Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Guitar Equipment (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Request A Review (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171350)

br3ad_man 04-14-2004 02:11 AM

Request A Review

If anyone wants reviews done, this is the thread for it.

madcuttlefish 04-14-2004 03:19 PM

Would somebody be so kind as to review the Laney LC or VC series of amps? I've tried both of them out but I just wanted to know if there are any problems or things that you have found with them.

Thanks. :)

Population Zero 04-14-2004 04:11 PM

Would someone please review the American Fender Telecaster (Standard)? I'm thinking of buying one, and I want to read a few of your guy's reviews on it.

guitarded_chuck 04-14-2004 04:24 PM

Gibson SG and Les Paul.

VoodooChild 04-14-2004 07:05 PM

Ok, I'm wondering if anyone can review some guitar pickups. I just want to know what pickups are good for what kinds of music. When people on the guitar forum say " OH man, I got the EMG 75's and the dimarzios 69's or something" I have no idea what they are saying. Plus I'm sick of the p/u in my guitar so I'm looking for some new ones. Proabably something good for blues and something good for a classic rock sound (Zep,AC/DC, ect). Also, I think this little review/guide could help out a lot of other n00bs so maybe the review could be stickied in the guitar forum. So if you could jsut do it in this kind of format it would be perfect.

Blues - This and that and those.

Jazz -

Metal -

Rock -

categories keep going...

Sorry for being so picky and everything but if someone could do this it would be super helpful to tons of people IMO. Anyway, thanks to whoever does this. Try to make it really in depth.

dougefresh 04-16-2004 03:09 PM

Ovation CS series Acoustics
Also the Applause versions of them

I don't really know if I want the more expensive version of those, but I want to know a little bit about each of them. I've played the Ovation, but I noticed Applause (probably owned by Ovation) has a cheaper model of them. Thanks

Luxor 04-16-2004 08:21 PM

I'm thinking about picking up one of the Epiphone G series guitars. It would be much appreciated if someone could do a review on any of the following guitars;

Epiphone G-310
Epiphone G-400 Custom

italic zero 04-16-2004 09:15 PM

[QUOTE=VoodooChild]Ok, I'm wondering if anyone can review some guitar pickups. I just want to know what pickups are good for what kinds of music. When people on the guitar forum say " OH man, I got the EMG 75's and the dimarzios 69's or something" I have no idea what they are saying. Plus I'm sick of the p/u in my guitar so I'm looking for some new ones. Proabably something good for blues and something good for a classic rock sound (Zep,AC/DC, ect). Also, I think this little review/guide could help out a lot of other n00bs so maybe the review could be stickied in the guitar forum. So if you could jsut do it in this kind of format it would be perfect.

Blues - This and that and those.

Jazz -

Metal -

Rock -

categories keep going...

Sorry for being so picky and everything but if someone could do this it would be super helpful to tons of people IMO. Anyway, thanks to whoever does this. Try to make it really in depth.[/QUOTE]

I can give you the lowdown on Seymour Duncan pickups, but I don't have much experience with EMG or Dimarzio.

Left Face Down 04-16-2004 09:22 PM

[QUOTE=italic zero]I can give you the lowdown on Seymour Duncan pickups, but I don't have much experience with EMG or Dimarzio.[/QUOTE]

Seeing you are experienced, atleast you know the "lowdown", with SD pickups can you tell me how the 59'/Jazz/Custom Custom/Distortion are.... I am getting a new guitar probably next month and from the SD website I have chosen a Jazz (neck) Custom Custom (bridge) combo (though it was either Jazz/59' neck and CC/Distortion for bridge I would like personal info) or Dimarzio Super 3(neck) Evolution (bridge)... if you know anything about those Dimarzios can some one give me some info about how they actually sound live... seeing no one ever has them in guitars at stores..

VoodooChild 04-16-2004 09:27 PM

[QUOTE=italic zero]I can give you the lowdown on Seymour Duncan pickups, but I don't have much experience with EMG or Dimarzio.[/QUOTE]

Yea, go ahead. It's a good start. :)

LoveBuzzed 04-16-2004 10:39 PM

Anyone played the Epiphone Zakk Wylde Signature axe?
If so, post a review!!

Thanks. :)

artificial infection 04-17-2004 11:29 AM

[QUOTE=Left Face Down]Seeing you are experienced, atleast you know the "lowdown", with SD pickups can you tell me how the 59'/Jazz/Custom Custom/Distortion are.... I am getting a new guitar probably next month and from the SD website I have chosen a Jazz (neck) Custom Custom (bridge) combo (though it was either Jazz/59' neck and CC/Distortion for bridge I would like personal info) or Dimarzio Super 3(neck) Evolution (bridge)... if you know anything about those Dimarzios can some one give me some info about how they actually sound live... seeing no one ever has them in guitars at stores..[/QUOTE]

umm i guess i could do a DiMarzio Humbucker guide

guitargirl182 04-17-2004 11:48 AM

fender deluxe fat strat? my friend says it sucks is this true?

