Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rock & Metal (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Rock & Metal Forum: Report Problems/Ask Questions/Make Suggestions (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213795)

superpeer 07-28-2004 10:50 AM

Rock & Metal Forum: Report Problems/Ask Questions/Make Suggestions

[B][COLOR="Red"]This thread pertains [I]exclusively[/I] to the forums of SputnikMusic.com, more specifically the Rock & Metal forum of which you are currently presiding within.

Any or all issues relating to the SputnikMusic.com review site are to be directed to either of its relevant threads.

Issues with reviews are to be posted in this thread:
[url]http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=580638[/url]

While issues relating to bugs and larger issues within the review site are to be posted here:
[url]http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=570256[/url]

Again, this thread is [I]exclusively[/I] relating to the [I]Rock & Metal forums[/I][/COLOR][/B]

[I]If you feel that a thread should be closed or a user should be penalised, please make a post in this thread. Most of you know the procedure. [/I]

[I]If you have questions about why a thread was closed, how stuff works or anything else that troubles your mind, go ahead and ask here.[/I]

[I]A thread should be stickied? Have a good idea to help the forum? Make your suggestions here.[/I]

Me and StageFrightKen will take care of it as soon as we can.

UPDATE: Me, Riva, Vince, 'tender, Jom, Wish, WHOEVER

UPDATE: "Off-topic posting" ITT = any post that doesn't report a problem, ask a question (or answer a question, if no moderators are present), or make a suggestion to better R&M = ban, no questions asked. This means that any chatter, sidebar conversations, or general BS will be construed as "off-topic posting," so don't do it.

:wave:

PS: Sorry Kithkin for basically stealing your thread title.

Evil Clown Liquor 07-28-2004 10:57 AM

Hey Superpeer, why not sticky the Forced Listening thread you made? I'm sure it will always be in use, and that way it will be conveniently reachable.

superpeer 07-28-2004 10:57 AM

I was thinking about that yes, but there already so many stickies. :-/

Evil Clown Liquor 07-28-2004 11:00 AM

Well, there are two "rules" threads, why not get rid of one of them, or combine them into one?

superpeer 07-28-2004 11:04 AM

I know, but I didn't know SFK made it and I'll have to talk to him about it, I don't want to just get rid of his work.

Bartender 07-28-2004 11:14 AM

I've always been of the opinion that Forced Listening threads should be left free, as they survive on their own pretty well (and if they don't, then there's no point them being there anyway). That way, it's usually only people who are really interested in the thread who use it, rather than just anyone (who tend to do poor reviews).

superpeer 07-28-2004 11:19 AM

The Punk Forced listening thread is stickied though.

SonorKen 07-28-2004 11:22 AM

Im gonna unsticky the thread I made in a few hours. It was more of a clarification as alot of people have instant messaged me and not "Clearly" understood what they should be posting.

Mekkalayakay 07-28-2004 01:04 PM

[QUOTE=Bartender]I've always been of the opinion that Forced Listening threads should be left free, as they survive on their own pretty well (and if they don't, then there's no point them being there anyway). That way, it's usually only people who are really interested in the thread who use it, rather than just anyone (who tend to do poor reviews).[/QUOTE]

I agree. No need for it to be stickied.

SFK and Superpeer: If it isn't too much of a problem, could you guys sticky this? :-/ I know there is already four stickies...but I only want this up there until the Friday after this upcoming one. It doesn't survive on it's own, because I've already had to bump it a few times. So if it isn't a problem, please sticky it. :)

[url]http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213505[/url]

SonorKen 07-28-2004 01:18 PM

K, its done man.

Mekkalayakay 07-28-2004 01:21 PM

Thanks man. :)

InFlames.KsE 07-28-2004 04:23 PM

I don't know whether this is the right place to post it or not, but I was wondering if anyone knows why I have a referral

I don't know of anything I've done that hasn't gone by the rules...

superpeer 07-28-2004 04:35 PM

That means that someone stated that you told them about this site and made them sign up.

