Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Punk (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The Official Clash & Joe Strummer Thread (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304613)

JohnXDoesn't 09-01-2005 09:46 PM

[QUOTE=guns_of_brixton]That was kind of gay, but yes.

"This is Joe Public speaking" That's the best part of Complete Control.[/QUOTE]

I love the version of Complete Control on From Here To Eternity Live. Few bands can do that on stage. Opens the album great. And the wail he gives near the end. When I'm alone and I'm listening to that album, I give it a go everytime. I fail miserably, but I give it a shot nonetheless.

Brain Toad 09-01-2005 10:53 PM

Hey Clash whores I've got something you want

A bootleg of Joe Strummer playing with The Pogues

Daniel! 09-01-2005 10:54 PM

[QUOTE=Brain Squirmin' Like a Toad]Hey Clash whores I've got something you want

A bootleg of Joe Strummer playing with The Pogues[/QUOTE]

YSI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brain Toad 09-01-2005 10:56 PM

[QUOTE=Daniel!]YSI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Bah, it takes forever. I may do it, but for now it's only availble from me on slsk. It's bad recording quality.

Daniel! 09-01-2005 10:57 PM

[QUOTE=Brain Squirmin' Like a Toad]Bah, it takes forever. I may do it, but for now it's only availble from me on slsk. It's bad recording quality.[/QUOTE]

Soulseek doesn't work for me. Bah.

JohnXDoesn't 09-01-2005 11:08 PM

Hey Brain Squrmin' Like A Toad, I have somethin' you have.

A bootleg of Joe Strummer playing with The Pogues. :p

Mine is on cassette, though. I'll try to upload later, but it may take a bit more time then the wallpaper did. :smash:

Brain Toad 09-01-2005 11:17 PM

I've got it going on YSI now, who knows how long it'll take.

CombatRock 09-02-2005 03:53 PM

[QUOTE=guns_of_brixton]That was kind of gay, but yes.

"This is Joe Public speaking" That's the best part of Complete Control.[/QUOTE]

C-O-N CONTROL THAT MEANS YOU! Im going to go watch essential clash dvd now! I love watching them live. I wanna buy a full dvd concert on ebay but never get around to it.

JohnXDoesn't 09-02-2005 10:52 PM

[QUOTE=CombatRock]C-O-N CONTROL THAT MEANS YOU! Im going to go watch essential clash dvd now! I love watching them live. I wanna buy a full dvd concert on ebay but never get around to it.[/QUOTE]

What is this full DVD concert you speak of? Is it a bootleg? An Import perhaps? A companion to From Here To Eternity Live? I've not heard of a full live Clash DVD. Am I missing something here? I want something like that.

I'm off to ebay! :smash:

CombatRock 09-02-2005 11:14 PM

Yea its so cool an import i think.

CombatRock 09-04-2005 12:25 AM

I went to look for some of the dvds at ebay, they didnt have any good ones at the moment!

JohnXDoesn't 09-04-2005 06:59 AM

[QUOTE=CombatRock]I went to look for some of the dvds at ebay, they didnt have any good ones at the moment![/QUOTE]

Very good, Combat Rock. I was going to do the same. I suppose it is probobly hit and miss with bootlegs and imports. I would love to get my hands on one of their last gigs ever as the original Clash. I think there is one circulating. Apparently it was a festival gig in San Bernadino, California, and while there was some controversy surrounding the night, I've read the performance is steller. Also they used a sit in drummer that night, as Terry Chimes had left the group. Who was ok, but I was never quite fond of. Topper was amazing, and IMO could not be replaced. Which says nothing of Terry and a lot of Topper.

Anyway, I'll keep looking around and thanks for the info.

guns_of_brixton 09-04-2005 07:16 AM

They talk about and show a bit of footage of that gig during Westway. I'd like to own it.

CombatRock 09-04-2005 12:48 PM

[QUOTE=JohnXDoe]Very good, Combat Rock. I was going to do the same. I suppose it is probobly hit and miss with bootlegs and imports. I would love to get my hands on one of their last gigs ever as the original Clash. I think there is one circulating. Apparently it was a festival gig in San Bernadino, California, and while there was some controversy surrounding the night, I've read the performance is steller. Also they used a sit in drummer that night, as Terry Chimes had left the group. Who was ok, but I was never quite fond of. Topper was amazing, and IMO could not be replaced. Which says nothing of Terry and a lot of Topper.

Anyway, I'll keep looking around and thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

Terry was the lamborigini guy, he was in it for a car. blah. If somone finds a good dvd post it.

redstainedeyes 09-04-2005 06:09 PM

In Westway, Joe makes it seem so outrageous that Terry would want a Lamb. And his Cockney accent really comes through when he pronounces Lamborghini.

Brain Toad 09-04-2005 06:55 PM

Sorry to anyone waiting for the Pogues thing, YSI hates me (and I return the sentienment). I still have it on SLSK, so if you get it from there you can put it on YSI.

guns_of_brixton 09-05-2005 08:24 AM

Maybe I'll hop on slsk sometime today, I'd like to hear that.

And I'm realizing how stellar the percussion is on London Calling.

CombatRock 09-05-2005 12:25 PM

Everything is stellar on that album.

Daniel! 09-05-2005 02:00 PM

[QUOTE=Brain Squirmin' Like a Toad]Sorry to anyone waiting for the Pogues thing, YSI hates me (and I return the sentienment). I still have it on SLSK, so if you get it from there you can put it on YSI.[/QUOTE]

I'll live. :upset:

CombatRock 09-05-2005 08:13 PM

I guess we can say that rumor was 100% fake now?

JohnXDoesn't 09-05-2005 08:23 PM

[QUOTE=CombatRock]I guess we can say that rumor was 100% fake now?[/QUOTE]

The rumour about Tim joining the Clash? Oh yeah. That was a rumor before it started, that's how far fetched it was. If it ever happened, would I check it out? Sure. I'm sure it would be fine. Would it be the Clash? No. Which means it would carry not nearly the weight or force of the Clash. It would be like a Clash cover band. Entertaining, yes. The Clash? By name only.

Silvermedalmafia 09-06-2005 10:13 AM

[QUOTE=guns_of_brixton]Maybe I'll hop on slsk sometime today, I'd like to hear that.

And I'm realizing how stellar the percussion is on London Calling.[/QUOTE]
Just now? Probably the first thing I noticed. Topper is one of the best rock drummers of his era, if not the best.

CombatRock 09-06-2005 03:38 PM

On Complete Control live, right before Joe says "This is joe public speaking" mick is saying somthing and it sounds like hes going through puberty.

Mild_child 09-06-2005 04:06 PM

[QUOTE=CombatRock] mick is saying somthing and it sounds like hes going through puberty.[/QUOTE]

lol

is this from which live clash album...or a bootleg?...YSI! YSI!

slipend 09-06-2005 04:52 PM

[QUOTE=Mild_child]lol

is this from which live clash album...or a bootleg?...YSI! YSI![/QUOTE]

live from here to eternity

CombatRock 09-06-2005 07:12 PM

Yea, i want that album so bad.

Daniel! 09-06-2005 07:56 PM

It's probably one of my favorite Clash albums now. I've been listening to it a ton this past week.

CombatRock 09-06-2005 08:08 PM

Lucky, i would have bought it this week, but i spent 90$ on bass equipment.

guns_of_brixton 09-06-2005 08:29 PM

You poor souls need slsk. I've got a solid 6 Clash bootlegs :cool:. Live at Bon'd may be the best quality and energy-wise.

[QUOTE=Silvermedalmafia]Topper is one of the best rock drummers of his era, if not the best.[/QUOTE]

Truth. And on [I]Eternity[/I] the percussion he's doing on Armagideon Time is saweet.

CombatRock 09-06-2005 08:45 PM

Sean, feel free to send any songs on msn at anytime :thumb:.