Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   History (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Dinosaurs Compatible With Christianity? (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=355814)

Bazarov 06-22-2005 09:36 PM

[QUOTE=trading_sadness4numbness]What kind of pre-U.S invasion Iraqi poll is this?[/QUOTE]

This has nothing to due with the Iraqi invasion.

trading_sadness4numbness 06-22-2005 09:41 PM

I didn't say it did, look at the poll, half of us wouldn't even be able to vote closely to what we've been posting about...... "kind of like the elections held by saddam....."

"now do you get it?

MattSharpIsCool 06-22-2005 09:51 PM

I dont even understand the choices in the poll. Do we agree with him, or do we REALLY agree with him. Are those our choices?

thrashfanatic2010 06-22-2005 09:53 PM

evolution exists volumnius get over it.

its called scientific evidence ie. body hair, natural selection, wisdom teeth, lengths of our pinkies etc.

and yes dinosaurs did exist, there's no argument about that, its called fossils dumbass

Bazarov 06-22-2005 09:54 PM

[QUOTE=MattSharpIsCool]I dont even understand the choices in the poll. Do we agree with him, or do we REALLY agree with him. Are those our choices?[/QUOTE]

I was confused too.

[QUOTE=trading_sadness4numbness]I didn't say it did, look at the poll, half of us wouldn't even be able to vote closely to what we've been posting about...... "kind of like the elections held by saddam....."

"now do you get it?[/QUOTE]

Ahh yeah. Now I do...

trading_sadness4numbness 06-22-2005 09:54 PM

Exactly my point hence....pre-U.S invasion Iraqi poll.

Bazarov 06-22-2005 09:57 PM

If anyone here is a Creation Science Evangelist, perhaps they could explain more and have it make more sense. They embrace dinosaurs and evolution all part of God's plan.

Anyways, didn't Pope John Paul say that evolution is a real thing, and that God gave humans souls? That's what I was told in science class in 8th grade when some kid was complaining about how evolution isn't real.

Trivium 06-22-2005 10:10 PM

why did god give us an apendix, or tonsils, or wisdom teeth?

they just cause problems, we get rid of them.

If you dont believe in evolution, then you were raised by parents who forced their religious bullcrap on you, or your not able to realize what is clearly obvious. The bible is a book, its a good book, however its not the only book, all it is, a book, letters and spaces on paper.

The bible was not dropped from heaven, it is mans creation.

Bazarov 06-22-2005 10:15 PM

[QUOTE=Trivium]why did god give us an apendix, or tonsils, or wisdom teeth?

If you dont believe in evolution, then you were raised by parents who forced their religious bullcrap on you, or your not able to realize what is clearly obvious. The bible is a book, its a good book, however its not the only book, all it is, a book, letters and spaces on paper.

The bible was not dropped from heaven, it is mans creation.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe people need religion to feel complete, to feel like their life has meaning?

This thread anyways is about dinosaurs and the bible. They are stated in the bible.

Doesn't it make more sense to you that a higher power created everything.... as opposed to a "BIG BANG" and then stuff started happening out of nothing?

Nra4ever_17 06-22-2005 10:17 PM

[QUOTE=Hrothgar]Or maybe people need religion to feel complete, to feel like their life has meaning?

This thread anyways is about dinosaurs and the bible. They are stated in the bible.

Doesn't it make more sense to you that a higher power created everything.... as opposed to a "BIG BANG" and then stuff started happening out of nothing?[/QUOTE]

No.

Bazarov 06-22-2005 10:20 PM

[QUOTE=Nra4ever_17]No.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm alright.

Trivium 06-22-2005 10:21 PM

[QUOTE=Hrothgar]
Doesn't it make more sense to you that a higher power created everything.... as opposed to a "BIG BANG" and then stuff started happening out of nothing?[/QUOTE]

nope, not at all, there IS a higher power as far as im concerned, I just cant fathom how we ended up here.

Though the evidence supporting singularity beats the genesis tale, its fine.

All of the universe's matter was once at a single point, then it went boom, the momentum from that is what still drives the universe's expanson now.

If you choose religion to find meaning in life, to have guidance in times of need, then thats a really great thing, and your using it to benefit yourself in the ways it should.

Religion is taken to far when you believe all the stories in the bible as history and truth, not just lessons to be learned.

trading_sadness4numbness 06-22-2005 10:29 PM

[QUOTE=Trivium]nope, not at all, there IS a higher power as far as im concerned, I just cant fathom how we ended up here.

Though the evidence supporting singularity beats the genesis tale, its fine.

All of the universe's matter was once at a single point, then it went boom, the momentum from that is what still drives the universe's expanson now.

If you choose religion to find meaning in life, to have guidance in times of need, then thats a really great thing, and your using it to benefit yourself in the ways it should.

Religion is taken to far when you believe all the stories in the bible as history and truth, not just lessons to be learned.[/QUOTE]

agree: "Religion is the opiate of the masses." Karl Marx

thrashfanatic2010 06-22-2005 10:29 PM

"Or maybe people need religion to feel complete, to feel like their life has meaning? "

thats because it's a crutch for the weak.

trading_sadness4numbness 06-22-2005 10:34 PM

weak?

