Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Punk (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The Official Clash & Joe Strummer Thread (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304613)

SlappedByTheClash 05-03-2005 05:51 AM

[QUOTE=guns_of_brixton]If you could somehow hook me up with an mp3 to the Social Distortion cover, I would give you imaginary rep and butt secks.[/QUOTE]

If I had an mp3, it'd already be making it's way around the thread.

But alas, I've only heard it on the radio.

It's on the Lords Of Dogtown soundtrack coming soon, so maybe check that out sometime. Until then, just look around for it, because someone will have it eventually.

Forest_Fire 05-03-2005 12:39 PM

I had to stay home today becuase I was sick, but I slept for a while and then I learned 2 and a 1/2 clash basslines. Oh yes. I rule.

CombatRock 05-03-2005 01:14 PM

which bass lines?

WhiteRiot!, did you listen to RATM version of Clampdown yet?

Forest_Fire 05-03-2005 01:18 PM

Jimmy Jazz, White Man, and 1/2 of Rudie Can't Fail

I can't beleive I never bothered to learn those before

Coma_Girl 05-03-2005 01:20 PM

I'm back from my Green Day (yes, i like them enough to do that) road trip...I met the guys after the show...no, it's a lie.I didn't really met them cause there were ****ing fences and curtains cause the security didnt wanted us to see them walking to their buses...but me and my friends started taking off the curtains (its complicated to do), and everyone else did the same...and when Tre walked to his bus, he helped us to take them off...and I talked to him through the fence, and it went kinda like that:

-Hey, great show...but why don't you tell the security to take off these ****ing fences...we won't kill you, people are here to talk to you and we've been waiting for 2 hours.

- Well, I can't do anything about it

-I'm sure you can, they'll listen to you.It's YOUR staff.It's not how it's supposed to be between a band and their fans.Bands like The Clash tried to fought against that all their lives.Joe Strummer rolls in his grave. :angry:

-(...)Shut up.Shut up.

-Yeah sure. (**dissapointed eyes to make him feel bad.I failed miserably**

We drove all the way to the show,almost died in a car crash, we were in the back so we didnt see most of the show, but we were happy anyway...and he's a complete *******.meh.I was talking about it with a guy, and we came to the conclusion that no matter how much green day have been inspired by the clash, they kinda suck anyway.Joe would have kicked their ***

And I forced my friends to listen to the clash on our way there and they liked it.

Flagjacket 05-03-2005 01:28 PM

Wow. It took you an entire road trip and a concert to figure out that the Clash pwn Green Day? I like Green Day, but I've always known that the Clash > them.

Coma_Girl 05-03-2005 01:40 PM

:rolleyes: i knew it before.

Flagjacket 05-03-2005 02:04 PM

Oh. My bad then. Umm...... wow, I just realized that I've never heard Jimmy jazz.

guns_of_brixton 05-03-2005 02:26 PM

[QUOTE=SlappedByTheClash]If I had an mp3, it'd already be making it's way around the thread.

But alas, I've only heard it on the radio.

It's on the Lords Of Dogtown soundtrack coming soon, so maybe check that out sometime. Until then, just look around for it, because someone will have it eventually.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, well its aight then.

[QUOTE]no matter how much green day have been inspired by the clash, they kinda suck anyway.Joe would have kicked their ***[/QUOTE]

123, Joe would've hit them upside the head with his Telecaster.

And that Green Day guy actually told you to shut up? If so, he's a douche, and a shi[B]tty[/B] drummer. Like the Lamborghini guy.

CombatRock 05-03-2005 02:31 PM

Tre = Lamborghini Guy

Coma_Girl 05-03-2005 02:40 PM

No, no matter how hard I try, I can't hate him. I know he shouldnt tell stuff like that to his fans, but I love him anyway...I'm way too nice. :upset: I feel bad for what I told him though...I pretty much told him he just sucked. He's not a ****ty drummer...Maybe he was just tired, or maybe he has a weird humor sense.Who knows.But he's not like the LB at all.

CombatRock 05-03-2005 03:18 PM

no, that was preety stupid of him just to blow his fans off like that. that made me lose all the respect i had for the guy.

