Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Jam Session (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Report Problems/Make Suggestions/Ask Questions. (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286225)

kevbud187 12-30-2005 06:42 PM

99% of questions on this forum are beginer questions. But we could have an advanced technique if you want.

fuzzyhair 12-30-2005 10:51 PM

Well the problem with beginner question threads is users would come in here and be like, "im not a beginner." and post a thread.

xbiladudex 01-01-2006 11:29 AM

hey, can you please tell me how to get to the tab archive? eveytime i try it brings me right to the forums? my sn is xbiladudex, thanx

fuzzyhair 01-01-2006 11:56 AM

[QUOTE=xbiladudex]hey, can you please tell me how to get to the tab archive? eveytime i try it brings me right to the forums? my sn is xbiladudex, thanx[/QUOTE]
Here read this [url]http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/announcement.php?f=3[/url]
just use ultimate-guitar or something. Thanks for not making a new thread!:thumb:

PearlManiac 04-04-2006 10:43 PM

Hi, I'm new here, but I can't start new threads, do I have to reach a certain number of posts before I can start a new thread?

Thanks
Derek

Lexluthor 04-06-2006 10:49 AM

My question is....

When is the Audio Arena coming back. And if its an "experiment" what does this "experiment" entail?

Joe 04-26-2006 03:24 PM

Ok so I've got a general question, but I don't want to make a new thread about it so I'll post it here.

Does anyone know of any websites that have free downloads of the drums of a song? It's fun playing with real songs but you don't know so much when you mess up (and if you want to record it you can't record with the original because it's got other guitars and vocals and bass). So does anyone know of a site that has midi drum song downloads? Like the midis are already made (because I'm not that smart).

Does anyone come to this thread?

mistertich 05-20-2006 04:00 PM

How do you add an attachment to your thread? I'm trying to post a power tab but when i click the attachment button nothing happens. Is it just my computer?

SirChick 06-08-2006 11:08 AM

Im getting a bit of problem when i try to make a new thread to ask something, i get this:

SirChick, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

How do i get privileges to create a new thread?

mistertich 06-09-2006 10:49 PM

Wait one day.

La Revolucion 06-29-2006 01:29 PM

So, is a songwriting contest thread a possibility in here? Or would it just fall through?

theschweinhund 07-20-2006 07:22 AM

someone tell me why i cant post a new thread please. i registered, what more am i supposed to do?

theschweinhund 07-20-2006 07:34 AM

In order to fully utilize the abilities of this forum, the administrator will probably require that you register as a member. Registration is free, and allows you to do the following:
Post new threads
Reply to other peoples' threads
Edit your posts
Receive email notification of replies to posts and threads you specify
Send private messages to other members
Enter events in the forum calendar
Set up a 'buddy-list' to quickly see which of your friends are currently online

lies!

Xianne 07-23-2006 08:26 PM

sticky merkaba's voice hotline. it'll be helpful since there are no other stickies except the official voice thread, which offers the hotline link in the later posts, which MIGHT not be always found.

jurialmunkey 07-25-2006 07:27 PM

I'm thinking of trying to compile some resources together... Some links to PDF/HTML documents of various recording resources and some posts of some other stuff I have at home (at work now... :( )

If anyone would like to help me, has info or would like to collaborate on some articles/documents then that would be great; it would be especially great if Moseph or Introspective can add some info/links or look over it and give stuff the thumgs up/usefull insight. Same goes for anyone else who has knowledge to add.

What does everyone think of this idea??? I think it could really benefit this forum and save alot of people from answering the same questions from n00bs over and over again. Simple questions can be directed to the resources with just a quick explaination etc. So yeah... what do people think, who is on this with me???!! Takers??

i am the robots 08-17-2006 03:38 AM

[QUOTE=Xianne]sticky merkaba's voice hotline. it'll be helpful since there are no other stickies except the official voice thread, which offers the hotline link in the later posts, which MIGHT not be always found.[/QUOTE]

I second this, and maybe, we could go through the time of making a topic specific to proper screaming technique, I'm pretty sure Merkaba, The Only Singer, and myself could all put a bit of imput to this, and it would stop the weekly LOL HOW DOES I SCREAMING topics.

Kent 10-01-2006 02:23 AM

I registered, but it won't let me post a new topic for some reason. So I looked around to find the most appropriate thread I could reply in to pose my question and this seems to be it. Sorry if I judged wrong.

