Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   History (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Dinosaurs Compatible With Christianity? (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=355814)

The Jolly Pakistani 06-22-2005 10:56 PM

That crutch for the weak remark was totally unfounded. I'm sure just as many people look to science to find order in our existance.

trading_sadness4numbness 06-22-2005 11:00 PM

[QUOTE=The Jolly Pakistani]That crutch for the weak remark was totally unfounded. I'm sure just as many people look to science to find order in our existance.[/QUOTE]

yeah

Volumnius Flush 06-22-2005 11:36 PM

[QUOTE=trading_sadness4numbness]Exactly my point hence....pre-U.S invasion Iraqi poll.[/QUOTE]

Ohh noes!! :eek: We invaded Iraq and liberated 20 million people!!

[QUOTE=thrashfanatic2010]evolution exists volumnius get over it.

its called scientific evidence ie. body hair, natural selection, wisdom teeth, lengths of our pinkies etc.

and yes dinosaurs did exist, there's no argument about that, its called fossils dumbass[/QUOTE]

Atleast read the thread. Don't come in on page 3 and act like you know ****. Atleast read what you're talking about.

[QUOTE=MattSharpIsCool]I dont even understand the choices in the poll. Do we agree with him, or do we REALLY agree with him. Are those our choices?[/QUOTE]

So, which one did you choose? :lol:

[QUOTE=trading_sadness4numbness]I didn't say it did, look at the poll, half of us wouldn't even be able to vote closely to what we've been posting about...... "kind of like the elections held by saddam....."

"now do you get it?[/QUOTE]

It's because you're tlking **** when you have no room to do so.

[QUOTE=Nra4ever_17]None of that proves he wasn't religious.[/QUOTE]

You haven't proved he is. Religion isn't standard. It's an add-on.

Volumnius Flush 06-22-2005 11:39 PM

[QUOTE=Hrothgar]Or maybe people need religion to feel complete, to feel like their life has meaning?

This thread anyways is about dinosaurs and the bible. They are stated in the bible.

Doesn't it make more sense to you that a higher power created everything.... as opposed to a "BIG BANG" and then stuff started happening out of nothing?[/QUOTE]

Do you have a religion?

[QUOTE=Trivium]why did god give us an apendix, or tonsils, or wisdom teeth?

they just cause problems, we get rid of them.

If you dont believe in evolution, then you were raised by parents who forced their religious bullcrap on you, or your not able to realize what is clearly obvious. The bible is a book, its a good book, however its not the only book, all it is, a book, letters and spaces on paper.

The bible was not dropped from heaven, it is mans creation.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe in evolution because it's a ****ty idea that I decided isn't real. My parents have nothing to do with this. If anything, websites I've read from have influenced my beliefs. Though a lot I come up with myself.

RouteOne 06-23-2005 09:09 AM

[QUOTE=Volumnius Flush]Do you have a religion?

I don't believe in evolution because it's a ****ty idea that I decided isn't real. My parents have nothing to do with this. If anything, websites I've read from have influenced my beliefs. Though a lot I come up with myself.[/QUOTE]

One doesn't have to have a religion.

So you get most of your info from the internet, huh? And we all know no one ever lies on the internet.

Volumnius Flush 06-23-2005 09:22 AM

[QUOTE=amostbitterseason]One doesn't have to have a religion.
[/QUOTE]

I was asking him because the way he talks sometimes makes me think he is religious. Other times, I have no idea. I'll take a quote from italic zero, reading comprehension isn't one of your strengths, is it?

[QUOTE=amostbitterseason]So you get most of your info from the internet, huh? And we all know no one ever lies on the internet.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Volumnius Flush]If anything, websites I've read from have influenced my beliefs. [B]Though a lot I come up with myself.[/B] [/QUOTE]

See that bolded sentence right there? Way to twist my words jacka$$. Seriously, I have to be insane to challenge the existence of dinosaurs. No website I've came across has ever made this claim.

