way. I like all three bands, but the pixies are always number 1...plus...i love kim (deal) far too much not to vote for them.

SlasHfan2045 01-10-2005 12:10 PM

[QUOTE=nrvn55]USE COMMAS.

any way. I like all three bands, but the pixies are always number 1...plus...i love kim (deal) far too much not to vote for them.[/QUOTE]
well you just redeemed yourself and earned my respect at least you can admit to likeing NIRVANA

Zmev 01-10-2005 12:12 PM

Too bad you can't punctuate.

Wanker 01-10-2005 12:18 PM

/votes for sonic youth to spite nirvana

vemz 01-10-2005 12:20 PM

/votes sonic youth on other name

guitarded_chuck 01-10-2005 04:00 PM

[QUOTE=RIPJoeStrummer]Kim Deal>Kim Gordon[/QUOTE]
True.

dutchboy84 01-10-2005 05:41 PM

Pixies hands down.

sr800bkBassist 01-10-2005 05:47 PM

Sonic Youth > Pixies >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> other bands.

so i vote Sonic Youth.

The NPC 01-10-2005 10:34 PM

Way to break my Internets.

Tangy zizzle 01-11-2005 02:52 AM

I went with Nirvana.

Pixies are a great, great band but Nirvana are just a band that I've liked for so so long.

Sonic Youth are meh with me.

MIDIotic 01-11-2005 04:05 PM

Sonic youth is ok, they did release sonic nurse which is an alright album, They did piss me off when most of their music was just noise, If I wanted that, I would listen to merzbow. So strike off SY and replace with Dinosaur Jr, I would vote for them...

Nirvana is one of my favorites, I Think that kurt could have wrote better stuff with the guitar, but the lyrical aspect of their music is impressive, kurt did have a hard life, and to express it the way he did impresses me.

Pixies is my vote, because the music is fun, the lyrics are very good, and many times humorous (buy me a soda, try to rape me in the parking lot). And most bands can't beat songs like where is my mind and dig for fire...

And in reply to the grunge topic. I don't think the bands just played differently and said "i'll call this grunge". I think grunge is just a label that MTV and record labels called it. Now (and then) Grunge was just a fashion, an excuse to wear flannel

the kittens are attacking 01-11-2005 04:18 PM

i like nirvana and the sonic youth but the pixies are better