Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   History (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Dinosaurs Compatible With Christianity? (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=355814)

BassRevelation1029 06-22-2005 08:58 PM

[QUOTE=amostbitterseason]It said 2 of every creature. Is god lying?[/QUOTE]
you obviously didnt read the passage correctly.

RouteOne 06-22-2005 08:58 PM

[QUOTE=BassRevelation1029]you obviously didnt read the passage correctly.[/QUOTE]
I go to a chatholic high school and have a bible study class.....

trading_sadness4numbness 06-22-2005 08:59 PM

[QUOTE=amostbitterseason]It said 2 of every creature. Is god lying?[/QUOTE]

and also wouldn't most sea life die, "if they remained in the ocean," due to such a large amount of freshwater"

Volumnius Flush 06-22-2005 08:59 PM

[QUOTE=trading_sadness4numbness]hope you don't get worked up again, but if you're questioning all of these logical and reasonable theories, isn't there a chance that your explanation could be wrong?[/QUOTE]

How about you answer my question first. You stated earlier that you, "…Personally think it's silly to question empirical evidence of prehistoric life, but im sure you can find a way to bend history around religion as most creationists do..."

Did it ever cross your mind that science is working it's way around creationism? Or more accurately, contradicting it completely?

trading_sadness4numbness 06-22-2005 09:01 PM

yes it has crossed my mind..... "great post"

BlindWriting 06-22-2005 09:03 PM

:lol:
Funny thread.
Keep up the comedy, Volumnius.

BassRevelation1029 06-22-2005 09:04 PM

[QUOTE=amostbitterseason]I go to a chatholic high school and have a bible study class.....[/QUOTE]
and this is now the 12th time ive heard the "i go to a catholic chruch" excuse.

max_facekick 06-22-2005 09:05 PM

ugh, religions suck......big time.

Volumnius Flush 06-22-2005 09:06 PM

[QUOTE=BlindWriting]:lol:
Funny thread.
Keep up the comedy, Volumnius.[/QUOTE]

What do you have to say for yourself? You believe in dinosaurs, Nephilim, conspiracy theories, creationism, evolution, me?

[QUOTE=trading_sadness4numbness]yes it has crossed my mind..... "great post"[/QUOTE]

I know it's a great post. You haven't answered my question.

Bazarov 06-22-2005 09:06 PM

The Bible mentions Leviathan, a sea monster which could be the dinosaur Plesiosaur. And it speaks of the beast Behemoth. I believe that dinosaurs were once in existence, and the bible makes vague refrences to them such as Levianthan and Behemoth.

Now, about people living during the time of dinosaurs. Maybe it's possible that dinosaurs didn't roam the world where humans were living and rarely came into to contact?
But then there's carbon dating and such which would raise more questions. But I think dinosaurs were one of God's creations... maybe the God created people after the dinosaurs and other extinct animals, and decided to recreat the world which is what the bible talks about?

RouteOne 06-22-2005 09:06 PM

[QUOTE=BassRevelation1029]and this is now the 12th time ive heard the "i go to a catholic chruch" excuse.[/QUOTE]
I really do. Catholic central high school troy NY.

My locker number is 345. Locker combo is 34-7-27

Home room teacher is sister Linda.

would you like the phone number to the main office?

MattSharpIsCool 06-22-2005 09:08 PM

/writes down the locker combo

RouteOne 06-22-2005 09:09 PM

[QUOTE=MattSharpIsCool]/writes down the locker combo[/QUOTE]
Doesn't matter. We get new lockers next year. Old ones are being thrown out. :lol:

Bazarov 06-22-2005 09:09 PM

[QUOTE=amostbitterseason]I really do. Catholic central high school troy NY.

would you like the phone number to the main office?[/QUOTE]

I don't think he doesn't believe you, but rather people claim to know everything about religion and such and because they go to Catholic school they claim to know everything about religion. ??? Or maybe I'm completely wrong.

BlindWriting 06-22-2005 09:09 PM

[QUOTE=Volumnius Flush]What do you have to say for yourself? You believe in dinosaurs, Nephilim, conspiracy theories, creationism, evolution, me?[/QUOTE]
What the hell are you talking about?

Look. People come up with theories all the time. But when they say something completely bogus, they get shot down. Example "A": you.

BassRevelation1029 06-22-2005 09:10 PM

[QUOTE=amostbitterseason]I really do. Catholic central high school troy NY.

would you like the phone number to the main office?[/QUOTE]
:lol: easy dude, i believe you.

My point was that this excuse is made absolutely too many times.

*stalks bitter*

trading_sadness4numbness 06-22-2005 09:11 PM

[QUOTE=trading_sadness4numbness]Incompatible. I personally think it's silly to question empirical evidence of prehistoric life, but im sure you can find a way to bend history around religion as most creationists do...[/QUOTE]

Incompatible. is this the answer you wanted? i didn't bother with the other questions they are irrelevant.

