Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Punk (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The Official Clash & Joe Strummer Thread (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304613)

guns_of_brixton 02-21-2005 09:49 PM

Tough one, and kinda hard to think of, but... I'd say the moment (whenever it was) that Joe wrote Death or Glory. Such an amazing song.

Coma_Girl 02-21-2005 09:50 PM

i guess mine is in westway to the world when he talks about the nothing hill riot...this whole moment but my favorite part is when he says :"and there was this fat women screaming 'OMG they're gonna set the car on fire'..blah blah blah" just so funny.you can see in his eyes that it's a good memorie for him.

i cant think of anything else right now.

CombatRock 02-21-2005 09:53 PM

aaaaah yes i love that part, i think its funny how he says it..and i like it when he did a black person impression on W.T.W. about when they were in kingston and they almost got shot

guns_of_brixton 02-21-2005 09:54 PM

Or it Westway when Paul and Joe (actually, I'm not sure if Joe was involved) were shooting pigeons with a pellet gun, and lots of cops showed up, which inspired Guns on the Roof.

CombatRock 02-21-2005 09:57 PM

ooh yea, that was paul and topper wasnt it

gtg guys

daily show is comming on

and i have a final exam thing for school tomrrow...dont wanna waste and education..later you clashophiles

Coma_Girl 02-21-2005 09:57 PM

"oh piss off ya stupid cunt! you think this is 1976 and you're talking to the ****ing sex pistols?...piss off or i'll piss all over.....if he feels like throwing up its because his stomache hurts, i don't need your ****ing jokes to contend with.......how a bout life and death never mind who pukes on stinking carpets.....we are not teeny-bopping puke group...go read your teeny bop puke magazines"
-Joe Strummer

hahaha...Joe to some ******* reporter who thought it would be funny to poke fun at Topper's drunkeness at an interview....i feel sorry for anyone who hasn't seen this as it truly shows the type of man that Joe was/is.......he may have come off like a dick to some but he truly stood up and defended the man that was close to him (Topper).....Topper looks so defenceless, and Joe gave it his best to make him feel comfortable again......not only that but when Paul leans over to stare at the reporter as if to say, i've got his back really shows the companionship of the band, and the unity that stood between them....

(a post someone did in another forum, and a quote from Joe I really love...i can't agree more with the one who posted that)

guns_of_brixton 02-21-2005 10:02 PM

whoever said that deserves some rep.

Coma_Girl 02-21-2005 10:02 PM

ohhh and its not about joe but i love the part in westway when they dance on a rooftop.:lol:

CombatRock 02-21-2005 10:03 PM

nvm im not going the daily show is a rerun

Coma_Girl 02-21-2005 10:06 PM

[QUOTE=guns_of_brixton]whoever said that deserves some rep.[/QUOTE]
unfortunatly, it's not me...and i found that somewhere on internet, i have no idea who the **** it is.but it's so true.and beautiful.

guns_of_brixton 02-21-2005 10:13 PM

Yeah, definetely something Joe would say.

CombatRock 02-21-2005 10:14 PM

wait was the quote andy posted from joe or somone made it up?

guns_of_brixton 02-21-2005 10:17 PM

I'm not sure. Anyways, I've gotta go, see you guys tomorrow :).

Coma_Girl 02-21-2005 10:18 PM

"oh piss off ya stupid cunt! you think this is 1976 and you're talking to the ****ing sex pistols?...piss off or i'll piss all over.....if he feels like throwing up its because his stomache hurts, i don't need your ****ing jokes to contend with.......how a bout life and death never mind who pukes on stinking carpets.....we are not teeny-bopping puke group...go read your teeny bop puke magazines"

this part is joe for real

hahaha...Joe to some ******* reporter who thought it would be funny to poke fun at Topper's drunkeness at an interview....i feel sorry for anyone who hasn't seen this as it truly shows the type of man that Joe was/is.......he may have come off like a dick to some but he truly stood up and defended the man that was close to him (Topper).....Topper looks so defenceless, and Joe gave it his best to make him feel comfortable again......not only that but when Paul leans over to stare at the reporter as if to say, i've got his back really shows the companionship of the band, and the unity that stood between them....

this part is the comment someone post about the quote in another forum

CombatRock 02-21-2005 10:22 PM

[QUOTE=guns_of_brixton]I'm not sure. Anyways, I've gotta go, see you guys tomorrow :).[/QUOTE]
later sean

CombatRock 02-21-2005 10:23 PM

ooh, andy i thought you were going to bed

Coma_Girl 02-21-2005 10:24 PM

i thought i was goign too bed too...but this forum...is...evil.

guns_of_brixton 02-21-2005 10:24 PM

Nevermind, I'm going to do homework and post ar the same time. These forums are too addicting!