My question: I'm a complete 'newb' when it comes to musical hardware but I'm looking to get a few people together to jam and potentially start a band. I'd be doing vocals and already plan to buy a nice cheap Behringer XM8500 mic (seen some amazing reviews for it), but I'm wondering what kind of amplifier I would need to buy for it if all I'm using it for is casual live performances.

I've used my friend's guitar amp in the past and it seemed to work fine, but then I have another friend bitching that I need to buy a PA. I really don't know what to believe, but my other friend seems to think he knows a lot more than he actually does.

This is all just for very casual jam sessions so I don't need anything glamorous; just something that'll get the job done. I'm not really looking to spend a ton of money here. I'm a college student with just under $400 in the bank (thank God for generous parents) so I'm working on a really tight budget.

So what say you? Will a cheap guitar amp suffice, or will I actually need to get something specifically tailored to mic use? And if I can run with just a guitar amp, what's the minimum wattage you'd suggest?

Trigger_003 10-01-2006 03:29 AM

The whole not being able to make a thread thing only lasts for 24 hours (for spam prevention purposes). So you should be able post a thread up about it tomorrow.

I'd give you an answer, but gear is [I]really [/I]not my area, and while I'm pretty sure I know what to suggest, I'm not going to in case I'm wrong. Heaps of people here will be able to help you out on that though.

[quote]So, is a songwriting contest thread a possibility in here? Or would it just fall through?[/quote]
/late
/very late
/doesn't care

We had a monthly composition challenge happening earlier this year. I think we did about 4 of them then everyone got busy or something. The fact that hardly anyone voted in the last poll for some reason after there being a lot of interest about it was a bit of a disappointment. I might get it started up again in a few months when exams are over if nobody else beats me to it.

RedDebil 02-05-2007 10:50 PM

I find it sad and disturbing that this type of spamming is allowed outside of the pit.
Superpeer is not a man of his word. Why would he be . He is a pit mod.
YDload obviously is soft and won't ban his partners in crime, especially since he encourages his pitizen to "focus on their mission"
Is there any Mod on here who is NOT afraid of these bullies and will do the right thing by this forum.
Probably not.

Light Fantastic's Ugh thread is blatant spam, against the rules and a bannable offense. Is he worried. Nah, he's got all the pit mods in his back pocket.
How long will all the others allow this travesty in these forums to continue?
When will Jeremy fire all the cronies and get some real mods in here to clean this place up.
Probably Never. Of course, all the trolls know that. Carte Blanche.

Alf™ 02-05-2007 11:48 PM

You have been reported.

Motleyguy 03-06-2007 03:45 AM

A suggestion, Chemist's recording help thread should be stickied, it's a good idea that would clean up the forum alot.

Moseph 03-14-2007 04:49 PM

[QUOTE=Motleyguy;14322305]A suggestion, Chemist's recording help thread should be stickied, it's a good idea that would clean up the forum alot.[/QUOTE]

1) Take away the 2-3 response threads, and you essentially take away the Jam Session. Let's not discourage activity by putting all the discussion into a single unmanageable thread.

2) There's very little useful information in that thread right now. It makes no sense to make it permanent as it stands. If it continues to thrive the way that Merkaba's voice thread has, then it would make more sense.

cadencethefire 03-14-2007 05:58 PM

[QUOTE=Alf™;14148901]You have been reported.[/QUOTE]

lol

TojesDolan 08-27-2007 12:27 PM

Hai guys. If you have any problem ask in here and I'll look into it. :)

cometuesday 01-23-2008 03:32 AM

[url]http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15883436&postcount=4[/url]

I'm pretty sure that doesn't need an explanation, if it hasn't been noticed already.

0westley0 07-08-2009 12:25 AM

Arctos

[B]what notes are in the C minor scale?[/B]

Aaron 07-08-2009 12:46 AM

[FONT=Courier New]Here are the minor scales in every key:[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New]C = C - D - Eb - F - G - Ab - Bb - C[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New]D = D - E - F - G - A - Bb - C - D[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New]E = E - F# - G - A - B - C - D - E[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New]F = F - G - Ab - Bb - C - Db - Eb - F[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New]G = G - A - Bb - C - D - Eb - F - G[/FONT]

0westley0 07-08-2009 04:07 PM

k thanks man