Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   History (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   My Solo Album...cd help (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356604)

ChickenMcFicken 06-24-2005 09:17 PM

No offense but the song you said was best bored me at about a minute or earlier. I don't want to know what the others are like. I see yer from Antioch. Compare 30k to the population of it. I don't know how big the Och is, but I bet you'd have to sell a CD to everyone there to sell 30k, maybe even some to Pitt too.

I know you said you have people outside of the US, but I was just using that for an idea of how many people would have to buy it

snorfledumpkins 06-24-2005 09:24 PM

I remember that "you made me cry again"from a previous thread, no offense, but if that's the favorite then do you really think you'll sell 30k?!

6stringslinger 06-24-2005 10:27 PM

what are you smoking?

where did you buy it?

how much did it cost?

actually i think this is a joke,

if you buy 30k, you will be "Crying again"

seriously, start small then buy a few at a time.........if you sell all 30k come back and flame me and everybody in this thread

ak3jw 06-24-2005 10:37 PM

d00d prove these doubters wrong and make 30,000 cds

if u dont sell them at least it will be a good story to tell when you're homeless and broke

ChickenMcFicken 06-24-2005 10:39 PM

Ok, I looked it up, the Och is 90k. Can you imagine just about every house owning one of your CDs? (taking into consideration that one household isn't going to own more than one of the Cds)

GuitarSlinger 06-24-2005 10:40 PM

hahaha chicken your username is hella funny

ChickenMcFicken 06-24-2005 10:43 PM

It took you 1k+ posts to notice me? I'm sad :(

GuitarSlinger 06-24-2005 10:45 PM

nah dude ive seen ya around

CannedSpaghetti 06-24-2005 10:47 PM

I love this thread.

GuitarSlinger 06-24-2005 10:48 PM

seriously, how is a person that isnt signed by a record company going to sell 30k cds?

ChickenMcFicken 06-24-2005 10:48 PM

[QUOTE=GuitarSlinger]nah dude ive seen ya around[/QUOTE]
Yeah I know, I was just messing around. I wanted to do something in this room and can't remember so I'm sitting here until I remember.

GuitarSlinger 06-24-2005 10:53 PM

[QUOTE=ChickenMcFicken]Yeah I know, I was just messing around. I wanted to do something in this room and can't remember so I'm sitting here until I remember.[/QUOTE]
:lol: i hate forgetting stuff cuz its like [COLOR=White]F[/COLOR]UCK I KNEW WHAT I WAS GONNA DO NOW I DONT HOW THE [COLOR=White]F[/COLOR]UCK DOES THIS [COLOR=White]S[/COLOR]HIT HAPPEN?

ChickenMcFicken 06-24-2005 10:56 PM

[QUOTE=GuitarSlinger]:lol: i hate forgetting stuff cuz its like [COLOR=White]F[/COLOR]UCK I KNEW WHAT I WAS GONNA DO NOW I DONT HOW THE [COLOR=White]F[/COLOR]UCK DOES THIS [COLOR=White]S[/COLOR]HIT HAPPEN?[/QUOTE]
123 to that brova

apromisingyear 06-24-2005 11:26 PM

[QUOTE=6stringslinger]if you sell all 30k come back and flame me and everybody in this thread[/QUOTE]

I WILL sell that many and i'll be sure to come back and flame you all...haha

Actually, I don't think I would. I'd come back and let you all know I did but I wouldnt go and throw it all in your faces...but i'll let you guys know how it goes.

Music.is.Life 06-24-2005 11:26 PM

APY, you are stupid.

God, idiots make me so mad!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I'm having trouble trying put my thougts into words, you are just so AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Okay, if you can't get intrest in a forum filled with GUITARISTS for a GUITAR solo album, there's no way you can EVER sell 30,000 copies. Solo guitarists like Vai have probably never sold much more than that, and you are a piece of crap compared to them. Many bands never sell that much. Even if you were GOOD there would be a very slim chance for you to sell that many, there is just such a small market for this type of music. I've heard your stuff, and to be honest, its not good. I'm sorry but that's the way it is. I seriously dought there is any intrest WHAT SO EVER about your "album" in the countries you listed, actually I'm going to say it's IMPOSSIBLE. I dought that 10 to 20 people will want to work on your crappy cd for 8 hours a day, unless you pay them and they have no job/life.

