Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Guitar (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   lod (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573519)

jaklyons 01-15-2010 04:50 PM

Antarctic plate will f[size=2]u[/size]ck you up.

Retrognome 01-15-2010 06:51 PM

All right trannybangers?

purple_hazer 01-15-2010 07:01 PM

[QUOTE=fingers mccoy;17756049][URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMKfa-_ejn4[/URL]

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG1O6MNacCo[/URL]

did a couple guitar videos for my girlfriend, thought you guys might be interested though generally you aren't in this sort of thing but w/e[/QUOTE]

damn dude i really want to hear those on the proper guitar, i read the youtube info, i hope your guitar gets fixed well and soon man. the only thing that bothered me is that the tone of the guitar didnt accomodate the style very well, but as i was listening i kept trying to imagine the tone of a nice nylon string

The_Mop 01-15-2010 08:37 PM

Hey guys. Havn't posted in a while....

past few days have been exams + revision. Gah. But saw Avatar in 3D at an IMAX today, it was bitchin. Pretty predictable plot but damn if it isn't the ****ing pinnacle of visuals.

Sup the lod?

4yearpro? 01-15-2010 09:27 PM

fingers mccoy 01-15-2010 09:30 PM

[QUOTE=purple_hazer;17756291]damn dude i really want to hear those on the proper guitar, i read the youtube info, i hope your guitar gets fixed well and soon man. the only thing that bothered me is that the tone of the guitar didnt accomodate the style very well, but as i was listening i kept trying to imagine the tone of a nice nylon string[/QUOTE]

nice one mate hope you saw what i was getting at and enjoyed it anyway, my classical will be back to normal in maybe a week

Left Face Down 01-15-2010 11:52 PM

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on an ESP/LTD, if a store around me sold them. That and it is kind of scary as I see a lot of them used around at least one of the stores by me. I of course have no idea where the people are buying them, but seeing a stock pile of them in the used section kind of makes you think.

Thinking about trying SD or EMG pickups... though my original plan was to probably get a cheaper Ibanez RG or RGA series and get a SD Custom-5 for the bridge, then throw my SD Jazz which has been sitting around for about 5 years in the neck. Should have just gotten a Custom-5 back in the day, but I was lured in by the Custom Custom... which was not what I was looking for.

TriggerNYC 01-16-2010 02:47 AM

[QUOTE=Left Face Down;17756660]I wouldn't mind getting my hands on an ESP/LTD, if a store around me sold them.

[/QUOTE]

i had an esp lyd viper 400 a while ago. it was while i was still new to the electric guitar and couldnt really play leads, and didnt know what a truss rod or bridge adjustment was. i sold the guitar bc i thought the action was too high and sounded bleh. at the time i didnt know you could lower the action or change the pickups. i didnt really know anything.

id actually REALLY like to have a go at another one of those guitars, bc my opinion of guitars have changed so much over the years. especiallly after getting an ewar for my own sound, having my own playing style, and play differene expensive and budget guitars and pickups and ****.

i saw soe guy on your tube giving zoom G2.u demos, using a starter ltd guitar with an emg 81 in the bridge. i didnt like the way it sounded but i like ibanez budget stuff, think they are much ebtter than squiers and ****, would really like to try out a "cheaper" ltd. i mean if youre getting a guitar in a solid clor without a quilter/flamed multi-layerd top on it, and ur gonna replace the electronics and hardware anyway, what r u really paying for?

/lfd multi-paragraph essay post

mnemonic II 01-16-2010 02:58 AM

[QUOTE=The_Mop;17756421]Hey guys. Havn't posted in a while....

past few days have been exams + revision. Gah. But saw Avatar in 3D at an IMAX today, it was bitchin. Pretty predictable plot but damn if it isn't the ****ing pinnacle of visuals.

Sup the lod?[/QUOTE]

until next year when processing power doubles and a movie with even more special effects comes out.

i bet it will be directed by michael bay.

Left Face Down 01-16-2010 03:08 AM

[QUOTE=TriggerNYC;17756748]i had an esp lyd viper 400 a while ago...

