Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bass Guitar (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Beginner songs (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234756)

bk wild 08-14-2005 07:22 AM

Help

i AM AN OLD BASS PLAYER WHO IS USED TO PLAYING WITH CHORD CHARTS.(THE LETTERS OVER THE WORDS). I DONT UNDERSTAND THE TAB CHARTS VERY WELL. I WANT TO KNOW IF THERE IS A SITE THAT I CAN FIND THESE IN.CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME? THANKS. ROCK ON

mikethecoug 08-14-2005 07:50 AM

[QUOTE=dannyt1251]reptilia-the strokes? You must be a good bassist if you find that easy[/QUOTE]

Reptilia isn't really that hard.

Hysteria - Muse
Sweet Child O Mine - G n R

helloohello 08-14-2005 05:36 PM

Blink 182-Carousel
Guns n Roses-Sweet Child of Mine
Velvet Revolver-Slither

Edge87 08-15-2005 08:10 AM

I know this one is suggested before: The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army... This song is really good practice when it comes to hiting the right frets! Not for the average bassit though, cause you should be able to do this song! But good good practice for the beginners!!

Edge87 08-15-2005 08:11 AM

correction: bassit = bassist :P

macabre 08-15-2005 11:00 AM

I Feel Good by James Brown
Nice Beginner Funk Bassline

woundedmonkey 08-17-2005 03:40 PM

happy birthday-little children-unnecessarily easy

haha

Edge87 08-17-2005 04:54 PM

ahm... many of metallicas songs are quite easy.... especially Until it Sleeps... that's a must for beginners, i promise u that!

now don't be a fool, stay cool!

bassist105 08-20-2005 08:32 AM

How is bombtrack easy man? I can play "Pet" - Aperfectcircle, but I can't play bombtrack, how does that work?

mikethecoug 08-20-2005 09:29 AM

[QUOTE=bassist105]How is bombtrack easy man? I can play "Pet" - Aperfectcircle, but I can't play bombtrack, how does that work?[/QUOTE]
bombtrack is easy, just keep trying, what dont you understand?

bassist105 08-20-2005 09:32 AM

I understand it, I just can't be assed to do the fingering...

Fabbe1337 08-20-2005 10:42 AM

Man, thanks for this thread and everyone that has listed easy tabs here.
I have only read 7 pages and I got like 10 new bass tabs to practise.
I came to these forums asking for tabs fitting a bassist who yet has to practise his
bass playing on a electric guitar O_o
Well, I found this thread and the rest is known...

Bass_swede 08-21-2005 08:57 AM

Flashlight is a groovy little song.. P-funk

equinox 08-21-2005 11:59 AM

Here are some real easy ones.

Blink 182 = all the small things
Nickleback = how you remind me
Nirvana = territorial pissings

Not much to any of these, keep it simple and groove. :wave:

Losthate 08-23-2005 07:41 PM

Could someone post some songs that have really cool riffs,I don't care if there easy or anytihng,Its just i've learnt all the songs I can thin of that I like,And I wanna know if people know any other that I don't know,And I listen to almost any kind of music,Thnx

Wintermute 08-24-2005 04:06 AM

[QUOTE=bassist105]I understand it, I just can't be assed to do the fingering...[/QUOTE]

Might come as a bit of a shocker, but believe it or not, you have to do the fingering to play the song.

:rolleyes:

Edge87 08-25-2005 12:53 PM

Losthate: The bassline on Metallicas' My Friend Of Misery (or something, not a Metallica-pro ;P) is quite simple, but catchy! I enjoy playing it alot! You find tabs on mx-tabs.net!

fizz450_03 08-26-2005 05:21 AM

Metallica - Enter The Sandman
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit

mikethecoug 08-26-2005 05:26 AM

[QUOTE=Losthate]Could someone post some songs that have really cool riffs,I don't care if there easy or anytihng,Its just i've learnt all the songs I can thin of that I like,And I wanna know if people know any other that I don't know,And I listen to almost any kind of music,Thnx[/QUOTE]

Muse - Time Is Running Out
Muse - Hysteria
Green Day - When I Come Around, Welcome To Paradise

surf33131 08-26-2005 08:33 AM

yo does any one kno any good beginner songs...blink-182 gets kinds boring afta a whille (wow i actually sadi boring and blink-182 in the same sentence)...kinda obsessed...
thnx........

