Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hip Hop (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   new elp song (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602061)

daIceman 03-10-2012 03:24 AM

yeah flying lotus is great, really great

matious 03-10-2012 03:28 AM

Yo black up was produced by some random guy named knife knights according to wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Up

But yeah, it's one of the best albums ever

daIceman 03-10-2012 03:34 AM

:DDDD
nope
Black Up is produced by Ish and maybe Tendai... They wanna keep high level of anonymity so they hide under "Knife Knights"

daIceman 03-10-2012 03:39 AM

whole text on the LP back label
"Produced by Knife Knights.plcrs at Gunbeat Serenade Studio in Outplace Palacelands."

....ABSTRACT

so you have no clue who, where, when they produced it :P

matious 03-10-2012 03:50 AM

lol damn thats cool

im free, shit u know im free

kingsoby1 03-10-2012 08:52 AM

they fart into microphones and overlay it on bass lines

WooHa 03-10-2012 10:06 PM

[QUOTE=matious;18820530]none of those are better rappers than him. Cannibal Ox are you serious? What are those guys up to these days? [U]Nothing[/U]. Vast Aire was absolute garbage who was saved by El-P's production. [/QUOTE]
You can't be serious. [B]Vast Aire's verses on [I]The Cold Vein[/I]>Everything El-P ever wrote or will write[/B]. I don't give a shit where these dudes are right now but El-P lyrically can't touch their body of work on their debut album.

And please......this single is garbage. All yall tripping here or something?

publicastration 03-10-2012 10:49 PM

the beat alone is killer wtf are you talking about

Urinetrouble 03-10-2012 11:47 PM

[QUOTE=publicastration;18821408]the beat alone is killer wtf are you talking about[/QUOTE]

WooHa's Greek. He doesn't know any better:lol::lol::lol:

matious 03-11-2012 12:22 AM

[QUOTE=WooHa;18821393]You can't be serious. [B]Vast Aire's verses on [I]The Cold Vein[/I]>Everything El-P ever wrote or will write[/B]. I don't give a shit where these dudes are right now but El-P lyrically can't touch their body of work on their debut album.

And please......this single is garbage. All yall tripping here or something?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Yo, I been nice but you rather put your hat in your sleeve
And break arms like Segaul, don't wear your heart on your sleeve
There's two things in life; fact and belief
Yea, and you best to believe, it's a fact I just rolled the leaf
Def Jux don't care about your culture or creed
Or the color you bleed, and it be Ox versus aliens
All you see is martians piled up
That's jiggy shit; my b-boy chest rises up
You ain't a convict, you got caught jaywalking
And you don't know the alphabet, but you still talking[/QUOTE]

yo son, those are very average lyrics. Thats being generous.

Be a big boy and actually listen to el-p

WooHa 03-11-2012 08:18 AM

[QUOTE=matious;18821443]yo son, those are very average lyrics. Thats being generous.

Be a big boy and actually listen to el-p[/QUOTE]

I actually listen to El-P and love most of his production but calling him a better lyricist than Vast Aire? It's not me the one who has to be a big boy ;)

matious 03-11-2012 03:05 PM

Dude, try to prove otherwise.

Your not going to be able to quote any of his lyrics(they're mediocre), or use his flow as a positive aspect, because he only has 1.

He's garbage, and if your a self-respecting hip hop listener, I'm confident you will eventually figure this out.

matious 03-11-2012 03:08 PM

I'm not trying to make this the "matious needs to validate his own opinions" thread

but guys, c'mon, Vast Aire? Fucking[I] Vast Aire[/I]?

His name is VAST AIRE. Thats lame enough right there.

Tupik 03-11-2012 04:27 PM

Out of Cannibal Ox's Cold Vein, Company Flow's Funcrsuher Plus, and El-P's Fantastic Damage, I'd choose Cold Vein w/o a doubt. Now I'm not sure if that's because of the rapping or the production.

publicastration 03-11-2012 06:06 PM

fantastic damage is my fave out of those purely in terms of production

cold vein probably has the best rapping

kingsoby1 03-11-2012 07:01 PM

vast aire is great, but listen to any vast aire record besides cold vein and tell me it doesn't suck. el-p is easily a better rapper and definitely lifted cold vein up to where it is. everything he touches is a classic pretty much.

robertsona 03-11-2012 10:05 PM

cannibal ox and el-p are both terrible

Simpleton 03-11-2012 10:13 PM

[QUOTE=robertsona;18822153]cannibal ox and el-p are both terrible[/QUOTE]

lol
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuwthdHxBJI[/url]

nice try

matious 03-12-2012 12:03 AM

[QUOTE=kingsoby1;18822110]vast aire is great, but listen to any vast aire record besides cold vein and tell me it doesn't suck. el-p is easily a better rapper and definitely lifted cold vein up to where it is. everything he touches is a classic pretty much.[/QUOTE]

Thanks dog

I just don't understand how the two are even comparable.