...i mean if youre getting a guitar in a solid clor without a quilter/flamed multi-layerd top on it, and ur gonna replace the electronics and hardware anyway, what r u really paying for?
[/QUOTE]

I don't mind replacing electronics, but I like to buy a guitar that I don't have to worry about the hardware on. Though I mean one day I have $1-1.5k to throw down I'll buy Warmoth parts and build my own guitar. I like making the guitar, mine, if you will.

Actually met a guy who had a ESP LTD Viper 400 in college. That guitar was a lot heavier than I thought it was going to be. :lol: I'm not sure if he just hadn't had it set up in a while, he didn't play as religiously as he previously did due to college (like myself), but it didn't really play well.

I've just been itching for a guitar with a mahogany body. Though I'm kind of a super-strat addict. I'm actually surprised at the number of guitars that are carrying SD/EMGs now a days and they aren't too dreadfully expensive either.

I'm just interested in getting something that is different than what I have. I've looked at LPs and Explorer style bodies. Fact of the matter is I should have had $600 a couple months back when they were selling ESP LTD MH-1000 practically half off their normal price.

purple_hazer 01-16-2010 03:59 AM

[IMG]http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/99/l_7a53f5f3f1dc423aab1a89c094fbf216.jpg[/IMG]

i love this guitar. it is an LTD. paid 300 "used" (brand fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]king new, still had plastic film on pickups no indications of wear anywhere).

s[COLOR="Black"]hi[/COLOR]t rules arse, throw some skinny top heavy bottom rotosounds on it and your ready for whatever youd like

EDIT: it was a definite must to swap pickups though, kind of goes without saying. im just glad i had these two homies chillin in other guitars

mnemonic II 01-16-2010 04:01 AM

[IMG]http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/1395/1263580360877.jpg[/IMG]

purple_hazer 01-16-2010 04:06 AM

dont you do that you bastard!

Left Face Down 01-16-2010 05:50 AM

That guitar is about as weird looking as w/e the hell that bird is. I've seen guitars with that pickup configuration before, but rarely. Though what really gets me is the selector switch/knob positions.

I might have to go down to the shop I mentioned above and try some out. Just digging through the $500-800 range I see:

- ESP LTD Delux EC-1000 (LP Body)
*Prefer the SD pickups in the blue color, but that color comes with EMGs

- ESP LTD MH-401NT (Super Strat)
*EMGs

- Jackson DKMGT Dinky (Super Strat)
*EMGs, again, but I'll be honest I've never actually had the pleasure of playing a guitar with active EMGs. I only know them through bands/videos.

- Hamer Standard Flametop (Explorer body style basically)
* Only Duncan-Design pickups
* Cheaper than the others

Though lets face it, what I need to do is kick my a[size=2]s[/size]s into finishing my resume. So I can get a job, then hopefully get myself a $1-1.2k ESP of my choosing by my birthday in May.

TriggerNYC 01-16-2010 07:43 AM

[QUOTE=Left Face Down;17756766]
Actually met a guy who had a ESP LTD Viper 400 in college. That guitar was a lot heavier than I thought it was going to be. :lol: I'm not sure if he just hadn't had it set up in a while, he didn't play as religiously as he previously did due to college (like myself), but it didn't really play well.
[/QUOTE]

u didnt go to loyola new orleans did you? lol.

i feel amost any guitar i get im gonna end up puyttin my own pickups and pots into, and maybe change the tuners and the nut depending on if its fr or not. and i play with a decent amount of gain in rock bands, so i mean you hear the wood and stuff, but you dont really.

and for the msot part my hands cant tell the diff between my $600 jackson and a $3000 Gibson. and im swapping out the pups on my jackson anyway, so i mean if i can grab a $300 "budget" guitar and do some work on it and itll play just as good (to me) as a thousand dollar guitar, wtf is the point of buying a thousand dollar guitar.

4yearpro? 01-16-2010 10:45 AM

[QUOTE=mnemonic II;17756789][IMG]http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/1395/1263580360877.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

u post shi like that but as soon as i post gabagool goose, its game over for me :upset:

jaklyons 01-16-2010 11:02 AM

It's the Gabagool Gull.

TriggerNYC 01-16-2010 11:15 AM

[QUOTE=4yearpro?;17757016]u post shi like that but as soon as i post gabagool goose, its game over for me :upset:[/QUOTE]

gabagool bro

4yearpro? 01-16-2010 12:25 PM

spicy or sweet?