There are some people on here that could do some solo albums, but not you.

I REALLY CAN'T PUT MY THOUGHTS INTO WORDS, YOU ARE JUST SO STUPID.

You are stupid.

apromisingyear 06-24-2005 11:29 PM

[QUOTE=Master_of_Puppets86]APY, you are stupid.

God, idiots make me so mad!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I'm having trouble trying put my thougts into words, you are just so AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Okay, if you can't get intrest in a forum filled with GUITARISTS for a GUITAR solo album, there's no way you can EVER sell 30,000 copies. Solo guitarist's like Vai have probably never sold much more than that, and you are a piece of crap compared to them. Many bands never sell that much. I've heard your stuff, and to be honest, its not good. I'm sorry but that's the way it is. I seriously dought there is any intrest WHAT SO EVER about your "album" in the countries you listed, actually I'm going to say it's IMPOSSIBLE. I dought that 10 to 20 people will want to work on your crappy cd for 8 hours a day, unless you pay them and they have no job/life.

There are some people on here that could do some solo albums, but not you.

I REALLY CAN'T PUT MY THOUGHTS INTO WORDS, YOU ARE JUST SO STUPID.

You are stupid.[/QUOTE]

I'll be honest here, I dont give a **** what vai and other solo guitarists have done. I dont care if they only sold 50 albums. I dont care if they sold 1,000,000 albums. It makes no difference to me. Dont compare me to them. I am my own perosn. Vai is Vai, Satch is Satch, and I am I. Period.

GuitarSlinger 06-24-2005 11:33 PM

[QUOTE=apromisingyear]I'll be honest here, I dont give a **** what vai and other solo guitarists have done. I dont care if they only sold 50 albums. I dont care if they sold 1,000,000 albums. It makes no difference to me. Dont compare me to them. I am my own perosn. Vai is Vai, Satch is Satch, and I am I. Period.[/QUOTE]
but you forgot 1 thing, they make music thats interesting

the21st_fret 06-24-2005 11:34 PM

I would reccomend contacting a record lable and requesting they design an album cover, then burn them and ship them to you, all for one fee. They might do that, or they might love it and offer you a contract. lol. cool either way really. sign a one album contract, no loss to you if it fails, and if it is succesful, you made a pretty penny anyway and now your name is well known and you would have a better chance of success on an entrepreneural album release (having already fulfilled your one album contract.

ChickenMcFicken 06-24-2005 11:36 PM

I understand where you're going with that APY, but he was just trying to point out that some of the most respected, talented, and famous solo guitarists haven't sold that many, what are the chances you will?

No offence meant here, you're a lot better than me, but that's what he was saying, and I gotta argree with the man, its just not worth the money to produce all those CDs all at once.Do as Moaner says and do a little at a time seeing where yer market is, and expanding upon it.

apromisingyear 06-24-2005 11:38 PM

[QUOTE=GuitarSlinger]but you forgot 1 thing, they make music thats interesting[/QUOTE]

that is YOUR opinion. A statement like that cannot be considered fact. It's all in the eye of the beholder

GuitarSlinger 06-24-2005 11:39 PM

wernt you the guy that got like burnt in a guitar battle against like jonus or something awhile back?

Music.is.Life 06-24-2005 11:40 PM

[QUOTE=apromisingyear]I'll be honest here, I dont give a **** what vai and other solo guitarists have done. I dont care if they only sold 50 albums. I dont care if they sold 1,000,000 albums. It makes no difference to me. Dont compare me to them. I am my own perosn. Vai is Vai, Satch is Satch, and I am I. Period.[/QUOTE]

You should care what they've done, because that's the market you're trying to get into. They all own your soul as a writer/musician/guitarist, and to think that you're "album" is good enough to be in the same section of music stores as them is just ignorant. Yes you are your own person,. but that is beside the point.

the21st_fret 06-24-2005 11:41 PM

Actually......I just listended to your clip. That sounded like Sh1t!!!!! UUUggghhhh.... It pissed me off as soon as the synthed drum beat thing and the rapper-esque groove came in... Crappy guitar, crapilly written guitar parts, and boring/repetitive.

