Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   CD Reviews Archive (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   (Metal) Metallica - Kill 'Em All (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131655)

naboo 05-10-2004 05:51 PM

[QUOTE=Crocto]maybe you're ignorant if you can't hear all of the blues influenced solos. you're probably also tone deaf if you can't hear all the blues chord progressions. [QUOTE]

Just because a lot of the solos/riffs are blues influenced doesn't mean its blues.

sickgoregrind_666 05-11-2004 04:46 AM

Good review and very good album

Am i the only one who really likes the Four Horsemen though?

manuscriptreplica 05-11-2004 05:48 AM

[QUOTE=ebo]funnily enough kirk hammet joined after this album- the lead guitar was all dave mustaine who now fronts megadeath i think[/QUOTE]

funnily enough
1. You're wrong (Hammett does all the lead work, albeit was influenced by Mustaine's work), and
2. You spelt Megadeth and Hammett wrong.

--------------------

[QUOTE=sickgoregrind 666]Am i the only one who really likes the Four Horsemen though?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=me!]
The Four Horsemen (7:13)
This is another great song. Maybe the best on the album. [/QUOTE]

:wave:

sickgoregrind_666 05-11-2004 08:22 AM

to manuscriptreplica: Sorry dude i meant all of the rest of the replies, its a killer tune but no-one esle seemed to agree with you

YDload 05-11-2004 06:28 PM

I think Kirk PLAYED all the lead guitar on this album, but he didn't write any of the music for it. I guess he could have added a little something in there, but nobody would really know.

epifreak2002 05-12-2004 07:02 AM

^Yeah, Mustaine wrote this album before being kicked out, and Hammett came in and played it. I'm pretty sure Mustaine wrote a significant portion of RTL as well (at least half of Ktulu and probably other songs as well.)

Squirrel 05-13-2004 12:43 PM

Awesome album, a great achievement for their age. The best song on here is The Four Horsemen, worst is probably Seek and Destroy - its monotonous and it just drags through.

manuscriptreplica 05-14-2004 02:50 AM

^^ AHA! Finally someone agrees with me.

-HIM- 05-16-2004 08:06 PM

One of metallicas greatest cd's. best song is seek and destroy. if you dont know how to play it learn it. its fun haha

Sendor 06-07-2004 07:54 AM

As well as the drugs and **** that mustaine did, he is also an arrogant prick, someone once said "I udes to love going to see mustaine woith friends. We all thought he was the master, unfortunately, so did he." Thats just how he is, up himself, give credit where credits due he wrote some awesome stuff, but all the talent in the world doesnt make someone less of an asshole. take axl rose for example.

Sendor 06-07-2004 07:55 AM

Someone agrees with you, someone with a pokemon as an avatar has no chance of understanding metal, seek and destroy is awesome. but i'll agree that it doesn't really fit in with the other stuff.

manuscriptreplica 06-07-2004 08:26 AM

And you have a ridiculous avatar that is indecipherable. So what. And Mustaine is a god. Rust in Peace and Peace Sells are better than any Metallica album.

I don't like this album anymore. It's too generic. I've moved on to better things. Hit the Lights is still cool.

chox 06-08-2004 06:47 PM

all songs on kill em all have been played live

Deifekt 06-08-2004 11:23 PM

Good CD, I really like the guitar work and the bass work in it. Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth), though, is probably a really overrated bass solo. I can see how a lot of people can like it, it's different from all the other bass solos, which makes it unique, and good in it's own way (but I still believe it's overrated). Me? I'd give the album a 3/5.

rock81414 06-09-2004 08:32 AM

blues/punk...