tomtom 08-26-2005 07:25 PM

these are the songs i started with, and this thread has helped me find some new ones, lol

Smoke on the Water - Deep Purple easy, nice and steady, wll known
Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes easy, good for pinky strength
Feel Good Inc - The Gorillaz easy (if you get the right TAB)
Enter Sandman - Metallica easy, bit confusing at first
Cocaine - J J Kale easy, also good for pinky strength
Blister in the Sun - Violent Femmes easy, good for fretting hand speed
Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd easy, goos for picking hand and string skipping
Mission Impossible - Theme Song well known, sounds cool, good for fretting hand co-ordination
Short Skirt Long Jacket - Cake easy, good for speed and fretting hand flexibility

16 Nipples 09-01-2005 10:00 AM

[QUOTE=Shyanel]Sorry dude, but you'll find a lot of people who play bass dont like blink, myself included. It's just that hoppus is so poor. I mean as a fundemental bassist he serves his function perfectly, but he has no creative talent and no personal flair. Sorry, it's just the way it is bud....

....as for something easy to play - have a shot at "The O'Jays - For the Love Of Money"

it goes like this:

G ---------------------------------------------------------
D -------x11-11--x9--x9--x9x--x9--x9x--x9x--x9x--9x--8-9-11
A ---------------------------------------------------------
E --9--9---------------------------------------------------

thats it, just make up your own variations as you see fit. It's great fun to play and it gives you a use for your phaser (if you have one), although it still sounds good without.[/QUOTE]

I know Hoppus aint excatly a bass genious, but he isnt tht bad. If u listen 2 sum of Blink's early stuff he plays sum realli cool bass lines, not so much in the more recent stuff, since Blink became famous. You cant really be tht creative as a bass player if u r only a 3 piece band cos the bassist kind of has 2 act like a rhythm guitarist.

Try Mutt, Carousel, Marlboro Man and basically all the songs in Cheshire Cat.

Oz Rembrandt 09-01-2005 01:29 PM

[QUOTE=*Blink*182*Guy*] You cant really be tht creative as a bass player if u r only a 3 piece band cos the bassist kind of has 2 act like a rhythm guitarist.
[/QUOTE]

If your in a 3 piece, you need to be MORE creative, to fill the gaps where a rythm guitar plays.

Mark Hoppus isnt any good. Wasn't in early Blink, wasn't at the end of the bands carreer. Accept it.

fathergoat 09-01-2005 01:46 PM

Agreed. You need to be more creative in a 3 piece band, and hell wouldn't you want to be more creative if you are a musician.
Hoppus was an average punk player on Cheshire, but slacked right after dude ranch. He was never good, just average.

If you want to start playing on a good foot play Primus, or any other band that does not stay in one place with technique.

tank_89 09-01-2005 04:43 PM

What songs have great basslines?

Oz Rembrandt 09-02-2005 08:18 AM

[QUOTE=tank_89]What songs have great basslines?[/QUOTE]

Care to be a little more specific? What genre's do you play most?

tank_89 09-03-2005 01:33 PM

rock

Oz Rembrandt 09-03-2005 02:50 PM

Then, Led Zeppelin - Heartbreaker, The Immigrant Song
Black Sabbath - NIB, Evil Woman
Iron Maiden - Run to The Hills, The Trooper
The Who - My Generation

Those songs arn't hard In my opinion, but those are at least good bands to start with.

Zomba 09-05-2005 02:24 PM

Couple of Easyuns for you chaps seeing as no one else posts for the novices no more I'll start with these two for you:
Incubus - Battlestar Scralatchtica
Primus - American Life

Have Fun. :thumb:

mikethecoug 09-05-2005 02:38 PM

[QUOTE=Oz Rembrant]Then, Led Zeppelin - Heartbreaker, The Immigrant Song
Black Sabbath - NIB, Evil Woman
Iron Maiden - Run to The Hills, The Trooper
[b]The Who - My Generation[/b]

Those songs arn't hard In my opinion, but those are at least good bands to start with.[/QUOTE]
How you go on with the solo inthat?