Nice synthesizer though! HARHARHARHARHARHARHARHAR!!!!!!

Music.is.Life 06-24-2005 11:42 PM

[QUOTE=GuitarSlinger]wernt you the guy that got like burnt in a guitar battle against like jonus or something awhile back?[/QUOTE]

Now Jonus on the other hand, could definately make a solo album one day.

GuitarSlinger 06-24-2005 11:45 PM

[QUOTE=Master_of_Puppets86]Now Jonus on the other hand, could definately make a solo album one day.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=White]f[/COLOR]uck yea he could

apromisingyear 06-25-2005 12:00 AM

[QUOTE=ChickenMcFicken]I understand where you're going with that APY, but he was just trying to point out that some of the most respected, talented, and famous solo guitarists haven't sold that many, what are the chances you will?[/QUOTE]

I have the "upper hand" so to speak. Satch and Vai (and the like) appeal (mainly) to guitarists only. I (for some odd unknown reason) appeal not only to the guitar crowd but the punk/indie/emo crowd as well. The emo/punk/indie scene has spawned and grown so big its kind of like their all carrying me into their scene on their backs. :)

That WILL (and no matter what you say) help with getting the name out. Only in the emo scene can you go from your garage to the mainstage of a huge gig in less than 6 months... so im not TOO worried.

GuitarSlinger 06-25-2005 12:01 AM

i would be worried if i were you, do you know how unlikly it is that you will sell say 500 cds?

SRTracer 06-25-2005 12:05 AM

[QUOTE=apromisingyear]heres a link to some tracks: [URL=http://myspace.com/aaef]Link[/URL]

I suggest "You Made Me Cry Again", it has become quite the favored track.
[/QUOTE]

It's not that you don't try hard, but your song made Me Cry Again after every time the little rap beat came in and restarted. This song is so sloppily put together, I just don't know how you plan to have interest in as well as sell 30,000 copies dude. You're a competent guitarist I suppose, but not even as good as the guitarist of Godsmack (not a dis against them or you) and they are millions of years from being a virtuoso in the likes of Satch or Vai or McLaughlin or anyone of any genre in instrumental rock. And take out that "you made me cry again. i think i love you" line. It takes away from the song. The guitar isn't all that bad, but the songs are like freaking MIDI. how are you going to sell 30,000 albums full of songs that are made with MIDI backing tracks and rap beats on Windows Sound Recorder in the Instrumental Solo Guitar genre. I'm sorry man, don't invest that much. Maybe 300- that's an awful lot. A good buddy of mine released a CD about 4 years ago and made 1000 copies and was well liked in my town and a few surrounding, and is STILL trying to GIVE away the copies for FREE. You're not bad man, I really don't think you are, but 30,000 copies is beyond unreasonable. Good luck in whatever you do though man.

the21st_fret 06-25-2005 12:05 AM

[QUOTE=apromisingyear]I have the "upper hand" so to speak. Satch and Vai (and the like) appeal (mainly) to guitarists only. I (for some odd unknown reason) appeal not only to the guitar crowd but the punk/indie/emo crowd as well. The emo/punk/indie scene has spawned and grown so big its kind of like their all carrying me into their scene on their backs. :)

That WILL (and no matter what you say) help with getting the name out. Only in the emo scene can you go from your garage to the mainstage of a huge gig in less than 6 months... so im not TOO worried.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm...... I'd say all that getting your name "out there" will do is make more people know how bad your music sucks. Do you wanna be the next band that everyone KNOWS, but no one LIKES?
.....*cough*WHITESTRIPES!!!!!......ahem*

Diatonic Dissonance™ 06-25-2005 12:06 AM

I took a dump on my desk and it composed a better song than this.