Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Punk (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The Official Against Me! Thread (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389805)

Pete 09-01-2005 02:27 PM

[QUOTE=thepo]The Acoustic EP.[/QUOTE]
Thank you, haven't found that yet.

[QUOTE=ihatecelebrities]WHY DON'T YOU FROWN A LITTLE MORE, JACKASS[/QUOTE]
Why, yes, I think I will.

=/

Fisticuff111 09-01-2005 02:38 PM

[QUOTE=Sid]Don't lose touch is a horrible song. And maybe some of his old fans turned on him. We didn't need an album with at least five songs where he addresses said issue like its the worst thing in the world. Or we get songs such as Pretty Girls and Problems (possibly their worst lyrical effort, seriously, look at the lyrics, you'll think your little brother wrote them.)

Wow, a few people don't like you, thats how it is being famous. Is Tom going to release a crappy album everytime someone talks s'hit about him?

Against Me! still remains one of my favorite bands.[/QUOTE]

I completley agree. But I guess Tom was just writing what he felt at the time. Songs like "Mediocrity Gets You Pears", "From Her Lips to Gods Ears" and "Even At Our Worse Were Still Better Than Most" really make up for it, to me anyway. The only thing I'm still mad about is how the back-up vocals sound, and how they ruined "Violence" by slowing it down.

I kind of like Problems still, even after they ruined it by slowing it down and overproducing. And you're right, "Pretty Girls" is the worst song Tom has ever written lyrically, but the music is fairly energetic so I can tolerate it.

albert_bass 09-01-2005 02:42 PM

Me likes video. Not awesome, but not bad.

Unseen2k0 09-01-2005 02:43 PM

[QUOTE=albert_bass]Me likes video. Not awesome, but not bad.[/QUOTE]

Dude, you have to join the bash wagon.

Sell outz! Bad video! It was gay! Their new CD suxxx!

Unseen2k0 09-01-2005 02:44 PM

[QUOTE=sketchyjoe]Reinventing Axl Rose

Thread finished.[/QUOTE]

[size=10]Learn to read.[/size]

Angry Balled Fists! 09-01-2005 02:46 PM

I only have RAR, and i love it...

MILF Hunter 09-01-2005 02:47 PM

[QUOTE=Unseen2k0][size=10]Learn to read.[/size][/QUOTE]

:confused: :confused: :confused:

albert_bass 09-01-2005 02:48 PM

[QUOTE=MILF Hunter]:confused: :confused: :confused:[/QUOTE]

Hahaha my exact thoughts.

pedro durruti 09-01-2005 02:48 PM

Beats me Dave

Pete 09-01-2005 02:48 PM

Apparently, this thread is over.

Leave so I can clean up.

pedro durruti 09-01-2005 02:49 PM

Semen?

Pete 09-01-2005 02:50 PM

[QUOTE=ihatecelebrities]Semen?[/QUOTE]
Yes. With my face.

albert_bass 09-01-2005 02:50 PM

I was going to but I haven't listened to the album. I'll write my insults in a paper before starting an e-bash.

albert_bass 09-01-2005 02:51 PM

[QUOTE=FatPete]Yes. With my face.[/QUOTE]

:naughty:

Pete 09-01-2005 02:52 PM

[QUOTE=albert_bass]:naughty:[/QUOTE]
Uh-oh, banhammer'd :(

Let me touch you one last time.

albert_bass 09-01-2005 02:53 PM

/runs away.

thepo 09-01-2005 03:03 PM

What do you think Problems is about anyways? "Sometimes it's like conversations are a waking dream from a third party perspective. An audience to theself, you can almost see the sound traveling. It's caused a feeling of anticipation when all of a sudden you know what's going to happen. These are the paranoias, they rebuild your world, they neither eat nor sleep, they have no name."

ThisUserIsAPipebomb 09-01-2005 03:09 PM

[QUOTE=aglobalthreat][B]Crime as forgiven by... Against Me![/B] is better than reinventing axl rose, but its a lot shorter[/QUOTE]

Can someone upload that for me? Or the Acoustic EP?

