Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Punk (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Band Profile: NOFX- Pop-Punk Must Know Number Three (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362709)

dropkickstreetpunk 07-09-2005 02:35 PM

awesome band, awesome profile. i've been getting into them a lot lately. i downloaded a song and theyre like "why did hitler commit suiciede, caues he got the gas bill".

Angry Balled Fists! 07-09-2005 02:35 PM

Love them.

James your amazing.

Rise Me Up 07-09-2005 02:37 PM

N[B]o[/B]FX is a good band,though I feel they are overrated by a long shot. I love pump up the valuum.

Cyco_Vision 07-09-2005 02:40 PM

[QUOTE=chairman_of_the_board]N[B]o[/B]FX is a good band,though I feel they are overrated by a long shot. I love pump up the valuum.[/QUOTE]
Overrated? The credit they get is deserved. They've been around for over 20 years and have created a modern punk/pop-punk sound. They are very talented.

Twat_Out_Of_Hell 07-09-2005 02:44 PM

[QUOTE=Rancid Dan]Love them.

James your amazing.[/QUOTE]

cheers :smoke:

[QUOTE=Cyco_Vision]Overrated? The credit they get is deserved. They've been around for over 20 years and have created a modern punk/pop-punk sound. They are very talented.[/QUOTE]

yeah. i think too often when people think of nofx they refuse to look past other things such as punkvoter etc.

Which is annoying.

ThisUserIsAPipebomb 07-09-2005 02:45 PM

Dinosaurs Will Die is probably my favorite song, closely followed by Reagan Sucks.

45 or 46 Songs that Weren't Good Enough for any of Our Other Records is probably my favorite album.

albert_bass 07-09-2005 04:01 PM

[QUOTE=Twat_Out_Of_Hell]yeah. i think too often when people think of nofx they refuse to look past other things such as punkvoter etc.

Which is annoying.[/QUOTE]

Truthful post. It's a shame.

POINTLESS5448 07-09-2005 04:37 PM

i used to be in love with nofx. i still like them jsut not as much.
and uh, what happens if fat mike loses alot of weight and isnt fat anymore?

Aeaon 07-09-2005 04:50 PM

Maybe if NOFX didn't write stupid songs about clams and vaginas, I'd probably listen to them.

<---NoFX---> 07-09-2005 05:56 PM

Fat Mike didn't used to be fat

NoFX are amazing, who would have guessed that I like em? The Decline is their best song IMO, also The Malachi Crunch, Stickin' in my Eye and a whole shi't load of others.

I used to think that White Trash was their best album but recently I've been leaning toward So Long...

Edit: I forgot to check the quote box :upset:

Cyco_Vision 07-09-2005 06:03 PM

[QUOTE=Aeaon]Maybe if NOFX didn't write stupid songs about clams and vaginas, I'd probably listen to them.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, what was "The Decline" about? Gun control? Yeah, they were probably just joking around when they wrote that. Same as the others.

Kickflip_Burrito 07-09-2005 07:25 PM

I only got into NOFX last week and I must say, I'm very impressed. I prefer their heavy, faster songs as opposed to their poppy songs (e.g. Party Enema). I love :
Dinosaurs Will Die
Whats the Matter with Kids Today
Its my Job to Keep Punk Rock Elite
Green Corn
The Separation of Church and Skate

BoyOnFire 07-09-2005 07:36 PM

One of my first bands getting into punk, I think they're great. As for good songs off of Errorism, I personally liked We Got Two Jealous Agains a lot, and 13 Stitches was good for a while. But there were a lot of mediocre songs on that album.

Great profile.

Twat_Out_Of_Hell 07-10-2005 04:03 AM

[QUOTE=Aeaon]Maybe if NOFX didn't write stupid songs about clams and vaginas, I'd probably listen to them.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Cyco_Vision]Yeah, what was "The Decline" about? Gun control? Yeah, they were probably just joking around when they wrote that. Same as the others.[/QUOTE]

And the story about Mike being called Fat was not due to him necesserily being fat, it was that after he spent his first year at coleege in SF he'd gone from a skinny guy to a more rounded guy, which looked like a massive difference.

