Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   History (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Dinosaurs Compatible With Christianity? (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=355814)

Volumnius Flush 06-23-2005 10:58 PM

You are about the worst poster of the past few months in here. I stood by and said nothing, but you really don't know what you're talking about.

A quote from italic zero for you: Reading comprehension isn't your strong point is it?

RouteOne 06-23-2005 11:00 PM

[QUOTE=Volumnius Flush]You are about the worst poster of the past few months in here. I stood by and said nothing, but you really don't know what you're talking about.

A quote from italic zero for you: Reading comprehension isn't your strong point is it?[/QUOTE]
I really do not care. At least I am sane. I truely believe you are brainwashed.

_ThisSecretNinja_ 06-23-2005 11:02 PM

[QUOTE=max_facekick]Hey, the whole noah's ark thing DID happen. I mean, its possible for one human to create a large enough boat for every species of every organism, assuming none of them ate eachother, put a hole in the boat, or died nonetheless. Not to mention there are over 600,000 species of insects alone.... ITS POSSIBLE YOU BABY KILLIN' HEATHENS!!![/QUOTE]

Dinosaurs are extinct becaued Noah couldnt fit the bastards onto his ark :lol:

Volumnius Flush 06-23-2005 11:05 PM

[QUOTE=amostbitterseason]I really do not care. At least I am sane. I truely believe you are brainwashed.[/QUOTE]

Then I brainwashed myself because I came up with this myself. I told my dad and sister Leann and they basically laughed their heads off at me. :upset: No website, self-proclaimed messiah, enlightened one, or cult leader let me in on this.

[QUOTE=_ThisSecretNinja_]Dinosaurs are extinct becaued Noah couldnt fit the bastards onto his ark :lol:[/QUOTE]

Good ****ing point dude. :lol:

RouteOne 06-23-2005 11:06 PM

[QUOTE=Volumnius Flush]Then I brainwashed myself because I came up with this myself. I told my dad and sister Leann and they basically laughed their heads off at me. :upset: No website, self-proclaimed messiah, enlightened one, or cult leader let me in on this.

Good ****ing point dude. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Well, good luck with your theories then...... :rolleyes:

Trivium 06-23-2005 11:07 PM

oh as far as the noahs arc thing, some dude calculated that id have to be roughly half the size of the state of rhode island to actually work.

Thats a few hundred thousand times larger than any other boat in history.

I could shoot down about 20 other biblical tales, but i wont

RouteOne 06-23-2005 11:08 PM

That is because the book of genesis is largely tales that make a moral point and lesson. They were not true but there to teach a point. Those are words straight from my theology teacher's mouth.

Volumnius Flush 06-23-2005 11:10 PM

[QUOTE=amostbitterseason]That is because the book of genesis is largely tales that make a moral point and lesson. They were not true but there to teach a point. Those are words straight from my theology teacher's mouth.[/QUOTE]

Theologists are mostly bull**** anyway. Most seminaries are led by secularists who got a degree to teach in that field.

RouteOne 06-23-2005 11:11 PM

[QUOTE=Volumnius Flush]Theologists are mostly bull**** anyway. Most seminaries are led by secularists who got a degree to teach in that field.[/QUOTE]
I go to a strict Catholic High school and an old world nun teaches my theology class....

Volumnius Flush 06-23-2005 11:13 PM

Then your nun is a tool.

RouteOne 06-23-2005 11:14 PM

[QUOTE=Volumnius Flush]Then your nun is a tool.[/QUOTE]
Right, anyone who disagrees with your point of view is either a tool or sent by Satan to corrupt man. :rolleyes:

BassRevelation1029 06-23-2005 11:19 PM

[QUOTE=Volumnius Flush]Then your nun is a tool.[/QUOTE]
ROFL....

Volumnius Flush 06-23-2005 11:21 PM

[QUOTE=BassRevelation1029]ROFL....[/QUOTE]

Well, it's true. You tell 'em Bass about all the liberal secularists teaching at seminaries nowadays.

RouteOne 06-23-2005 11:23 PM

[QUOTE=Volumnius Flush]Well, it's true. You tell 'em Bass about all the liberal secularists teaching at seminaries nowadays.[/QUOTE]
She isn't liberal in the least. She believes gays are evil, she's pro-life and condemns sex as a act of hatred towards god. She may be strict, but she does have common sense about bible meanings.

Hive 06-23-2005 11:26 PM

the whole dinosaurs being a hoax thing was blown away with the invention of carbon 14 dating.

