Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rock & Metal (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Rock & Metal Forum: Report Problems/Ask Questions/Make Suggestions (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=580789)

whiteminority 11-15-2010 01:29 AM

sorry, i'm not trying to bitch and make your life any more difficult. just gets a little annoying though :\

Meatplow 11-15-2010 02:33 AM

no, not at you lol

hismajestythepope 11-15-2010 07:30 AM

So what rule did I break?

Meatplow 11-15-2010 07:41 AM

the not arguing with adb over petty bullshit rule

it goes for him too, so don't think i'm singling you out.

iamtherobots 11-15-2010 07:42 AM

Well the thing is, I wasn't arguing with him. I reported him.

I'm not gonna stop posting for a month for reporting someone.

iamtherobots 11-15-2010 07:46 AM

Yeah, just read over the rules.

There's no "reporting ADB" for harassing you, and ignoring it (aside from reporting it) is a month ban on sight rule. You should probably add that one.

Meatplow 11-15-2010 08:01 AM

don't be thick

I warned both of you earlier, and you ignored it. at least Brent admitted fault and tried to convince me why I should stop banning him, as insincere as it may be (we'll see)

dong chavez 11-15-2010 08:04 AM

I'm sorry haz. But there's no rule that says "you're not allowed to report users who we think you should just ignore."

Especially when I wasn't responding to him in the thread where he was harassing me.

Like, I'm trying to appeal here, because I: 1. didn't argue with him. 2. didn't break any rules.

No need to call me thick for criticizing your moderating. Because, the reality is, I didn't break any rules; you're allowed to report other posters for harassing you.

dong chavez 11-15-2010 08:10 AM

[url]http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=588129&page=618[/url]

Here's the page for reference. You can see how like, I straight up stopped responding to Brent.

But you can continue repeating "you were like, arguing with him when we said to ignore him," I guess.

Also, if you want I can link the rules for your reference... because you know, there's no rule against reporting other users for harassment...

Meatplow 11-15-2010 08:36 AM

[QUOTE=dong chavez;18272372]I'm sorry haz. But there's no rule that says "you're not allowed to report users who we think you should just ignore.".[/QUOTE]

Why [I]don't[/I] you just ignore him? This is what I don't understand.

You have continually been asked to, because it is generally a matter of conflicting opinions which escalates into pages and pages of petty bullshit. You two just seem to clash.

[QUOTE=dong chavez;18272372]Like, I'm trying to appeal here, because I: 1. didn't argue with him. 2. didn't break any rules.[/QUOTE]

Appeal at will, but until I hear some sort of solemn agreement that you will not acknowledge the existence of user adb on this forum, respond to any supposed baiting, or imply anything regarding him in your posts well i'm sorry but i'm just gonna have to follow through with this. It has gone on for far too long.

1. It's not about arguing, it is about reporting him for minor things which paint you as being unwilling to let a grudge against him go.
2. Neither did he, technically. And I still initially banned him because you requested it.

[url]http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18269982&postcount=12345[/url]

I think there is wisdom in this post, as much as I don't want to admit it. Sure, it is a grey area but I have witnessed you hide in it too, Mappy.

xMOVEx 11-15-2010 08:55 AM

Look. I'll take a normal ban. Even though I didn't break any rules. But ban on sight for a month is completely out of hand.

I'm not going to stop posting for a month because I got harassed and reported it.

And sorry but attacking someone about their weight out of nowhere isn't "observing" and there's no wisdom in calling it that.

And :
"
1. It's not about arguing, it is about reporting him for minor things which paint you as being unwilling to let a grudge against him go."

Um. Sorry, but this harassment is CONSTANT. I pointed it out then because I'm kind of sick of it.

Once more: I didn't break a single rule.

Fine I'll fucking ignore him, [B]like I already was[/B].

But I didn't fucking break any rules.

xMOVEx 11-15-2010 09:05 AM

And for the record though, you still shouldn't ban users for reporting people for constantly being a dickhead about the same subject. That's just not logical or fair.

Especially when they were already ignoring the user.

But like I said, I was ALREADY ignoring him, so obviously I'll CONTINUE ignoring him.

Meatplow 11-15-2010 09:07 AM

If we drop this subject, and don't raise it again, can we agree to move on?

xMOVEx 11-15-2010 09:13 AM

I'll drop the subject if you unban me, because as I stated before, I still haven't broken any rules.

Meatplow 11-15-2010 09:14 AM

if you insist

which account, is the question

xMOVEx 11-15-2010 09:17 AM

witchxrapist obviously

adb 12-02-2010 08:16 PM

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18296890&postcount=17035

mappy crying and baiting

I've held up my end of the deal of ignoring him for a month, apparently he couldn't last

witchxrapist 12-02-2010 08:23 PM

i very very rarely even address you at all. when i do, it's generally when you're being an argumentative dick to everybody, while acting completely ignorant

i've not been "baiting" you into any arguments, you've just been inciting a plethora of pointless arguments that i comment on

Kill Everything V2 12-05-2010 01:55 PM

so what time today do i get unbanned

Meatplow 12-05-2010 04:59 PM

[QUOTE=adb;18296916]http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18296890&postcount=17035

mappy crying and baiting

I've held up my end of the deal of ignoring him for a month, apparently he couldn't last[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=witchxrapist;18296927]i very very rarely even address you at all. when i do, it's generally when you're being an argumentative dick to everybody, while acting completely ignorant

i've not been "baiting" you into any arguments, you've just been inciting a plethora of pointless arguments that i comment on[/QUOTE]

it's Christmas soon guys do you want a stocking full of coal or what

[QUOTE=Kill Everything V2;18299682]so what time today do i get unbanned[/QUOTE]

as far as I can tell you already are

Aakon_Keetreh 12-05-2010 05:08 PM

haz delivers coal and dildos to all kids that are bad

Anglachel 12-08-2010 05:53 PM

so like

check comm thread
tell me why stupidity isnt a reason to ban someone when their bullshit is neverending

Tyler 12-08-2010 05:54 PM

there's a good chance that when i get the time to read through the last couple of pages there's gonna be a couple bans handed out idk

Anglachel 12-08-2010 06:02 PM

just hold off until im done

TimJim 12-08-2010 06:21 PM

i would like to state that brent is back at it after a short rest

tell him to take it to pnwi plz :)

adb 12-08-2010 07:00 PM

[QUOTE]tell him to take it to pnwi plz [/QUOTE]

I am going to report timjim for doing the exact same thing he's reporting me for

he's arguing evolution or some shit in the comm thread

hypocrite

TimJim 12-08-2010 07:03 PM

we're not arguing using definitions that nobody uses, we're debating the ups and downs of two different theories

qq

adb 12-08-2010 07:20 PM

I know I'm going to get banned obviously, but before I do I would just like to say that I just want equal treatment

it takes two to tango, and anglachel is definitely an instigator

the fucking faith vs logic argument is his doing, he's the facilitator and I reported him about it before itt, quoting him like 9 times saying the same thing

its over with and I'll ignore him in the future :thumb:

Tyler 12-08-2010 07:34 PM

fyi when i said i'd probably end up banning people i didn't just mean brent

Kill Everything V2 12-08-2010 07:50 PM

just me eh

well whatever i asked for it when i bitched about him wanting equality