Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Guitar Equipment (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Digitech Death Metal Pedal (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223959)

lowrider5 08-15-2004 11:58 AM

Digitech Death Metal Pedal

I just bought a Digitech Death Metal Pedal and played a gig with it. I was blown away. With the level set at a quarter-way it blew away the second guitarist's Boss Distortion Pedal that was set at 3/4-way. They were plugged into a 100 watt peavey. If that Digitech pedal had the level turned up any more it would of blown windows out.
[B]
[FONT=Arial Black]Ratings:[/FONT][/B]

Distortion- 5/5 The best and loudest distortion ever. Mostly for Hardcore.

Tone- 5/5 Has a great HEAVY METAL tone Not intended for anything else.

Looks- 4/5 Looks good but to plain black, the grunge pedal looks cooler

Overall- 5/5 AWESOME PEDAL

Still Life 09-11-2004 04:00 AM

I'm deciding whether to buy this or the Boss Metalzone. Which one would you recomend?

Mburton21 09-11-2004 02:47 PM

Definately this pedal, I've heard them both and the Metal Zone is just a digtized sounding piece of crap :thumb:

Still Life 09-11-2004 07:44 PM

Would you pick this over Metal Master?

MOUTH-F0R-WAR 09-11-2004 09:09 PM

the mt-2 is "better" but id just not waist my money on a distortion pedal. thiers no point.

Candiria92 09-17-2004 04:17 PM

The Metal Master is one of if not the best distortion pedal you can buy, but if the Death Metal Pedal is as good as he says it is you could probably go with that because its only like 40 or 50 bucks.

Puppet Lizards_Frontman 09-20-2004 06:41 AM

[QUOTE=Mburton21]Definately this pedal, I've heard them both and the Metal Zone is just a digtized sounding piece of crap :thumb:[/QUOTE]

That's funny that you think that the Metal Zone sounds digital, because its 100% analog circutry. Anyway, the Metal Zone is more versatile, but the Death Metal has an insane crunch to it...try em out thats all I can say.

Damage Control 09-20-2004 01:32 PM

[QUOTE=Mburton21]Definately this pedal, I've heard them both and the Metal Zone is just a digtized sounding piece of crap :thumb:[/QUOTE]

Wrong. It is the digitech pedals which have software based modelling and distortion, and the MT-2 which is analog, and gives that great analog sound the digitech's can't touch.

As for the metal master, that pedal is ONLY good for power chords, thats it. Anything else ( minor chords, fast solos, etc) sounds like muddy garbage.

DC

Dancin' Man 09-20-2004 07:05 PM

I beg to differ. I hate the death metal in comparison to the Metalzone. I like the broader sound you can get with the Metalzone. It has a much more expansive equalizer and get's the middle tones much better. The Death Metal sounds way too digital for my taste. I will say though that it is easier to make the Metalzone sound crappy but it can also sound much better.

Puppet Lizards_Frontman 09-20-2004 08:17 PM

[QUOTE=Fast Fingers]I beg to differ. I hate the death metal in comparison to the Metalzone. I like the broader sound you can get with the Metalzone. It has a much more expansive equalizer and get's the middle tones much better. The Death Metal sounds way too digital for my taste. I will say though that it is easier to make the Metalzone sound crappy but it can also sound much better.[/QUOTE]

The Death Metal is analog too...maybe you're confusing it with the Metal Master (which is digital)but anyway....the grunge is better imo....read my review. It's my first post in the Digitech Grunge thread.

nathan123 09-21-2004 12:40 PM

ive had an mt-2 for some time now, it even sounded good on my first guitar. an argos encore setup, now i have a vintage SG and a H||H ic100 amp and it sounds amazing. i think DIGItech kinda says its not really an analogue pedal to me

Jamie FT 09-24-2004 07:33 PM

the digitech death metal looks really good to me, i'm torn between that and the boss mt 2

Mark. A 10-03-2004 02:51 AM

I like it beter then the metal master.

sws88 10-05-2004 08:59 PM

If you like the digitech death metal pedal, you may want to try the DOD death metal (FX86, or FX86B). I tried the digitech... It was awesome, sure, but you can't get enough of a crunch from it. Just a swelling type of distortion... the DOD offers a bit of both. I recomend the digitech if you would like a sound that is a bit more towards the metal side, but the DOD is more original in sound, and you'd find that the DOD can be made to sound like distortions for many different genres. Traditional metal, for one, punk, and others. Just give it a try.

frankenstein203 10-15-2004 10:18 PM

[QUOTE=sws88]If you like the digitech death metal pedal, you may want to try the DOD death metal (FX86, or FX86B). I tried the digitech... It was awesome, sure, but you can't get enough of a crunch from it. Just a swelling type of distortion... the DOD offers a bit of both. I recomend the digitech if you would like a sound that is a bit more towards the metal side, but the DOD is more original in sound, and you'd find that the DOD can be made to sound like distortions for many different genres. Traditional metal, for one, punk, and others. Just give it a try.[/QUOTE]

I heard death metal is all just fuzz, especially when you turn the gain down.

and metal zone pwnz all!!!!

im buying a metal zone.

lowrider5 11-03-2004 11:44 PM

Metal Master- Digitalized
Metal Zone- Digitalized, but Very Nice
Death Metal- Analog, A Tad weak
Grunge- Analog, Nice Distorntion

L@@K at the boss mega distortion

Syncope 11-04-2004 12:36 AM

Same here I love this thing.

ReligionTastesLikeChicken 11-13-2004 10:03 PM

I tried it out and it sounded like sh*t, really all I could see this kind of distortion fit for is boosting the hell out of solos, and for complete noobs...

SingedH 12-29-2004 05:09 PM

[QUOTE=lowrider5]Metal Master- Digitalized
Metal Zone- Digitalized, but Very Nice
Death Metal- Analog, A Tad weak
Grunge- Analog, Nice Distorntion

L@@K at the boss mega distortion[/QUOTE]

dude, you have no idea what you are talking about, and ive played a Death Metal, it sounds like a muddy, fuzzy, digital piece of crap

Livin'Sic 12-30-2004 02:49 AM

By the MXR Doulbe shot Distortion I got it and works good

DouchePatrol 01-03-2005 01:24 PM

I've played the Digi Death Metal pedal, and I honestly thought that it was a little too much. Even if you get the volume and the distortion, is it worth no one being able to hear your notes? I use a Boss MetalZone as a boost for my Marshall, and it's nothing insane, but you can certainly tell what I'm playing, and it's very decent distortion.

maggot_b 01-07-2005 06:16 PM

Sod all of them and get an Ibanez SM-7 smashbox and an EQ pedal.

moaner 01-11-2005 10:51 AM

this pedal has no gain dial, no?

therefore it is useless, no?

ibanez_freak 01-17-2005 08:26 PM

i have it and its OK can anyone tell me some good settings

h00t_h00t 01-18-2005 06:51 PM

Be a little more specific.

SoloLikeMad 01-26-2005 06:36 PM

yeah i used one.. seemed really staticky n ****......
but then again i probably just set it up all wrong for my taste of sound :rolleyes:

Slash4040 01-26-2005 07:14 PM

Hot Head or Grunge by Digitech are better.

Superfly_kyle 01-27-2005 02:45 PM

i just baught a death metal pedal or myself and i would recomend it for soloing

PrestoDone 01-27-2005 10:12 PM

I Bought a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone today which i will be returning tommorow. The guy who sold it to me told me it was an awsome pedal and bla bla bla. When i plugged it into my amp it was nothing but horrible noise. it sounded like an airplane was taking off in my amp. The output and crunch went over the top to a very hot sound, but it just couldnt sustain that and not be noisy. I mean it was so noisy even when i wasnt playing it and turned my guitar knobs down. The only way it sounded decent was when i used lower volume but even then it was bad. Anyone else have any recomendations which are not the Metal zone, death metal , or grunge pedals??

moaner 01-28-2005 10:07 AM

[QUOTE]Anyone else have any recomendations which are not the Metal zone, death metal , or grunge pedals??[/QUOTE]

a tube amp, cap'n elitist.