Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archives (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Guns N' Roses??? (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303390)

BeaZ 02-17-2005 03:31 AM

Guns N' Roses???

This isn't another thread about 'Chinese Democracy.'

I am a really big Gn'R fan, 2nd favourite band in fact :thumb: I love there style, especially Slash! :) and I would like to know of similar bands... Can anyone help?

ArcLite 02-17-2005 03:36 AM

[QUOTE=BeaZ]This isn't another thread about 'Chinese Democracy.'

I am a really big Gn'R fan, 2nd favourite band in fact :thumb: I love there style, especially Slash! :) and I would like to know of similar bands... Can anyone help?[/QUOTE]

Probably should be in the Music Recommendation thread, but oh well. I'm a big GnR fan too. A similar band I like is Skid Row. Sebastian Bach is a great singer and they have some really good tunes. Some good songs are Monkey Business, Youth Gone Wild, and Big Guns. I guess you might like some Motley Crue also.

BeaZ 02-17-2005 03:39 AM

I recently bought 2 Skid Row albums, they are really good! I got s/t and Slave to the Grind.. I've heard about Motley Crue but never actually got any of there stuff...

Sorry about wrong thread, didn't know there was a recomend one :upset:

Slaytanic777 02-17-2005 03:44 AM

Velvet Revolver... it's GNR-minus-Axl, and Scott Weiland(STP) instead... if you didn't already know. They're pretty good... typical Slash sound...

BeaZ 02-17-2005 03:47 AM

Yeah, I've heard of VR. I've got there album, and seeing them in 10 days!!!! I'm so excited!!! :D But yeah, anyways... Back to the thread... Any other suggestions?

blue3 02-17-2005 04:06 AM

VR, Skid Row I guess.. The solo albums of Izzy Stradlin are pretty good and Slashs Snakepit too

BeaZ 02-17-2005 04:16 AM

I've been looking for 'Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds' but I haven't found it yet, I managed to get 'Slash's Snake Pit - Its 5 O'clock Somewhere' which is really good... Are there any others I should get?

blue3 02-17-2005 04:38 AM

Maybe that Hollywood Rose CD.. or the other Snakepit CD, Ain't Life Grand

IAJP 02-17-2005 04:43 AM

Instead of looking to now, look backwards,
GN'R are a hard rock band,
other bands like this:
Deep Purple,
Queen,
Led Zeppelin,
The Who,
Rush,
Kiss(shudders),

And if you are looking for exsisting bands:
Queens Of The Stone Age.

manuscriptreplica 02-17-2005 04:46 AM

Suss out some stuff from "Slash's Snakepit" its Slash's band between G n R and VR

BeaZ 02-17-2005 04:52 AM

Thanks for all the help so far guys! Keep it coming!

I've been looking for Ain't Life Grand and bought the Hollywood Rose one a few days ago, pretty good.

[QUOTE=i_am_Jimmy_Page]Instead of looking to now, look backwards,
GN'R are a hard rock band,
other bands like this:
Deep Purple,
Queen,
Led Zeppelin,
The Who,
Rush,
Kiss(shudders),

And if you are looking for exsisting bands:
Queens Of The Stone Age.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the list :thumb: out of them i listen to:
Deep Purple
Led Zeppelin
A little of The Who
And Queens Of The Stone Age

I really don't like Queen or Kiss. I have heard good things about Rush but haven't listened to them yet, guess I will go looking for some of there stuff.

Trooper 02-17-2005 05:52 AM

Try listening to some Ratt.

Cipher Hour 02-17-2005 03:37 PM

Adler's Appetite (Steven Adler's band) are putting out an album this summer, so you might wanna pick that up. You might also want to try L.A Guns (Tracii Guns' band). If you didn't know Tracii Guns was the original guitarist for Guns N' Roses before they got Slash. I wouldn't suggest the Hollywood Rose CD (Axl and Izzy's old band), some of the stuff isn't that good.

davelanger 02-17-2005 04:16 PM

Thin Lizzy.

ultimaterocker 02-17-2005 04:20 PM

definatly aerosmith considerign they were one of the bands admitted main influences

Cipher Hour 02-17-2005 04:22 PM

[QUOTE=ultimaterocker]definatly aerosmith considerign they were one of the bands admitted main influences[/QUOTE]

The Rolling Stones were a bigger influence, at least for Slash and Izzy. Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin were also big influences (and a bit of the Ramones).