Trivium 06-23-2005 11:27 PM

but these christian retards say that its fake

everything they learn in science are lies by satan

(If you agree with a word of that, I recommend suicide)

Volumnius Flush 06-23-2005 11:27 PM

[QUOTE=Hive]the whole dinosaurs being a hoax thing was blown away with the invention of carbon 14 dating.[/QUOTE]

C14 Dating doesn't prove dinosaurs exist. It contradicts the Bible.

[QUOTE=Trivium]but these christian retards say that its fake

(If you agree with a word of that, I recommend suicide)[/QUOTE]

For you I recommend the death penalty.

Hive 06-23-2005 11:29 PM

[QUOTE]C14 Dating doesn't prove dinosaurs exist. It contradicts the Bible.[/QUOTE]
Of course it does. It tells you the EXACT age of anything. How could dinosaurs be a hoax if the bones they left behind have been around for millions of years?

Hive 06-23-2005 11:30 PM

[QUOTE]For you I recommend the death penalty.[/QUOTE]
for you, I recommend a grade 8 science text book and a hearty dose of reality.

maxiscool 06-23-2005 11:31 PM

Dinosaurs = real - Go to a muesem if you dont belive me.

Pangea = real - There is ton of evidence to back this up and you could test it yourself put a stake in the ground buy a gps mark the stake on the gps wait a year and it should move a couple inches.

RouteOne 06-23-2005 11:31 PM

[QUOTE=Hive]for you, I recommend a grade 8 science text book[/QUOTE]
Common sense+++

BassRevelation1029 06-23-2005 11:33 PM

[QUOTE=Trivium]but these christian retards say that its fake

[/QUOTE]
I see ignorance is still alive and kicking.

Volumnius Flush 06-23-2005 11:35 PM

[QUOTE=Hive]Of course it does. It tells you the EXACT age of anything. How could dinosaurs be a hoax if the bones they left behind have been around for millions of years?[/QUOTE]

The Earth was for the most part created in 4004 BC. Before that, there was nothing but darkness, no land, no water, just a big sphere. If the dinos did exist, it was in co-existence with man.

[QUOTE=BassRevelation1029]I see ignorance is still alive and kicking.[/QUOTE]

Am I one of the ignorants you disagree with? Will you assess my Christianity? I just know you're held in pretty high regard and I usually like what you have to say. What do you think of my beliefs that you've heard from me so far?

Trivium 06-23-2005 11:40 PM

[QUOTE=Volumnius Flush]C14 Dating doesn't prove dinosaurs exist. It contradicts the Bible.
[/QUOTE]

HOLY F[SIZE=1]U[/SIZE]CKING S[SIZE=1]H[/SIZE]IT

this is a really long post, for your select ignorance, you deserve it :thumb:

[B]Evolution:[/B]

why did god give us an apendix, or tonsils, or wisdom teeth?

they just cause problems, we get rid of them.

If you dont believe in evolution, then you were raised by parents who forced their religious bullcrap on you, or your not able to realize what is clearly obvious. The bible is a book, its a good book, however its not the only book, all it is, a book, letters and spaces on paper.

The bible was not dropped from heaven, it is mans creation.

[B]Creation:
[/B]

nope, not at all, there IS a higher power as far as im concerned, I just cant fathom how we ended up here.

Though the evidence supporting singularity beats the genesis tale, its fine.

All of the universe's matter was once at a single point, then it went boom, the momentum from that is what still drives the universe's expanson now.

If you choose religion to find meaning in life, to have guidance in times of need, then thats a really great thing, and your using it to benefit yourself in the ways it should.

Religion is taken to far when you believe all the stories in the bible as history and truth, not just lessons to be learned.

[B]Afterlife:[/B]

Ok, your are an african person, just go with me for a second.

your religion has 20 gods, for elements of nature. Your place when you die is to go to a large green ocean (whatever).

Now, so you die, youve lived a great life, done great things for many people.

Do you go to gods heaven?

If we were all "put" here by god, wouldnt we all go to the same place?

how could our choices/upbringing in society effect where we go when we die?

I mean come on, there is no way to know, god dosnt help either
[B]
more creation:[/B]

ok yeah a discovery is something that would have existed without our influence

and about creation and science being equally bad

I think because the universe is still expanding, planets 15 billion light years away have similar compisitions to ones in our solar system, that we existed at singularity, and the momentum from the "big bang" still carries our universe.

"God" saying, eh what the fcuk ill just make some **** in 7 days is rediculous, is dosnt account for the earth existing for as long as it does.

