Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archives (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Is the bush regime a sponsor of State terrorism? (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=472604)

LittlePound 05-31-2006 10:32 PM

Is the bush regime a sponsor of State terrorism?

Though i don't agree with all that this article is saying i figured some of you might find it interesting and agree with it. It makes pretty good points.

[quote]
A powerful case can be made that it is.

In the past three years the Bush Regime has murdered tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians and an unknown number of Afghan ones.

US Marines, our finest and proudest military force, are under criminal investigation for breaking into Iraqi homes and murdering entire families. In an unprecedented event, General Michael Hagee, the Marine Corps commandant, has found it necessary to fly to Iraq to tell our best trained troops to stop murdering civilians.

General Hagee found it necessary to tell the U.S. Marines: "We do not employ force just for the sake of employing force. We use lethal force only when justified, proportional, and most importantly, lawful."

The war criminals in the Bush Regime have dismissed the murders as "collateral damage," but they are in fact murders. Otherwise, there would be no criminal investigations, and the Marine commandant would not be burdened with the embarrassment of having to fly to Iraq to lecture US Marines on the lawful use of force.

The criminal Bush Regime has now murdered more Iraqis than Saddam Hussen. The Bush Regime is also responsible for 20,000 US casualties (dead, maimed for life, and wounded).

Bush damns the "axis of evil." But who has the "axis of evil" attacked? Iran has attacked no one. North Korea has attacked no country for more than a half century. Iraq attacked Kuiwait a decade and a half ago, apparently after securing permission from the US ambassador.

Isn't the real axis of evil Bush-Blair-Olmert? Bush and Blair have attacked two countries, slaughtering their citizens. Olmert is urging them on to attack a third country--Iran.

Where does the danger to the world reside? In Iran, a small religious country where the family is intact and the government is constrained by religious authority and ancient traditions, or in the US where propaganda rules and the powerful executive branch has removed itself from accountability by breaking the constitutional restraints on its power?

Why is the US superpower orchestrating fear of puny Iran?

The US government has spent the past half century interfering in the internal affairs of other countries, overthrowing or assassinating their chosen leaders and imposing its puppets on foreign peoples. To what country has Iran done this, or Iraq, or North Korea?

Americans think that they are the salt of the earth. The hubris that comes from this self-righteous belief makes Americans blind to the evil of their leaders. How can American leaders be evil when Americans are so good and so wonderful?

How many Serbs were slaughtered by American bombs released from high above the clouds, and for what reason? Who even remembers the propagandistic lies that the Clinton administration told us about why we absolutely had to drop bombs on the Serbs?

Wasn't it evil for the US to bomb Iraq for a decade and to embargo medicines for children? When US Secretary of State M. Albright was asked if she thought an embargo that resulted in the deaths of 500,000 Iraqi children was justified, she replied, "yes."

The former terrible tyrant ruler of Iraq, Saddam Hussein, is on trial for killing 150 people. The US government murdered 500,000 Iraqi children prior to Bush's invasion. When the US government murders people, whether Serbs, Branch Davidians at Waco, or Iraqi women and children, it is "collateral damage." But we put Saddam Hussein on trial for putting down rebellions.

Gentle reader, do you believe that the Bush Regime will not shoot you down in the streets if you have a rebellion?
[/quote]

Danish 05-31-2006 10:35 PM

Is the Bush regime a sponsor of State terrorism?

Is the sky blue?

StreetlightRock 06-01-2006 01:18 AM

[quote]Is the sky blue?[/quote]

Technically, no =P

PerpetualBurn 06-01-2006 04:41 AM

[QUOTE]Otherwise, there would be no criminal investigations[/QUOTE]

Because as we all know, no person is ever found innocent upon investigation.

coheneran 06-01-2006 04:43 AM

[QUOTE=Danish]Is the Bush regime a sponsor of State terrorism?

Is the sky blue?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

And sometimes.

coheneran 06-01-2006 05:32 AM

[QUOTE=Spat Out Plath]Does the pope sh[size=2]it[/size] in the woods?[/QUOTE]

No, but the partisans did. You know, the ones who escaped from the concentration camps and ghettos and went into hiding and started organising guerrilla raids on German fuel and weapons shipments?

Iskandar 06-01-2006 12:05 PM

[QUOTE=article]But we put Saddam Hussein on trial for putting down rebellions.[/QUOTE]
This is one thing with which I cannot agree. Saddam deserved rebellions.
[QUOTE=coheneran]No, but the partisans did. You know, the ones who escaped from the concentration camps and ghettos and went into hiding and started organising guerrilla raids on German fuel and weapons shipments?[/QUOTE]
My grandfather was one.

