Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bass Guitar (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Casual - Once more with feeling (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571968)

gaslight 05-02-2009 01:02 PM

I'm a late night kind of person.

pukeboy66 05-02-2009 01:05 PM

I flow like blood on a murder scene.

FunkMetalBass 05-02-2009 01:18 PM

I flow like puke from Doug's mouth.

Mr. Pickle 05-02-2009 01:21 PM

I flow like semen from FMB's loose butt hole.

FunkMetalBass 05-02-2009 01:28 PM

[quote=Spaceman Spiff;17217320]They didn't mic anything and the drums were really over-powering. We didn't have time for a sound check, either. Oh well, as I said, we still got another show because, apparently, we played well and impressed someone.[/quote]

You should invest in a wireless. Run out into the crowd and listen to the sound so that you can get a feel for the levels.

It's a trick I picked up with my first band.

Epidemechanical 05-02-2009 01:41 PM

[QUOTE=gaslight;17217381]He's just stirring I think.[/QUOTE]

lol no live shows sound terrible

katana_manatee 05-02-2009 02:38 PM

[QUOTE=katana_manatee;17217092]Woah! Were you wearing a balaclava and a black and white stripy jumper when you got that?

Hope you got to sleep okay man, the kratom can have a bit of a stimulating effect at lower doses. Maybe I should have warned you... lol

Got some links to some music my dad made with one of his mates and his cousin:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mun4dzmjqjz

http://www.mediafire.com/?yyzhzdnlztg

The first track is a kinda acid jazz sorta thing, some electronic effects with drums from an electric kit, da[COLOR="Black"]m[/COLOR]n cool track. My dad plays piano, keys and programmed the effects, his cousin on guitar and his mate on electronic drums. It has an awesome effect in the intro using Q sound I think it's called. If you play it on speakers you will hear the line "get serious" as if it came over your left shoulder.

The second track is a melodic latinish jazz piece my dad wrote with him on piano and keyboard bass, his mate on electronic drums and his cousin on guitar. Pretty nice track.

I wish my dad had tried to form a band doing this stuff.[/QUOTE]

To Mario theme: Buh buh buh buhbuh bump, bump.

FunkMetalBass 05-02-2009 02:47 PM

I had to go into work to fix a relatively large **** up. I want be able to listen to your stuff for at least an hour. I'm sorry!

katana_manatee 05-02-2009 02:55 PM

[QUOTE=FunkMetalBass;17217629]I had to go into work to fix a relatively large **** up. I want be able to listen to your stuff for at least an hour. I'm sorry![/QUOTE]

Ah, sorry to hear you got dragged into work dude, hope it doesn't take ya too long to sort out.

FunkMetalBass 05-02-2009 03:24 PM

I have to look through ~2000 envelopes and I potentially have to open them all up and re-stuff them. :upset:

Sablate McNuff 05-02-2009 03:52 PM

[quote=Mr. Pickle;17217446]I flow like semen from FMB's loose butt hole.[/quote]

Who is FMB?

<_<
>_>
<_<

katana_manatee 05-02-2009 03:59 PM

[QUOTE=FunkMetalBass;17217729]I have to look through ~2000 envelopes and I potentially have to open them all up and re-stuff them. :upset:[/QUOTE]

:eek:

Why the heck do ya have to do that man? 2000 is just crazy. I hope they don't expect you to do that in one go.

m-dirnt_fan101 05-02-2009 04:53 PM

Im learning christmas carols on my guitar...no idea why but its fun:)

Sablate McNuff 05-02-2009 04:58 PM

I inserted them into the wrong envelopes yesterday.

I work in a print & mail factory and we send everything out at a discounted rate (almost 10 cents below standard first class mail) because it is presorted, so it saves the post office a lot of time. I inserted the statements into the regular first class mail envelopes.

Essentially, our presort house processing fees plus the increased rate in postage would cost us almost another $1000 if we tried to let it go as-is.

Luckily it was mostly in order, so I only have to re-stuff about 150 of them and I can re-print the rest. I'll deal with them tomorrow.

I put the kratom powder in a coffee filter and I have some kratom tea being made right now. I'm thinking I should put it on the stove later to evaporate it and condense it as it's currently at 6 cups, and I really don't want to drink that much, especially after already having one cup.

Time to check out your dad's music...

katana_manatee 05-02-2009 05:12 PM

[QUOTE=Sablate McNuff;17217917]I inserted them into the wrong envelopes yesterday.

I work in a print & mail factory and we send everything out at a discounted rate (almost 10 cents below standard first class mail) because it is presorted, so it saves the post office a lot of time. I inserted the statements into the regular first class mail envelopes.

Essentially, our presort house processing fees plus the increased rate in postage would cost us almost another $1000 if we tried to let it go as-is.

Luckily it was mostly in order, so I only have to re-stuff about 150 of them and I can re-print the rest. I'll deal with them tomorrow.

I put the kratom powder in a coffee filter and I have some kratom tea being made right now. I'm thinking I should put it on the stove later to evaporate it and condense it as it's currently at 6 cups, and I really don't want to drink that much, especially after already having one cup.