RouteOne 06-23-2005 09:24 AM

[QUOTE=Volumnius Flush]I was asking him because the way he talks sometimes makes me think he is religious. Other times, I have no idea. I'll take a quote from italic zero, reading comprehension isn't one of your strengths, is it?

See that bolded sentence right there? Way to twist my words jacka$$. Seriously, I have to be insane to challenge the existence of dinosaurs. No website I've came across has ever made this claim.[/QUOTE]
But still, you challenge actual scientifical proof to not be real and some how it was sent by Satan to confuse man. How can you seriously believe this?

trading_sadness4numbness 06-23-2005 09:34 AM

woah, heh I can't believe your keepin this up.

"hat's off. volum"

Volumnius Flush 06-23-2005 09:37 AM

[QUOTE=amostbitterseason]But still, you challenge actual scientifical proof to not be real and some how it was sent by Satan to confuse man. How can you seriously believe this?[/QUOTE]

Dinosaurs are theoretically a Satanic principal. On a Satanic scale, 65 millions years ago a meteor hit the Earth causing all creatures to go extinct. Some time after that, there was hmans among other things.

[B]The missing link between Christianity and science is the dinosaurs; I'm sure of it.[/B] The idea of dinosaurs has contradictions in a Christian-based science and Christianity itself. The difference between Christianity and science is the dinosaurs. In Christianity, the only possibility for dinosaurs is co-existence with man. In science, the only possibility is the extinction of dinosaurs 65 million years ago.

If you think about and take a Christian approach to science, dinosaurs technically cannot exist.

I have a hard time putting into words what I'm thinking in my head, so if you didn't understand something, ask and I will try to focus better on that part.

Volumnius Flush 06-23-2005 09:39 AM

So who are my two religious followers? What did everyone vote?

trading_sadness4numbness 06-23-2005 09:40 AM

I didn't, you'd have to kill me... was fun though

RouteOne 06-23-2005 09:41 AM

[QUOTE=Volumnius Flush]Dinosaurs are theoretically a Satanic principal. On a Satanic scale, 65 millions years ago a meteor hit the Earth causing all creatures to go extinct. Some time after that, there was hmans among other things.

[B]The missing link between Christianity and science is the dinosaurs; I'm sure of it.[/B] The idea of dinosaurs has contradictions in a Christian-based science and Christianity itself. The difference between Christianity and science is the dinosaurs. In Christianity, the only possibility for dinosaurs is co-existence with man. In science, the only possibility is the extinction of dinosaurs 65 million years ago.

If you think about and take a Christian approach to science, dinosaurs technically cannot exist.

I have a hard time putting into words what I'm thinking in my head, so if you didn't understand something, ask and I will try to focus better on that part.[/QUOTE]
But you have to understand not everyone takes the christian point of view towards science.

Also, how can you dispute all the hard evidence? Foot prints, DNA, fossils, bones and many other things that prove that they once exsisted?

Futue te Ipsum 06-23-2005 09:43 AM

I don't know whether to be disgusted or amused.

max_facekick 06-23-2005 09:44 AM

satan and jesus are my homeboys! they came to my crib last night and we played poker. Santa claus beat us all though :(

Erotic City 06-23-2005 09:44 AM

I'm sorry, but the thread title made me laugh

RouteOne 06-23-2005 09:45 AM

[url]http://web.umr.edu/~epeters/hitler-jesus.jpg[/url]

max_facekick 06-23-2005 09:46 AM

yuR goin to HELL HEATHEN!!!!! satans black magik inFLuences y00!111!!22

RouteOne 06-23-2005 09:47 AM

But seriously, I can't tell if this guy is being serious or not. Some people are actually that crazy.

max_facekick 06-23-2005 09:49 AM

I know, he might just be messing with everyone, then again I know a few psycho jesus-freaks like that where I live. (They're this fun to argue with, too :) )

trading_sadness4numbness 06-23-2005 09:50 AM

[QUOTE=amostbitterseason]But seriously, I can't tell if this guy is being serious or not. Some people are actually that crazy.[/QUOTE]

no one knows, more fun this way...