Daven 02-17-2005 05:12 PM

velvet revolver sucks ***. it was a lot better GnR

LifelessDead 02-17-2005 05:24 PM

Ive mentioned this band before for being similar to an early GnR sound- theyre not well known, im not sure if they even play anymore- but The Beautiful Creatures self titled album rocks. It comes with a cool sticker too.

Cipher Hour 02-17-2005 05:27 PM

[QUOTE=LifelessDead]Ive mentioned this band before for being similar to an early GnR sound- theyre not well known, im not sure if they even play anymore- but The Beautiful Creatures self titled album rocks. It comes with a cool sticker too.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, do we get extra hot dog whistles and kazoos with that?

(Seriously, I've never heard of that band, but I'll check them out. Thanks).

LifelessDead 02-17-2005 05:49 PM

[QUOTE=Cipher Hour]Sweet, do we get extra hot dog whistles and kazoos with that?

(Seriously, I've never heard of that band, but I'll check them out. Thanks).[/QUOTE]

sorry, no whistles, but songs like wasted, 1am, kickin for days, and wish struck a chord with me. some of the songs on the album are weak, but overall it was better than the poor reviews it received. they have a new album "deuce" on the way by summer.

Glitterati 02-17-2005 06:15 PM

I would suggest stuff like Motley Crue, Thin Lizzy, and (to a slightly lesser extent) the Misfits.

Cipher Hour 02-17-2005 06:18 PM

[QUOTE=Canadian_Guy]I would suggest stuff like Motley Crue, Thin Lizzy, and (to a slightly lesser extent) the Misfits.[/QUOTE]

The Misfits? How does that work? :confused:

Dclassics 02-17-2005 06:18 PM

Try van halen. There older stuff when David Lee Roth was the frontman

Huber 02-17-2005 06:23 PM

I love the Misfits a whole lot, but I don't see the similarities between them and Guns N' Roses.

ibanezboy69 02-17-2005 06:34 PM

you do know that chinese democracy has been confirmed for july right?

BeaZ 02-17-2005 07:25 PM

[QUOTE=ibanezboy69]you do know that chinese democracy has been confirmed for july right?[/QUOTE]

July? I heard April... but July sounds more likely.

I haven't heard of 'The Beautiful Creatures' but I will definately pick up there album. I have heard of Ratt, I'll pick that up too. Probably in a couple of weeks, my moneys a bit short at the moment, i bought too many albums and I'm broke now. :upset:

I have 'Van Halen - The Best Of Both Worlds,' I havent got around to listening to it yet but I will, is that with David Lee Roth :confused: I love Zeppelin, I have four of there albums, imo 'Houses Of The Holy' is there best.

Addlers Appetite sounds good! :thumb: I have to go looking for that one! I have heard about the band but never really when looking. I did know about Tracii Guns, and L.A. Guns, I haven't been able to find any albums yet though...

Cipher Hour 02-17-2005 07:59 PM

[QUOTE=BeaZ]July? I heard April... but July sounds more likely.

I haven't heard of 'The Beautiful Creatures' but I will definately pick up there album. I have heard of Ratt, I'll pick that up too. Probably in a couple of weeks, my moneys a bit short at the moment, i bought too many albums and I'm broke now. :upset:

I have 'Van Halen - The Best Of Both Worlds,' I havent got around to listening to it yet but I will, is that with David Lee Roth :confused: I love Zeppelin, I have four of there albums, imo 'Houses Of The Holy' is there best.

Addlers Appetite sounds good! :thumb: I have to go looking for that one! I have heard about the band but never really when looking. I did know about Tracii Guns, and L.A. Guns, I haven't been able to find any albums yet though...[/QUOTE]

Rumors are flying around about a release sometime in July and Europe/Asia tour directly after CD's release.

blue3 02-17-2005 10:01 PM

GNR covered a Misfits song.. so maybe that's why someone suggested Misfits..

and now Chinese Democracy has been moved to July? Is this for sure now?

6stringslinger 02-17-2005 10:06 PM

Chinese Democracy confirmed for July??

July 2008, July 2009 or July 2010?

Cipher Hour 02-18-2005 02:47 AM

[QUOTE=blue3]GNR covered a Misfits song.. so maybe that's why someone suggested Misfits..

and now Chinese Democracy has been moved to July? Is this for sure now?[/QUOTE]

If it was April we'd be getting an announcement either this week or next.