Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bass Equipment Reviews (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Yamaha TRB6II (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381616)

Phalanx 08-20-2005 01:26 PM

Yamaha TRB6II

[b]Yamaha TRB-6II[/B]

(out of 5)

[B]Specification[/b]
6 string bass
Ash Body
Rosewood Fretboard
2x Yamaha Alnico Hum Cancelling Humbuckers
Bolt-on Neck
24 Frets
35" Scale
3 Band EQ

[b]Aesthetics[/b]
The Bass looks gorgeous, the orange and brown wood looks amazing enough but with the addition of the Gold hardware, the bass is brought to life, the long neck with its rosewood fretboard adds an even more immense look to the bass, the pearl inlays also look beautiful. The rounded headstock finishs the bass off with 3 tuners on each side making it look complete.

5/5

[b]Tone[/b]
The bass has the most incredible tone I have ever heard, the active pickups just blast away making every note break through like its trying to reach the heavens, equiped with my Roland Cube, i can get a fantastic almost Musicman-Esque tone for funk playing while at the same time a lovely bassy tone. The bass even has a side amount of growl in it but not as much as a warwick. Overall, this bass is suited to any form of playing due to the fantastic electronics.

5/5

[b]Setup[/b]
The bass came with an incredibly low action which was absolutely necessary for getting the high notes to be easy to fret. The bass even has its clingfilm wrapping on it so no scratches. it came with a full battery and a free hard case. It had been played by other people before so its not essentially brand new but you can't actually tell that it isn't as its just had emo kids playing on it for roughly 1 minute about once a month so its pretty much new. The only thing I didn't expect was a slight amount of dirt on the neck which I cleaned off easily. The strings which came with are fantastic

4/5

[b]Playability[/b]
The Bass has an incredibly large neck, infact its probably bigger than a Conklin 7 string neck due to the spacing (20mm). The neck is actually incredibly comfortable and is very easy to get used to. Finger style is a treat, the spacing is great and the neck is very, very fast. I had to alter my slap technique due to the Low B kept ringing but i've got used to it and its perfected my slap technique.

5/5

[b]Value[/b]
The bass was expensive at £800 but it came with a free hard case and a lifetime garuntee and lifetime free setups and repairs. I had to haggle it down from £950 with my mother but its worth every **** penny.

4/5

[b]Overall[/b]
This is my first good bass, uprading from a terrible Vintage V800 four string, this bass is everything I ever wanted in a bass, great slap tone, low B string, lovely for finger style and a huge amount of tonal variety. This is the most incredible bass i've ever played and its so good, that I really can't see myself ever needing to buy another one like it again, all I want now is a fretless and that'll be it. Its not just an incredible 6 string, its an incredible bass and its an incredible instrument.

5/5

[b]Eye Candy[/b]
[img]http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/8922/10002268ey.jpg[/img]

Radiobass81 08-20-2005 03:58 PM

Nice :thumb:.

Machines 08-20-2005 04:22 PM

Lovely bass - i'm a bigger fan of the Trans Red TRB1006 though :D.

Worrpigs 08-20-2005 08:30 PM

beautiful bass. congrats

iceman3019 08-22-2005 04:26 PM

i hate you :angry: . . .

bass 'me' up 08-22-2005 07:30 PM

nice its real funky

Esp Griffyn 08-23-2005 03:58 AM

Nice one :thumb:

kev_trb1006 08-23-2005 06:46 AM

wassup ma TRB brethrin

Phalanx 08-23-2005 07:29 AM

[QUOTE=kev_trb1006]wassup ma TRB brethrin[/QUOTE]

can I be in the Yamaha Club as well? :wave:

kev_trb1006 08-23-2005 05:10 PM

of course you can lol welcome aboard!!!

Phalanx 08-24-2005 05:19 AM

hehe, im one of the gang now

kaiser 08-24-2005 06:45 AM

nice bass!

how much did it cost? if you don't me asking.. :naughty:

Phalanx 08-25-2005 06:27 AM

set me back £800 but I get free life time warranty, a free case and it was setup to perfection

Acrophobia 12-31-2005 06:05 AM

I'd say that the best thing about the bass is it's electronics. The sound you get out of it can match every style there is to play in music, absolutely fantastic tone. However for me (who plays a lot of metal and so likes to do "wild" performances) it isn't the best bass, as it is rather bulky and requires a lot of concentration to play because of the 6 strings and the wide neck (very nice for slapping though). I can't believe the price you payed! Mine almost cost me $2000 and I wasn't even supposed to get a case with it (luckily I did)!

ono69 12-11-2007 02:54 AM

a lovely monster