Volumnius Flush 06-23-2005 09:53 AM

[QUOTE=amostbitterseason]But you have to understand not everyone takes the christian point of view towards science.

Also, how can you dispute all the hard evidence? Foot prints, DNA, fossils, bones and many other things that prove that they once exsisted?[/QUOTE]

Not everyone does take a Christian approach. But Christians do. I don't expect a secularist to regard the Bible quite as highly as I do.

Footprints, fossils, and DNA? If I could prove to you God existed, I would. If you could prove to me dinosaurs existed, I would believe. As of now, I'm skeptical that it could be a conspiracy. So they told you they found a footprint. Big deal. Did you see this footprint?

Also, I've already replied to your 'scientific evidence' defense. If you really wanted to understand, you would atleast reword it. I want this to be understood, so if there is something you still don't understand, I'll be glad to help. :)

Esp Mastodon 06-23-2005 09:58 AM

Pangea is Feasible, and there is very sring evidence to suggest it existed.

max_facekick 06-23-2005 09:59 AM

Flesh: You sound like most christians when they start to realize that other non-christian ideas about creation sound much-more realistic and correct. Lets take a look at the evidence.

Evolution/earlier life than the bible: Carbon dating, fossils, footprints, cave paintings, remaining prehistoric species, orbital science, etc.

christian creation: an old book written by prophets, then translated and interpreted by thousands and thousands of people until you get the version you have today.

I also find it ironic that you talk about conspiracies when you are a right-wing christian......

Futue te Ipsum 06-23-2005 10:01 AM

[QUOTE=Volumnius Flush]Footprints, fossils, and DNA? If I could prove to you God existed, I would. If you could prove to me dinosaurs existed, I would believe. As of now, I'm skeptical that it could be a conspiracy. So they told you they found a footprint. Big deal. Did you see this footprint? [/QUOTE]

You can find fairly irrefutable evidence at some museums. Unless that's a really odd rock formation.

Volumnius Flush 06-23-2005 10:10 AM

[QUOTE=max_facekick]Flesh: You sound like most christians when they start to realize that other non-christian ideas about creation sound much-more realistic and correct. Lets take a look at the evidence.

Evolution/earlier life than the bible: Carbon dating, fossils, footprints, cave paintings, remaining prehistoric species, orbital science, etc.

christian creation: an old book written by prophets, then translated and interpreted by thousands and thousands of people until you get the version you have today.

I also find it ironic that you talk about conspiracies when you are a right-wing christian......[/QUOTE]

So, amirite, or what?

Berner 06-23-2005 10:10 AM

[QUOTE=Volumnius Flush]Footprints, fossils, and DNA? If I could prove to you God existed, I would. If you could prove to me dinosaurs existed, I would believe. As of now, I'm skeptical that it could be a conspiracy. So they told you they found a footprint. Big deal. Did you see this footprint?[/QUOTE]Now watch me tear your point apart.

Did you ever meet Jesus? Have you ever met Moses? Has God himself ever spoken to you to let you know he exists?

Boy it's funny how that door swings both ways isn't it.

Volumnius Flush 06-23-2005 10:13 AM

[QUOTE=Berner]Now watch me tear your point apart.

Did you ever meet Jesus? Have you ever met Moses? Has God himself ever spoken to you to let you know he exists?

Boy it's funny how that door swings both ways isn't it.[/QUOTE]

You missed my point. The point is, it's rediculous for you or anyone else to question my faith in Jesus. It's equally as rediculous for me to question your belief in dinosaurs. I'm simply suggesting that they don't exist.

