Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rock & Metal (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Rock & Metal Forum: Report Problems/Ask Questions/Make Suggestions (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=580789)

adb 12-30-2010 01:21 AM

99% of images are not penises, today was an aberration

for the 1% of dicks and other random nsfw shit we'll have a mod to delete them

also, mods are needed for spambots

the bottom line is cocaine is busy and we just need another mod to clean up what he misses, it's not that difficult

Jom 12-30-2010 01:23 AM

You guys are going to get one eventually. Where are the other supposed moderators? Is Jelle still alive? What happened to Meatplow? Did he finally get sick of everyone's shit?

blockhead 12-30-2010 01:23 AM

[QUOTE=Jom;18334294]Uh, I'm not taking them away. It was just a question.

Restated: What do you guys use them (as in, "[IMG] tags") for?

I also don't need an explanation as to what the problem with this forum is. I know what the problem is.[/QUOTE]

posting gifs of sonic[IMG]http://www.dan-dare.org/Dan%20Sonic/SonicTripSmallAni.gif[/IMG]

illmitch 12-30-2010 01:24 AM

no idea who jelle is (that said, i haven't been posting here that long). haz resigned, but it was for completely different reasons.

Aakon_Keetreh 12-30-2010 01:25 AM

i want to be mod. but nobody listens to me of course

Jom 12-30-2010 01:26 AM

Jelle is superpeer. Just be glad that SonorKen isn't around to pretend to threaten you with military intervention.

Aakon: why? Not saying you aren't going to get the gig, but why would you want it?

illmitch 12-30-2010 01:27 AM

[QUOTE=Aakon_Keetreh;18334300]i want to be mod. but nobody listens to me of course[/QUOTE]

mitch & jon for mod 2011

blockhead 12-30-2010 01:29 AM

[IMG]http://www.dan-dare.org/Dan%20Sonic/KnucklesRunSmallAni.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://www.dan-dare.org/Dan%20Sonic/TailsFlySmallAni.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://www.dan-dare.org/Dan%20Sonic/SonicRunSmallAni.gif[/IMG]

what now old man

Aakon_Keetreh 12-30-2010 01:29 AM

[QUOTE=Jom;18334302]Jelle is superpeer. Just be glad that SonorKen isn't around to pretend to threaten you with military intervention.

Aakon: why? Not saying you aren't going to get the gig, but why would you want it?[/QUOTE]

few reasons, first off im online a lot, so i have the time to do it, i dont really tend to take sides with people usually, im a neutral character here and shit dude i see so much bullshit go on here, not saying im gunna stop it, but tyler is never here that much to do anything about rules being broken

blockhead 12-30-2010 01:31 AM

if we want to play "look at me i've been here for 8 years" you were only here a few months longer than me[IMG]http://www.dan-dare.org/Dan%20Sonic/SuperSonicSmallAni.gif[/IMG] big whoop

aria 12-30-2010 01:32 AM

was it just that deal w/ it dick who cares

blockhead 12-30-2010 01:32 AM

this is what i would do to trolls if i was a mod[IMG]http://www.dan-dare.org/Dan%20Sonic/SonicBashAni.gif[/IMG]

Jom 12-30-2010 01:33 AM

[QUOTE=Aakon_Keetreh;18334307]few reasons, first off im online a lot, so i have the time to do it, i dont really tend to take sides with people usually, im a neutral character here and shit dude i see so much bullshit go on here, not saying im gunna stop it, but tyler is never here that much to do anything about rules being broken[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks. Just one thing I wanted to throw out there is how thankless of a "job" it is - then again, like I have to explain why there's such turnover in moderation staff in this forum. A few people get really disenfranchised with things after awhile, so if you feel like you have an even keel, I don't see how it would adversely affect you.

blockhead, I remember when you used to be at least relevant. You're just a shell of your former posting identity.

Tyler 12-30-2010 01:33 AM

We don't need another mod. I've been a bit busy the last few days, okay, but you're mostly all just spamming to justify this need for a mod that isn't there.