[QUOTE=Crocto]maybe you're ignorant if you can't hear all of the blues influenced solos. you're probably also tone deaf if you can't hear all the blues chord progressions.
[/QUOTE]

Crocto I agree, the music is influenced a lot by blues, I'm not sure where your friend gets the punk idea from, it really, in my eyes, isn't where Metallica's coming from with its music. As for the blues influence though, proof of it can just be found by looking at the band's history, and the music scene it evolved from :).

arca

Squirrel 06-09-2004 08:50 AM

[QUOTE]Someone agrees with you, someone with a pokemon as an avatar has no chance of understanding metal, seek and destroy is awesome. but i'll agree that it doesn't really fit in with the other stuff.[/QUOTE]

Most blatantly ignorant post ever. Nice conclusion jackass.

You fĂșcking suck, now go die.

Crazyfingaz 06-10-2004 05:15 PM

I agree that the song "Seek and Destroy" does repeat itself over and over but I think the song is mainly a crowd pleaser but if u hear it live it's awesome. I think this album is my second fav. next to Kill em' all.

Zappa 06-10-2004 10:10 PM

I think this is Metallica's ballsiest album. Their masterwork is "Master of Puppets," but this is required listening to hear how badass and youthful they could be.

Kill3mAll 06-10-2004 10:21 PM

Kill em all is a **** good metallica album. i havent heard any1 mention The 4 horsemen cuz thats 1 badass song. 1 of my favz. Seek n Destroy is also dope as fuk and the repetitiveness doesnt bother me much. as much as i like the album i would rate it like the 3rd or 4th best tallica cd. All of em r dope though

Kill3mAll 06-10-2004 10:21 PM

its also my name....hahaha

YDload 06-11-2004 06:08 PM

[QUOTE=Kill3mAll]Kill em all is a **** good metallica album. i havent heard any1 mention The 4 horsemen cuz thats 1 badass song. 1 of my favz. Seek n Destroy is also dope as fuk and the repetitiveness doesnt bother me much. as much as i like the album i would rate it like the 3rd or 4th best tallica cd. All of em r dope though[/QUOTE]

You like Metallica, yet you talk like a wigger? Neato!

ibanezs470 06-11-2004 06:52 PM

Well its thrash Metal

bassaholica2004 06-11-2004 11:29 PM

This is probably my favorite Metallica album. Its a thrash classic! And I think his voice on here is probably the best on any album. I love how scratchy it is, it adds to the rawness of the music. And those high notes are awesome. You can tell while listening to this album that they are just having fun, and thats really cool.

psyco path 06-11-2004 11:30 PM

the best my faviorite band doesn't get better

sgrevs 06-12-2004 12:56 AM

whiplash is in my opinion the best on the album frkn insane in its godliness

dromedaryt 06-12-2004 01:42 AM

[QUOTE=manuscriptreplica]MY review

Hammett?s solo isn?t as eye opening as the first, it is pretty slower and he taps rarely in it, instead going for the pick. [/QUOTE]

The simple reason for this solo being better than any other Metallica solo ever (except possibly the MOP solo) is that it's Hetfield, not Hammet. I don't like Hammet at all, he has no soul and never improvises, and when he does it sounds ****e.

I'd like to point out that the MOP solo is also Het...

enjoi_baggy 06-12-2004 09:58 AM

When I read the title of this thread, I got really excited! But I was then let down to find out that it is the name of one of their albums.

Quite deceiving :(

YDload 06-12-2004 04:14 PM

[QUOTE=dromedaryt]The simple reason for this solo being better than any other Metallica solo ever (except possibly the MOP solo) is that it's Hetfield, not Hammet. I don't like Hammet at all, he has no soul and never improvises, and when he does it sounds ****e.

I'd like to point out that the MOP solo is also Het...[/QUOTE]

Don't forget that all the lead guitar for this album was written by Dave Mustaine before they kicked him out. Dave > Kirk.

Kill3mAll 06-17-2004 07:03 PM

jus cuz i use the word dope means i talk like a wigger huh? if u say so...... and wut dif does it make if like metallica and talk like a wigger?

MrMight 06-17-2004 08:40 PM

good review