/irrelevant, but thought I'd share it

Damrod 06-01-2006 12:16 PM

Well, it's not a new thing. It is known that the US administrations in the past supported questionable groups because it was in their favor against enemies. Some of these are one guy along with his party, he goes by the name of Saddam Hussein. And some group called Taliban. I think they were active in Afghanistan. :thumb:

Back in the day they supported the Taliban because the USSR wanted to seize Afghanistan, crawling more towards the West. I think the Saddam thing was because of Iran or something like that. I can't really remember in detail. They also supported Pinochet in Chile, and other 'bad countries' in Middle-America. Not 100% sure about the latter two though, I might be wrong there

Iskandar 06-01-2006 12:20 PM

[QUOTE=Damrod]Not 100% sure about the latter two though, I might be wrong there[/QUOTE]
No, you're correct.

DBoons Ghost 06-01-2006 12:20 PM

Good article save this:

[quote=Biased Lies]Americans think that they are the salt of the earth. The hubris that comes from this self-righteous belief makes Americans blind to the evil of their leaders. How can American leaders be evil when Americans are so good and so wonderful?[/quote]

Op Eds suck because of this.

Americans don't think this way. At least I don't. I can't speak for others. Salt of the Earth? This guy is just another jaded tool spewing lies.

I love how these aritcles spout made up numbers of dead people, yet never list the millions saved. Funny that.

ringworm 06-01-2006 01:52 PM

Just a bunch of biased bull*&^%.
Some true, but hardly worth all that reading.
[QUOTE=DBoon's Ghost]I love how these aritcles spout made up numbers of dead people, yet never list the millions saved. Funny that.[/QUOTE]
Agreed

Reaganista 06-01-2006 01:57 PM

[QUOTE]Gentle reader, do you believe that the Bush Regime will not shoot you down in the streets if you have a rebellion? [/QUOTE]
why the hell shouldn't he shoot people who have rebellions?

[QUOTE]Where does the danger to the world reside? In Iran, a small religious country where the family is intact and the government is constrained by religious authority and ancient traditions, or in the US where propaganda rules and the powerful executive branch has removed itself from accountability by breaking the constitutional restraints on its power?[/QUOTE]

hey zero enable sigs plz

dislocated214 06-01-2006 02:19 PM

Yes.

PepsiMetal 06-01-2006 02:24 PM

CIA trained Osama Bin Laden who is supposedly the biggest enemy of US now. CIA gave Iraq all the intelligence it needed to gas and poison the Iranians.

Hmm, I'd say US government in general has been very fu[I]ck[/I]ed up. Bush is just an addon to that.

[QUOTE=DBoon's Ghost]I love how these aritcles spout made up numbers of dead people, yet never list the millions saved. Funny that.[/QUOTE]

Yea, they have saved millions of Iraqi people in the fact that they never know if a car will blow up near their house now.

lfantwister 06-01-2006 02:48 PM

[QUOTE]Yea, they have saved millions of Iraqi people in the fact that they never know if a car will blow up near their house now.[/QUOTE]

what

Jude 06-01-2006 03:18 PM

[QUOTE=LittlePound]Though i don't agree with all that this article is saying i figured some of you might find it interesting and agree with it. It makes pretty good points.[/QUOTE]
Almost every US administration since like Theodore Roosevelt has been a sponsor of state terrorism. To deny this, you'd have to change your definition of "terrorism" to include "committed by Arabs against the United States."

Jude 06-01-2006 03:20 PM

[QUOTE=DBoon's Ghost]Good article save this:

Op Eds suck because of this.

Americans don't think this way. At least I don't. I can't speak for others. Salt of the Earth? This guy is just another jaded tool spewing lies.

I love how these aritcles spout made up numbers of dead people, yet never list the millions saved. Funny that.[/QUOTE]
Wait which millions did we save by sponsoring murderous regimes in Philippines, Guatemala, El Salvador, Iraq, Iran, etc?

Reaganista 06-01-2006 03:21 PM

'sponsor of state terrorism' is a stupid concept

DBoons Ghost 06-01-2006 03:22 PM

[QUOTE=Jude]Wait which millions did we save by sponsoring murderous regimes in Philippines, Guatemala, El Salvador, Iraq, Iran, etc?[/QUOTE]

It's called context, and the article was referring specifically to Iraq.

Stay in context and we can have a discussion.

I am not defending nor condoning the actions of the US Gov over the course of their campaign to convert everyone to their way. However, the Iraq "situation", while out of control, initially did well to save millions of Iraqis you'll never hear about.

War sells papers, not peace. Death tolls make you watch TV, not success stories.

You're smarter than that I hope.

Jude 06-01-2006 03:30 PM

[QUOTE=DBoon's Ghost]It's called context, and the article was referring specifically to Iraq.

