Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rock & Metal (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Rock & Metal Forum: Report Problems/Ask Questions/Make Suggestions (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213795)

Permanent Solution 04-21-2009 12:35 PM

If we made them permanent bans they'd get over it. They don't know scripting and such (to my knowledge) so taking 2 minutes to register an account it takes us 10 seconds to ban...seems like they'd realize they fought a losing war very quickly.

Glitterati 04-21-2009 12:36 PM

[QUOTE=Britney Diva;17194291]uh oh stevo standing up to the big bad moderators[/QUOTE]

dave vs. goliath

Permanent Solution 04-21-2009 12:43 PM

I am unfamiliar with this incident but I endorse and highly approve of it.

Dimmu Burger 04-21-2009 01:17 PM

[QUOTE=Permanent Solution;17194286]not that spam is a bannable offense or anything.[/QUOTE]

People were saying they didn't like my avatar so I had to ef them up. =)

Permanent Solution 04-21-2009 01:18 PM

i'm afraid that's not quite how it works

The Feeding 04-21-2009 01:54 PM

can't let bitches disrepect you!

Apocalyptic Raids 04-21-2009 08:32 PM

[QUOTE=Britney Diva;17194331]****, Johno would remember who it was

edit: it was I'm Charming:

[url]http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12861670&postcount=22[/url][/QUOTE]
:')

MUDSTOMPER 04-21-2009 09:36 PM

Dear mods,

If you're going to ban someone for saying a word, the least you could do is ban someone for saying a word that's part of the filters

Yours truly

Stevo

Permanent Solution 04-21-2009 09:37 PM

Why would we ban a user for a word that is being filtered? That seems silly, that's why there are filters to begin with.

MUDSTOMPER 04-21-2009 09:38 PM

Why would you ban a user for saying a word? That seems silly.

Permanent Solution 04-21-2009 09:48 PM

Idealistically I agree because words have only the power we give them. However, people do give some words a lot of power and so it is necessary that some words remain unsaid much as I am not fond of the idea.

MUDSTOMPER 04-21-2009 09:55 PM

Who cares, honestly WHO CARES? The ONLY people around here who get butthurt about us saying these HORRIBLE RACIST things are you guys, the mods. YES we wanted to actually have mods around here to do their job, because before we could get spammed for hours on end with no action, YES it is GOOD that has ended. But now that you can get banned for saying a stupid word that isn't even bad enough to warrant a filter it's obvious the modding around here has gone to ridiculous levels. Maybe this is something Jeremy is making you guys do but honestly who cares, Jeremy neither cares or ever goes on the forums so it's not like it matters much! Anyway I just think it's pretty damn stupid that you think it's necessary to start cracking down and handing out the bans on something as petty as a word, no matter how horrible and offensive it is.

Not to mention people getting banned for something as pathetic as making a post in a "bad thread", seriously? And stop banning Eliminator for just posting, he's not a harm to anything, all he does is make alts and lightly troll people, it's harmless.

Permanent Solution 04-21-2009 10:13 PM

the number of errors in that post are far too numerous for me to be bothered to correct but I'll just say on the last couple things: posting in bad threads has always been against the rules, the idea being that you can have some self-control and avoid posting in them and then we shouldn't even have to close threads. Novel, I know. I've not been banning Eliminator, but to my knowledge he is not a ban-on-sight poster. I would have to assume he's doing something to deserve bans.

Tyler 04-21-2009 10:18 PM

I dont know if banning is entirely necessary but I can safely say all of the anti-semitic, racist (but not racist) joking stopped being funny about two years ago.

RiceMonster 04-21-2009 10:22 PM

It was funny originally because it was making fun of Dargon, but now it's pretty much got nothing to do with that, so yeah, it's kind of lame. Really though, I'm not bothered by it at all.

Permanent Solution 04-21-2009 10:28 PM

The tragedy is that it was introduced to make fun of him, and now I can't really tell the difference between him and everyone else. We have a bunch of Dargon clones running around...something I never thought I'd have to say =\

Tyler 04-21-2009 10:49 PM

It's a little disconcerting to see people fighting against the bannings by using names like MUDSTOMPER. Kinda juvenile. The bannings were harsh but take it in stride. **** like "360 Mud Stomper Crew" just makes the banned user look like a child more than anything.

nevertoolate 04-21-2009 10:59 PM

Backed. Yeah thats not cool...