Forest_Fire 05-03-2005 03:23 PM

You have to look at it from his perspctive though. I'm sure he has kids come up to him all the time and tell him that Green Day sucks, or they sold out, or punks hate them blah blah blah. That's gotta be stressful when you are doing what you love.

But then again, I'm sure he could've done something instead of be an a'sshole

sketchyjoe 05-03-2005 03:24 PM

He's in a pop band. What else is he going to do?

guns_of_brixton 05-03-2005 03:25 PM

I don't know, but if a band member refused to talk to me after a show I would have no respect for them, considering I paid to see them.

And I guess he's not a shi[B]tty[/B] drummer, but Topper>him for sure.

Coma_Girl 05-03-2005 03:33 PM

well, he talked to me.but he stopped when i decided to criticize the security...but dustin is right, he sees kids like me every night...he doesnt care if i come home thinking he shouldnt have been mean to me cause if he feels nice tomorrow, he can be nice to people and maybe 15 other kids will come back home thinking he's the nicest guy ever.

anyway, back to the clash now.

SlappedByTheClash 05-03-2005 03:40 PM

That bitch told you to shut up?

No one talks to the Clash Hos like that.

But to keep on subject, I seriously can't wait for Viva Joe Strummer, it's got so many people appearing in it. And then 101'ers material? the next coouple of months are pretty awesome.

I just noticed how many times Mick says "Right?". Goood God.

CombatRock 05-03-2005 03:44 PM

yea Mick always says that!

i need to start saving some money up for i can get me some of those new clash things!

Coma_Girl 05-03-2005 03:46 PM

the good thing with the clash is that i'll never meet them so they won't destroy my life.

SlappedByTheClash 05-03-2005 03:48 PM

Yeah, I wonder if Joe was like Tupac and just stored away like 200 songs, so they'll release a few a year.

That would be so sweet.

Coma_Girl 05-03-2005 03:49 PM

probably not

white_riot 05-03-2005 03:51 PM

[QUOTE]the good thing with the clash is that i'll never meet them so they won't destroy my life.[/QUOTE]

Mick was a champ with the fans. in fury have the hour it says how Mick would invite them back to the Motel and talk to them.

Coma_Girl 05-03-2005 03:55 PM

Yeah...maybe.But I don't want to meet any of my heroes anymore.Ive learned my lesson.But if I had the chance to meet Mick or Topper or Paul, I guess I'd like it anyway...or Joe..but eee..yeah

SlappedByTheClash 05-03-2005 03:57 PM

[QUOTE=white_riot]Mick was a champ with the fans. in fury have the hour it says how Mick would invite them back to the Motel and talk to them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but their was one time where they invited some fans back and ended up smearing sandwiches all over him and their driver beat him up.

Yeah, I think it was mostly the driver's fault, but The Clash let it happen.

It was only one time though, I doubt they let some s'hit like that happen again.

Coma_Girl 05-03-2005 04:01 PM

yeah I read that in Let Fury Have The Hour...I think Mick felt really bad about it though

guns_of_brixton 05-03-2005 04:47 PM

[QUOTE=SlappedByTheClash]Yeah, but their was one time where they invited some fans back and ended up smearing sandwiches all over him and their driver beat him up.

Yeah, I think it was mostly the driver's fault, but The Clash let it happen.

It was only one time though, I doubt they let some s'hit like that happen again.[/QUOTE]

Wait... they smeared a sandwich on the fan :confused:? If so, that sucks for the fan, but is also insanely funny (the sandwiches part, not the beating). I was laughing my a[B]ss[/B] of when I pictured that in my head :lol:.

sketchyjoe 05-03-2005 05:00 PM

They had a food fight and one of the sandwiches hit the driver who got pissed off and went for the kid.

guns_of_brixton 05-03-2005 05:27 PM

[QUOTE=sketchyjoe]They had a food fight and one of the sandwiches hit the driver who got pissed off and went for the kid.[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok, I thought MIck smeared a sandwich on the kid.

Coma_Girl 05-03-2005 05:36 PM

Mick throwing sandwich at me?I think I would have killed myself.

guns_of_brixton 05-03-2005 05:50 PM

I wouldn't mind if Mick threw a sandwich at me.