Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   History (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Casual Compendium (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268077)

UncleJam 07-10-2004 10:18 PM

[QUOTE=JoeDaddio]And don't you hate getting that last post on a page, because you know that no one is going to look at it? Maybe it's just me though.... [/QUOTE]

Yep... I asked her a question about music therapy and still no response.

I hate having the few last posts on a page! :upset:

bassweasel 07-10-2004 10:18 PM

whoa!!! youre so mellow :thumb: that wouldve been a deathwish a while ago. LR= smart and UBER kind. not to overstep my bounds LR but if i recall you were an attractive gal.

JoeDaddio 07-10-2004 10:18 PM

And by the way, I'm glad to see Cods out of the pit and back inthe Bass Forum where he belongs :thumb:

joe

bassaholica2004 07-10-2004 10:19 PM

Back when I first started lurking the boards, about 2 years ago, I remember you posting a lot more. Even when I joined with my first acount almost a year ago, you posted more. Are you planning on being more active? That would really be cool, because you are one of the best mods here. :thumb:

cods 07-10-2004 10:19 PM

[QUOTE=JoeDaddio]And by the way, I'm glad to see Cods out of the pit and back inthe Bass Forum where he belongs :thumb:

joe[/QUOTE]

:thumb:! i still have to work at that...not sucking at bass thing, though.

[size=1]cods for mod![/size]

LightRaven 07-10-2004 10:20 PM

[QUOTE=UncleJam]What exactly is the difference in a major of Music Therapy than say... performance or theory. Because right now, I'm a freshman in College and am looking at those two majors but I do not know the difference between one or the other.[/QUOTE]

Music therapy is basically psychology... using music to help people. Performance major is one who is majoring in performing... who has plans on being a professional playing musician. Lots of people don't usually major in performance.. because its basically a piece of paper saying you can play... and what job does that get you? Not a specific job anyway... there are things you can do with a performance major...

a Theory major is one who extensively studies music theory... this is usually the person who wants to become a college music professor at some point. There really is not other reason to major in music theory other than to teach it.

With music therapy, it's a mix of both the psycholigical major and the music major. You have to be able to play an instrument...preferably more than one.. you can audition on bass, but the two instruments that are going to be used most often in the feild are piano and guitar... I can play all three so my *** is covered. You have to go through all the theory courses and stuff like that.. but you have to go through psych courses too... its really awesome. To me, anyway..

LR

Bass+Fingers+Amp=Groove 07-10-2004 10:20 PM

College huh, im about to enter college my self this fall,

Biochem premed.

LightRaven 07-10-2004 10:22 PM

[QUOTE=UncleJam]Yep... I asked her a question about music therapy and still no response.

I hate having the few last posts on a page! :upset:[/QUOTE]

I have a tendancy to type novels when I post, so sometimes it takes a bit longer for a reply... because I can't seem to shut up! lol

LR

UncleJam 07-10-2004 10:23 PM

Thanks for that explination. I was really liking the music performance major... but if you can't really get a specific job in it, hmmm, oh well.

Music therapy does sound pretty cool though. I'm still stuck in the middle between my decision.

:confused:

LightRaven 07-10-2004 10:23 PM

[QUOTE=M0torBreath II]I remember you perm banned me :) but I still consider you as one of the better mods. Whenever I'm in the pit or R&M and there's a bunch of worthless threads, I can normally look forward to going to the bass forum because there isnt as much bull**** here.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember perm banning you... so don't take it personally... because if I remember why and who you were... then I was ultra pissed.. the whole forgive and forget gets away from me during those times :lol:

LR

JoeDaddio 07-10-2004 10:23 PM

[QUOTE=cods]:thumb:! i still have to work at that...not sucking at bass thing, though.

[size=1]cods for mod![/size][/QUOTE]

Technicalities, my friend. Technicalities ;)

joe

Bass+Fingers+Amp=Groove 07-10-2004 10:24 PM

hey raven, so do you play bass, and if so do you have any recordings, soundclick. etc..

UncleJam 07-10-2004 10:25 PM

Late night in the bass forum... let's here it for not having a life. Heh.

Crapdragoon 07-10-2004 10:25 PM

hahah that pineapple list sounds neat!

bv for mod!

JoeDaddio 07-10-2004 10:26 PM

[QUOTE=Bass+Fingers+Amp=Groove]hey raven, so do you play bass, and if so do you have any recordings, soundclick. etc..[/QUOTE]

This pineapplething is sounding pretty good right about now ;)

[SIZE=1]you know I love you, Bass+[/SIZE]

joe

cods 07-10-2004 10:26 PM

i'm suprised i didn't get pineappled.

making threads about hoppus, and picks, and whatnot.

bassweasel 07-10-2004 10:26 PM

[QUOTE=UncleJam]Late night in the bass forum... let's here it for not having a life. Heh.[/QUOTE]
a sat. night no less. shouldnt we all be out playing a club or getting sex in a true rocker fashion? teehee... but yeah she plas upright bass+fingers...

