Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Punk (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The Official Against Me! Thread (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389805)

rawdog 09-26-2005 05:28 AM

[QUOTE=asbestosuit]It felt like it, but not as much as if I saw them at like the loft last spring(which had a really bad setlist besides those anarcho punks and impact). At places like the chance you cant just go on stage and start singing with them cause the ****ing monkey men bouncers kick you off.

Although one girl did manage to get up there for the last song which I thought was pretty awesome.

So I don't know it all depends on how your feeling when they play. But if we're being completely literal, no, not as intimate. Not as intimate as if say you went to plan-it-x fest when it came to brooklyn, its not gonna be like that anymore.[/QUOTE]
Hmmmm. Next time they come to Australia, I'll judge it myselt, but last time they were great!

lynch_me 09-26-2005 01:50 PM

[QUOTE=Anti-Manifesto]They're playing on Conan on Friday the 30th now.[/QUOTE]
It's being taped on the 26th (tonight) and being played this friday the 30th.

Mute Print 09-26-2005 02:34 PM

I saw these guys last night, as part of the Fat Wreck tour, and they were really awesome. I picked up a t-shirt too.

lynch_me 09-26-2005 02:53 PM

[QUOTE=EmoScreamoPunk]I saw these guys last night, as part of the Fat Wreck tour, and they were really awesome. I picked up a t-shirt too.[/QUOTE]
Good, because you like bad bands.

Mute Print 09-26-2005 03:01 PM

[QUOTE=lynch_me]Good, because you like bad bands.[/QUOTE]
Thanks... :(

I listen to all sorts of music though, so I really have no idea what you're basing that statement on.

lynch_me 09-26-2005 05:45 PM

[QUOTE=EmoScreamoPunk]Thanks... :(

I listen to all sorts of music though, so I really have no idea what you're basing that statement on.[/QUOTE]
Me neither.

asbestosuit 09-26-2005 06:12 PM

Anarcho Poser, do you have anymore clips?? That would be really really awesome. Maybe when they played baby im an anarchist or impact?

Anarcho Poser 09-26-2005 07:44 PM

[QUOTE=asbestosuit]It felt like it, but not as much as if I saw them at like the loft last spring(which had a really bad setlist besides those anarcho punks and impact). At places like the chance you cant just go on stage and start singing with them cause the ****ing monkey men bouncers kick you off.

Although one girl did manage to get up there for the last song which I thought was pretty awesome.

So I don't know it all depends on how your feeling when they play. But if we're being completely literal, no, not as intimate. Not as intimate as if say you went to plan-it-x fest when it came to brooklyn, its not gonna be like that anymore.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the Loft is definately better than the Chance. Other than the venue limitiations, the atmosphere is pretty much the same though, just one big sing-along-dance-party. I think they're getting to be bigger, but I really don't see them becoming Greenday-sized, or even Anti-Flag.

And I might have a few more clips soon, not sure of what songs. I'll post them when I get them.

TheNowhereman42 09-26-2005 08:26 PM

So heres a taste of irony for that last statement

Against Me! will be playing with Greenday in LA on the 8th.
They will be on Late Night with Conan this friday.
They will be interviewed by Fuse on the 4th.
They will be in the next issue of Rolling Stone.

I still love em, but somehow I think when I see them at Fat Tour it just won't feel like it did a year ago when I saw them and The Blood Brothers. I'm seeing more kids at school with shirts & bumper stickers and the like as well.

obese_breasts 09-26-2005 08:33 PM

I don't think they are playing w/ Green Day on the 8th, they have a date for the Fat Tour that night.

TheNowhereman42 09-26-2005 08:39 PM

"will be playing in L.A. with Green Day on October 8th"

quote from a recent Fat Wreck Chords news update

obese_breasts 09-26-2005 09:28 PM

huh

well according to their site they are in Wyoming on the 8th

TheNowhereman42 09-26-2005 09:45 PM

*shrug* Perhaps Greenday is paying for a flight or something, they [I]are[/I] playing LA that day.

Brain Toad 09-26-2005 10:44 PM

I want the official band threads to look more interesting then they do now, so I need your assistance for clever titles. These titles should relate to the band in some way, whether they be songs, albums, lyrics, or quotes. So if you have any ideas, please post them here, and the best idea will be used.

obese_breasts 09-26-2005 10:45 PM

I'd like "Dear Mother, This Is Just Survival"

TheNowhereman42 09-26-2005 10:48 PM

Those Against Me! Threads Are Mysterious.

obese_breasts 09-26-2005 10:49 PM

we already had that for a Community Thread

TheNowhereman42 09-26-2005 10:52 PM

d'amn your right

At least Against Me! is still honest.

Official Threads of Against Me! Make You Strong.

that last one was used for community as well, but I think its the best

Sid 09-27-2005 02:13 AM

Turn those clapping hands into fist-fulls of cash.

SELL OUTZ OMGZ. Don't use that one, I think it was from the AM! board.

TakeWarning 09-27-2005 02:25 AM

[QUOTE=rawdog]Hmmmm. Next time they come to Australia, I'll judge it myselt, but last time they were great![/QUOTE]

When did they come to Australia last?

rawdog 09-27-2005 02:27 AM

[QUOTE=TakeWarning]When did they come to Australia last?[/QUOTE]
September 6th last year. I think it was the 6th. Anyway it was the best show I have ever seen, something about their live show was, hopefully still is, special.

rawdog 09-27-2005 02:28 AM

[QUOTE=Sid]Turn those clapping hands into fist-fulls of cash.

SELL OUTZ OMGZ. Don't use that one, I think it was from the AM! board.[/QUOTE]
What happened to the AM! board. Its gone now and I miss soooo bad:(

TakeWarning 09-27-2005 02:33 AM

[QUOTE=rawdog]September 6th last year. I think it was the 6th. Anyway it was the best show I have ever seen, something about their live show was, hopefully still is, special.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wasn't into them. I hope they come again. Heh, ten bucks says they'll come, but not to Perth.

rawdog 09-27-2005 02:37 AM

[QUOTE=TakeWarning]Yeah, I wasn't into them. I hope they come again. Heh, ten bucks says they'll come, but not to Perth.[/QUOTE]
I dunno, seeings they are 'big' now or getting bigger, I reckon they will, they went to Perth last time, just make sure you go, soooo good last time.

TakeWarning 09-27-2005 02:41 AM

Yeah, I've heard too many good reviews to let the chance of seeing them pass.

rawdog 09-27-2005 02:45 AM

[QUOTE=TakeWarning]Yeah, I've heard too many good reviews to let the chance of seeing them pass.[/QUOTE]
Hahahaha, good.

TakeWarning 09-27-2005 02:48 AM

Where you from in Australia?

rawdog 09-27-2005 02:51 AM

[QUOTE=TakeWarning]Where you from in Australia?[/QUOTE]
Melbourne. And your perth:) I hope they mix up their setlist!

TakeWarning 09-27-2005 02:56 AM

Hahaha yeah.

Her Name in Blood 09-27-2005 06:43 AM

i havnt heard these guys. what are some good tracks that i should listen to???