If the history of the earth was spanned out on a football field, humans would exist in less then the last blade of grass.

If the history of the earth was in a year, humans would have existed for the last 3 seconds.

I dont remember what day he created humans, 5th I think, but the 7 day thing is rediculous. At least the big bang holds some value.

[B]Bibles historical value:
[/B]

When I talked about adam and eve, the only way for the human race to continue, would have been through incest, all of their children would have had to breed with eachother to continue the human race.

Genesis is not an account of the creation of the world, the bible was written by man, not written by god then dropped down onto the earth. There is no way to prove god exists, there is no way to prove he dosnt. Though you could say the same for santa clause.

Santa has many books written about him, and many believers. Kind of like god.

I defined faith up there ***Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence***. The dictionary said exactly that. Faith is what you have in god, the bible, etc.

The bible is not a history, it is a set of stories put into a book with minor historical qualities. Noah's arc, adam and eve, story of moses, Easter... All lessons, about sin, leading a good life.

Weather religion is true or not, it helps you lead a good life because it provides a set and a code of morals.

That is its purpose, to explain though god what we cannot understand, and to provide a code of morals.

[url]http://www.qhcoc.org/Biblestudy/UnderStandBible/IntroBible_02.html[/url]

a site on the purpose of the bible. No where, ANYWHERE, is the bible sited as a historical text. My history book's accounts of 3000 BC-1000 AD, no where has anything to do with the bible.

When it goes over christianity, it makes reference to the bible as a religious book, the bible is no more historical than the Qu'ran, or any other religous book.
[B]
Plate tectonics:[/B]

there is immense evidence supporting that the earth once had pangea, the super continent.

They have found evidence of tropical areas in northern canada, ice caps in the middle of brazil.

How?, well once these areas were farther south, in pangea.

South america and africa fit together, if put together, mountain ranges connect.

How then, could a small species of animal have remains in china, and equador?, I dont think it can swim accross a 3000 mile ocean.

The plates move, period, we have earthquakes.

They move 2 cm a year, allowing for pangea to have occured 300 million years ago

...or did "god" do it?

[COLOR=Blue]BIBLE: [/COLOR]The sacred book of Christianity, a collection of ancient writings including the books of both the Old Testament and the New Testament.
[COLOR=Blue]
RELIGION: [/COLOR]
1. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
2. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
2. The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
3. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
4. A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

Do you see the word fact, history, reference>

Its a set of beliefs to lead a better life, explanation for the unknown

NOTHING MORE

[QUOTE=Volumnius Flush]The Earth was for the most part created in 4004 BC. Before that, there was nothing but darkness, no land, no water, just a big sphere. If the dinos did exist, it was in co-existence with man.[/QUOTE]

:slap:

dinosaurs, the thousands of different kinds, went through different periods, example:

Jurassic: from 190 million to 135 million years ago; dinosaurs; conifers

But the earth was created in 4004 in bc

heh, guess my dictionary is wrong. Well since the bible is the only "real" book out there then whatever.

You cannot say the bible is right "because the bible said so"

I believe that the encycopedia is right, because it has thousands of sources, the bible does not have a source, it is a HOLY TEXT, not a history.

Hive 06-23-2005 11:41 PM

[QUOTE]The Earth was for the most part created in 4004 BC[/QUOTE]
if you still believe that, you should go back to medieval times. Do you go to school? Have you read a single scientific article in the last 90 years?

BassRevelation1029 06-23-2005 11:41 PM

[QUOTE=Volumnius Flush]
Am I one of the ignorants you disagree with? Will you assess my Christianity? I just know you're held in pretty high regard and I usually like what you have to say. What do you think of my beliefs that you've heard from me so far?[/QUOTE]
I hope you know that i wasnt talking to/about you.

Hive 06-23-2005 11:42 PM

^
Trivium: If I could give you rep points, I most definately would

Volumnius Flush 06-23-2005 11:44 PM

[QUOTE=BassRevelation1029]I hope you know that i wasnt talking to/about you.[/QUOTE]

Ohh no. Yeah, I was just asking if you think that my view on Christianity is skewed, implying I'm ignorant, or if I'm pretty well on target. :cool:

Trivium 06-23-2005 11:45 PM

Volumnius Flush

read my post, that took a crap load of time, and it was directed towards you

RouteOne 06-23-2005 11:47 PM

[QUOTE=Trivium]Volumnius Flush

read my post, that took a crap load of time, and it was directed towards you[/QUOTE]
He'll probably just end up saying "it contradicts the bible" or "Scientists are sent from Satan to corrupt man".