Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bass Guitar (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Beginner songs (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234756)

dressedinBLACK 11-26-2005 11:42 PM

[QUOTE=CrazyBass08]What is some of the hardest songs/ solos to play[/QUOTE]

rancid's maxwell murder?

dressedinBLACK 11-26-2005 11:45 PM

what effects are used for Hysteria [muse]?

mikethecoug 11-30-2005 02:40 PM

[QUOTE=dressedinBLACK]what effects are used for Hysteria [muse]?[/QUOTE]
I'm thinking its a big muff but several different effects pedals can be use to replicate it :thumb:

darkshines 12-02-2005 04:25 PM

[QUOTE=dressedinBLACK]what effects are used for Hysteria [muse]?[/QUOTE]
That's pretty much the first question n00bs ask on the Kit & Tab forum on the Muse board :lol: and yet there still doesn't actually seem to be a definitive answer... There's been synths and Big Muffs mentioned, but I get the Hysteria and Time Is Running out effects mixed up. :upset: :amaze:

:edit: Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like a twat, I just meant a lot of people ask that question. [URL="http://board.muse.mu/forumdisplay.php?f=5"]If you do a search in this forum, you'll find several threads about it.[/URL]

crazycool 12-03-2005 02:10 PM

gnr- coma- easy
led zeppelin -stairway to heaven - easy
deep purple- smoke on the water- to easy
pink floyd -money - easy
pink floyd- hey you- easy
pink floyd- wish u were here- easy

all these songs are easy for me u will prolly find them easy too

dressedinBLACK 12-04-2005 01:32 AM

[QUOTE=darkshines]That's pretty much the first question n00bs ask on the Kit & Tab forum on the Muse board :lol: and yet there still doesn't actually seem to be a definitive answer... There's been synths and Big Muffs mentioned, but I get the Hysteria and Time Is Running out effects mixed up. :upset: :amaze:

:edit: Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like a twat, I just meant a lot of people ask that question. [URL="http://board.muse.mu/forumdisplay.php?f=5"]If you do a search in this forum, you'll find several threads about it.[/URL][/QUOTE]

yah, i must've seen like 20 of them. But what's another one gonna do?:thumb:

Oz Rembrandt 12-10-2005 06:43 AM

[QUOTE=dressedinBLACK]rancid's maxwell murder?[/QUOTE]

Rancid - Axiom>Maxell Murders

darkshines 12-17-2005 08:47 AM

I had a crack at Hysteria but it sounds VERY rough haha! Last night on MSN I had a Muse fan teaching me the bassline to the jam at Glastonbury 04, and it's so cool! Pretty easy too :D

Silent_loudspeaker 12-25-2005 11:56 PM

hey! who ever said that a 3 piece band has easy basslines has obviously never heard of rush.

That being said, a couple of good songs are:

*Easy*
-Learn your scales. Even though they are not a song, they will definately help you in becoming a better player.
-Franz Ferdinand - Take me out
-Gorillaz - Feel good inc.
-Most stuff by Blink-182, Greenday, and Sum 41

*And some others I suggest for fun. These may not be easy but I play them all the time and they are fun as hell to play.
-Jaco Pastorius - Portrait of Tracy, Donna Lee, Come on Come over, Barbary coast, Continuum. Also I am currently playing an awesome song for Jazz Band by Kris Berg known as "Fowl Play". listen to it and try to find yourself some charts. [url]http://downloads.c-2.com/rams/D2809.mp3?sku=&cart=11355765771810049[/url]
Best of luck in all of your playing endevors.

darkshines 12-26-2005 09:46 AM

[QUOTE=Silent_loudspeaker]hey! who ever said that a 3 piece band has easy basslines has obviously never heard of rush.[/QUOTE]
*cough*Muse*cough*

:rolleyes: *obsessed*

punk_rocker_taz 12-30-2005 12:48 AM

Hmm the first songs i learnt on bass a few years ago were
-Are you gonna be my girl by Jet
-7 nation army by The White Stripes (im well awake thats actually meant for guitar)
-Wild Thing by The Troggs - piss easy had to learn it for school
-Longview (intro) by Green Day - not that hard and sounds awesome

darkshines 12-30-2005 03:49 PM

I've pretty much mastered Citizen Erased now! Woo! The first riff is quite quick so it sounds a bit rough around the edges but the mellow bits sound good :D

Specialsauce 12-30-2005 11:11 PM

for beginer songs, i would reccomend stir it up by bob marley, money by pink floyd, and seven nation army by the white stripes. All aaare easy, but help you learn, and give you the feeling that your really good at the instrument :P

Hester 01-01-2006 12:44 PM

white stripes - seven nation army - very very very easy

Specialsauce 01-01-2006 12:49 PM

so is stir it up. and its fun to play. I could play that almost immediateley after starting to play bass

Silent_loudspeaker 01-01-2006 07:52 PM

No darkshines, i couldnt tell that you were into muse. your avatar doesnt give anything away.*sarcasm*

ToxicDrummer 01-02-2006 09:51 PM

[QUOTE=mikethecoug]i suppose they are hard if you are really really beginner, but to me, and i stil class myself as a beginner, are all terribly easy.

