Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   CD Reviews Archive (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Request A Review (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272933)

Bartender 12-29-2004 10:15 PM

You're all set, then.

I'm hoping to have one or two of my own up soon :(

Per Ardua Ad Astra 12-29-2004 10:24 PM

Anybody have any black metal requests before i have to go back to school? This could be your last chance at a coveted Per Ardua review.

EDIT: Dibs on Bathory - Blood, Fire, Death.

Bartender 12-29-2004 10:31 PM

Cruachan - Tuatha Na Gael

Only if possible. Other than that, I have no specific requests.

Zappa 12-29-2004 10:33 PM

Should I do another jazz album, or something ROCKIER?

cbmartinez 12-29-2004 10:33 PM

Yo Bar tizzle, am I back on the HoF?

edit: Scratch that, I already is.

Per Ardua Ad Astra 12-29-2004 10:34 PM

I haven't heard that much Cruachan, all i've heard are some tracks from 'Pagan' which i found to be pretty funny.
How can you take lyrics like this...
The wife she has the hairy thing, a hairy thing, a hairy thing
The wife she has the hairy thing, she showed it to me on Sunday
She bought it in the furrier's shop, bought it in the furrier's shop
She bought it in the furriers's shop, it's going back on Monday

seriously?

Bartender 12-29-2004 10:37 PM

Pagan is their newest album (which I haven't heard), so it's probably about 0% black metal. After Tuath Na Gael they dropped the black bit, and just went with Irish folk and metal. Chances are that's a traditional folk song; even if not, that'll be what it's based on.

Bartender 12-29-2004 10:38 PM

[QUOTE=Zappa]Should I do another jazz album, or something ROCKIER?[/QUOTE]

Can't speak for anyone else, but I'd be perfectly happy with more jazz. What would you do if you went rockier, though?

Per Ardua Ad Astra 12-29-2004 10:40 PM

Yeah, it's basically pure irish folk with more punk influences than metal. It's especially funny because he sings the vocals extremely fast and his voice gets higher with his line.

Zappa 12-29-2004 10:51 PM

[QUOTE=Bartender]Can't speak for anyone else, but I'd be perfectly happy with more jazz. What would you do if you went rockier, though?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking perhaps "I Against I" by Bad Brains. For some reason my favorite albums to review end up being either punk or jazz. Strange.

br3ad_man 12-29-2004 11:57 PM

[QUOTE=Per Ardua Ad Astra]EDIT: Dibs on Bathory - Blood, Fire, Death.[/QUOTE]

I'll look foward to that.

dUSK 12-30-2004 06:15 AM

Ok I posted my first review just before, The Butterfly Effect - Begins Here. If you guys/girls (if there are any) could give it a look it would be nice to get suggestions for future reviews. Thanks:thumb:

Holyed 12-30-2004 08:12 AM

Im going to write a review for the new Sonata Arctica album - Reckonining Night. So ill have dibs on that.

Arrakakaka 12-30-2004 08:59 AM

[QUOTE=AntiHero3314]Umm... I think this is the answer you're looking for.[/QUOTE]
Dang,Saturate is taken..
Then i call dibs on Breaking Benjamin-We Are Not Alone

Arrakakaka 12-30-2004 09:44 AM

It says the review archive thingy is closed?How am i susposed to do the review?Is there a link to follow or what?

Bartender 12-30-2004 09:48 AM

On the CD Reviews main page, click "New Thread", in the top left corner. It's just like creating a thread in any other forum, except for the subject line you put the name of the album, in the form of;

(Genre/style) Band - Album

I add a link to the review to the List once you've posted it.

Bartender 12-30-2004 09:50 AM

[QUOTE=Zappa]I was thinking perhaps "I Against I" by Bad Brains. For some reason my favorite albums to review end up being either punk or jazz. Strange.[/QUOTE]

Well I wouldn't mind reading that, either. I've actually heard some of it too, which I think would be a novelty in reading a review of yours.

Arrakakaka 12-30-2004 09:59 AM

Thanks!

Bartender 12-30-2004 10:00 AM

You're welcome. It's what I'm here for.

Arrakakaka 12-30-2004 11:11 AM

Ok,im done with the review,yeah i have some time..
I call dibs on Breaking Benjamin-So Cold EP

Bartender 12-30-2004 12:18 PM

I'm feeling good today, and for some reason writing is coming easily. I'm also determined to have some reviews done before the New Year/new CD Reviews section, so (and this is a new thing for me) I'm going to take dibs on a few things.

The Blueprint - Phenomenology
Canvas Solaris - Spatial/Design
Canvas Solaris - Sublimation
Carcass - Heartwork
The Chasm - Deathcult For Eternity: The Triumph
Cocteau Twins - Heaven or Las Vegas
Cruachan - Folklore
William Shatner - Has Been

^These I'm sure I'll have done.

Miocene - Refining the Theory
Sean Malone - Cortlandt
Silverginger 5 - Black Leather Mojo
Theory in Practice - Colonising the Sun
The Wildhearts - something

^These I'm not so sure on, but dibs anyway.

Looking over that, it's maybe a little over-ambitious :-/ I also know that I shouldn't take dibs on so much at once, but that shouldn't matter; these dibs expire on the 1st of January, New Year's Day (my time).

EDIT: I couldn't be bothered to edit them into proper place in the dibs section in the first post, so I've just put them in a block at the bottom.

Iai 12-30-2004 12:30 PM

[QUOTE=Bartender]Cocteau Twins - Heaven or Las Vegas[/quote]
Excellent.

[quote]EDIT: I couldn't be bothered to edit them into proper place in the dibs section in the first post, so I've just put them in a block at the bottom.[/QUOTE]

I'll go alphabetize it for you, since I've been lax in helping out in this thread lately.

Dancin' Man 12-30-2004 01:08 PM

I'm suprised Heartwork hadn't been done yet.

Bartender 12-30-2004 01:28 PM

Me too.

[QUOTE=Iai]
I'll go alphabetize it for you, since I've been lax in helping out in this thread lately.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Arrakakaka 12-30-2004 01:38 PM

ok,the EP review is done..it was only 5-tracks :lol: that was easy

Dancin' Man 12-30-2004 02:36 PM

[url]http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6080255#post6080255[/url]

Agalloch - The Mantle

ATC 12-30-2004 02:45 PM

i..solemnly..promise..to..read..the..reviewed..list..and..stop..using..the..search..function.

i lost about 20 minutes of my life, reviewing metallica- load because the search feature said load was not reviewed. i was supposed to review the black album track by track. just before posting, i saw the load review in the reviewed list. so it went in there. me sorry.

i'll do live-awake, tomorrow. might as well do a few over the new year. i don't sleep much even with the alcohol.

my apologies again.

ATC 12-30-2004 02:49 PM

i'd like someone to review anything by big wreck or thornley.

thornley's the lead singer of big wreck anyway. his new solo album rocks.
he sounds amazing, kinda like chris cornell.
no one's heard of them :upset: . see what happens when 4 music students decide to cut an album? it goes unnoticed because of its intricacy.

check em out. one of the best albums this side of 2000.

Arrakakaka 12-30-2004 03:25 PM

Sorry i forgot to put the link to the EP
[url]http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283965[/url]

Bartender 12-30-2004 03:34 PM

Thanks, but it wasn't necessary. Added it to the List already.