Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Guitar (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Rules + Reporting stuff is fun too y'know (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497980)

(*The Noonward Race*) 10-22-2006 09:21 PM

[QUOTE=Aes820;13491284]I figured that one thread where Amit uses facetious tactis to try to make his point was enough.[/QUOTE]
No man that thread was pretty straight forward.

Irish_Scorpion 10-22-2006 10:21 PM

dave if be misbehavin'gin yooz gunna getsit

chromatica17 10-23-2006 02:29 AM

john peel foxhunter needs to be band as soon as possible

Eliminator 10-23-2006 05:35 AM

[url]http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=444694&page=4[/url]

I caught some stuff there but I scrolled up as quickly as possible.

Hate Crew Deathroll 10-23-2006 09:29 AM

For the love of god, can someone ban acid bath PLEASE!

[URL]http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/member2.php?u=239140[/URL]

Esp Griffyn 10-23-2006 10:27 AM

[url]http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/member2.php?u=239140[/url]

Could we maybe get this Acid Bath douche banned?

The_Mop 10-23-2006 05:36 PM

Yeah, Acidbath needs bann'n

Hate Crew Deathroll 10-23-2006 06:01 PM

Why is he not banned yet!!

:( :upset:

thickasabrick 10-23-2006 09:13 PM

I do not mean to spam this thread and I don't want to get banned, but Hate Crew Deathroll: I believe you are displaying the "whinage" that Aes was not looking forward to. They'll ban Acid Bath when they want to.

Hate Crew Deathroll 10-24-2006 12:06 AM

[quote=thickasabrick;13497821]I do not mean to spam this thread and I don't want to get banned, but Hate Crew Deathroll: I believe you are displaying the "whinage" that Aes was not looking forward to. They'll ban Acid Bath when they want to.[/quote]

Sorry. But they should know by now, Acid Bath = trouble.

reccaoconnor 10-24-2006 05:57 AM

[QUOTE=thickasabrick;13497821]I do not mean to spam this thread and I don't want to get banned, but Hate Crew Deathroll: I believe you are displaying the "whinage" that Aes was not looking forward to. They'll ban Acid Bath when they want to.[/QUOTE]

and this comes off as more of an ignorant whiny suckup than anything else. plus, my post only shows you how annoying posts like these are. sorry, mods. i'm done here.

RedLobsterCult 10-24-2006 04:14 PM

[QUOTE=reccaoconnor;13499803]and this comes off as more of an ignorant whiny suckup than anything else. plus, my post only shows you how annoying posts like these are. sorry, mods. i'm done here.[/QUOTE]

FATALITY

Royd Rage 10-24-2006 05:16 PM

hey can this double as a ask the mods thread too?

can this be reopened: [url]http://sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=463171[/url]

in the youtube frenzy thread a few people said we should put our own videos in a thread and that's what this was.

porchmonkey4life 10-24-2006 05:24 PM

roy, ill just post it again, that cool?

EDIT:and fix the URL things

Royd Rage 10-24-2006 05:27 PM

yeah that's cool :D

whoa i didn't see that.

all the url links are gone.

son of a bitch.

...oh yeah i know why it would be like. the internet link feature was taken out.

repcak 10-25-2006 03:54 AM

@Mods:

the R&M changes all the official band threads and we all know that the guitar forum is not the best;
what do you think if we make official threads in the Guitar forum? we can make a big sweeping, legato, tapping, etc. thread and have a few big ones, instead of all the 10sweeping threads each day?

JoshIsNumber3 10-25-2006 08:38 AM

Those work in theory I suppose, but when it comes to application, they'll work like the official setup thread, a few good pages, and then a million pages of idiocy.

The Black Fist 10-25-2006 11:37 AM

[QUOTE=JoshIsNumber3;13506619]Those work in theory I suppose, but when it comes to application, they'll work like the official setup thread, a few good pages, and then a million pages of idiocy.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, as well as a pile of bannings to be handed out for some new kid who didn't see the 'official legato thread' that was four pages back. I personally don't like what R&M are doing with the twenty 'official' threads.

And really, have you seen the topics of threads in Guitar? You'd need about three official threads and then there'd never be any new threads ever again.

repcak 10-25-2006 01:36 PM

but i only mean some few official threads... if you want Black Fist make a thread of how we can make the guitar forum better! and discuss about it... maybe we will find a way what we can do...

i thought only about guitar-technique-official-threads like sweeping, tapping, legato, difficult special rhythm and something like that. that would be only 3-5 official ones and everything else will stay as it is...
it would be better for those who ask, cause the good guitar players will visit f.e. the sweeping thread often and will know how to help.

if now someone ask something 80% will only post "practise" - that doesn't help

DarkEyed19 10-25-2006 01:37 PM

What??:smash:

cadencethefire 10-25-2006 04:31 PM

quite the long title lol. Nice rules, They're simple and to the point.

The Black Fist 10-25-2006 06:23 PM

[QUOTE=repcak;13507467]but i only mean some few official threads... if you want Black Fist make a thread of how we can make the guitar forum better! and discuss about it... maybe we will find a way what we can do...

i thought only about guitar-technique-official-threads like sweeping, tapping, legato, difficult special rhythm and something like that. that would be only 3-5 official ones and everything else will stay as it is...
it would be better for those who ask, cause the good guitar players will visit f.e. the sweeping thread often and will know how to help.

if now someone ask something 80% will only post "practise" - that doesn't help[/QUOTE]

Again, it works in theory, but never turns out well in practice. The 'good guitar players' will visit the thread a few times, then get sick of the same question over and over and over again and either bail or start being pricks. And, really- Most of the time when someone asks a question about how to sweep better or something, the answer [i]is[/i] "practice".

Hate Crew Deathroll 10-25-2006 07:16 PM

I think closing the Metallica thread was so fukking stupid. Does he think he's going to improve it now he's closed all the official threads or something. :rolleyes:

Amit 10-25-2006 09:50 PM

Well, seeing that he did it then yes it would seem he thinks it will improve it :-\

Hate Crew Deathroll 10-25-2006 10:09 PM

Well he's wrong.

Go create a shred discussion fred.

Left Face Down 10-26-2006 02:24 AM

Artnold is advertising, and it seems that's all they're here for:
[url]http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=498508[/url]

Royd Rage 10-26-2006 02:47 AM

in agreement with repack,i think there should be more official threads.

no one can miss them if you sticky them and any threads made concerning the subjects can be told about the official threads than erased. also we can have a thread that shows all the official threads to anyone who is new....or this thread can merge that info in and also be the problem and rules thread.

the guitar forum is a mess and i don't understand just leaving it that way. everytime someone comes up with the idea you say it doesn't work...but what is going on right now doesn't work either.

all different types of threads can be made.

we could do a thread for new purchases or a thread just for music or videos. an essay thread about a guitar related subjects. we could bring the featured artist thread back...i really liked it. what about threads for different genres of guitar that people want to learn? and don't you say that is what the lessons forum is for,the lessons forum is dead. the idea for a common questions thread has come up several times...all i hear is it won't work. what harm will it do? the forum is already a pile of sh[SIZE="2"]i[/SIZE]t.

if you mods don't want to do it there are other people here who will. all you have to do is let them try and make it work. you don't have to do sh[SIZE="2"]i[/SIZE]t.so you will have to clean up a few messes...that is your job anyway isn't it?

you have good users here who want to make the forum better but if you keep turning them down at everyturn than eventually they will leave and you will be left with all the ****ty ones. than how much fun will the forum be?

mutant! 10-26-2006 03:04 AM

Roy, one point I have to make in rebuttal is that I know I, as a casual user, have a tendency to skip over "sticky" thread titles, assuming that they involve posting rules and stuff like that that I already know. So other similarly casual users might do the same; which would only result in a bunch of bannings and tunings and whatnot for noobs who don't see the stickies.

Royd Rage 10-26-2006 03:16 AM

thing is i could see if this was a new concept but it isn't. the stickied threads worked fine before. nothing went wrong with them. chad just erased them and than no one cared to put them back. jesus christ i have to agree with amit...it's seems everyone just wants to whore thier gear now. no one wants to try to make this a forum with some intelligence invovled.

it reminds me of when is wa in the medieval fantasy society in college. so many ideas were rejected cause no one wanted to do anything. in the end they just sat around talking about the same stuff over and over.

repcak 10-26-2006 05:00 AM

i agree with you roy... good statement.

but i don't think it has to be stickied... it will work normal too, but at least one stickied thread with all the links to the official ones.