Angry Balled Fists! 07-10-2005 04:30 AM

James deserves at least one lot of Rep from all of these, if he hasen't already.

Majorthreat889 07-10-2005 09:31 AM

[QUOTE=ThievesandBastards]

45 or 46 Songs that Weren't Good Enough for any of Our Other Records is probably my favorite album.[/QUOTE]
Yeah thats mine too its so funny

Majorthreat889 07-10-2005 09:31 AM

my vagina is my favorite song

noflags 07-10-2005 09:56 AM

i think the decline is their best song!
also separation of church and skate and war on errorism are pretty good (off the new one)

TakeWarning 07-10-2005 10:01 AM

[QUOTE=ThievesandBastards]45 or 46 Songs that Weren't Good Enough for any of Our Other Records is probably my favorite album.[/QUOTE]

That album is indeed rather humurous, but they muck around so much it's just not fun to listen to.

gollum_s 07-10-2005 10:20 AM

i think tah whit the decline they prove to every one they werre the best

It's a very punk band

skateMASTERbater2 07-10-2005 11:35 AM

[QUOTE=gollum_s]i think tah whit the decline they prove to every one they werre the best

It's a very punk band[/QUOTE]
what?

tolazy4aname 07-10-2005 11:47 AM

bob= best ****ing song EVER

nEwYoRkHaRdCoRe--- 07-11-2005 02:39 AM

NOFX are awesome!! I have Punk in Drublic, White trash, their split with Rancid, War On Errorism, and Liberal Animation... Believe it or not, Liberal Animation is probably my favourite one out of them because the songs are more raw and old-school sounding.. my favourite songs are probably Here comes the neighborhood from Liberal animation, Perfect government from Punk in Drublic, and B0B from White Trash..

Jev 07-11-2005 03:31 AM

[QUOTE=tolazy4aname]bob= best ****ing song EVER[/QUOTE]
We changed the lyrics to Bob because the song seemed so fitting about our ex-guitarist.

noflags 07-14-2005 09:40 PM

...cool...
:s

Rockafella 07-15-2005 07:08 AM

[QUOTE=skateMASTERbater2]you better delete the post before someone calls the punk police :eek:

It's the best song off the war on errorism, the rest is really weak.[/QUOTE]
Actually I would say the opposite. I admit that War On Errorism was a weak album, but there are several songs on the album that are better than Franco Un-American. Medio-core is by far the best on the album IMO.

Twat_Out_Of_Hell 07-18-2005 07:03 AM

I'm just listening to The Longest Line EP. Death Of John Smith is a great song, fantastic bass

Kif 07-18-2005 07:15 AM

I like a lot of their older stuff, especially [WT,THAAB[/i]. I think a lot of their stuff is overated and similar, but I can listen to it without barfing or anything

[I]PUTV[/i] and [i]WOE[/i] were a lot more poppier, so I liked them quite a bit. I suppose it's just an opinion of taste really

Great profile man, lots of details and recommended songs. You should do these for the pop-punk forum about punk bands, I know I'd read them and check them out

afireinside336 07-18-2005 07:23 AM

[QUOTE]Band Profile: NOFX- Pop-Punk Must Know Number Three [/QUOTE]
shouldn't this be in the pop-punk forum.

Twat_Out_Of_Hell 07-18-2005 07:31 AM

[QUOTE=Kif]
Great profile man, lots of details and recommended songs. You should do these for the pop-punk forum about punk bands, I know I'd read them and check them out[/QUOTE]

that's a good idea actually, yeah i might try and do a few of those

[QUOTE=afireinside336]shouldn't this be in the pop-punk forum.[/QUOTE]

no.