Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bass Guitar (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Best day EVAR!!!111seventeenbillion (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=448514)

HaVIC5 03-02-2006 11:33 PM

[QUOTE=kilian]Congrats on the bass! And the girl? :p

It's a shame that you give your bass a name.. May God have mercy on your soul![/QUOTE]
No shame in naming your instrument. My bass is named Galatea.

Az_Holl 03-02-2006 11:36 PM

Headstock is fugly :/ Still looks nice though.

basgitarist 03-03-2006 01:31 AM

[QUOTE=bryce_the_cat]take it easy pal, we're all friends here[/QUOTE]I meant it in a good way, pall

basgitarist 03-03-2006 01:31 AM

double post... But like I said. Nice bass. You must be a lucky man.

Machines 03-03-2006 02:04 AM

I think it looks very tasty with the maple neck. The headstock is nice too, I'm not a fan of the standard Schecter shape.

Jamie 03-03-2006 02:12 AM

[QUOTE=Sade]While I don't really agree with putting a custom neck on a Schecter, haha; it still looks absolutely gorgeous like that.

To whoever said the gold hardware clashes: Are you insane? Really, are you insane? It's a fantastic look, and I bet it plays great.

The re-finishing is a MUST, I will say. Is yours more sturdy feeling now, Jamie?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was kind of waiting on your opinion of it! :D The gold hardware isn't cheap bling looking gold, its satin gold I do believe, which is alot lot nicer and gives it an elogence instead of a tackyness.

YES! The body feels really great and very strong compared to before! Before I could just lightly dig my nail in and there's a mark in it for life, but now its much stronger than that. The new finish has brought the wood out a bit more and it just feels like a totally new bass now!

I need to find some Danish Oil for the neck... so I'll be popping upto B&Q to have a look for some later :)

It was £250 for the neck, £50 for the full refinish, pickups were £30 and he installed them (including new pots, etc.) free of charge. :D

smd 03-03-2006 02:40 AM

Hot damn that's a fine looking instrument!

Jody LeCompte 03-03-2006 06:41 AM

I cant really see enough of the neck to see the different, but congrats.

kilian 03-03-2006 09:20 AM

[IMG]http://members.lycos.nl/tigerarmy/trein.jpg[/IMG]

Couldn't resist :D

Sade 03-03-2006 09:27 AM

[QUOTE=jamie_dunce]Yeah, I was kind of waiting on your opinion of it! :D The gold hardware isn't cheap bling looking gold, its satin gold I do believe, which is alot lot nicer and gives it an elogence instead of a tackyness.

YES! The body feels really great and very strong compared to before! Before I could just lightly dig my nail in and there's a mark in it for life, but now its much stronger than that. The new finish has brought the wood out a bit more and it just feels like a totally new bass now!

I need to find some Danish Oil for the neck... so I'll be popping upto B&Q to have a look for some later :)

It was £250 for the neck, £50 for the full refinish, pickups were £30 and he installed them (including new pots, etc.) free of charge. :D[/QUOTE]

Sounds awesome. I've beat the hell out of my custom. Every night after gigs I'm in the workshop, fixing up all the dings and scratches. :lol:

I think I'm going to seal the bass as well, sturdy it up a bit.

Jamie 03-03-2006 10:29 AM

[QUOTE=Sade]Sounds awesome. I've beat the hell out of my custom. Every night after gigs I'm in the workshop, fixing up all the dings and scratches. :lol:

I think I'm going to seal the bass as well, sturdy it up a bit.[/QUOTE]

Haha!! I would have if I knew what I was doing :p

I'm very happy that Jon cleaned the body up alot (got rid of all the marks by the G string area from plectrums :angry: off and some of the more major bits on the sides. Looks like a brand new body now!

Hopefully better outdoor pictures will come tomorrow. If the weather is right!

Kilian: :lol: hahahaha!!!! Thats brilliant!

the101er 03-03-2006 10:32 AM

Hmm, not a fan of the headstock, but as you say, its an aquired taste.

Excellent looking tho, I'd love to own a Schecter, but I can't seem to find them at a good price, only the Soundcontrol prices, which are pretty steep

Jamie 03-03-2006 10:39 AM

^^^ Got my Schecter Custom 4 for £250 including a hiscox hardcase :D

I wouldn't have bought one otherwise. (or I would have bought a Studio!)

JeBuSrOcKs 03-03-2006 01:49 PM

very nice bass. i would love to own that :thumb:

Esp Griffyn 03-03-2006 02:02 PM

Who the **** covered it in dings from using a pick?

PaulR 03-03-2006 02:08 PM

[QUOTE=jamie_dunce]^^^ Got my Schecter Custom 4 for £250 including a hiscox hardcase :D

I wouldn't have bought one otherwise. (or I would have bought a Studio!)[/QUOTE]
Where, where, where?

FRUGiHOYi 03-03-2006 02:09 PM

[QUOTE=MuRd0K]Holy... ****
Screw you man, I mean, really, screw you.
If it would have been a 5-er, I would have killed you.

How much did that cost? I would love to buy a schecter custom 5 with a birdseye maple neck, but I am uncertain about the cost.[/QUOTE]
man why do you have to be so violent? thats not nice and you would probably end up in jail if you killed him :( you should think about the things you say...

MuRd0K 03-03-2006 02:26 PM

Ok....

Then I'll just rape his bass.

low-G 03-03-2006 04:10 PM

that looks like it smells great
ya know that good bass smell?
yeah

noice bro

Radiobass81 03-03-2006 04:16 PM

Very nice.

I think the headstock, although not great-looking, fits the bass.

HaVIC5 03-03-2006 07:38 PM

[QUOTE=kilian][IMG]http://members.lycos.nl/tigerarmy/trein.jpg[/IMG]

Couldn't resist :D[/QUOTE]
Choo choo!

Linkinbassist 03-03-2006 07:59 PM

Nice bass jamie! very sexyful...To sidetrack a bit, when did you start going out with your girlfriend? Cause, y'know, it was around the same time i started going out with mine, and if its the same day (Last wednesday) then thats just creepy...Gorgeous bass!

Jamie 03-04-2006 06:23 PM

Low-G: it smells fantastic! Its not lacquered (sp) and you can smell the natural wenge! :p

Linkin: We're not going out (yet) but we met Wednesday just gone, kind of had our first date on Thursday, and I'm seeing her tomorrow and monday too :) and maybe wednesday :p

Jamie 03-04-2006 07:02 PM

Oh yeah! New pictures uploaded!

Jamie 03-05-2006 05:41 PM

[url]http://photobucket.com/albums/y20/jamie_pyrite/Monica/[/url]

New pictures :D

Tryxx 03-05-2006 05:42 PM

I quite like that. Good job, again. :thumb: