Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Punk (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The Official Clash & Joe Strummer Thread (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304613)

Canadian-Guy 05-28-2005 09:03 PM

[QUOTE=white_riot]Card Cheat is a cool song. Someone said that its the theme song for the World Poker Championship.[/QUOTE]

Haha, that'd be cool.

I have no beef with pot smokers, but in this golden age of information, you'd have to be f[COLOR=White]u[/COLOR]cking nuts to pick up a cigarette. My aunt just died of emphysema, so I'm pretty opinionated about it.

CombatRock 05-28-2005 11:28 PM

yea, pots meeeh preety bad, but cigarette is just plain dumb. i dont see why anyone would do it. but this is a clash thread not a drug discussion thread so back on topic.

white_riot 05-28-2005 11:44 PM

I really have to learn how to play Tommy Gun on guitar, i love it.

gude 05-29-2005 06:27 AM

I didnīt read the whole thread, but does anybody know the Johnny Cash/ Joe Strummer cover of Bob Marleys "Redemption Song"?
That is pretty amazing!!

sketchyjoe 05-29-2005 09:32 AM

[QUOTE=gude]I didnīt read the whole thread, but does anybody know the Johnny Cash/ Joe Strummer cover of Bob Marleys "Redemption Song"?
That is pretty amazing!![/QUOTE]
No. No-one does. It doesn't exist. You're lying.

Coma_Girl 05-29-2005 10:21 AM

ohhh we need to keep this thread alive.

if you had one chance to meet Joe, what would you tell him?

sketchyjoe 05-29-2005 10:25 AM

Hey dude, I like your music.

CombatRock 05-29-2005 12:36 PM

[QUOTE=Coma_Girl]ohhh we need to keep this thread alive.

if you had one chance to meet Joe, what would you tell him?[/QUOTE]

I would probley be one of those little teen girls seeing backstreet boys not know what to say. i would probley just talk about his music and stuff. but it will never happen so....haha.

white_riot 05-29-2005 02:19 PM

[QUOTE]ohhh we need to keep this thread alive.

if you had one chance to meet Joe, what would you tell him?[/QUOTE]

I think I would just say thankyou and tell him how he has influenced me. I hate when people meet their idols and they start crying and jump around and act like a fool. That annoys me.

Punx18 05-29-2005 04:02 PM

The first thing i'd say would be thanks without joe i'd probally have never picked up the guitar. The ammount of people he has influcnced is amazin. I dont think there is anyone i'd ever want to meet more than joe, its such a shame! RIP man.

Anyone got the new Viva Joe Strummer DVD?

Coma_Girl 05-29-2005 04:03 PM

I'd probably say something stupid cause I always say stupid things. I'd probably try to say something about all the things his music made me realize, but I'd forget all my english and look stupid. But I think I'd like to talk politics and music with him. This guy lived so many things, I'm sure he had interesting stories to tell.

And yesterday I was listening to the meskies and I started to think about how I missed their show in Montreal in 2001 and I think I'll regret it all my life. I know I wasnt listening to the meskies back then, but ****, I regret it anyway.

Punx18 05-29-2005 04:24 PM

Mescaleros were touring near me, this is before i got into them, but i like coma think that i'm going to regret that all my life! does anyone know were joe was burried if he was at all?

CombatRock 05-29-2005 04:31 PM

i acttaly wouldnt talk bout politics with him, that would be boring i would want to talk about him his life family. i think he is tired of talking about poltics.

Coma_Girl 05-29-2005 04:32 PM

[QUOTE=Punx18]Mescaleros were touring near me, this is before i got into them, but i like coma think that i'm going to regret that all my life! does anyone know were joe was burried if he was at all?[/QUOTE]
hmm...i dont know. I read something about Joe's daugther screaming "DONT YOU PISS ON MY DADS GRAVE" (so theres a grave somewhere) to a guy at a festival. Maybe Somerset (but again, i have no idea if it's a town or a state or whatever cause I'm stupid), that's where he lived when he died.

I dont think Joe would like all the attention, but he should have his own (insert the word I don't know in english here.statue?you know...like Johnny Ramone). It would be cool for us.

Coma_Girl 05-29-2005 04:33 PM

[QUOTE=combatrock*bass]i acttaly wouldnt talk bout politics with him, that would be boring i would want to talk about him his life family. i think he is tired of talking about poltics.[/QUOTE]
i dont see how talking politics with Joe Strummer could be boring, really

Punx18 05-29-2005 05:20 PM

he was buried in Saint Martin's Church in London. thanks to the slightly weird site [url]http://www.findagrave.com[/url]

Canadian-Guy 05-29-2005 06:59 PM

[QUOTE=gude]I didnīt read the whole thread, but does anybody know the Johnny Cash/ Joe Strummer cover of Bob Marleys "Redemption Song"?
That is pretty amazing!![/QUOTE]

It's great.

Canadian-Guy 05-29-2005 07:00 PM

[QUOTE=Coma_Girl]i dont see how talking politics with Joe Strummer could be boring, really[/QUOTE]

I don't see how talking to Joe would be boring at all. Dammit, he needs to have not died :upset:

Coma_Girl 05-29-2005 07:35 PM

[QUOTE=Canadian-Guy]I don't see how talking to Joe would be boring at all. Dammit, he needs to have not died :upset:[/QUOTE]
listen to the mescaleros before going to bed. :thumb: everytime I do that, Joe is in my dreams. So it's like meeting him but without being all stupid.

and now that I think about it, it's weird. I'm sure there's something in their music that makes people have weird dream.

TheNowhereman42 05-29-2005 07:41 PM

its the trace amounts of LSD excreted from the soundwaves the cd produces

Coma_Girl 05-29-2005 07:46 PM

friday night, i had a dream where I was late for my english class, and I took the wrong stairs and I was at this store where I met Chad from New Found Glory. He told me they were playing with the meskies, and I watched their set and decided to go back to my classroom cause I was really late. When I got there, Joe was my english teacher and they were playing Gamma Ray in my classroom. It was kinda cool though it was the kind of dream where you can't really see where you're going cause there's like...too much light or something and you always feel like you forgot something.

CombatRock 05-29-2005 08:30 PM

you have the craziest dreams, im yet to have a dream about the clash.

Forest_Fire 05-29-2005 09:03 PM

Saw Flogging Molly. Amazing.

They talked about Joe for a second and had everybody clap for him. I think they do that at every show. Before Flogging Molly played, there was a mix playing. Operation Ivy came on and about 3/4 of the people sang along. Rancid came on and about the same sang along. London Calling started played and only about 10 people sang along. It was sad.

But then Johnny Cash came on, the lights went out, and everybody sang along. Much fun.

But the main point of this post was about the Joe thing and the Clash thing. (on topic) :)

CombatRock 05-29-2005 09:06 PM

did you sing along to the clash!

Forest_Fire 05-29-2005 09:10 PM

kind of.

It was annoying as hell though, because there was a 7 foot tall drunk guy in front of me. He beat the s'hit out of another drunk guy during the set.

Canadian-Guy 05-29-2005 09:15 PM

I wish I could have Clash dreams!

TNT 05-29-2005 11:08 PM

Strummer owns.

CombatRock 05-29-2005 11:11 PM

nice to see you made your first post in the best thread ever. welcome.

Brain Toad 05-29-2005 11:20 PM

NP: The Clash - Look Here

CombatRock 05-29-2005 11:22 PM

what?