Parentory_Advisal_bass 07-10-2004 10:28 PM

i had an account before, but i didnt use it for a while, and it got erased or something, i dunno, but im back now (puritanicaluphoricmysanthropia) and i remember you being really cool and ridiculously nice to like everyone, you were definitely my favorite mod.

LightRaven 07-10-2004 10:28 PM

[QUOTE=UncleJam]Thanks for that explination. I was really liking the music performance major... but if you can't really get a specific job in it, hmmm, oh well.

Music therapy does sound pretty cool though. I'm still stuck in the middle between my decision.

:confused:[/QUOTE]

I mean... there are specific majors that you do and you know that you can to this that and the other afterwards... and its not like that with a performance major. I'll tell you what you can do with it though... First, you can teach in any PRIVATE school... like christian and catholic schools... but you wouldn't be able to in a public school... they require certification in teaching and an education major. I believe you can teach in college.. but a masters is preferred.

You can do a bunch of things basically.. the thing is... no one is really going to ask you if you have your degree in performance, unless it is a school. can you imagine a studio saying... "hey, we know that you can play and all, but can you show us a piece of paper that basically confirms it... " please! lol.

People who major in performance often go on to get their masters in something more specialized... like music theory, composition... music therapy, etc etc. It's like a starting ground for some. Other's just want the piece of paper because it means they automatically get more.

If you are planning on being in an orchestra though, you'll need your masters in performance.

LR

Bass+Fingers+Amp=Groove 07-10-2004 10:29 PM

oh upright, man no i dont care what she looks like, playing upright makes any one Pi times as sexy and smarter. :cool:

UncleJam 07-10-2004 10:29 PM

[QUOTE=bassweasel]a sat. night no less. shouldnt we all be out playing a club or getting sex in a true rocker fashion? teehee... but yeah she plas upright bass+fingers...[/QUOTE]

:upset:
I could be at a club right now, but my new strings took priority over women.

Pathedic..

:amaze: 07-10-2004 10:30 PM

With music therapy ... what kind of jobs could that get you? I haven't ever heard of a music therapist.

(I'm looking into majoring in music when I go to college...)

:amaze:

cods 07-10-2004 10:31 PM

[QUOTE=UncleJam]Late night in the bass forum... let's here it for not having a life. Heh.[/QUOTE]

but...LR is here. :confused:.

JoeDaddio 07-10-2004 10:31 PM

I should be out drinking, but I have to go to work here in about half an hour. Stupid work getting in the way of my drinking..... ;)

joe

Bass+Fingers+Amp=Groove 07-10-2004 10:32 PM

hey, im her cause im dedacaded to bass, plus me and my gf are drifting...especaly now that we are headed to dif colleges.

LightRaven 07-10-2004 10:32 PM

[QUOTE=Bass+Fingers+Amp=Groove]hey raven, so do you play bass, and if so do you have any recordings, soundclick. etc..[/QUOTE]

..... :amaze: wouldn't it be weird to have a super bass mod, that didn't play bass? I mean, one of the reasons people are modded... and are modded in certian forums is because that is the forum their knowledge is best represented in...

I am a double bassist (upright bass.. 6 foot tall violin), I can also play bass guitar (duh) and guitar and piano...

I have recordings of myself.. on my computer... but its too late for me to be getting on msn or aim to talk.. I've only got one eye open as it is...

:lol:

LR

UncleJam 07-10-2004 10:32 PM

[QUOTE=LightRaven]You can do a bunch of things basically.. the thing is... no one is really going to ask you if you have your degree in performance, unless it is a school. can you imagine a studio saying... "hey, we know that you can play and all, but can you show us a piece of paper that basically confirms it... " please! lol.[/QUOTE]

Haha. Right. I was wanting to have the major so I would be better suited as a musician-for-hire type person (working as a backup for bands/singers in recording studios, and the like) and possibly play clubs.

Theory was my other choice, but I'm not much of a teacher.

I'm meeting with my advisor next week. Hopefully I'll make the right decision. ;)
Thanks alot for explaining that, though.

Parentory_Advisal_bass 07-10-2004 10:32 PM

upright bass is awesome, if i had the cash id go for one of those, but i dont, so im good with my ibanez 5 string, (soon to be Fender Jazz bass 4 :) )

Bass+Fingers+Amp=Groove 07-10-2004 10:33 PM

[QUOTE=JoeDaddio]I should be out drinking, but I have to go to work here in about half an hour. Stupid work getting in the way of my drinking..... ;)

joe[/QUOTE]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

you never sease to make me laugh joe

LightRaven 07-10-2004 10:33 PM

:) you guys are great... and making me blush :lol: I haven't responded to all the posts yet.. cause I'm about to go to bed... but I'll reply tomorrow...:)

L:R