Bazarov 06-22-2005 10:34 PM

All of these opinions are interesting.

trading_sadness4numbness 06-22-2005 10:36 PM

creationists may also look at it as a crutch for the week.... "see what i did there?"
"Good no?"

thrashfanatic2010 06-22-2005 10:42 PM

[QUOTE=trading_sadness4numbness]creationists may also look at it as a crutch for the week.... "see what i did there?"
"Good no?"[/QUOTE]

lay off the smack.

you used the wrong form of 'weak'

you used the form that describes a period of 7 days in regards to a calendar

the form i used (weak) refers to the idea of lacking strength

trading_sadness4numbness 06-22-2005 10:42 PM

week: days of the week
weak: not strong?......

wow nothing
/laughs from thread

trading_sadness4numbness 06-22-2005 10:42 PM

yeah twas a joke

The Jolly Pakistani 06-22-2005 10:56 PM

That crutch for the weak remark was totally unfounded. I'm sure just as many people look to science to find order in our existance.

trading_sadness4numbness 06-22-2005 11:00 PM

[QUOTE=The Jolly Pakistani]That crutch for the weak remark was totally unfounded. I'm sure just as many people look to science to find order in our existance.[/QUOTE]

yeah

Volumnius Flush 06-22-2005 11:36 PM

[QUOTE=trading_sadness4numbness]Exactly my point hence....pre-U.S invasion Iraqi poll.[/QUOTE]

Ohh noes!! :eek: We invaded Iraq and liberated 20 million people!!

[QUOTE=thrashfanatic2010]evolution exists volumnius get over it.

its called scientific evidence ie. body hair, natural selection, wisdom teeth, lengths of our pinkies etc.

and yes dinosaurs did exist, there's no argument about that, its called fossils dumbass[/QUOTE]

Atleast read the thread. Don't come in on page 3 and act like you know ****. Atleast read what you're talking about.

[QUOTE=MattSharpIsCool]I dont even understand the choices in the poll. Do we agree with him, or do we REALLY agree with him. Are those our choices?[/QUOTE]

So, which one did you choose? :lol:

[QUOTE=trading_sadness4numbness]I didn't say it did, look at the poll, half of us wouldn't even be able to vote closely to what we've been posting about...... "kind of like the elections held by saddam....."

"now do you get it?[/QUOTE]

It's because you're tlking **** when you have no room to do so.

[QUOTE=Nra4ever_17]None of that proves he wasn't religious.[/QUOTE]

You haven't proved he is. Religion isn't standard. It's an add-on.

Volumnius Flush 06-22-2005 11:39 PM

[QUOTE=Hrothgar]Or maybe people need religion to feel complete, to feel like their life has meaning?

Do you have a religion?

[QUOTE=Trivium]why did god give us an apendix, or tonsils, or wisdom teeth?

The bible was not dropped from heaven, it is mans creation.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe in evolution because it's a ****ty idea that I decided isn't real. My parents have nothing to do with this. If anything, websites I've read from have influenced my beliefs. Though a lot I come up with myself.

RouteOne 06-23-2005 09:09 AM

[QUOTE=Volumnius Flush]Do you have a religion?

I don't believe in evolution because it's a ****ty idea that I decided isn't real. My parents have nothing to do with this. If anything, websites I've read from have influenced my beliefs. Though a lot I come up with myself.[/QUOTE]

One doesn't have to have a religion.

So you get most of your info from the internet, huh? And we all know no one ever lies on the internet.

Volumnius Flush 06-23-2005 09:22 AM

[QUOTE=amostbitterseason]One doesn't have to have a religion.
[/QUOTE]

I was asking him because the way he talks sometimes makes me think he is religious. Other times, I have no idea. I'll take a quote from italic zero, reading comprehension isn't one of your strengths, is it?

[QUOTE=amostbitterseason]So you get most of your info from the internet, huh? And we all know no one ever lies on the internet.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Volumnius Flush]If anything, websites I've read from have influenced my beliefs. [B]Though a lot I come up with myself.[/B] [/QUOTE]

See that bolded sentence right there? Way to twist my words jacka$$. Seriously, I have to be insane to challenge the existence of dinosaurs. No website I've came across has ever made this claim.

RouteOne 06-23-2005 09:24 AM

[QUOTE=Volumnius Flush]I was asking him because the way he talks sometimes makes me think he is religious. Other times, I have no idea. I'll take a quote from italic zero, reading comprehension isn't one of your strengths, is it?

See that bolded sentence right there? Way to twist my words jacka$$. Seriously, I have to be insane to challenge the existence of dinosaurs. No website I've came across has ever made this claim.[/QUOTE]
But still, you challenge actual scientifical proof to not be real and some how it was sent by Satan to confuse man. How can you seriously believe this?

trading_sadness4numbness 06-23-2005 09:34 AM

woah, heh I can't believe your keepin this up.

"hat's off. volum"

Volumnius Flush 06-23-2005 09:37 AM

[QUOTE=amostbitterseason]But still, you challenge actual scientifical proof to not be real and some how it was sent by Satan to confuse man. How can you seriously believe this?[/QUOTE]

Dinosaurs are theoretically a Satanic principal. On a Satanic scale, 65 millions years ago a meteor hit the Earth causing all creatures to go extinct. Some time after that, there was hmans among other things.

[B]The missing link between Christianity and science is the dinosaurs; I'm sure of it.[/B] The idea of dinosaurs has contradictions in a Christian-based science and Christianity itself. The difference between Christianity and science is the dinosaurs. In Christianity, the only possibility for dinosaurs is co-existence with man. In science, the only possibility is the extinction of dinosaurs 65 million years ago.

If you think about and take a Christian approach to science, dinosaurs technically cannot exist.

I have a hard time putting into words what I'm thinking in my head, so if you didn't understand something, ask and I will try to focus better on that part.

Volumnius Flush 06-23-2005 09:39 AM

So who are my two religious followers? What did everyone vote?