feel good inc by gorillaz is fun to play and is so easy too.

g
d
a
d-0--0-2-3-0-8-7---5--5-8-7-5-3-0[/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Magenta"]Dude, that's not even close to Feel Good Inc. My cousin taught me it(my first bass song:) ) and it's nothing like that. I just played it, and I just don't get how that's Feel Good Inc.[/COLOR]

Ting 01-02-2006 10:05 PM

[QUOTE=ToxicDrummer][COLOR="Magenta"]Dude, that's not even close to Feel Good Inc. My cousin taught me it(my first bass song:) ) and it's nothing like that. I just played it, and I just don't get how that's Feel Good Inc.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
actually that is rite, it was in Guitar Worlds Bass Guitar, but its half step down

CaesarSalad 01-04-2006 06:54 PM

I just started bass and I found Jesus of Suburbia by Green Day to be very easy.

Liebensaft 01-04-2006 07:12 PM

[QUOTE=CaesarSalad]I just started bass and I found Jesus of Suburbia by Green Day to be very easy.[/QUOTE]
That's because any Green Day bass line is easy. It's mostly root notes.

Oz Rembrandt 01-07-2006 06:40 AM

[QUOTE=Crack-Rock-Steady]That's because any Green Day bass line is easy. It's mostly root notes.[/QUOTE]

Longview, Stuart and the Ave., Green Day, Stuck With Me, Warning, 2000 Light Years Away.

Just naming a few that prove you completley wrong.

selks 01-08-2006 08:53 PM

I've just started learning the bass guitar and I absolutely love it. Got "Enter Sandman" down pact and now on "Bombtrack" by RATM!

Ultimate goal = "Higher Ground" by RHCP/Stevie Wonder.

Oz Rembrandt 01-09-2006 02:35 PM

[QUOTE=selks]I've just started learning the bass guitar and I absolutely love it. Got "Enter Sandman" down pact and now on "Bombtrack" by RATM!

Ultimate goal = "Higher Ground" by RHCP/Stevie Wonder.[/QUOTE]

Haha, if your a fan of Slap Tracks, Rage, RHCP are the way to go. I also advise Primus, but its seriously hard stuff.

w.lancer 01-09-2006 09:18 PM

Ytse Jam-Dream Theater.
haha ok that was a joke.

almost any song on the top40 is easy onbass.

steve2112 01-13-2006 11:22 PM

tab

Iam very very new to the tab thing,can someone help me understand where to download tab for some music I would like to play for my drumkit, I would really appreciate it, Thanks, steve

andy-o24 01-14-2006 09:55 AM

[QUOTE=Hester]white stripes - seven nation army - very very very easy[/QUOTE]
that's actually played on the electric guitar but it should be on bass but The White Stripes only have 2 people in the band so drums and an electric but yes the bass part is probably the easiest thing on Earth.:thumb:

king of suede 01-14-2006 01:10 PM

coq roq - bob your head - easy - easy to play, plus, how can you notlike a song about chicken fries?

??? - super mario bros. underground theme - moderate(for beginner) - its hard to find a good tab for this song, but once you find the one with the octive jumps, then you've found the right one, this is also pretty fast for a beginner so, it'll work on string speed

??? - "worms" world party theme song - moderate - this is played pretty much all on one string, also it's a very spaced out, fast song, so it'll teach you to use your pinky which you should get used to using

metallica - moterbreath - adavanced (advanced beginner, i sightread it) - this is a very fast song,but pretty much most of the song uses only two strings, easy fretting, but will improve you're picking speed

can't find these tabs? i m me anytime and i'll get tab em out

Elemetal 01-14-2006 07:32 PM

[QUOTE=skatrpunk][QUOTE=republican_bass]White Stripes- Seven Nation Army- Easy
seven nation army is played palm muted on an electric guitar.they dont have a bass player.[/QUOTE]

As Jaco Pastorius said as a bass player to get better is to also learn the melody or guitar part. So it really doesnt matter what instrument it is on the cd. If you hear it play it. play the guitar to it play the bass to it make your own bass to it. Thats the way to get better. Create your own listen use your ear and dont limit yourself to just bass stuff on the bass guitar.

king of suede 01-15-2006 10:17 AM

[QUOTE=Elemetal][QUOTE=skatrpunk]

As Jaco Pastorius said as a bass player to get better is to also learn the melody or guitar part. So it really doesnt matter what instrument it is on the cd. If you hear it play it. play the guitar to it play the bass to it make your own bass to it. Thats the way to get better. Create your own listen use your ear and dont limit yourself to just bass stuff on the bass guitar.[/QUOTE]

ditto man, i never thought of that, but that is an awsome idea

Frantic_Master 01-20-2006 02:18 AM

If metal is your style, and you really suck like me try Iced Earth. I got their whole Dark Saga album in tabs, and it's fairly easy. Down tuned a half step, but easy I think. Schaffer isn't known for his bass lines, but they work.

I can't do much Maiden, Harris is a beast.