Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archives (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Protesters crash US soldiers funeral, telling the soldiers mother that he is going to (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=446806)

nowhesingsnowhesobs 03-02-2006 05:09 AM

[QUOTE]Ok, I agree with you there. I should have said, the imperitence of people on our nation and the world is; 95% stupid and 5% deserving freedom of speech.

I was saying that the system needs to be made to suite the general populous, while extraditing the harmful exceptions- the stupid people. I understand that it is hard to define what is stupid expression of freedom of speech and what is not- well, I understand, but don't agree with it. The reason it is hard is because freedom is a touchy subject; however, when common sense is rampant in showing that something is a stupid use of the freedom of speech (as is here)- we need to stop being less sensitive.

Ultimately this warrants the creation of a goverment that is a cross between China and the US. Where the goverment is concerned for its people and their rights, however, it is not scared to be forceful and do whats right when logic calls for it. [/QUOTE]mmm government censorship and denial of free speech

eseer erre 03-02-2006 08:46 PM

[QUOTE=Steerpike]What was it, like 75? Something like that. It's so radically divorced from the practices of a conventional Baptist church and has such a small congregation that one could easily call it a cult.[/QUOTE]
And we can assume that these people travel with Phelps? Not just folks he picks up in the area? The majority, I mean.

YouGottaBeCrazy 03-02-2006 09:03 PM

People like this disturb me.

Rounder 03-04-2006 07:38 AM

When we buried my brother at Arlington national cemetary there were tour buses in there and people were snapping pictures of graves. I was so pissed I felt like borrowing the rifle from the honor gaurd and start picking them off. I coudn't imagine what I would have done if they were screaming at us telling us my brother was going to hell.

they would all be dead though, im quite sure of it.

joshmay 03-04-2006 11:53 AM

yeah, a dude i know ran like the local chapter of that church around here...he sat up "godhatesharrodsburg.com" and they protest all that around here.

apparently the reasoning is that the army allows gays in, and so anybody thats in the army is going to hell for supporting homosexuality.

Det_Nosnip 03-04-2006 09:10 PM

[QUOTE=James Van Halen]
I went to Focus On The Family's "Love Won Out" Conference last week.
[/quote]
Why?

[quote]
Now, I pretty much disagreed with everything they talked about, but I will give them two things. They treat homosexuals like equals instead of enemies and none of the speakers seem to even be able to stoumach the existence of Fred Phelps.

The problem is, you don't see the good, reasonable christians when it comes to the whole homosexuality issue.
[/quote] Well, considering what.....80% of the US is Christian? I'd say that most of us have encountered at least one reasonable Christian in our lifetimes. ;)

Chrysostom 03-05-2006 07:38 AM

[QUOTE=Det_Nosnip]80% of the US is Christian[/QUOTE]

Whoa. That is a huge percentage.

eseer erre 03-05-2006 01:59 PM

[QUOTE=Det_Nosnip]Why?

Well, considering what.....80% of the US is Christian? I'd say that most of us have encountered at least one reasonable Christian in our lifetimes. ;)[/QUOTE]
Technology agrees.
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_by_country[/url]
But I dunno if you can really say that. A fair chunk of Christians barely do anything about religion.

AA-12 03-05-2006 02:11 PM

Man, this makes me sick.

-Listy- 03-05-2006 03:55 PM

[QUOTE=Necronomicon]Man, this makes me sick.[/QUOTE]
I just looked up his website, and i'm looking at the photos, and I feel the same as you now.

Syncratic 05-31-2006 10:03 PM

Fred Phelps got interviewed on MSNBC.

He was lampooned by Lewis Black on 'The Daily Show'

Black closed his segment by saying that he only prays that when Phelps gets to Heaven (a stretch), St. Peter is Freddy Mercury.

Inkstar 05-31-2006 10:58 PM

I know I'm late, and I havn't read the rest of the thread, but in response to the original post:

That's ****ing disgusting. Like someone said, who cares whether they support the war or not - they should respect the dead. Those people really make me sick.

hafez 06-01-2006 03:50 PM

this is fred phelps right? that guy is so ****ed up . people from the Something Awful forums mess with him regularly i think

PepsiMetal 06-01-2006 04:02 PM

Old thread, ****ed up **** though.

masada 06-01-2006 04:26 PM

Yeah, it really is. Why isn't he in an institution?

Reading about him and seeing him on the news just makes me feel like a decent person an gives me the drive to try and be a good person my whole life.

SantaDuJuan 06-01-2006 05:03 PM

This story raises more questions for me, where are they actually getting their religious information? Because it certainly is not from the bible.

Substitute 06-02-2006 12:33 PM

[QUOTE=WhoDidTheElf]It appeals to some people.[/QUOTE]

I suppose it appeals to those who oppose the war, but hell man, you have to oppose to the IDEA of the war, not the god damned soldiers who die for their country for their reasons only.

Not that I think they died for a just cause.
I just wouldn't crash their mother-f$*&-ing funeral.