CombatRock 02-21-2005 10:25 PM

same case with me, and i have one of the biggest test of the year tomrrow at school

Coma_Girl 02-21-2005 10:28 PM

we should all go to bed and dream about the clash!so tomorrow we'll have a new element in our thread..."who dreamed about the clash last night?"

guns_of_brixton 02-21-2005 10:29 PM

[QUOTE=combatrock*bass]same case with me, and i have one of the biggest test of the year tomrrow at school[/QUOTE]

good luck, especially if its math.

CombatRock 02-21-2005 10:29 PM

i had a dream about he clash and we were riding ponies and unicorns and eating tulupis

CombatRock 02-21-2005 10:31 PM

[QUOTE=guns_of_brixton]good luck, especially if its math.[/QUOTE]

no its reading

the math exam is a couple of months....readings really easy..and im planning on bringing my NME clash mag. for after the test

Coma_Girl 02-21-2005 10:31 PM

i can go to bed now. 600 posts.and i wanted it to be about the clash, like my first post ever.

so yeah, i love the clash.and joe.joe is awesome.and i got the london calling legcy edition for christmas and the vanilla studios were transformed in a church...the one who ****s the nuns will later join the church heh!:lol:

CombatRock 02-21-2005 10:34 PM

haha i didnt know it was made in a church..im getting smarter and smarter talking to you andy

guns_of_brixton 02-21-2005 10:34 PM

[QUOTE=combatrock*bass]i had a dream about he clash and we were riding ponies and unicorns and eating tulupis[/QUOTE]

I've always wanted to ride ponies with the Clash too :thumb:.

CombatRock 02-21-2005 10:38 PM

who hasnt had that dream...but really yall i gtg..peace

guns_of_brixton 02-21-2005 10:39 PM

[QUOTE=combatrock*bass]no its reading

the math exam is a couple of months....readings really easy..and im planning on bringing my NME clash mag. for after the test[/QUOTE]

I did horrible in math :upset:

guns_of_brixton 02-21-2005 10:40 PM

[QUOTE=combatrock*bass]who hasnt had that dream...but really yall i gtg..peace[/QUOTE]

see ya later travis

guns_of_brixton 02-21-2005 11:02 PM

I want my 500th post to be in this thread, and I dedicate it to Joe :).

SlappedByTheClash 02-22-2005 06:49 AM

You queers, you have like 10 more posts than I do in this thread.

How anyone can stay up past 12:00 is beyond me. Unlike you crazy kids, I needs me sleeps.

This thread is pretty crazy though, 350 posts in two days by four people? We rock.

albert_bass 02-22-2005 08:08 AM

No, you suck.

A little.

CombatRock 02-22-2005 02:37 PM

ahhh..the thread still lives..i was reading in that NME mag. and it had an interview with joe.and joe said that his brother was a nazi...and his brother commited suicide. yall know that?

guns_of_brixton 02-22-2005 03:14 PM

[QUOTE=combatrock*bass]ahhh..the thread still lives..i was reading in that NME mag. and it had an interview with joe.and joe said that his brother was a nazi...and his brother commited suicide. yall know that?[/QUOTE]

I never knew that. And how did the reading exam go?

CombatRock 02-22-2005 03:20 PM

eeeeeeeeeasy..finished in less than an hour so i got the whole time to read in tht mag.

guns_of_brixton 02-22-2005 03:25 PM

Yea, I've got a test tomorrow, but my motto is f.uck studying, so I'll be here all day.

This thread has taken away my life :(.

SlappedByTheClash 02-22-2005 03:49 PM

I said goodbye to a life the day I stumbled upon Mx.

Coma_Girl 02-22-2005 04:10 PM

[QUOTE=combatrock*bass]ahhh..the thread still lives..i was reading in that NME mag. and it had an interview with joe.and joe said that his brother was a nazi...and his brother commited suicide. yall know that?[/QUOTE]
i knew he commited suicide.didnt know he was a nazi though.i know Joe really loved his brother and he really loved grenada (spain) and he once said that his brother would be still alive if he knew a cool place like grenada existed.spanish bombs...in grenada! :D

SlappedByTheClash 02-22-2005 04:12 PM

Spanish songs in Andalucia, back to the sites in the days of 39.

Or something like that.

Jessizzle 02-22-2005 04:16 PM

That was Such a sexy bio. hahaha.