Berner 06-23-2005 10:19 AM

[QUOTE=Volumnius Flush]You missed my point. The point is, it's rediculous for you or anyone else to question my faith in Jesus. It's equally as rediculous for me to question your belief in dinosaurs. I'm simply suggesting that they don't exist.[/QUOTE]Oh really?
[QUOTE=Volumnius Flush]MattSharp up above states that dinosaur fossils "hundreds of millions of years old" and a "6000 year old" Earth is a mystery. Think about it. If I keep the time the same way God did in the first few books of the Bible, then someone's lying. Maybe the scientists and their carbon-dating. I think the scientists are the culprits here. The godless bastards. [B]It was a hoax started by Satan and continued on by the scientists. Dinosaurs never existed.[/B][/QUOTE][QUOTE=Volumnius Flush]Dinosaurs are theoretically a Satanic principal. On a Satanic scale, 65 millions years ago a meteor hit the Earth causing all creatures to go extinct. Some time after that, there was hmans among other things.

If you think about and take a Christian approach to science, [B]dinosaurs technically cannot exist.[/B]

I have a hard time putting into words what I'm thinking in my head, so if you didn't understand something, ask and I will try to focus better on that part.[/QUOTE]There's a difference between suggesting and making stark raving mad posts. How old are you and what kind of christian denomination do you follow?

Volumnius Flush 06-23-2005 10:21 AM

I'm 16. 17 in August. I go to non-denominational but would like to start my own branch. A little Baptist influence in there, too. Just a pinch though.

edit: you're only 3 years and 8 months older than i, so it's not like you are some matured, sophisticated person who has anything on me.

RouteOne 06-23-2005 10:21 AM

[QUOTE=Volumnius Flush]Not everyone does take a Christian approach. But Christians do. I don't expect a secularist to regard the Bible quite as highly as I do.

Footprints, fossils, and DNA? If I could prove to you God existed, I would. If you could prove to me dinosaurs existed, I would believe. As of now, I'm skeptical that it could be a conspiracy. So they told you they found a footprint. Big deal. Did you see this footprint?

Also, I've already replied to your 'scientific evidence' defense. If you really wanted to understand, you would atleast reword it. I want this to be understood, so if there is something you still don't understand, I'll be glad to help. :)[/QUOTE]
[url]http://www.stadiumweb.com/reprints/parkerr.html[/url]

Berner 06-23-2005 10:22 AM

[QUOTE=Volumnius Flush]I'm 16. 17 in August. I go to non-denominational but would like to start my own branch. A little Baptist influence in there, too. Just a pinch though.[/QUOTE]Do you hate science?

Volumnius Flush 06-23-2005 10:26 AM

[QUOTE=amostbitterseason][url]http://www.stadiumweb.com/reprints/parkerr.html[/url][/QUOTE]

Oooh!! :eek: Sign me up!! I believe in dinosaurs now!!

That doesn't prove a thing, and I did skim through it. I looked at the pictures, read some passages. I'll say it again, they are Satanic in nature and the mysticality of 'dinosaurs' must be forgotten.

[QUOTE=Berner]Do you hate science?[/QUOTE]

It depends on what you mean. Secularly, yes. It can be used for good. I guess if you wanted to make a medicine to cure a disease, that's good science. I'm not some Scientist person who believes you have to pray and pray and pray and maybe God will heal you. In some ways, God's answer to prayer is science so you can't totally discredit it. But when you talk about evolution, I totally disagree with that.

edit: oops, :blush: i hope no one saw my mistake.

Berner 06-23-2005 10:33 AM

[QUOTE=Volumnius Flush]It depends on what you mean. Secularly, yes. It can be used for good. I guess if you wanted to make a medicine to cure a disease, that's good science. I'm not some Scientist person who believes you have to pray and pray and pray and maybe God will heal you. In some ways, God's answer to prayer is science so you can't totally discredit it. But when you talk about evolution, I totally disagree with that.[/QUOTE]Ok so here's what I want you to do. Take every single electronic appliance, drug, soaps etc (basically anything that a scientist developed) and research if the creator is secular or not. If they are get rid of it because you are just being a hypocrite by using a "tool of satan."

