Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Guitar Equipment (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Digitech Death Metal Pedal (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223959)

joeypalooza 06-22-2005 11:47 PM

Pedals.

My friend gabe me the Digitech Metal Master. i think it is very good. you can get a death metal-esque sound with the Tour of Hell setting. i dont use it that much, i use the X thingy all the way down instead of up(deathmetal).
its pretty good if you ask me. i play stuff like, Black Dahlia Murder, Sonata Arctica, All That Remains, Avenged Sevenfold.

Violentsa 06-23-2005 05:52 AM

Alright, I'm in a pikle here myself... I just love MetallicA and really wanna get that hetfield tone, but i also wanna be able to go Hatebreed-heavy... Until a couple of days ago the two i wanted to decide between were the Metal Master and the Metal Zone... since then i was captivated by the Death Metal and then by the Uber Metal... to be quite honest, the Uber Metal seems just ****ing awesome above the rest, what with the noise gate and all.... there's only one thing i'm concerned about right now, i have a Line 6 Spider 2 amp, and i just don't know whether buyign this pedal is worth it, or wether the Uber Metal will sound just like the distortion on my own amp does....

is anyone out there in the same position as me, or does anyone have any advice?

much appreciated in advance :thumb:

pondlife 06-25-2005 10:21 AM

I have a line 6 spideer 2 and a uber metal pedal, but i bought the pedal to get a decent tone at school were i obviosly cant bring my decent amp.
It sounds lush, loads of think balls shacking bass on the setting i have it on.
Noise gate isnt bad either, pretty use full.
uses up batteries fast though, but so does every thing else.

Id get one if u really want a D. pedal. :)

Violentsa 06-25-2005 11:45 AM

hah, thanks for the reply pondlife :)

since i posted this i've actually gone to the shop and tried it out, and i tried it out next to the boss metal zone and the digi metal master... they didnt have the death metal cause they said it was "too ****" (no offense)... and i have to tell you it was hands down the best out of the three.. the mid and scoop controls got me through so many tonalities with the slightest changes that it made me realize this pedal is just friggin beautiful... i managed to get so many more tones than i can out of my spider... probably because this one is set around the vetta II and some other line 6 as well... the distortion could range from high gain, to just slow rock, from muddy to crisp and clear, and i just fell in love with it right away... i'm gonna order mine tonight off [url]www.musicstore.com[/url] (great shop for europeans)... thanks for the advice :thumb:

pondlife 06-26-2005 09:06 AM

Ur welcome.

Cemetary_Gates 07-24-2005 03:55 PM

Hi,

I know theres a **** load of opinion on the death metal, but i gotta say ive heard the demos on the digitech site, and i love it! Im soon gonna go into my local music shop and try it out, but i just wondered... Would anyone reccommend this pedal for someone who only has a squier stratocaster with the pickups that came with it? I wont have this guitar forever, ive only been playin 7 months or so, but i wanted to know if anyone thinks it would still sound cool with mine, instead of some supercharged emg humbuckers or something lol.

Cheers :thumb:

Whomadewho35 07-27-2005 12:10 PM

[QUOTE=Cemetary_Gates]Hi,

I know theres a **** load of opinion on the death metal, but i gotta say ive heard the demos on the digitech site, and i love it! Im soon gonna go into my local music shop and try it out, but i just wondered... Would anyone reccommend this pedal for someone who only has a squier stratocaster with the pickups that came with it? I wont have this guitar forever, ive only been playin 7 months or so, but i wanted to know if anyone thinks it would still sound cool with mine, instead of some supercharged emg humbuckers or something lol.

Cheers :thumb:[/QUOTE]
yea i got an opinion, AC/DC smokes any band you like. :angry: :angry: :angry:
and the pedal Rocks. :thumb:

bassman9985 08-12-2005 03:52 PM

[QUOTE=moaner]the OD-20 is a much more versatile pedal than the DF7. who gave it 5, total guitar? :lol:[/QUOTE]
What's the OD-20?

I was thinking about getting the DF-7.. change my mind.

kevbud187 08-13-2005 01:00 AM

u cant accpet advice from anyone on here cua everyone is looking for adiffernet sound. Why not go to the store and demo them for yourself instead of looking up threads on forums.

Johnny Five 08-13-2005 11:02 AM

everyone is wrong in this thread.

the best pedal for metal is the damagecontrol demoniser

tube amp distortion>damagecontrol demoniser>everything

kevinlekiller 08-13-2005 03:53 PM

[QUOTE=bassman9985]What's the OD-20?

I was thinking about getting the DF-7.. change my mind.[/QUOTE]

Its a pedal from boss, that emulates all their other boss distortion pedals(and overdrive) also it lets you make your own kind of distortion/overdrive.

[IMG]http://media.zzounds.com/media/brand,zzounds/OD20-7fd0f25144a003f637e2ec6a4a34e13a.jpg[/IMG]

TehSakkredFlame 09-09-2005 11:44 PM

I have read up on most of those pedals you've mentioned, and they are in the September '05 Guitar World ("Distortion Pedal Blowout!!!")
Here are some basic gists, directly out of the mag:
Digitech Death Metal: Good EQ, Rather dark tone.
Digitech Grunge: Lots of signal boost, Solid-state sound, kinda harsh.
Line 6 Uber Metal (my personal fave): Wide variety of tones, great sound, drains batteries fast (about 1 hour), wimpy knobs.
Rocktron Zombie: for Rectified distortion sound, tone = awesome, only 100 bucks.
Danelectro Fab Metal: name may sound gay, but it sounds great for only costing 20 bucks, solid-statey sound, good signal boost, no mid scoop.