Nostalgia 04-21-2009 10:59 PM

I'll admit it's kind of stupid, but they aren't Dargon clones. I don't think you know Dargon if you think anyone here is like him.

Moon Flavor 04-21-2009 11:00 PM

Bottom line: it takes a less than a minute to make an account... who cares if you get banned

RiceMonster 04-21-2009 11:01 PM

[QUOTE=honeydutchautopsy;17195680]Bottom line: it takes a less than a minute to make an account... who cares if you get banned[/QUOTE]

agreed.

MUDSTOMPER 04-21-2009 11:46 PM

It doesn't matter how long it takes to make an account, I think the bans are unnecessary and it's stupid for me to have to make an account.

[QUOTE=Permanent Solution;17195615]the number of errors in that post are far too numerous for me to be bothered to correct but I'll just say on the last couple things: [B]posting in bad threads has always been against the rules, the idea being that you can have some self-control and avoid posting in them and then we shouldn't even have to close threads.[/B] Novel, I know. I've not been banning Eliminator, but to my knowledge he is not a ban-on-sight poster. I would have to assume he's doing something to deserve bans.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, I just think it's stupid that you HAVE to ban someone for it when it takes a click of the mouse to close the thread, as for the rest I've made my opinion quite clear and if the mods choose to ignore it then that's that, I just think having a rule where you type one word and get banned for it is silly beyond belief, whether you think it's funny or not. People don't get banned for making unfunny jokes, otherwise ADB would be banned 24/7

Permanent Solution 04-21-2009 11:51 PM

[QUOTE=Nostalgia;17195679]I'll admit it's kind of stupid, but they aren't Dargon clones. I don't think you know Dargon if you think anyone here is like him.[/QUOTE]
Fair. They're more of wannabe Dargons I guess.
[QUOTE=MUDSTOMPER;17195719]
Fair enough, I just think it's stupid that you HAVE to ban someone for it when it takes a click of the mouse to close the thread, as for the rest I've made my opinion quite clear and if the mods choose to ignore it then that's that, I just think having a rule where you type one word and get banned for it is silly beyond belief, whether you think it's funny or not. People don't get banned for making unfunny jokes, otherwise ADB would be banned 24/7[/QUOTE]
tbh it's all very quick for me, I close the thread, highlight all post in the thread and ban everyone for the same reason and same duration. If I had to do them all individually I wouldn't bother. But the ban serves to remind people that they shouldn't be doing it and maybe won't in the future.

I am all for implementing bans for stupidity but I don't think you all would like it very much.

MUDSTOMPER 04-21-2009 11:56 PM

Probably not, but in all seriousness if you guys are willing to chill out on the bans for saying the k word I'm down for trying to make "stupid racist jokes" less often, it's just if I drop it in somewhere every once in awhile in good ol' RM tradition I'd really rather not get banned, I'll make a new account but ya, that would be nice!

Tyler 04-22-2009 12:59 AM

I'm pretty sure the initial bannings were just to get the message across. The jokes just aren't funny anymore.

adb 04-22-2009 02:06 AM

[SIZE="1"]free Eliminator 2009[/SIZE]

Dimmu Burger 04-22-2009 07:08 AM

[QUOTE=sean2332;17194432]can't let bitches disrepect you![/QUOTE]

This

Txus 04-22-2009 11:21 AM

It wouldn't be the same MX without the racist jokes tbh.

Dimmu Burger 04-22-2009 11:29 AM

True.

MUDSTOMPER 04-22-2009 01:03 PM

[QUOTE=Britney Diva;17196226]How about you just don't make racist jokes? The point of the bans is to stop the racist jokes from happening so this isn't such an intimidating/unattractive place for new users to post.[/QUOTE]

I tried to offer a reasonable compromise on how we can settle this without having to get out of control on the bans, but if we're gonna start being strict constructionists of the rules how about we start banning people or dicussing drugs too? That's dicussion of illegal topics, against the rules. Same goes for underage drinking.

You can try all you want but racist jokes won't stop just because you hand out a few 2 day bans for someone saying the k word, it's gone on way too long here for big bad Dave to put a stop to it, why do you care so much anyway, this isn't even your forum and you NEVER post on here, maybe Jeremy is getting upset about it but he never goes on or cares about he forums.