Maybe it's cuz we both rep 612.

You excited for soundset? El-P, Danny Bown, Aesop Rock etc. Way better lineup than last year fersure.

kingsoby1 03-12-2012 09:24 AM

damn, might have to go. is el-p there this year? didn't see him on the main webpage. if he's there i am down for sure

matious 03-12-2012 02:40 PM

damn i swear a saw a list where he was on it. damn, i was super excited :(

Still got aesop rock at least

daIceman 03-12-2012 03:16 PM

To be honest EL-P is so much better than vast aire...no doubt

WooHa 03-12-2012 10:38 PM

[QUOTE=matious;18821862]Dude, try to prove otherwise.

Your not going to be able to quote any of his lyrics(they're mediocre), or use his flow as a positive aspect, because he only has 1.

He's garbage, and if your a self-respecting hip hop listener, I'm confident you will eventually figure this out.[/QUOTE]

I can quote any line off The Cold Vein, even those you quoted. I mean you find them wack? If you are a self-respecting hip hop listener you should do your h/w and realize that lyrically Vast Aire in the Cannibal Ox days was way ahead off any El-P time. Besides The Cold Vein he is bad, i accept that. No surprise that you like El-P as an MC that much. Since you are new to this forum why don't you mention any other preferences you have? And last but not least how old are you?

matious 03-13-2012 01:40 AM

[QUOTE=WooHa;18823298]I can quote any line off The Cold Vein, even those you quoted.]

[/quote]
[QUOTE]Plus your girl's sex technology, I wanna plug in
Now every golden egg my goose lay stay golden[/QUOTE]

Damn, your right vast aire really snaps. I'm sorry guys i've been blinded this whole time.:chug:

[QUOTE]I mean you find them wack? If you are a self-respecting hip hop listener you should do your h/w and realize that lyrically Vast Aire in the Cannibal Ox days was way ahead off any El-P time.
[/QUOTE]

I can't even respond to this. Your right, I really haven't been doing my homework, it was foolish to think I could justify my opinion.
[quote]
[B]No surprise that you like El-P as an MC that much.[/B] Since you are new to this forum why don't you mention any other preferences you have? And last but not least how old are you?[/QUOTE]
Why is that?

I'm kinda old

Preferences are music thats rewarding and has replay value.

illmitch 03-13-2012 04:01 AM

funcrusher plus >>>>>>>

also that el-p verse someone quoted reminded me of a lil wayne verse from bun bs second album

[quote]one two three, wait, fo' fo' makes eight
nine times out of ten, it's an eleven or a 12 gauge
friday the 13th, that's the day that hell raised
but y'all boys too weak, like 14 days[/quote]

publicastration 03-13-2012 05:04 AM

except that wayne verse blows

WooHa 03-13-2012 08:37 AM

[QUOTE=matious;18823371]
I can't even respond to this. Your right, I really haven't been doing my homework, it was foolish to think I could justify my opinion.

Why is that?
[/QUOTE]
Why is that?

[I]I'm a Rocky, run a hundred a mile before my coffee[/I]

And then you quote lines off The Cold Vein and baptize them wack...Hmmm

xMalcolmXx 03-13-2012 10:04 AM

[QUOTE=publicastration;18823420]except that wayne verse blows[/QUOTE]

true

that el-p verse fucking rules too. whole song is awesome. except despot. fuck despot.

daIceman 03-13-2012 11:07 AM

second part of that song is fuckin great... Danny Brown and EL-P!!

matious 03-13-2012 12:11 PM

[QUOTE=WooHa;18823521]Why is that?

[I]I'm a Rocky, run a hundred a mile before my coffee[/I]

[/QUOTE]

That line is funny I think. You seem pretty young to be drinking coffee, but when you depend on it, the idea of being able to wake up and run a hundred miles before drinking it is funny.

Maybe that's why you like vast aire, no subtle nuance. Everything he says is clear and obvious.

That chalky outline is a father figure

those are some deep lines man, vast aire is talking about how there are no fathers for the babies in the ghetto. LOL

Sorry to be using hyperbole,
we will have to agree to disagree about this.