Stay in context and we can have a discussion.

I am not defending nor condoning the actions of the US Gov over the course of their campaign to convert everyone to their way. However, the Iraq "situation", while out of control, initially did well to save millions of Iraqis you'll never hear about.
[/quote]
It also killed tens of thousands you'll never hear about at least not on American radio and TV.
[quote]
War sells papers, not peace. Death tolls make you watch TV, not success stories.
[/quote]
American death tolls do. The American death toll is 2000. If it were as high as in Vietnam, or as high as the Iraqi death toll, do you think it would still be massively publicized?
[quote]
You're smarter than that I hope.[/QUOTE]
I think so.

PepsiMetal 06-01-2006 03:31 PM

[QUOTE=lfantwister]what[/QUOTE]

Iraqi people aren't saved yet as they have a bigger chance of getting blown by a car bomb now then they ever have.

DBoons Ghost 06-01-2006 03:35 PM

I disagree with that.

I don't get my facts from TV, or American media. I watch BBC.

Also, American death tolls are nothing compared to the reality of life in this country.

Perspective, 2000 Americans died in Iraq since the conflice started right? Do you know how many people are murdered in America evey day? Care about that? No.

It's war. Not paddycakes. Either way, no matter how the war started or how badly it's going for Bush's "regime" it's still a war. A war most Americans believed needed to be fought for better or worse, WMDs or no.

See, I have the pleasure of working near the UN. From 1991, a few times a year, Iraqi Americans would gather at the UN and beg them to do something about stopping Saddam's genocide.

What did the UN do? Deny deny deny. Why? What countries denied them most? The same countries who made billions off the Oil for Food program.

No one ever talks about that. Ever. So, while I have stated time and time again I am no fan of this administration nor their actions, it's better to go under the guise of some fake WMDs than to take other courses of action.

However, 2000 dead American soldiers saved possibly millions of more Iraqis from being murdered because they want to be free.

You see it your way, and I'll see it mine.

Chrizzle fo' Shizzle 06-01-2006 06:56 PM

[QUOTE=PepsiMetal]CIA gave Iraq all the intelligence it needed to gas and poison the Iranians[/QUOTE]

And Saddam was applauded by the international community for bringing a swift end to a long and bloody war

Reaganista 06-01-2006 11:44 PM

[QUOTE]American death tolls do. The American death toll is 2000. If it were as high as in Vietnam, or as high as the Iraqi death toll, do you think it would still be massively publicized?
[/QUOTE]
yeah they showed a picture of every single american who was killed in vietnam on the nightly news when the war was at its height

free_thinkers_are_dangerous 06-01-2006 11:51 PM

The US has the habit of reaching out and interfering in other countries' business if it thinks that the interference is better for American interests. This leads to a lot of actions I disagree with (why is there still an embargo on Cuba?).

That said, while I don't agree with very much the US is doing right now, I think that the article was pretty much crap. Very few valid points, and a lot of biased/misleading half-truths.

lfantwister 06-02-2006 12:05 PM

[QUOTE]Iraqi people aren't saved yet as they have a bigger chance of getting blown by a car bomb now then they ever have.[/QUOTE]

But what about their chances of getting shot by a malevolent and arbitrary ruler? Or having to face his torturers?

Substitute 06-02-2006 12:20 PM

[QUOTE=Jude]Wait which millions did we save by sponsoring murderous regimes in Philippines, Guatemala, El Salvador, Iraq, Iran, etc?[/QUOTE]

yeah.

What about the boy whose house is demolished by bomb raids, begging reporters to help him find his arms?

Or the man who pulls the remains of his dead wife out of the rubble?

What about the young woman begging for mercy right before the cement wall behind her is decorated with her own brains?

What about the man being beaten for his belief in the town square?

There was an episode of Crossfire in which an Afghan woman told reporters that she wished that Saddam was back in power after the Americans came.

Saddam's in power for about two decades, and after a few months with the Americans, she wishes he were back.

I don't know about you, but I prefer my genocides quick and painless.

nowhesingsnowhesobs 06-02-2006 12:38 PM

social democracy for swedes!

tyranny for arabs!

[QUOTE]There was an episode of Crossfire in which an [B]Afghan [/B]woman told reporters that she wished that [B]Saddam [/B]was back in power after the Americans came.
[/QUOTE]what?

Substitute 06-02-2006 12:40 PM

To be honest, I couldn't remember her nationality.

DBoons Ghost 06-02-2006 01:14 PM

See, the individual tales go both ways though. So if you're going for some kind of pity or shock for these people, in a time of war, you're not gonna get it.

Again, it's war, not paddycakes.