Time to check out your dad's music...[/QUOTE]

Ah I see, good thing it didn't take too long to sort.

You should also consume the Kratom itself to get the rest of the active ingredients you can't get from brewing it.

Lemme know how you get on with the tea, I only ever tried it once with an extract and I think I did it wrong.

pukeboy66 05-02-2009 06:08 PM

It's derby day niggas.

:amaze: 05-02-2009 06:21 PM

woohoo just got a new phone. mine's been broke for like 2 weeks.

gaslight 05-02-2009 09:23 PM

[QUOTE=Raayl;17217492]lol no live shows sound terrible[/QUOTE]

That's really just not true as a general statement.

Live music can sound terrible, recorded music can sound terrible. Both can sound great.

Sablate McNuff 05-02-2009 10:04 PM

[quote=katana_manatee;17217954]Ah I see, good thing it didn't take too long to sort.

You should also consume the Kratom itself to get the rest of the active ingredients you can't get from brewing it.

Lemme know how you get on with the tea, I only ever tried it once with an extract and I think I did it wrong.[/quote]

I ate some kratom, but mostly just drank the tea. I highly recommend boiling it again afterwards to evaporate it. 6 cups kind of made my stomach hurt a little bit. Next time I try it, I'll put all the kratom in with some applesauce and try to evaporate it such that it's only a cup or so of tea.

The music is incredible. Definitely not what I expected at all. I really liked it. Reminded me of Soul Coughing at first, but then just went into a very nice, up-tempo jazz bit.

The second piece was rather nice too, but I think the bass was too present in the mix. Sounded rather boomy and harsh than warm and punchy and it took away from some of the other subtleties. Otherwise, it was very mellow. What inspired the song title for Habitacion con Puerta? Just the general vibe of coastal living?

gaslight 05-02-2009 10:10 PM

What's this kratom business?

DaveSavesTheDay 05-02-2009 10:20 PM

Yeah, really?

:amaze: 05-02-2009 10:23 PM

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kratom[/url]

that's my first guess.

gaslight 05-02-2009 10:24 PM

Ah, illegal in Australia. Think I'll leave it out.

Sablate McNuff 05-02-2009 11:02 PM

Yes, although I'm not sure why.

It left me feeling a bit uplifted and relaxed, but a bit off-balance and foggy when standing.

I'd like to try it again without 6 cups of tea in my stomach.

I'm also considering trying DMT, but I need to read up on it a lot more before I do. I just remember reading an interview with Adam Jones where he talks about it, and it sounds absolutely brilliant.

gaslight 05-02-2009 11:13 PM

Yeah, it doesn't seem like it should necessarily be a controlled substance. Laws can be funny sometimes.

Epidemechanical 05-02-2009 11:19 PM

[QUOTE=gaslight;17218334]That's really just not true as a general statement.

Live music can sound terrible, recorded music can sound terrible. Both can sound great.[/QUOTE]

nah live shows always sound bad

does that mean live shows are bad

no

but they most certainly sound like crap

everything is too loud to be distinctive

and recordings of live shows / videos are so ****in dumb. sometimes its cool to see a show of a video one time or something just to see the band and what they look like but as in buying dvds of concerts and whatnot lol

Sablate McNuff 05-02-2009 11:21 PM

The reason most-likely being that in high doses, one can achieve an opiate-like effect. I like the feeling I got from the 7.5g tea, but it's not worth $13, IMO. If I want to spend my money for a good effect, MJ is the best route for the money. I just wish I could still think properly about my math stuff after smoking it. My brain can't process things (regarding math n physics) correctly until 3-4 days after not smoking the ganja, so being a math major, it's almost not worth it.

gaslight 05-02-2009 11:22 PM

You're seriously not correct, I've seen plenty of live shows that sounded good.

Sablate McNuff 05-02-2009 11:23 PM

[quote=Raayl;17218508]nah live shows always sound bad

does that mean live shows are bad

no

but they most certainly sound like crap

everything is too loud to be distinctive

and recordings of live shows / videos are so ****in dumb. sometimes its cool to see a show of a video one time or something just to see the band and what they look like but as in buying dvds of concerts and whatnot lol[/quote]

Depends, I thought our live recordings came out damn well, but we had each instrument mic'd/DI'd and run through a mixer for recording.

Of course, cell phone videos from some douche standing 11 inches from a 3000W subwoofer and dancing to the music certainly sounds (and looks) like ****.

Epidemechanical 05-02-2009 11:28 PM

guys what you dont understand is this:

there is no right or wrong its just music you can hate a song or a performance for absolutely no reason, that is perfectly acceptable

and another thing

shows are about the experience of seeing and living the music. thats why they call it "live." it sounds terrible. it always does, from a certain perspective

but i just assume you already know what perspective that is so i dont waste my time making note of all this subjective crap

but of course in traditional MX fashion it has to be a controversy and omg omg omg ur wrong ur opinion has wrongness in it