Roin McDink 04-18-2004 07:59 PM

^ i got a fat strat the humbucker it comes with isnt great, its prolly the same on deluxe except the deluxe doesnt have the single coils, i am planning on replacing my humbucker with a better one

Elz`Guitar` 04-21-2004 08:30 PM

Can anyone review an Ibanez RG1570?

LCB Army 04-22-2004 04:47 PM

Can someone do a review on the Marshall MF350h?

Left Face Down 04-22-2004 09:28 PM

[QUOTE=Elz`Guitar`]Can anyone review an Ibanez RG1570?[/QUOTE]

I think I can handle that, get it up in a day or two, if any one hasn't already been assigned the job..

Can some one please review atleast one of the below guitars:
Ibanez Talman (the electrics that have been discontinued for like a decade)
Fender Toronado
Gibson The Paul II

Lizarrd 04-23-2004 06:39 PM

Can anyone do a review on Bill Lawrence L500-R and L500-L pickups? Thanks.

Priority642seat 04-24-2004 07:31 AM

can some one give me a review of the Edwards E-CL-90I please?

metallicafan501 04-24-2004 11:44 PM

can anyone review a KH-202 Kirk Hammett Signature, KH-602 Kirk Hammett Signature, Dave Mustaine Signature DV8-R,or EX-400. all are LTDs

and could someone also review the Gibson Explorer '76 or X-plorer Pro

SomnusLupus 04-25-2004 03:11 PM

Could Someone give me a review of the Takamine LTD 2004, I've heard nothing but praise for it, and I played it (it sounds amazing), but if I shell out 1600, I'm going to be dead broke, so I want to make sure that this is the best possible freaking acoustic/electric (or plain acoustic) for the price.

Blood of Fury 04-26-2004 11:30 PM

I'd be interested in reading a review on Hiwatt guitar amps.

ManWhoSoldTheWorld 04-27-2004 12:01 AM

I'd like to see a review on the Epiphone Les Paul Custom, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting one soon, but I'd like to know what people think of it.

Westone 04-27-2004 07:16 AM

could someone please review piezo pickups? or more specifically the guitars that peavy or schecter make that come with them built in

markobob 04-27-2004 08:16 AM

Someone do a review on the "Ibanez RG2550EX" please?

Left Face Down 04-28-2004 02:04 PM

[QUOTE=markobob]Someone do a review on the "Ibanez RG2550EX" please?[/QUOTE]

You may want to loko at my review over the RG1570, a very similar model... I'm pretty shure it's basicly the same thing with better pickups and a different paint job, or the paint is also on theheadstock not only just on the body...

Detuned0 04-30-2004 10:22 PM

I'd like to see a Peavey XXX Review (the head). Make it in depth too.

Left Face Down 05-01-2004 12:27 AM

[QUOTE=Detuned0]I'd like to see a Peavey XXX Review (the head). Make it in depth too.[/QUOTE]

I am gonna do one over the Peavey XXX 212 on day.... it's not the head but it is the combo version of that head... I'm sure you can get atleast some info off of it, if not a lot. I'll try to get it up with-in the next 48 hours... I have prom tomorr.... well... tonight (it's 1:37a.m. so tech. it's tonight)... so I may be backtracked a little.. I was gonna actually do it tonight but played guitar for two hours instead...

Is any one gonna do any reviews over the guitars I wanted.... a long time ago... please?????

Here again:
Ibanez Talman (the discontinued Electrics)
Fender Toronado
Gibson The Paul II

oxo_cubes 05-01-2004 07:37 AM

Could anyone do a guide/review of £300 ($550ish) guitars, eg-epiphone les pauls, fender strats (the ones that cost £300-if they're any good), ESPs, and anything else there is.
i play metal, rock, and jazz, so i want a sort of all rounder, and i have an MG100dfx.

thanks

Detuned0 05-01-2004 10:50 AM

[QUOTE=Left Face Down]I am gonna do one over the Peavey XXX 212 on day.... it's not the head but it is the combo version of that head... I'm sure you can get atleast some info off of it, if not a lot. I'll try to get it up with-in the next 48 hours... I have prom tomorr.... well... tonight (it's 1:37a.m. so tech. it's tonight)... so I may be backtracked a little.. I was gonna actually do it tonight but played guitar for two hours instead...[/QUOTE]

Alright sweet deal.