Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Guitar (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   lod (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573519)

EmbraceRandom 11-17-2010 08:37 AM

I used to like the tradition of royality but in reality, what the feck do they do? And don't they live off tax-payers money?

Blue_Moon 11-17-2010 09:06 AM

harrys flying helicopters

benfan 11-17-2010 09:48 AM

The amount of money they bring into the country through tourism is ridiculous. They are also the figurehead of the Country and our Armed Forces. I kinda get where some people get the whole they dont do anything idea from but they do make the country alot of money.

Although im not quite sure how much of it is left when you deduct the amount of money they use.

Left Face Down 11-17-2010 10:44 AM

Every time I hear a story about the William/Harry I generally think of their mother. Due to the fact I'm American and really hear jack about the Royal family unless it makes world news. Like the idiot who drove his car into a pole (or w/e) a couple years back near their bus. Oh I can't remember the details.

EmbraceRandom 11-17-2010 10:51 AM

[QUOTE=benfan;18275679]The amount of money they bring into the country through tourism is ridiculous. They are also the figurehead of the Country and our Armed Forces. I kinda get where some people get the whole they dont do anything idea from but they do make the country alot of money.

Although im not quite sure how much of it is left when you deduct the amount of money they use.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I guess so. I've always like the tradition of the royal family, it's just with current financial turmoil, the government would obviously would be quicker to rape students than take cuts in their own wages, scale down the ridiculously high wages of certain jobs [I]or[/I] seriously look at the costs of the monarch. personally I think it'd be awesome if we didn't have parliament as such, and the country/kingdom was ran by the monarch. Old skool.

But then I'd also want to ride into battle on a horse, alongside the monarchy. With LOTR music. Awesome.

benfan 11-17-2010 11:03 AM

Well it serves the students right for voting for 'New Government' and the Lib Dems/Tories anyway. Seriously what did they expect, so they have sold out the next generation of students by jumping on the i hate Brown bandwagon and using a 'protest Vote'

And i would much rather see the Government get rid of the ridiculous benefit state and get rid of all the scumbag dole-claiming smack head idiots than look at the Royal Family.

I think it gives us a national identity, especially when looking at us from another countries point of view.

EDIT: 123 on the Monarch thing. When we have a King it should be compulsory that he should be on a horse whenever people take his photo and carry a sword with him at all times. Also, I think we should build more Castles.

fingers mccoy 11-17-2010 11:07 AM

[QUOTE=benfan;18275679]The amount of money they bring into the country through tourism is ridiculous. They are also the figurehead of the Country and our Armed Forces. I kinda get where some people get the whole they dont do anything idea from but they do make the country alot of money.

Although im not quite sure how much of it is left when you deduct the amount of money they use.[/QUOTE]

i think if we got rid of the monarchy you'd be surprised at how little our tourist industry suffered.

the main thing is if we got rid of the monarchy we'd be in a constitutional crisis cause so much of our country belongs to the queen.

guitarbaz 11-17-2010 11:55 AM

god save the queen

Papa Shank 11-17-2010 12:16 PM

Just back from boxing and the last thing I want to hear is people moaning about monarchy ffs, as if we don't have enough shit to moan about with politics.

jaklyons 11-17-2010 12:32 PM

Who the fuck cares tbh.

Squirrel 11-17-2010 12:57 PM

How long you been boxing for mate.

Papa Shank 11-17-2010 01:32 PM

[QUOTE=Squirrel;18275960]How long you been boxing for mate.[/QUOTE]

Since September, and only regularly since a month ago or so but people seem to think I've been boxing longer... lol, I take it as a compliment. I'm at a measly 172lb and I'm still bigger than these guys, coach wanted me to get down closer to 140lb ffs... stuff that I'm going to get back into the weights and aim for 190lb by March, I'll finally get to eat proper portion sizes again! :D

How about yourself? How're you keeping yourself busy these days mate?

Sad But True 11-18-2010 05:37 AM

[QUOTE=The_Mop;18270885]

In other news - saw Deftones in leeds last night, was proper awesome. Drummer made quite a few fuckups though...[/QUOTE]

Fucker. Apparently Chino is sucking hard live atm though.

EmbraceRandom 11-18-2010 06:09 AM

[QUOTE=benfan;18275738]Well it serves the students right for voting for 'New Government' and the Lib Dems/Tories anyway. Seriously what did they expect, so they have sold out the next generation of students by jumping on the i hate Brown bandwagon and using a 'protest Vote'[/quote]
Nah I don't agree with that at all mate. It's not the students' fault. For the record, I didn't vote Lib Dem. But I don't think [I]all[/I] students voted Lib Dem to protest against Labour, people vote for the party they want in. The Lib Dems sought the student vote, with all their promises. Now they've coalesced with the Tories, they haven't compromised with them, they've bent over!

