Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Punk (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The Official Clash & Joe Strummer Thread (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304613)

guns_of_brixton 09-06-2005 08:47 PM

YEa, a 3 megabyte file only takes 25 minutes on msn :).

Riding_Downstream 09-06-2005 08:50 PM

[QUOTE=guns_of_brixton]You poor souls need slsk. I've got a solid 6 Clash bootlegs :cool:. Live at Bon'd may be the best quality and energy-wise.

Truth. And on [I]Eternity[/I] the percussion he's doing on Armagideon Time is saweet.[/QUOTE]

Whats your slsk, mine is the exact same as my MX name, add me, I want to see some of you Clash stuff

guns_of_brixton 09-06-2005 08:56 PM

My slsk is gunsofbrixton. I've got to organize my files a little better, but you are free to take anything you want, if I'm ever on, that is :).

Maverick_Special 09-07-2005 10:45 AM

Can someone clear this up for me...I keep hearing this rumor that the Clash are going to go on a reunion tour with Tim Armstrong from Rancid as their lead singer. Is there any truth to this?

redstainedeyes 09-07-2005 03:57 PM

I dont know about everyone else, but I'm pretty sure it's just a rumour.

CombatRock 09-07-2005 04:05 PM

[QUOTE=Maverick_Special]Can someone clear this up for me...I keep hearing this rumor that the Clash are going to go on a reunion tour with Tim Armstrong from Rancid as their lead singer. Is there any truth to this?[/QUOTE]

Its fake, dont belive it.

Mild_child 09-07-2005 04:09 PM

[QUOTE=guns_of_brixton]My slsk is gunsofbrixton. I've got to organize my files a little better, but you are free to take anything you want, if I'm ever on, that is :).[/QUOTE]
what's slsk?

don't hurt me

CombatRock 09-07-2005 04:11 PM

We can hurt you over the internet.

slsk= Soul Seek, its a music downloading thing and you can share the music.

JohnXDoesn't 09-07-2005 06:21 PM

[QUOTE=CombatRock]We can hurt you over the internet.

slsk= Soul Seek, its a music downloading thing and you can share the music.[/QUOTE]

Hello Clash board. Just checking in. And yes Combat Rock, the internet can be a very painful place. Especially for those who spread silly rumors.

:smash:

CombatRock 09-07-2005 09:37 PM

hahah, i love silly rumors that arnt going to happen and shouldnt!

This new band im joining, with this guitarist who everyone things is jesus on guitar, he wants to cover Guns of Brixton, he suggested it to me.

guns_of_brixton 09-07-2005 09:45 PM

I could be Jesus on guitar if I wasn't a jew. And I bet you my band's Guns of Brixton will > yours :).

CombatRock 09-07-2005 09:50 PM

Maybe, i dont know, we havent got together yet. i hope to have recordings of us.

JohnXDoesn't 09-07-2005 09:56 PM

[QUOTE=guns_of_brixton]I could be Jesus on guitar if I wasn't a jew. And I bet you my band's Guns of Brixton will > yours :).[/QUOTE]

Hey, Jesus was a jew. And a real original one at that. So i think you qualify.

Could it be?..... jesus_of_brixton!

Not to be confused with Jesus Of Suburbia, God forbid :smash:

RIP Ian Curtis 09-07-2005 10:15 PM

clash covers pwn. I love playing London Calling above all, has plenty of oppurtunity for groovy little fills.

Mild_child 09-08-2005 01:52 PM

[QUOTE=JohnXDoe]Jesus Of Suburbia[/QUOTE]

shut up. :angry:

CombatRock 09-08-2005 03:18 PM

[QUOTE=RIP Ian Curtis]clash covers pwn. I love playing London Calling above all, has plenty of oppurtunity for groovy little fills.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone heard that album that a bunch of bands did covering clash songs.

Mild_child 09-08-2005 03:22 PM

[QUOTE=CombatRock]Has anyone heard that album that a bunch of bands did covering clash songs.[/QUOTE]
i once heard of an album called Charlie does surf and there are a whole bunch of Surf covers of clash songs. i love those kinds of bands, really

sketchyjoe 09-08-2005 03:23 PM

There's loads of Clash tribute albums.

Daniel! 09-08-2005 06:07 PM

[QUOTE=sketchyjoe]There's loads of Clash tribute albums.[/QUOTE]

Many of them not very good.

CombatRock 09-08-2005 07:43 PM

I still havent heard any of them.

guns_of_brixton 09-08-2005 08:23 PM

Sean Flynn is a cool song, and like alot of the stuff on Combat Rock it sounds much like Uncarved Block (teh fluxxurs).

CombatRock 09-09-2005 11:03 PM

Whats Uncarved Block?

Brain Toad 09-09-2005 11:04 PM

[QUOTE=CombatRock]Whats Uncarved Block?[/QUOTE]

Flux of Pink Indians album

Flux > Clash

JohnXDoesn't 09-10-2005 01:22 AM

[QUOTE=Brain Squirmin' Like a Toad]Flux of Pink Indians album

Flux > Clash[/QUOTE]

Sorry Brain is Squrmin'. I have not heard Flux or whartever, and I do not know what or who it is. I'm sure they/it are fine. But I'm afraid that's not possible, my good man. :smash:

All due respect.

CombatRock 09-10-2005 01:23 AM

No one can beat the clash.

Brain Toad 09-10-2005 01:27 AM

Plenty can. But I don't want my head on a Clash whore stick.

JohnXDoesn't 09-10-2005 01:30 AM

[QUOTE=CombatRock]No one can beat the clash.[/QUOTE]

Not with twice the output or twice the talent, IMO. The Clash were something special and unique. And I don't think that is fanboyism. Because I certainly am not one of those. But to my mind, it's just the truth.

/whores current destop made from wallpaper I posted

[url]http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/8558/untitled112vb.jpg[/url]

guns_of_brixton 09-10-2005 09:27 AM

Flux = easily the best anarch-ho band. And from someone eles opinion alot of bands can beat the Clash.

CombatRock 09-10-2005 11:19 AM

[QUOTE=JohnXDoe]Not with twice the output or twice the talent, IMO. The Clash were something special and unique. And I don't think that is fanboyism. Because I certainly am not one of those. But to my mind, it's just the truth.

/whores current destop made from wallpaper I posted

[url]http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/8558/untitled112vb.jpg[/url][/QUOTE]

I like, I like.

KingOfSka 09-10-2005 03:00 PM

There's a hip hop type thing happening where I live called Clash. So my dad is like "Hey do you want to go to this Clash thing, I saw an ad for it in the paper." So obviously I was kind of confused, seeing as Joe Strummer is dead, then I remembered that whole Tim Armstrong re-forming with the Clash, so I told my dad to get tickets. At this point I thought the Clash were coming to where I live, I didn't know it was a f'ucking rap battle.

I was flipping through the Sunday Funnies a couple days later, and saw a big ad for The Clash Rap Battle. After thoroughly banging my head on the wall I went and told my dad to get rid of the tickets, and that there was no way I was going to a rap battle.

That's what happens if you don't do your homework kiddies.