Sid 09-01-2005 03:58 PM

[QUOTE=Unseen2k0]Dude, you have to join the bash wagon.

Sell outz! Bad video! It was gay! Their new CD suxxx![/QUOTE]

Or maybe he can just stick by his personal opinion. No one has even called them sell-outs in this thread, learn to read. Well except maybe one moron who wasn't joking about it.

Some of us think the album sucked, some of us don't. It has nothing to do with selling out, it has to do with making a bad album.

Personally, I think the 'stolen demo' was much better. That would have been cool had they just added a few more songs to that. It would be probably just as quality as say, [I]As the Eternal Cowboy[/I], but still be exploring some new sound.

CombatRock 09-01-2005 03:59 PM

[QUOTE=Skrunnch]Is it on TV?[/QUOTE]
Yea it was all things rock on MTV.

SlappedByTheClash 09-01-2005 07:04 PM

[QUOTE=Rockafella]What are your other favourite bands?[/QUOTE]

He only listens to obscure elitist polka-core.

And Against Me!

I actually like the lyrics to Problems. They're kinda retarded, but I don't know, they're easy to sing along too...

RudeBoyStompin 09-01-2005 07:21 PM

Please tell me that wasn't one of their better songs. I've heard so many good things about this band from this board and that song was very disappointing.

SlappedByTheClash 09-01-2005 07:45 PM

[QUOTE=RudeBoyStompin]Please tell me that wasn't one of their better songs. I've heard so many good things about this band from this board and that song was very disappointing.[/QUOTE]

Problems or Don't Lose Touch? They're decent efforts by them, but not the best.

Download Burn or We Laugh At Danger(And Break All The Rules)

Forest_Fire 09-01-2005 07:46 PM

Burn = One of my favourite AM! songs ever

SlappedByTheClash 09-01-2005 07:47 PM

Thats why I recommended it! Because I'm inclined to agree with you.

RudeBoyStompin 09-01-2005 07:48 PM

[QUOTE=SlappedByTheClash]Problems or Don't Lose Touch? They're decent efforts by them, but not the best.[/QUOTE]

Don't Lose Touch, the one in the video.

LCBdroog 09-01-2005 07:51 PM

[QUOTE=Forest_Fire]Burn = One of my favourite AM! songs ever[/QUOTE]
youd be correct on a count of its the only good AM! song ever. im sorry i tried not to say anything but why must half this forum be filled with AM!.

Fisticuff111 09-01-2005 08:00 PM

[QUOTE=RudeBoyStompin]Please tell me that wasn't one of their better songs. I've heard so many good things about this band from this board and that song was very disappointing.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you've heard great things about them, but I'm also pretty sure the albums 'Reinventing Axl Rose' or 'Crime', or possibly even 'As The Eternal Cowboy' were mentioned as well. If you give Against Me! a listen, do it with one of those albums. If you're first impression of them is the new album, you'll be very dissapointed.

SlappedByTheClash 09-01-2005 08:01 PM

[QUOTE=LCBdroog]youd be correct on a count of its the only good AM! song ever. im sorry i tried not to say anything but why must half this forum be filled with AM!.[/QUOTE]

Cause AM! kick a'ss, and there is to be no arguing contrary to this opinion.

maimedpunkguy 09-01-2005 08:10 PM

what are you talking about? almost EVERYONE knows about against me!...