It's not a bad thing, man.

Mekkalayakay 07-28-2004 04:42 PM

Yeah, but there's no real point to it anymore either. ;)

InFlames.KsE 07-28-2004 04:48 PM

Ohh...thanks a lot...I thought that I had done something wrong, or something.

SonorKen 07-28-2004 04:56 PM

[QUOTE=InFlames.KsE]Ohh...thanks a lot...I thought that I had done something wrong, or something.[/QUOTE]

haha nah dude, thats a good thing to have on your profile. Not many people have referrals, they are useless but its still a cool way to show that you brought someone to the coolest place on the net!

superpeer 07-28-2004 05:01 PM

Oh yeah. :cool:

Bartender 07-28-2004 05:02 PM

They weren't always useless. There used to be prizes, I think.

Mekkalayakay 07-28-2004 05:18 PM

Yeah, but you had to get an extremely high number of people to join. I think they were Amazon gift certificates or something.

Per Ardua Ad Astra 07-28-2004 06:49 PM

You could cheat though, you could just sign up a bunch of names yourself, make a few dumb posts, and refer your original name. I'm not sure if anyone did this, but i just realized it. :)

Idea: Just make one sticky thread with all the links to threads that are stickied now inside. Yes, i know this is already Kithkin's idea but it would be helpful in this forum as well.

Mekkalayakay 07-28-2004 07:09 PM

[QUOTE=Per Ardua Ad Astra]You could cheat though, you could just sign up a bunch of names yourself, make a few dumb posts, and refer your original name. I'm not sure if anyone did this, but i just realized it. :)[/QUOTE]

Look at all the referrals on my Thy Trooper account. ;) But those accounts weren't dumb accounts...They were real :upset: :p

I'm a changed man now though. :cool:

Mekkalayakay 07-28-2004 07:15 PM

[url]http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214033[/url]

We don't need an official Cradle of Filth thread.

But I guess it's up to you guys.

Per Ardua Ad Astra 07-28-2004 07:20 PM

Heh, i don't think anyone wants an Official Cradle of Filth thread. You beat me to it.

[url]http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214037[/url]
Guitar cleaner? (Guitar forum)

superpeer 07-28-2004 07:21 PM

/Closed ++

Bartender 07-28-2004 07:35 PM

[QUOTE=Per Ardua Ad Astra]
Idea: Just make one sticky thread with all the links to threads that are stickied now inside. Yes, i know this is already Kithkin's idea but it would be helpful in this forum as well.[/QUOTE]

I think making it so that people have to click twice to view any of the stickied thread will just mean that they get viewed a lot less.

Per Ardua Ad Astra 07-28-2004 07:42 PM

That's true, but most of the people who look for the sticky threads now what they are doing because it's a competition or something like that so they know where it is and need to get there anyway.
With the exception of the genres of metal thread, i think most of the stickies can be organized into one thread.

Mekkalayakay 07-28-2004 07:55 PM

:-/ I'm being a bit selfish here, but that would be a bit hard with my Defend a Band comp. going on. Since I just made it yesterday, a lot of the people in it don't know about it, and if it doesn't stay stickied where it's in clear sight on the first page, the whole rest of the competition will fail, because people won't know about it, nor will they be able to enter.

But like I said, that's my problem, not your guys'. I should be responsible for it.

Per Ardua Ad Astra 07-28-2004 07:59 PM

This is true, here's an idea.
In the title of the thread with all the stickies, say in 1-2 words what links are in the thread.

SonorKen 07-28-2004 08:04 PM

I don't know about Superpeer, I guess we will discuss this, but I don't really plan on having very many sticky threads on the front page. This is such an active forum that we need to keep it clear. I don't particularly like the idea about putting all the stickies in one thread. I think the rules should be EXTREMELY visible so people will have no excuse to read them.

Mekkalayakay 07-28-2004 08:14 PM

Ah. Well whatever you guys decide, I'm capable of just having my thread unstickied and bumping it every now and then, just to let you know.