[QUOTE=benfan;18275738]And i would much rather see the Government get rid of the ridiculous benefit state and get rid of all the scumbag dole-claiming smack head idiots than look at the Royal Family.[/quote]
Aye it's a massive problem, and currently the job centre is proving as efficient as it was 10-20 years ago. Not [I]all[/I] people who claim dole are scum though. That's why there has to be a 'fine-tooth comb' form of discretion when handling this. Tbh, a lot of people are annoyed with the decision to force the jobless into manual jobs to encourage their zeal for work, but I'm not sure, I think I actually like that idea. Yeah, it's a bit right-wing, but something needs to be done...

[QUOTE=benfan;18275738]I think it gives us a national identity, especially when looking at us from another countries point of view.[/quote]
Yeah I get that. Like I say, I do actually like the monarch.

[QUOTE=benfan;18275738]EDIT: 123 on the Monarch thing. When we have a King it should be compulsory that he should be on a horse whenever people take his photo and carry a sword with him at all times. Also, I think we should build more Castles.[/QUOTE]
Definitely. There can never be enough castles.

spirit 11-18-2010 06:31 AM

[QUOTE=benfan;18275738]Well it serves the students right for voting for 'New Government' and the Lib Dems/Tories anyway. Seriously what did they expect, so they have sold out the next generation of students by jumping on the i hate Brown bandwagon and using a 'protest Vote'

[/QUOTE]

Are you an idiot?

EmbraceRandom 11-18-2010 06:44 AM

BT - Dynamic Symmetry

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uNEQ3nsFbE[/url]

Awesome sauce. Surgical-esque precision and incredible clarity, and that's just at a compressed format.

fingers mccoy 11-18-2010 06:46 AM

just realised i totally forgot to vote

spirit 11-18-2010 07:16 AM

[QUOTE=fingers mccoy;18276969]just realised i totally forgot to vote[/QUOTE]

You steal kievs but don't vote? You sicken me.

Sad But True 11-18-2010 08:17 AM

I voted Labour. The LibDems were clearly just trying to grab as many votes as they could to give them some political weight to throw around and they chose the students.

The Job Centre is the worst run institution I have ever known. I'm not saying it's a bad institution, I'm just saying that it isn't working as well as it should at the moment. My friend is currently working 20-25 hours a week at a Blockbuster store and apparently that's enough to pay the rent for him and his girlfriend, pay all the bills, and keep them alive for each month, because his mrs has just been told she can't have any more JSA.

The monarchy does bring in significantly more than they use in tax. I like the monarchy because it's a part of our identity. I like to think it's what separates us from the republic states of the EU and the USA.

In other news I've only just got around to watching the F1 from Sunday and I have to say that although my order for whom I'd have preferred to have won the championship was Hamilton, Webber, Alonso, Vettel, Red Bull and Vettel thoroughly deserve the wins. They've been excellent all season and it was a fantastic season all round.

Later Lod. Back in a week.

EmbraceRandom 11-18-2010 08:32 AM

[QUOTE=Sad But True;18276992]I voted Labour. The LibDems were clearly just trying to grab as many votes as they could to give them some political weight to throw around and they chose the students.[/quote]
Their tuition fees policy was always going to be unrealistic in the current economic situation. Students aren't (and indeed weren't) asking for an abolition of tuition fees, just for them not to take the current cap off because it isn't fair. So the Lib Dems turned around and said "hold on students, we can go one better; if you vote for us, we won't just keep the cap in place, we'll abolish tuition fees altogether!!!![SIZE="1"]....over six years[/SIZE]". Unfortunately, a number of people called their bluff without realising they were doing so.

[QUOTE=Sad But True;18276992]The Job Centre is the worst run institution I have ever known. I'm not saying it's a bad institution, I'm just saying that it isn't working as well as it should at the moment. My friend is currently working 20-25 hours a week at a Blockbuster store and apparently that's enough to pay the rent for him and his girlfriend, pay all the bills, and keep them alive for each month, because his mrs has just been told she can't have any more JSA. [/quote]
It's more the fact that 10-20 years ago, you could leave a job, walk into a job centre the next day and have a job the following day (or at least a series of interviews). Now it's a complete bureaucracy with no sense of discretion that separates those that are trying their hardest from those that have no zeal for work and would love to continue living off the taxpayer and never contribute to society. Two extremes, maybe, but they've failed to even distinguish between those!

Viva la revolution, that's what I say.

benfan 11-18-2010 08:38 AM

[QUOTE=spirit;18276966]Are you an idiot?[/QUOTE]

Not at all and i think my comment is a pretty valid one. Drawing from my experience of conversations i had with students i know at the time, it seemed as though they were all brainwashed by the media and had this self righteuous attitude towards the whole thing. Maybe i shouldnt of generalised as much though, im speaking from my experience with the people from my area.

Sad But True 11-18-2010 08:48 AM

Anyone wanna buy this off me?

[url]http://www.guyatone.com/Svm5.php[/url]

Really don't want to sell this, but, needs must.

Papa Shank 11-18-2010 09:06 AM

[QUOTE=benfan;18277003]Not at all and i think my comment is a pretty valid one. Drawing from my experience of conversations i had with students i know at the time, it seemed as though they were all brainwashed by the media and had this self righteuous attitude towards the whole thing. Maybe i shouldnt of generalised as much though, im speaking from my experience with the people from my area.[/QUOTE]

That's kind of the thing though, there are a lot of students that I know whom voted for the likes of the libdems or, more specifically up here, the SNP. I think a current student would have to be a moron to vote Tory, unfortunately my experience of most students where I am is that they are indeed quite stupid.

Sad But True 11-18-2010 09:06 AM

[QUOTE=Papa Shank;18277021]That's kind of the thing though, there are a lot of students that I know whom voted for the likes of the libdems or, more specifically up here, the SNP. I think a current student would have to be a moron to vote Tory, unfortunately my experience of most students where I am is that they are indeed quite stupid.[/QUOTE]

*Who

Papa Shank 11-18-2010 09:25 AM

[QUOTE=Sad But True;18277022]*Who[/QUOTE]

Indeed.

fingers mccoy 11-18-2010 11:22 AM

[QUOTE=benfan;18277003]Not at all and i think my comment is a pretty valid one. Drawing from my experience of conversations i had with students i know at the time, it seemed as though they were all brainwashed by the media and had this self righteuous attitude towards the whole thing. Maybe i shouldnt of generalised as much though, im speaking from my experience with the people from my area.[/QUOTE]

i think most of them would use the word 'misled' rather than 'brainwashed' and they wouldn't singularly inculpate the media.

to be honest i was planning to vote purely for the person i liked the most - brown.

Squirrel 11-18-2010 11:30 AM

[QUOTE=Papa Shank;18276004]Since September, and only regularly since a month ago or so but people seem to think I've been boxing longer... lol, I take it as a compliment. I'm at a measly 172lb and I'm still bigger than these guys, coach wanted me to get down closer to 140lb ffs... stuff that I'm going to get back into the weights and aim for 190lb by March, I'll finally get to eat proper portion sizes again! :D

How about yourself? How're you keeping yourself busy these days mate?[/QUOTE]

Well I used to box, did so for a few years, was unbeaten as a competitive amateur. Into Muay Tuay and jiu Jitsu these days cause im gonna compete in mma. Well, thats the plan!

140lbs for your height would be insane, you're 5'11 arent you?

benfan 11-18-2010 12:26 PM

[QUOTE=fingers mccoy;18277124]i think most of them would use the word 'misled' rather than 'brainwashed' and they wouldn't singularly inculpate the media.

to be honest i was planning to vote purely for the person i liked the most - brown.[/QUOTE]

At least it was fun when he was in charge. The giant scrotum looking idiot.

Bruce E Kinesis 11-18-2010 03:12 PM

[QUOTE=Sad But True;18276992]I voted Labour. The LibDems were clearly just trying to grab as many votes as they could to give them some political weight to throw around and they chose the students. [/QUOTE]

I wouldn't have voted labour even if the LDs hadn't existed; I would've abstained. "not being the tories" does not excuse the fact they left me with fewer human rights, and probably could have afforded their generous welfare programs if we hadn't had to spend all our money on two fucking pointless wars

[QUOTE=benfan;18277003]it seemed as though they were all brainwashed by the media[/QUOTE]

"The poor students were brainwashed!"

One party were actually supporting things I liked; human rights, welfare programs, etc... So I voted for the party promising what I wanted. It sickens me that all of a sudden people are saying "OH MY GOD I'M NEVER VOTING LD AGAIN, PLEASE LABOUR LET ME BACK INTO YOUR WARM EMBRACE" when they introduced the fucking things (hindsight: fair shout, it was the cost of opening up uni education)

AG 11-18-2010 03:21 PM

I didn't vote, because I'm not on the electoral register. I feep on forgetting.

I wouldn't have voted properly this election anyway, I would have probably voided my slip.

So in reality, I have no right to a say about the upcoming changes.

I'm a bit of a monarchist.