Spambots? They're site-wide. We all catch them, and it takes two seconds to delete their posts (all of them) and ban them. Like, literally. It's two clicks.

As far as IMG tags, their only use is really spam and the what are you listening to thread, which is ultimately just postcount ++++. Still, I'd hate to see them gone.

I asked Jom and the other meds to keep an extra eye on the place for a few days because I'm a little busy, but the easiest way to cut down on the spam is to stop spamming yourselves. All you guys do is try to troll each other, and you're honestly all terrible at it. You complain when I make little threats to ban you guys, and then you piss and moan when I don't do it because of how "out of sorts" the forum is.

Instead of spamming the place in some convoluted effort to be modded (none of you in this discussion will be, by the way), try actually reporting things. I may not have a ton of time to scan each thread and keep up with every discussion you guys have, but if you were to report posts in this thread (instead of bitching about non-specifics) then it'd be much easier to clean things up. There is no need for someone who's on 24/7 (as we've seen from ADB, who's by far the worst user I've ever seen on MX). This thread is for reporting, but all you guys are doing is bitching and complaining. Almost 100% of what I delete and moderate has to do with you guys. I spend a lot of time banning spambots, probably way more than you'd ever imagine, but almost everything I have to delete is self-contained to you idiots getting into arguments or posting dicks or derailing every thread with your petty bullshit .

And seriously, stop asking to be modded. I'm a hair away from just banning people who ask.

Aakon_Keetreh 12-30-2010 01:35 AM

[QUOTE=Jom;18334314]Alright, thanks. Just one thing I wanted to throw out there is how thankless of a "job" it is - then again, like I have to explain why there's such turnover in moderation staff in this forum. A few people get really disenfranchised with things after awhile, so if you feel like you have an even keel, I don't see how it would adversely affect you.

blockhead, I remember when you used to be at least relevant. You're just a shell of your former posting identity.[/QUOTE]

yeah i figured its a pretty thankless job. im pretty clearheaded tho over the 5 years ive been here tho. but yeah thats my take on it, ill just do a good job

blockhead 12-30-2010 01:35 AM

durr hurr look at me, here's a reference to something that happened a long time ago [IMG]http://th294.photobucket.com/albums/mm114/Bakufuun_and_Cookie/Animated%20GIFS-%20sonic/th_k18.gif[/IMG]

Jom 12-30-2010 01:37 AM

[QUOTE=blockhead;18334318]durr hurr look at me[/QUOTE]

That about sums you up in a nutshell, yeah.

blockhead 12-30-2010 01:39 AM

[QUOTE=Jom;18334314]blockhead, I remember when you used to be at least relevant. You're just a shell of your former posting identity.[/QUOTE]

I appeal to a whole new demographic now. went from being guitar forum troll to pit user to rock and metal user. [IMG]http://thmg.photobucket.com/albums/v339/JayFoxFire/sonic%20Gifs%20and%20animation/th_animation16hr6.gif[/IMG]

Tyler 12-30-2010 01:41 AM

At the request of everyone, I'm going to start moderating more heavily. You may not have been around for the days SonorKen but if you'd all like I'd be more than happy to bring his moderation style back into the fold. If you're wondering what that means, it's that you'll all probably be banned most of the time.

adb 12-30-2010 01:41 AM

[QUOTE]We don't need another mod. I've been a bit busy the last few days, okay, but you're mostly all just spamming to justify this need for a mod that isn't there.

Spambots? They're site-wide. We all catch them, and it takes two seconds to delete their posts (all of them) and ban them. Like, literally. It's two clicks.

As far as IMG tags, their only use is really spam and the what are you listening to thread, which is ultimately just postcount ++++. Still, I'd hate to see them gone.

I asked Jom and the other meds to keep an extra eye on the place for a few days because I'm a little busy, but the easiest way to cut down on the spam is to stop spamming yourselves. All you guys do is try to troll each other, and you're honestly all terrible at it. You complain when I make little threats to ban you guys, and then you piss and moan when I don't do it because of how "out of sorts" the forum is.

Instead of spamming the place in some convoluted effort to be modded (none of you in this discussion will be, by the way), try actually reporting things. I may not have a ton of time to scan each thread and keep up with every discussion you guys have, but if you were to report posts in this thread (instead of bitching about non-specifics) then it'd be much easier to clean things up. There is no need for someone who's on 24/7 (as we've seen from ADB, who's by far the worst user I've ever seen on MX). This thread is for reporting, but all you guys are doing is bitching and complaining. Almost 100% of what I delete and moderate has to do with you guys. I spend a lot of time banning spambots, probably way more than you'd ever imagine, but almost everything I have to delete is self-contained to you idiots getting into arguments or posting dicks or derailing every thread with your petty bullshit .

And seriously, stop asking to be modded. I'm a hair away from just banning people who ask.
[/QUOTE]
thats a really nice and long post, cocaine, but really.

None of that applies to elim and he's the one who posts the dicks

let go of your disdain for me and jon (you are always condescending to us) please. We just need someone to babysit elim

he's on weekends, and you're usually working or out at a bar

edit: you being more strict isn't going to do anything if you're out.

Jom 12-30-2010 01:42 AM

[QUOTE=blockhead;18334323]I appeal to a whole new demographic now. went from being guitar forum troll to pit user to rock and metal user.[/QUOTE]

See? A perfectly acceptable answer. A man of the people!*

[quote=adb]he's on weekends, and you're usually working or out at a bar[/quote]

I would personally drive to Toronto and beat the shit out of Cocaine if he wasn't NOT at a bar ON THE WEEKEND.

I understand your point(s). But it's also all the more reason to not be so emotionally invested in this?

blockhead 12-30-2010 01:42 AM

[QUOTE=Tyler;18334326]At the request of everyone, I'm going to start moderating more heavily. You may not have been around for the days SonorKen but if you'd all like I'd be more than happy to bring his moderation style back into the fold. If you're wondering what that means, it's that you'll all probably be banned most of the time.[/QUOTE]

no one asked for that, jackass. everyone just said no dicks.[IMG]http://www.orgsites.com/al/sonicadventure2003/RelaxationKnux.gif[/IMG]

Tyler 12-30-2010 01:47 AM

[QUOTE]edit: you being more strict isn't going to do anything if you're out[/quote]
It takes two seconds for me to click on a post you've reported and delete it as spam, which has a ban option. Like I said: two clicks. Also, I'm not the only person who moderates in here. I may be the only "local" R&M mod, but everyone moderates everywhere. They just don't always make their presence known. For the longest time Bartender was the busiest moderator on the site, and that's without having really posted for months. You guys have to actively report these things because sometimes we're dropping in to check threads like these when we don't have time to scan pages and pages of backlogs that are only all the more saturated because of all the constant bitching and trolling that goes on here.

[QUOTE]None of that applies to elim and he's the one who posts the dicks
[/QUOTE]
We're not going to mod someone just to delete Elim's trollepilepsy. There's a reason he's doing this right now, and that's it.

Also, if you're sick of all the dicks, maybe you should stop encouraging them. A lot of the dick pictures I deleted the other night were in posts made by other people who had quoted the pictures.

[QUOTE]let go of your disdain for me and jon (you are always condescending to us) please.[/QUOTE]
You're the root of the problem. You as in you, and not as in you and Jon. Deleting dicks is easy if you report them. I havent been on much the last month just because I've had my thesis due and then it was the holidays. Otherwise, I'm always on or near a computer. I regularly check in. If you guys reported specific posts instead of vaguely bitched about each other, I could delete things easier. Like I said, deleting dicks is relatively easy and painless. You know what's hard? Moderating pages of bullshit. Guess who causes these pages of bullshit? You. I'm condescending to you because you're largely responsible for the degradation of this forum.

illmitch 12-30-2010 01:50 AM

i just love that we're having a conversation where one of the main key phrases is "deleting dicks"

blockhead_ 12-30-2010 02:05 AM

so what am i being banned for?

Tyler 12-30-2010 02:08 AM

You're being banned because it's easier than deleting your posts at this point. I deleted one of your posts in this thread (which was spam), which you then reposted. I gave you another chance. You posted again. I'm giving you a break here by explaining this. Please don't post in this thread anymore unless you're directly reporting something, because another break is far from the horizon

blockhead_ 12-30-2010 02:09 AM

I thought the image wasn't loading or something i didn't know you deleted it. can you unban my blockhead account if i don't post any more pictures of sonic in the report thread

Tyler 12-30-2010 02:10 AM

Okay.

Consider that a one time thing, though. Again: this thread is only for making suggestions (VALID suggestions. If you suggest yourself for mod, expect to be banned) and reporting posts. You don't need to reply to this, and I'd suggest you don't.

TimJim 12-30-2010 02:32 AM

i would like to suggest that we get rid of img tags sicne the only person that uses them is ADB who uses them for BAWWW pix

Destroy All Girls 12-30-2010 05:28 AM

[QUOTE=Jom;18334294]Restated: What do you guys use them (as in, "[IMG] tags") for?[/QUOTE]

they have a legit use in the last album you listened to thread, it wouldn't be the same without being able to post album art

the only thing I hate about img tags is the abuse of unfunny memes

[QUOTE=Jom;18334297]What happened to Meatplow? Did he finally get sick of everyone's shit?[/QUOTE]

sort of

I have very little time to post here recently and most of it has been spent arguing over petty rubbish

anyway, my mod suggestions

Pete
Aakon_Keetreh
Mr. Ron
Ventriloquist

just pick one seriously, despite Tyler's rant on the last page there has been a lot of unattended spam threads and pictures of dicks being thrown about I used to delete so much shit when he wasn't on, these guys are all good users who have no worse a history of trolling than anyone who is currently on the moderation team

adb 12-30-2010 05:43 AM

seriously Pete? he doesn't even post in the comm thread

Aakon or Ron for mod

Aaron 12-30-2010 07:18 AM

Can I give you an honest suggestion Tyler? Don't be sarcastic towards people about your distain for their posting, just delete their crap. You're inflaming them and stroking their ego by saying "you know what, not the community thread" or "stop it Brent."

We all know crap gets posted, and it's your job to clean it up, but it's unhelpful for you to ejaculate all over the place about how you have to delete the stuff. Just get in there and do it, and you won't tempt people into arguments mate.

This is coming from someone who manages people professionally; half the time it's the recognition that's someones being a dick that validates what they're doing.

whiteminority 12-30-2010 09:51 AM

Aaron would be a great manager/mod.

However, I'm ducking out of this thread since I don't want to be banned.

it's for the birds 12-30-2010 10:51 AM

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WG8oq.png[/IMG]

prob sovld :confused:

2muchket! 12-30-2010 12:59 PM

[QUOTE=TimJim;18334381]i would like to suggest that we get rid of img tags sicne the only person that uses them is ADB who uses them for BAWWW pix[/QUOTE]

would destroy the what are you listening to thread though

oh and dick posts in the comm thread

publicastration 12-30-2010 01:08 PM

[QUOTE=TimJim;18334381]i would like to suggest that we get rid of img tags sicne the only person that uses them is ADB who uses them for BAWWW pix[/QUOTE]

retarded idea

p sure you can turn em off for yourself

blockhead 12-30-2010 02:02 PM

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=588129&page=1213

blockhead 12-30-2010 02:05 PM

why don't you guys just ip ban him, and if he uses a proxy ban on sight?

illmitch 12-30-2010 02:17 PM

because this place would suck without eliminator

whiteminority 12-30-2010 02:19 PM

not really. it sucks with him.