Brain Toad 09-01-2005 08:12 PM

[QUOTE=LCBdroog]youd be correct on a count of its the only good AM! song ever. im sorry i tried not to say anything but why must half this forum be filled with AM!.[/QUOTE]

Because it is a band nearly everyone enjoys. Why is it bad that band can have a lot of people liking them in one forum?

z is me 09-01-2005 09:05 PM

[QUOTE=maimedpunkguy]what are you talking about? almost EVERYONE knows about against me!...[/QUOTE]

in this forum? sure

in the world? no one gives a **** about against me

cheeser_1 09-01-2005 11:07 PM

[QUOTE=z is me]in the world? no one gives a **** about against me[/QUOTE]
you've got to be kidding. they are very popular, as far as bands go. they're on a large independent label, they sell tons of records, and get nationwide (and international) recognition, as well as tours all over the place.

rawdog 09-02-2005 03:40 AM

[QUOTE=username77]Shut the f[size=2]uc[/size]k up. Oh, and change your icon if you hate them so much. More people like them, boo hoo for you. Also, they can't change whether or not their fans understand the message, that's up to the fans. Go die, leave them alone, they're about as real as they come.[/QUOTE]
Dude, I never said i hate them. But now I do go back on what I said. I actually don't mind the video that much. I was just suprised that they made one cos ive never really seen them as a band that would, with their politics and songs about humility. I'm over it. But it still sucks that their shows won't be as intimate as before, and yeah thats not their fault, and i dont think I said that. But I still will support Against Me! in whatever they do because they changed my life, for the better.

rawdog 09-02-2005 03:42 AM

[QUOTE=z is me]in this forum? sure

in the world? no one gives a **** about against me[/QUOTE]
Way to be ignorant.

RudeBoyStompin 09-02-2005 10:55 AM

[QUOTE=SlappedByTheClash]Download Burn or We Laugh At Danger(And Break All The Rules)[/QUOTE]

YSI?

Converge_Cult 09-02-2005 03:42 PM

OMG THEY PLAYED WITH GREEN DAY SELL OUTS...but no..there still great and amazing even if they gain say...600 new fans..its not the end of the world..there still great..even though reinventing axle rose is the best album

Sid 09-02-2005 06:03 PM

[QUOTE=Converge_Cult]OMG THEY PLAYED WITH GREEN DAY SELL OUTS...but no..there still great and amazing even if they gain say...600 new fans..its not the end of the world..there still great..even though reinventing axle rose is the best album[/QUOTE]

Dude the video is on myspace, next to Jimmy Eat World. 600 more fans, are you delirious?

Unseen2k0 09-02-2005 06:14 PM

[QUOTE=Sid]Or maybe he can just stick by his personal opinion. No one has even called them sell-outs in this thread, learn to read. Well except maybe one moron who wasn't joking about it.

Some of us think the album sucked, some of us don't. It has nothing to do with selling out, it has to do with making a bad album.

Personally, I think the 'stolen demo' was much better. That would have been cool had they just added a few more songs to that. It would be probably just as quality as say, [I]As the Eternal Cowboy[/I], but still be exploring some new sound.[/QUOTE]

Oh, but Sid, you started the bandwagon. I'm trying to get you company! And you're trying to lecture me for addressing something that came up in this thread? You're a moron, I knew that before reading this post, but good god Sid. "No one called them sell outs, besides that one guy, so we're just whining about how Tom is a better writer than us, but not as good as he used to be!". Right. You rock. Go you. Woo-woo. Because that, in everyway, makes perfect, logical sense. I addressed something said, and you say it wasn't. But you still say it was.

Logic. Yeah. You used it there.

[QUOTE=Sid]Wow, a few people don't like you, thats how it is being famous. Is Tom going to release a crappy album everytime someone talks s'hit about him?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Tom, you loser! Way to write about things effecting you! You should be writing about things you've never experienced and revolution! Geez...

[QUOTE=Sid]Don't lose touch is a horrible song.[/quote]

Yeah! It sucks! The music video sucks! Against Me! now sucks! They sold out! Losers!

[QUOTE=Sid](possibly their worst lyrical effort, seriously, look at the lyrics, you'll think your little brother wrote them.)[/quote]

Yeah! They suck!

You know Sid, I'd like to see you start a band that is better than Against Me!, then you can complain about lacking lyrics and guitar parts all you want. I'll even agree.

Til then, shut up.

TheNowhereman42 09-02-2005 06:31 PM

I'm seeing AM! twice in October. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay