Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bass Guitar (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Casual - Once more with feeling (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571968)

FunkMetalBass 04-28-2009 08:00 AM

[quote=Spaceman Spiff;17209180]Are you playing guitar, bass, and singing on this song?[/quote]

For the mock up recording, yes. Two guitars, midi drums, bass, and vox.

I'm like Raayl, but way shittier.

Spaceman Spiff 04-28-2009 08:05 AM

I doubt that.

Anyway, I need to get ready and head out of here. Send me that song when you get home.

Later. :wave:

FunkMetalBass 04-28-2009 08:08 AM

l8rz, spiff.

p.s. I'm stealing that song you just sent me. It's burning to my first album (Joe Wells: 20 years in the Making) right now.

Epidemechanical 04-28-2009 08:09 AM

[QUOTE=FunkMetalBass;17209183]For the mock up recording, yes. Two guitars, midi drums, bass, and vox.

I'm like Raayl, but way pooptier.[/QUOTE]

1) i dont do guitars

2) or bass

3) 75% of our drums are live

so no you really are nothing like me

FunkMetalBass 04-28-2009 08:12 AM

I forgot that you outsource that now. Back in the day, you did most of it yourself, correct?

Epidemechanical 04-28-2009 08:12 AM

[QUOTE=FunkMetalBass;17209193]I forgot that you outsource that now. Back in the day, you did most of it yourself, correct?[/QUOTE]

does it matter if its just drafts for me to learn its not like any of that material is worth listening to i was just practicing

FunkMetalBass 04-28-2009 08:27 AM

[quote=Raayl;17209194]does it matter if its just drafts for me to learn its not like any of that material is worth listening to i was just practicing[/quote]

I didn't realize you considered those "drafts" solely for the learning process. I was under the impression they were well-planned compositions of yours and you were proud of them.

In any case, you've come a long way as far as recording ability, and I'm sure if you were in the same situation, your recording would blow mine out of the water.

By the way, guys at my work like your music. I showed them the Starsmog recordings. :thumb:

Epidemechanical 04-28-2009 08:29 AM

[QUOTE=FunkMetalBass;17209214]I didn't realize you considered those "drafts" solely for the learning process. I was under the impression they were well-planned compositions of yours and you were proud of them.

In any case, you've come a long way as far as recording ability, and I'm sure if you were in the same situation, your recording would blow mine out of the water.

By the way, guys at my work like your music. I showed them the Starsmog recordings. :thumb:[/QUOTE]

cool

and no i probably didnt consider them drafts at the time although thats really what they were and anything else i said was just me being an idiot

BenJammin 04-28-2009 09:44 AM

[QUOTE=Raayl;17209218]cool

[B]and no i probably didnt consider them drafts at the time although thats really what they were and anything else i said was just me being an idiot[/B][/QUOTE]

I can agree with this, in relation to me.

And you.

FunkMetalBass 04-28-2009 10:11 AM

I think we can all agree to it, but it's a natural progression that we all go through as our music matures. Discrediting previous compositions as "drafts" because you weren't experienced in writing/recording doesn't mean they don't count.

I didn't listen to as much of your older stuff because it was much more raw than the refined sound I hear in your current collab group, but some of it was still damn good.

Epidemechanical 04-28-2009 01:39 PM

[QUOTE=FunkMetalBass;17209350]I think we can all agree to it, but it's a natural progression that we all go through as our music matures. Discrediting previous compositions as "drafts" because you weren't experienced in writing/recording doesn't mean they don't count.

I didn't listen to as much of your older stuff because it was much more raw than the refined sound I hear in your current collab group, but some of it was still damn good.[/QUOTE]

nah it was all garbage

and yes it most certainly means it doesnt count

fatbandit 04-28-2009 02:11 PM

I have no opinion on this.

FunkMetalBass 04-28-2009 02:35 PM

[quote=Raayl;17209586]nah it was all garbage

and yes it most certainly means it doesnt count[/quote]

And now we're arguing opinions.

I'm not going to argue about your music. If you think it's ****, then it's ****.

Have you been using your MMA moves on your girlfriend to increase the quickness of her response time?

Epidemechanical 04-28-2009 03:11 PM

[QUOTE=FunkMetalBass;17209681]And now we're arguing opinions.

I'm not going to argue about your music. If you think it's ****, then it's ****.

Have you been using your MMA moves on your girlfriend to increase the quickness of her response time?[/QUOTE]

no we're not arguing opinions

the whole "amg juz cuz is not gud qualitee duznt meen is not gud song" is an immature mantra usually uttered by people who can't, themselves, attain the level of production and sound/wave quality they want, so they try to rationalize that insecurity by justifying bad recordings

how do i know this? well, because i used to think the same way, and still do - it keeps your eyes focused in the right direction, upwards

once you reach a certain level of recording quality, you never go backwards. but, it's easy to justify not being able to produce effectively by using that mantra. cause it seems to make sense

until you, you know, listen to the bad recording and realize how bad it is

Epidemechanical 04-28-2009 03:12 PM

and no i have not done jujitsu on my gf

i just got back from the gym though and im sweating all over my tl;drs

lemoley 04-28-2009 03:14 PM

hey guys

fatbandit 04-28-2009 03:20 PM

I dunno. I think you're right - if I could have the most polished recordings in the world for my band, I'd jump at the chance.

But saying that, there are a lot of bands I like who put out better and better sounding recordings, only for the later ones to sound overdone, and I prefer the older crappier ones.

So I'm kind of in two minds.

Epidemechanical 04-28-2009 03:22 PM

[QUOTE=fatbandit;17209743]I dunno. I think you're right - if I could have the most polished recordings in the world for my band, I'd jump at the chance.

But saying that, there are a lot of bands I like who put out better and better sounding recordings, only for the later ones to sound overdone, and I prefer the older crappier ones.

So I'm kind of in two minds.[/QUOTE]

its about reaching a certain pinnacle

most people tell me (cause im a huge thrice fan) that im missing out on hating identity crisis, their debut. i cant get past the fact that the recordings suck.

but then you get to later recordings, like vheissu, where the sleek production and shimmering vocals demolish the tracks

and im always the opposite the better a band sounds mix wise the more i like them

of course the songs have to be good too but you know thats a more complicated issue

also, this is about MAKING music, not listening to it. there is a huge difference. im not aware of any band that has ever REGRESSED in raw wave quality as they grew in fame and influence

that tells you the trend

and you know you, yourself, wouldnt turn down increased quality

fatbandit 04-28-2009 03:37 PM

Metallica XD

Of course I would always push for the best quality I can get. Within our means anyway.

Epidemechanical 04-28-2009 03:42 PM

metallica doesnt count because they weren't riding their success once they started to suck i said regression during periods of growth not decline

like, newly discovered bands first going into a studio blah blah blah

fatbandit 04-28-2009 03:47 PM

Hmm, I'm sure I could probably dredge a band like that up if I thought hard enough. But I'd only be doing it to be a douchebag. And I don't think either of us are in the mood for me to play devil's advocate, amirite?

That, and I'm really hungry. And all-consuming hunger takes thoughts of bad production and replaces them with thoughts of food.

fatbandit 04-28-2009 03:48 PM

Oh, and when we get our band signed, I'm totally getting the label to pay for you to record us Will

Epidemechanical 04-28-2009 03:49 PM

[QUOTE=fatbandit;17209783]Oh, and when we get our band signed, I'm totally getting the label to pay for you to record us Will[/QUOTE]

lol i listened to sunday in class today

and at the gym

i cant wait for the ep

weeeeeeee make sure to send me it on msn

fatbandit 04-28-2009 04:10 PM

(y)

BenJammin 04-28-2009 04:22 PM

You're not missing out on hating Identity Crisis. It sucks, anyway.

Efrim 04-28-2009 04:53 PM

I found out my job now starts on Monday instead of Friday. That's good news, now I'll have a chance to do laundry before I start.

:amaze: 04-28-2009 10:26 PM

sup ****ers.

:amaze: 04-28-2009 10:49 PM

sup sexys?

burtonbassist_102 04-29-2009 01:23 AM

amazed at how good of a movie american history x is. i just watched it for the first time (all the way through) a couple days ago. i'd seen bits and pieces of it before, but all the way through...

wow.

burtonbassist_102 04-29-2009 01:24 AM

[QUOTE=Raayl;17209586]nah it was all garbage

and yes it most certainly means it doesnt count[/QUOTE]

i totally found your old soundclick.

i still really dig exist.