Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rock & Metal (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Any other Stoner/Doom metal fans? (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309012)

some_ones_bitch 03-02-2005 03:48 PM

im lovein both of em, especially doom. thanks for the recommendations

Jondur 03-03-2005 03:40 AM

[QUOTE=joe_fresh]yeah, thats the one

also solitude aeturnus have got some new stuff on the way too, looks promising[/QUOTE]

That new Solitude Aeturnus has been on it's way for well over a year now! Last I heard, Rob Lowe had got over his surgery and had actually recorded some vocal parts! I am very much looking forward to this! In fact I can't wait!

Anyone heard Millarca? This is from a demo release in 1994 [url]http://www.doommetal.com/miskatonic/millarca/millarca1-Behind_the_tombstone_demo1994.mp3[/url]

Tis good epic doom!

br3ad_man 03-03-2005 03:55 AM

[QUOTE=Jondur]

Stoner is a pile of ****e.

(disclaimer: Kyuss are ok. As are Masters of Reality)[/QUOTE]

...Melvins?

Jondur 03-03-2005 04:27 AM

[QUOTE=joe_fresh]some quality doom metal bands/abums:

reverend bizzare - harbringer of metal
candlemass - epicus doomicus metallicus
solitude aeturnus - beyond the crimson horizon
doomshine - thy kingdom come
mood - slow down
well of souls - self titled
mirror of decpetion - foregone
[/QUOTE]

Good choices!! Along with Orodruin and The Gates of Slumber, Reverend Bizarre are one the best new doom band around! And I'm proud to say that my band are playing with them in London later this month. Should be cool - they're a great band! Although Albert (Bass/Vox) has been known to wear nothing but a very small pair of briefs on stage!

If people want (and keep this thread alive) I can post a load of really good doom stuff for people to hear.

Deathcrush 03-03-2005 05:47 AM

I was all ready to purchase my first Skepticism CD, but drugs stole my money. :(

I am not too experienced with Funeral Doom, is Skepticism a good place to get into it, yes?

Phototropic 03-03-2005 09:29 AM

Kyuss
Electric Wizard
Sixty Watt Shaman
Masters Of Reality
Orange Goblin

:)

Shred Danson 03-03-2005 09:57 AM

[QUOTE=Jondur]Good choices!! Along with Orodruin and The Gates of Slumber, Reverend Bizarre are one the best new doom band around! And I'm proud to say that my band are playing with them in London later this month. Should be cool - they're a great band! Although Albert (Bass/Vox) has been known to wear nothing but a very small pair of briefs on stage!

If people want (and keep this thread alive) I can post a load of really good doom stuff for people to hear.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's awesome, dude.

Hey, this could be our own little "Doom Heads" thread :lol:

Do you have any MP3's of your band?

Shred Danson 03-03-2005 09:58 AM

[QUOTE=deadinlove]Kyuss
Electric Wizard
Sixty Watt Shaman
Masters Of Reality
[B]Orange Goblin [/B]

:)[/QUOTE]

Orange Goblin is alright.

Any Solace fans?

superpeer 03-03-2005 10:02 AM

Candlemass, Cathedral, Paradise Lost, My Dying Bride, ... :)

Good Stuff.

Shred Danson 03-03-2005 10:05 AM

I think I finally created a good thread...

superpeer 03-03-2005 10:09 AM

Usually these Doom Threads die after a couple of days, though. :(

Shred Danson 03-03-2005 10:13 AM

Ah, we can't let that happen.

We've got Jondur in this thread, he'll keep it alive with his doom expertise.

superpeer 03-03-2005 10:16 AM

So yeah... Anyone like the Melvins?

joe_fresh 03-03-2005 10:17 AM

[QUOTE=Jondur]That new Solitude Aeturnus has been on it's way for well over a year now! Last I heard, Rob Lowe had got over his surgery and had actually recorded some vocal parts! I am very much looking forward to this! In fact I can't wait![/QUOTE]

has it?, could of sworn it hadnt yet come out. Then again i did think this month was may.

Thought of two more, they are bands started by candlemass's bassist: Leif Edling. They are Krux and Abstrakt Algebra, although they are both similar (ish), they are worth trying to find.

The Abstrakt Algebra i would say was the better one, though not by much.

joe_fresh 03-03-2005 10:18 AM

[QUOTE=Superpeer]So yeah... Anyone like the Melvins?[/QUOTE]

love the melvins. Stoner Witch is my favourite album at the moment, and i reckon queen is their best song, his voice his quality on that song

Shred Danson 03-03-2005 10:19 AM

I haven't really given the Melvins a listen.

