Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archives (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Protesters crash US soldiers funeral, telling the soldiers mother that he is going to (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=446806)

6stringslinger 02-24-2006 12:15 PM

Protesters crash US soldiers funeral, telling the soldiers mother that he is going to

hell.

Rather disturbing and shocking story on CNN.

A mother was burying her son, a soldier killed in Afghanistan. A group of "funeral protesters" yelled and porotested the funeral shouting out that her son was going to hell.

The mother went up to the protesters shook thier hand and just asked them to leave and they continued to yell and tell her her son was going to hell.

The story was on CNN thursday.

[url]http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/4654421/detail.html[/url]

[url]http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/usworld/news-article.aspx?storyid=50464[/url]

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,184623,00.html[/url]

WASHINGTON — It was a typical scenario for the Westboro Baptist Church — another demonstration outside the funeral of a soldier killed in Iraq. This time the venue was Meadowood Baptist Church in Midwest City, Okla., noted a full rundown of the event recorded later by church members on their Web site.

The signs held by members that Feb. 2 were dutifully noted on the church's web-journal:[B] "Steve held 'Thank God for Dead Soldiers,' 'You're Going to Hell' [/B]and 'Fags Doom Nations' while Shirl held 'America is Doomed,' 'God is America's Terror' and 'Don't Worship the Dead' with a flag tied around her waist

RouteOne 02-24-2006 12:16 PM

Those bastards.

spitfirejunky 02-24-2006 12:27 PM

I could put my submachine-gun to good use there.

Chrysostom 02-24-2006 12:30 PM

Well, that was totally unnecessary. Whether they supported the war or not, they should respect the dead.

spitfirejunky 02-24-2006 12:47 PM

What I'm trying to figure out is exactly why they're doing this. Don't they understand that they're putting their cause and reputation to waste by doing retarded s[size=2]h[/size]it like this?

italic zero 02-24-2006 12:50 PM

This is the Fred Phelps group. They never had a cause or reputation.

RouteOne 02-24-2006 12:52 PM

Really though, what inspires idiots like these to do this?

BladePaladin 02-24-2006 12:58 PM

they're communist hippies (just kidding, my ex was a hippie) but honestly, they're stupid mother fu*kers, give me about 5 minutes in a room alone with all of them and they'll be singin a different tune when they come out.

spitfirejunky 02-24-2006 01:00 PM

^ They'll probably just roar back at you incoherently. And when I say roar, I mean they'll literally roar 'cause that's the pinnacle of their understanding of the English language.

The_Passenger 02-24-2006 01:02 PM

Ha, I knew that this was Phelps just by reading the title. That guy seriosuly needs to shut up. How one guy can be such a complete a[SIZE=2]s[/SIZE]shole is beyond me. The beahivour of him and his group is completely unnecessary.

Plus I agree with Med. The media needs to stop covering these guys. If everyone ignored them they'd go away and leave everyone in peace.

WhoDidTheElf 02-24-2006 01:07 PM

For the war or againts at least have some decency and let them be burried in peace.

RouteOne 02-24-2006 01:11 PM

I just checked out the photos on his website.....how the hell does that moron get that many supporters?

WhoDidTheElf 02-24-2006 01:15 PM

It appeals to some people.

RouteOne 02-24-2006 01:16 PM

And they all have mental deficiencies.

WhoDidTheElf 02-24-2006 01:21 PM

/really reason why I think retards shouldn't reproduce.

Hababi 02-24-2006 01:30 PM

[QUOTE]
/really reason why I think retards shouldn't reproduce.
[/QUOTE]

I bet there's some inbreeding going on there, too.

At least Fred Phelps will probably die in the not too distant future...

Chrysostom 02-24-2006 01:34 PM

[QUOTE=Route 1]Really though, what inspires idiots like these to do this?[/QUOTE]

That'll be odd religious convictions.

Yield 02-24-2006 05:20 PM

People like that can go to hell. It's like this, people misinterpret the Bible so much. It says somewhere in the Bible that being homosexual is bad, but not a sin. But what is also in the Bible is you are supposed to love everyone, even your enemies. Those bastards saw the first thing I said and skipped the second.

Squirellmeister 02-25-2006 06:53 AM

Also why does it matter to them that her son is going to hell?

Amit 02-25-2006 07:45 AM

[QUOTE=Route 1]I just checked out the photos on his website.....how the hell does that moron get that many supporters?[/QUOTE]

same reason why there's so many fans of metal bands with [size=2]f[/size]ucked up lyrics

fermented offal discharge i mean come on

neal_672 02-25-2006 09:30 AM

[QUOTE=Med57]I don't understand how you can be so full of hatred as these people who are actually part of this lunatic cult are. They're so far removed from anything that could be considered Christian that it's incredible, and as far as I can tell exist for no purpose but to cause the maximum amount of hurt, pain and insult as they possibly can. I couldn't care less if you supported the war or not, if you think it's a good thing that someone died, then it's basic human decency to stay away from the funeral. Also I wish the press would stop covering them so much. Everyone knows that they're retarded, but they get so much recognition in the press and I can't see what the purpose of it is.[/QUOTE]

I don't think i've ever disagreed with anything you'v ever said. As such i agree completely :thumb:

These people believe they're the righteous, when in fact they're exactly the opposite to Jesus Christ who they claim to follow. Quite sad really.

Syncratic 02-25-2006 09:43 AM

Honestly.

These people don't believe in a specific cause. They only exist to annoy, disrespect, and totally dismantle the idea of human decency.

I'd love to see somebody such as them at their own loved one's funeral, gie them a taste of their own disgusting lunacy.

The_Passenger 02-25-2006 09:50 AM

[QUOTE=Maynard James Keenan]
I'd love to see somebody such as them at their own loved one's funeral, gie them a taste of their own disgusting lunacy.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen at Phelps' funeral, which given his age, shouldn't be too far down the road.

Syncratic 02-25-2006 09:51 AM

I see.

Knowing this, it is probably set into a plan of some sort to do that.

Atomic Rain 02-25-2006 09:53 AM

Jesus will reward them in the afterlife for being bloody awkward and rude, i'm sure.

OR NOT

Steerpike 02-25-2006 10:10 AM

I'm just waiting for the point where they do one of these protests and someone just punches Phelps right the f[size=2]u[/size]ck out.

He and his little cult hopefully won't last too much longer. As soon as he kicks, it should be the beginning of the end. For the most part, these people are so horrifyingly stupid they couldn't find their [size=2]a[/size]sses with both hands and a flashlight.

What I can't wrap my mind around is just how far one must divorce oneself from reality in order to buy into crap like this.

StrangelyBrewed13 02-25-2006 11:21 AM

Thats pretty bad. I may not be in support of the war, but you should at least respect the dead, its not the soldiers who they should be yellin at.

Steerpike 02-25-2006 12:31 PM

The thing is, they're not even protesting the war. They're just shoving their hatemongering down people's throats.

mcmurray 02-25-2006 12:37 PM

[QUOTE=6stringslinger]
The signs held by members that Feb. 2 were dutifully noted on the church's web-journal:[B] "Steve held 'Thank God for Dead Soldiers,' 'You're Going to Hell' [/B]and 'Fags Doom Nations' while Shirl held 'America is Doomed,' 'God is America's Terror' and 'Don't Worship the Dead' with a flag tied around her waist[/QUOTE]
I hate people like that. I really do.

Squirellmeister 02-25-2006 01:39 PM

I had never heard of Fred Phelps before, but I decided to read up on him. And all I can say is I hope he dies soon. Very soon.