There, see if that solves your petty disputes.

powerslave_565 09-22-2005 07:27 PM

Metal Master is the way to go :thumb:

TehSakkredFlame 10-09-2005 07:57 PM

My screamer has a Metal Master, and it wasn't versatile enough for my tastes. I favor my amp's distortion over it, simply because the "Morph" control didn't change the sound enough, or something. Next practice, tho, I'm gonna try it again, just to see if my opinion changes any.

P.S. the Danelectro is on sale at Guitar Center for 15.

JonnyboyM151 10-11-2005 02:15 PM

this pedal has no gain dial, no?

therefore it is useless, no? By moaner

Dude you are right. But both suck.
THe boss only has one model

get the Digitech Metal Madness or wahtever it's called it has that and like every other metal tone :wave: :) :naughty: ;) :amaze: :wave: :angry: :p :amaze: :wave:

Cowboy from hell 10-20-2005 07:44 AM

Yea i got this pedal and i gety a really nice clean distortion out of it... it was apain getting it to what i wanted without the feedback... (that was a bitch) but now i get a great clean distortion (if you know what i mean)(its also helped by the evolution pu in my bridge) sweet

that one guitar guy 10-21-2005 11:28 PM

it sucks ass

Chaz S 11-19-2005 01:58 PM

[QUOTE=Candiria92]The Metal Master is one of if not the best distortion pedal you can buy, but if the Death Metal Pedal is as good as he says it is you could probably go with that because its only like 40 or 50 bucks.[/QUOTE]

I hate that ****ing thing. My former guitarist/now vocalist has one. Sounds digital as ****. It sounds ****ty and it gives the appearance of talent. My friend doesn't fret his power chords all the way and you can't even tell, until you turn off the distortion and want to hit him in the face. If you suck, need to cover it up, and like ****ty distortion, this is the pedal for you.

Chaz S 11-19-2005 01:58 PM

Thats looks horrible with the stars and whatnot.

Cool Beans 11-20-2005 07:31 AM

I liked the Death Metal but -

Line 6 Uber Metal >> Digitech Death Metal

TehSakkredFlame 01-01-2006 10:38 PM

I have to agree, I demoed an Uber Metal at a GC with a Randy Rhodes Sig. model Jackson, and the thing sounded just sweet. It has to be one of the most versatile metal distortions I've had the pleasure of playing.

onion540 01-02-2006 08:57 AM

[QUOTE=Violentsa]Alright, I'm in a pikle here myself... I just love MetallicA and really wanna get that hetfield tone, but i also wanna be able to go Hatebreed-heavy... Until a couple of days ago the two i wanted to decide between were the Metal Master and the Metal Zone... since then i was captivated by the Death Metal and then by the Uber Metal... to be quite honest, the Uber Metal seems just ****ing awesome above the rest, what with the noise gate and all.... there's only one thing i'm concerned about right now, i have a Line 6 Spider 2 amp, and i just don't know whether buyign this pedal is worth it, or wether the Uber Metal will sound just like the distortion on my own amp does....

is anyone out there in the same position as me, or does anyone have any advice?

much appreciated in advance :thumb:[/QUOTE]

the sounds are different than on the amp but like thw other guy said the whole sound of it is brilliant but it can eat batterys in about 3 hours =/

UIS2UI 01-02-2006 09:27 AM

anyone interested in buying a metal master…???

ozzfest05 01-14-2006 11:23 PM

k people .. ITs easy METAL ZONE IS ****, i bought it as my first pedal cause its what someone who doesnt know **** about guitar pedals buy, LINE 6 UBER METAL is the way to go, pfff , some people,,

SkyCameFalling 01-15-2006 01:15 AM

how about...

putting your amp on that "overdrive" channel, and turning that knob up? and tweaking the EQ? that seems to work fine. pedals are junk, all of them.

onion540 01-25-2006 03:06 AM

the uber metal does drain batteries but if you get a power adapter thing that you plug in then it saves you the trouble of getting loads of batteries only costs about £7 and it beats the metal zone my friend has one and it can sound nice but it takes ages to get the tone to sound good

dual rec 02-05-2006 09:11 PM

just buy a head with good dustortion so you dont have to get a 40dollar pedal

HNLzero 02-05-2006 09:40 PM

Line6 Uber Metal

superpeer 02-06-2006 08:14 AM

Boss metal zone is better than this, this sounds grim, though. Good for darkthrone like distortion.

TTTSNB 02-06-2006 08:29 AM

I am not a guitar player, but my guitarist used to use a Digatech Death Metal pedal, and I'm telling you, that pedal is TERRIBLE. It gives far too much distortion, and its eq settings don't help very much. He's since switched to a Line 6 Uber Metal, and I've noticed a huge improvement in tone.