Kosmos Tree 03-03-2005 10:20 AM

Just listened to Solace in K666 Radio (provided by [url]www.stonerrrock.com[/url] - great online radio if you're into stoner/doom ;) ), i liked it.

I'm really into Stoner Rock like Kyuss, Electric Wizard, Monster Magnet and Sleep.
Does anyone know "dust" from Germany? They are a pretty heavy Doom Band.

Shred Danson 03-03-2005 10:23 AM

Anyone know any good sites to download stoner/doom MP3's (Not like d/l programs or anything, just sites)?

Shred Danson 03-03-2005 10:24 AM

[QUOTE=Kosmos Tree]Just listened to Solace in K666 Radio (provided by [url]www.stonerrrock.com[/url] - great online radio if you're into stoner/doom ;) ), i liked it.

I'm really into Stoner Rock like Kyuss, Electric Wizard, Monster Magnet and Sleep.
Does anyone know "dust" from Germany? They are a pretty heavy Doom Band.[/QUOTE]

My dad got me into Monster Magnet. "God Says No" is a pretty good CD.

Kosmos Tree 03-03-2005 10:27 AM

I prefer the older tunes like "dopes to infinity" or "superjudge", but Monster Magnet is definatly a killer rock band.

If you want to download stuff, check [url]www.stonerrock.com[/url], i believe they have plenty of mp3's there

Phototropic 03-03-2005 10:28 AM

Wow cool dad

I was listening to Powertrip last night

Great band

Their clean guitar tone is incredibley nice

Shred Danson 03-03-2005 10:31 AM

Dopes of Infinity, that's the other one I got.

joe_fresh 03-03-2005 10:32 AM

[QUOTE=InColdBlood]Anyone know any good sites to download stoner/doom MP3's (Not like d/l programs or anything, just sites)?[/QUOTE]

[url]www.doommetal.com[/url], got some full songs, and some clips of songs, althougth not for a wide range of bands.

Shred Danson 03-03-2005 10:33 AM

Cool, thanks.

Jondur 03-03-2005 10:36 AM

[QUOTE=InColdBlood]

Do you have any MP3's of your band?[/QUOTE]

Of course! [url]http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/therivermusic.htm[/url]

We're playing with Orange Goblin too at an all day gig in Kingston in April. Most of the bands are stoner though. There's only us and Cambian Dawn who are really doom (although I haven't seen the fial line-up)

Joe_Fresh: What I meant was that the new SA album was supposed to be out ages ago but its been delayed for over a year!

Hopefully this thread will last a bit longer than the others. I'll have a bit of an uploading frenzy tomorrow and put some classic doom up for everyone to hear. But you've all got to promise to have a listen and feedback.

joe_fresh 03-03-2005 10:39 AM

[QUOTE=Jondur]Of course! [url]http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/therivermusic.htm[/url]

We're playing with Orange Goblin too at an all day gig in Kingston in April. Most of the bands are stoner though. There's only us and Cambian Dawn who are really doom (although I haven't seen the fial line-up)

Joe_Fresh: What I meant was that the new SA album was supposed to be out ages ago but its been delayed for over a year!

Hopefully this thread will last a bit longer than the others. I'll have a bit of an uploading frenzy tomorrow and put some classic doom up for everyone to hear. But you've all got to promise to have a listen and feedback.[/QUOTE]

sweet, sweet and sure

MattyBlade 03-03-2005 10:44 AM

bongzilla and sleep are good stoner/doom bands. The druid is probably my favorite song by sleep

MattyBlade 03-03-2005 10:44 AM

[QUOTE=Jondur]Of course! [url]http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/therivermusic.htm[/url]

Hopefully this thread will last a bit longer than the others. I'll have a bit of an uploading frenzy tomorrow and put some classic doom up for everyone to hear. But you've all got to promise to have a listen and feedback.[/QUOTE]

k-town ontario?

Phototropic 03-03-2005 10:46 AM

Hey man your band's pretty good

*listens and loves*

Jondur 03-03-2005 10:46 AM

Matt: Close and it's not Kingston, Jamaica either. Sorry - it's in England. Basically a suburb of London. I resolve to be more clear from now on.

Glad you liked the track.