Blue_Moon 01-16-2010 12:47 PM

spicy

4yearpro? 01-16-2010 01:08 PM

[IMG]http://katherinestetson.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/capicola-sammich.jpg[/IMG]

TriggerNYC 01-16-2010 01:20 PM

yo lod i just got out of the shower. i finished working out about 40 min ago, tried to drink a protein shake with milk and vomited on myself. that was awesome. just lettin u know for a chuckle.

mnemonic II 01-16-2010 01:48 PM

[QUOTE=4yearpro?;17757016]u post shi like that but as soon as i post gabagool goose, its game over for me :upset:[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/1516/125941281219.jpg[/IMG]

purple_hazer 01-16-2010 02:14 PM

[QUOTE=Left Face Down;17756867][B]That guitar is about as weird looking as w/e the hell that bird is. I've seen guitars with that pickup configuration before, but rarely. Though what really gets me is the selector switch/knob positions.[/B]

I might have to go down to the shop I mentioned above and try some out. Just digging through the $500-800 range I see:

- ESP LTD Delux EC-1000 (LP Body)
*Prefer the SD pickups in the blue color, but that color comes with EMGs

- ESP LTD MH-401NT (Super Strat)
*EMGs

- Jackson DKMGT Dinky (Super Strat)
*EMGs, again, but I'll be honest I've never actually had the pleasure of playing a guitar with active EMGs. I only know them through bands/videos.

- Hamer Standard Flametop (Explorer body style basically)
* Only Duncan-Design pickups
* Cheaper than the others

Though lets face it, what I need to do is kick my a[size=2]s[/size]s into finishing my resume. So I can get a job, then hopefully get myself a $1-1.2k ESP of my choosing by my birthday in May.[/QUOTE]

your tellin me man, i own it! haha but i truely have never felt a more well placed switch and knobs, for my picking hand at least. everything is way out of the way, but right fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]king there, the switch especially

jaklyons 01-16-2010 03:37 PM

[QUOTE=The Stig;17757325]wouldn't that be the gabagull?[/QUOTE]

No.

Left Face Down 01-16-2010 04:06 PM

Just installed Windows 7, should have fun dicking around in it for a little while. Hope I can find support for all my games and stuff though. Kept putting it off, but researching the XP emulation to see if AutoCAD 2007 works. If it works with out a glitch then I can put W7 on my mother's computer when I build it.

[QUOTE=purple_hazer;17757366]your tellin me man, i own it! haha but i truely have never felt a more well placed switch and knobs, for my picking hand at least. everything is way out of the way, but right fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]king there, the switch especially[/QUOTE]

Lets face it, if it sounds good and plays good it can look weirder than all hell and no one cares.

4yearpro? 01-16-2010 05:08 PM

[IMG]http://img5.travelblog.org/Photos/1/228542/f/1784688-Tucan-0.jpg[/IMG]

jaklyons 01-16-2010 05:25 PM

[IMG]http://www.birminghamzoo.com/images/giraffe.png[/IMG]

Sad But True 01-16-2010 05:32 PM

[QUOTE=purple_hazer;17756788][IMG]http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/99/l_7a53f5f3f1dc423aab1a89c094fbf216.jpg[/IMG]

i love this guitar. it is an LTD. paid 300 "used" (brand fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]king new, still had plastic film on pickups no indications of wear anywhere).

s[COLOR="Black"]hi[/COLOR]t rules arse, throw some skinny top heavy bottom rotosounds on it and your ready for whatever youd like

EDIT: it was a definite must to swap pickups though, kind of goes without saying. im just glad i had these two homies chillin in other guitars[/QUOTE]
I've got the 7 string SC but damn the 6 strings look even better, especially with trans finishes.

El-Ahrairah 01-16-2010 06:17 PM

[QUOTE=TriggerNYC;17757277]yo lod i just got out of the shower. i finished working out about 40 min ago, tried to drink a protein shake with milk and vomited on myself. that was awesome. just lettin u know for a chuckle.[/QUOTE]

protein shakes are for pussies, real men eat tuna and cottage cheese.