Another thing. Why is it that some religious types always say Satan is to blame for everything wrong in life and that God is the reason for all that is good? Have they ever considered that maybe they need to step up to the responsibility of their own/others actions?

Also, why would Satan decieve us? Basically Satan is human nature. He does everything that we have natural instincts to do.

RouteOne 06-23-2005 10:33 AM

[QUOTE=Volumnius Flush]Oooh!! :eek: Sign me up!! I believe in dinosaurs now!!

That doesn't prove a thing, and I did skim through it. I looked at the pictures, read some passages. I'll say it again, they are Satanic in nature and the mysticality of 'dinosaurs' must be forgotten.

It depends on what you mean. Secularly, yes. It can be used for good. I guess if you wanted to make a medicine to cure a disease, that's good science. I'm not some Scientist person who believes you have to pray and pray and pray and maybe God will heal you. In some ways, God's answer to prayer is science so you can't totally discredit it. But when you talk about evolution, I totally disagree with that.

edit: oops, :blush: i hope no one saw my mistake.[/QUOTE]

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!? That is hard proof. Actual data that they once exsisted. You are just caught in a fantasy world.

Volumnius Flush 06-23-2005 10:49 AM

[QUOTE=Berner]Ok so here's what I want you to do. Take every single electronic appliance, drug, soaps etc (basically anything that a scientist developed) and research if the creator is secular or not. If they are get rid of it because you are just being a hypocrite by using a "tool of satan."

Another thing. Why is it that some religious types always say Satan is to blame for everything wrong in life and that God is the reason for all that is good? Have they ever considered that maybe they need to step up to the responsibility of their own/others actions?

Also, why would Satan decieve us? Basically Satan is human nature. He does everything that we have natural instincts to do.[/QUOTE]

James 1:17—"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. 18] He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created."

In response, it is human nature to sin. It's Satanic nature to present temptation of sin. Your request is invalid because I am not conformed by the secular bath soap that I wash my body with at night. Satan is real, and his main target is the believers, the Christians. So my point that Satan causes a lot of wrong is true, but some people still aren't the Christians they should be and that's why their lives get ruined.

[QUOTE=amostbitterseason]WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!? That is hard proof. Actual data that they once exsisted. You are just caught in a fantasy world.[/QUOTE]

I'm in a fantasy world? You're the areligious nitwit and I'm in a fantasy world. Good logic. And before you get sarcastic about my sarcasm, I was being sarcastic.

Berner 06-23-2005 10:51 AM

Wow. Just wow.

Volumnius Flush 06-23-2005 10:52 AM

My following is growing Berner. I have 3 religious followers and 5 possible-converts.

Submit to me. Follow me. You have great power Berner. I want to take you under my wing and show you the Truth.

I still request the names of my followers. Why didn't I make it public? :upset:

RouteOne 06-23-2005 10:56 AM

[QUOTE=Volumnius Flush]James 1:17—"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. 18] He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created."

In response, it is human nature to sin. It's Satanic nature to present temptation of sin. Your request is invalid because I am not conformed by the secular bath soap that I wash my body with at night. Satan is real, and his main target is the believers, the Christians. So my point that Satan causes a lot of wrong is true, but some people still aren't the Christians they should be and that's why their lives get ruined.

I'm in a fantasy world? You're the areligious nitwit and I'm in a fantasy world. Good logic. And before you get sarcastic about my sarcasm, I was being sarcastic.[/QUOTE]
I practice norse paganism. What do you think of that?

thrashfanatic2010 06-23-2005 10:57 AM

[QUOTE=The Jolly Pakistani]That crutch for the weak remark was totally unfounded. I'm sure just as many people look to science to find order in our existance.[/QUOTE]

maybe but in science's case it actually exists and is proven unlike the false sense of security and hope the piece of manmade bull**** known as religion offers people

Volumnius Flush 06-23-2005 11:01 AM

[QUOTE=amostbitterseason]I practice norse paganism. What do you think of that?[/QUOTE]

I think you are a twit.