RouteOne 06-22-2005 09:12 PM

[QUOTE=BassRevelation1029]:lol: easy dude, i believe you.

My point was that this excuse is made absolutely too many times.

*stalks bitter*[/QUOTE]
Just making sure. :lol:

Volumnius Flush 06-22-2005 09:15 PM

[QUOTE=BlindWriting]What the hell are you talking about?

Look. People come up with theories all the time. But when they say something completely bogus, they get shot down. Example "A": you.[/QUOTE]

You lost me at 'bogus'.

Nra4ever_17 06-22-2005 09:15 PM

[QUOTE=dislocated214]I am trying to learn more about evolution so;

So if evolution is the correct "theory" why aren't animals/humans still evolving today?[/QUOTE]

We are.

[QUOTE=Volumnius Flush]Evolution is a lie laid forth by the areligious Darwin. Assuming it was true, we are evolving but evolution is extremely slow. Anyway, it doesn't exist.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Darwin was religious.

Bazarov 06-22-2005 09:16 PM

[QUOTE=Nra4ever_17]We are.[/QUOTE]
Page Snypa bitchez

True, that girl in Russia that has X-Ray vission and is used in hospitols. Or something.. I should post the link it was on CNN. But that's getting off topic.

superdigg 06-22-2005 09:21 PM

[QUOTE=Hrothgar]Page Snypa bitchez

True, that girl in Russia that has X-Ray vission and is used in hospitols. Or something.. I should post the link it was on CNN. But that's getting off topic.[/QUOTE]
i don't think that counts as evolution, it's more like mutation or something. aaanyway, umm that guy with the smiley with boobs in his avatar is obviously joking, you guys are dumb. unless he's not, in which case i respect his opinion but still think he's dumb.

Bazarov 06-22-2005 09:23 PM

[QUOTE=superdigg]i don't think that counts as evolution, it's more like mutation or something. aaanyway, umm that guy with the smiley with boobs in his avatar is obviously joking, you guys are dumb. unless he's not, in which case i respect his opinion but still think he's dumb.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter if he's joking. He could like to start debates. Haven't you done seminars in class where the teacher assigns you one opinion and another stood the opposite opinion and you have to study then debate.

trading_sadness4numbness 06-22-2005 09:23 PM

[QUOTE=Hrothgar]The Bible mentions Leviathan, a sea monster which could be the dinosaur Plesiosaur. And it speaks of the beast Behemoth. I believe that dinosaurs were once in existence, and the bible makes vague refrences to them such as Levianthan and Behemoth.

Now, about people living during the time of dinosaurs. Maybe it's possible that dinosaurs didn't roam the world where humans were living and rarely came into to contact?
But then there's carbon dating and such which would raise more questions. But I think dinosaurs were one of God's creations... maybe the God created people after the dinosaurs and other extinct animals, and decided to recreat the world which is what the bible talks about?[/QUOTE]

Was there a dinosaur messiah?

Bazarov 06-22-2005 09:25 PM

[QUOTE=trading_sadness4numbness]Was there a dinosaur messiah?[/QUOTE]
No. There was no Messiah for the dinosaurs.

trading_sadness4numbness 06-22-2005 09:27 PM

[QUOTE=Hrothgar]No. There was no Messiah for the dinosaurs.[/QUOTE]

"Noted:"

Volumnius Flush 06-22-2005 09:27 PM

[QUOTE=Nra4ever_17]I'm pretty sure Darwin was religious.[/QUOTE]

For my own part I would as soon be descended from that heroic little monkey, who braved his dreaded enemy in order to save the life of his keeper; or from that old baboon, who, descending from the mountains, carried away in triumph his young comrade from a crowd of astonished dogs -- as from a savage who delights to torture his enemies, offers up bloody sacrifices, practices infanticide without remorse, treats his wives like slaves, knows no decency, and is haunted by the grossest superstitions.

Darwin

I'm pretty sure you're wrong.

RouteOne 06-22-2005 09:28 PM

[QUOTE=Hrothgar]No. There was no Messiah for the dinosaurs.[/QUOTE]
I beg to differ.

[url]http://www.bobsagetisgod.com/[/url]

Nra4ever_17 06-22-2005 09:29 PM

[QUOTE=Volumnius Flush]For my own part I would as soon be descended from that heroic little monkey, who braved his dreaded enemy in order to save the life of his keeper; or from that old baboon, who, descending from the mountains, carried away in triumph his young comrade from a crowd of astonished dogs -- as from a savage who delights to torture his enemies, offers up bloody sacrifices, practices infanticide without remorse, treats his wives like slaves, knows no decency, and is haunted by the grossest superstitions.

Darwin

I'm pretty sure you're wrong.[/QUOTE]

None of that proves he wasn't religious.

trading_sadness4numbness 06-22-2005 09:33 PM

What kind of pre-U.S invasion Iraqi poll is this?