Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Punk (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The Official Clash & Joe Strummer Thread (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304613)

sketchyjoe 03-28-2005 07:02 PM

A crappy film about a ballet dancing boy in the north of england during the mid-80s miners strike.

guns_of_brixton 03-28-2005 07:34 PM

I thought you were asking about Elliot Smith :confused:.

CombatRock 03-28-2005 07:52 PM

i saw a clash song on a commerical recently..but i dont remember what commercial it was..help me out anyone?

guns_of_brixton 03-28-2005 08:02 PM

Was it a car commercial, like Pontiac or Cadillac?

CombatRock 03-28-2005 08:04 PM

yea im preety sure it was a car commerical..i thought it was "cute"

Anxious 03-28-2005 08:07 PM

this should be renamed: The Clash Whores Community Thread.

guns_of_brixton 03-28-2005 08:10 PM

YES

And your avatar confused me :confused:.

guns_of_brixton 03-28-2005 08:11 PM

[QUOTE=combatrock*bass]yea im preety sure it was a car commerical..i thought it was "cute"[/QUOTE]

The song was Should I Stay or Should I gO, right?

Anxious 03-28-2005 08:12 PM

[QUOTE=guns_of_brixton]

And your avatar confused me :confused:.[/QUOTE]
just doin my job

Forest_Fire 03-28-2005 08:30 PM

[QUOTE=guns_of_brixton]The song was Should I Stay or Should I gO, right?[/QUOTE]

yeah, it is

Coma_Girl 03-28-2005 08:32 PM

[QUOTE=guns_of_brixton]I thought you were asking about Elliot Smith :confused:.[/QUOTE]

huh...i think we confused travis.

billy eliott...is a movie

eliott smith...is a musician who commited suicide.

Coma_Girl 03-28-2005 08:33 PM

[QUOTE=guns_of_brixton]The song was Should I Stay or Should I gO, right?[/QUOTE]
i dont think that should i stay or should i go playing in a car commercial is cute in any way.

Forest_Fire 03-28-2005 08:34 PM

[QUOTE=Coma_Girl]i dont think that should i stay or should i go playing in a car commercial is cute in any way.[/QUOTE]

definatley not "cute". Who would have let them do that anyway?

CombatRock 03-28-2005 09:08 PM

[QUOTE=Coma_Girl]huh...i think we confused travis.

billy eliott...is a movie

eliott smith...is a musician who commited suicide.[/QUOTE]

yes yall confused me...

and btw..i meant cute in a sarcastic way...and ims ure it was either mick or paul who let them use it since topper wasnt in the band when should i stay or should i go came out

IMONXTC 03-28-2005 09:41 PM

anybody else love "Car Jamming" for newer Clash stuff? how about "Junco Partner" or "Up In Heaven (Not Only Here)"...just making conversation...

CombatRock 03-28-2005 09:46 PM

i havent heard the clash "newer" stuff (even though its about 20 years old)..but rock the casbah and know your rights is the only stuff iheard from combat rock..and i love it

white_riot 03-28-2005 10:02 PM

Know your rights is an awesome song. i love the start of the song. have you seen the video for rock the casbah it's pretty cool.

CombatRock 03-28-2005 10:17 PM

yea..i dont get the part with the 2 middle eastern dudes going to burger king..explain ?

guns_of_brixton 03-29-2005 09:00 AM

I've heard all of Combat Rock and most of Sandinista. And to White Riot, Know your Rights is such an awesome song. "This is a public service announcement... with guitars!" As I said before, its an awesome way to start the album.

My favorite part of the Rock the Casbah video is the Jews and Middle Eastern dudes hanging out because its pretty ironic considering Israel and Palistine are at war.

And to Travis, I'm not sure about the Middle Eastern guys going to Burger King, and also, sorry about confusing you :wave:.

CombatRock 03-29-2005 02:05 PM

sandinista and combat rock are the only cds i havent listend to all the songs on

guns_of_brixton 03-29-2005 02:08 PM

Yea, I've heard most of Sandinista. "Charlie don't Surf" is a great song.

white_riot 03-29-2005 02:27 PM

I haven't heard much of Sandinista. the only songs i have heard are charlie dont surf and magnificent seven.

Forest_Fire 03-29-2005 03:42 PM

I don't remember if I heard it in this thread, or from one of my friends, so I'll ask anyway. Did the clash cover Louie Louie? Becuase I remember hearing that they did and Joe was really messed up when they recorded it, so the only lyrics he could remember were "Louie, Louie"

Coma_Girl 03-29-2005 03:45 PM

[QUOTE=combatrock*bass]i havent heard the clash "newer" stuff (even though its about 20 years old)..but rock the casbah and know your rights is the only stuff iheard from combat rock..and i love it[/QUOTE]
nah, it's all about straight to hell.one of my favorite song in the world...joe's voice is just amazing.

(i've read half of the let fury have the hour book so far and its really good)

Coma_Girl 03-29-2005 03:46 PM

[QUOTE=Ska_Pirate]I don't remember if I heard it in this thread, or from one of my friends, so I'll ask anyway. Did the clash cover Louie Louie? Becuase I remember hearing that they did and Joe was really messed up when they recorded it, so the only lyrics he could remember were "Louie, Louie"[/QUOTE]
i have the cover somewhere on my computer.

sketchyjoe 03-29-2005 03:49 PM

[QUOTE=Ska_Pirate]I don't remember if I heard it in this thread, or from one of my friends, so I'll ask anyway. Did the clash cover Louie Louie? Becuase I remember hearing that they did and Joe was really messed up when they recorded it, so the only lyrics he could remember were "Louie, Louie"[/QUOTE]
The only lyrics anyone knows to that song are "Louie, Louie"

guns_of_brixton 03-29-2005 06:46 PM

On the Last Testament dvd the Clash do a cover of Louie Louie with Topper on guitar and Guy Stevens or Bill Price (one of those guys) playing drums. And basically the only lyrics to that song are "Louie Louie".

Silvermedalmafia 03-29-2005 06:48 PM

I'm pretty sure those are the only lyrics to the song. But they are like shampoo, repeat as necessary

guns_of_brixton 03-29-2005 06:49 PM

It has a guitar solo if I remember correctly.

Forest_Fire 03-29-2005 06:50 PM

I believe the black flag version has more lyrics

EDIT: Black Flag "Louie Louie" lyrics:

Louie, Louie!
We gotta go.
I said now Louie, Louie!
We gotta go.
You know the pain, that's in my heart,
it just shows, I'm not very smart.
Who needs love, when you've got a gun?
Who needs love, to have any fun?
I said now Louie, Louie!